Running off the Cookies in the New Year - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

The route tracker will now give you an elevation profile of your route! (lhs, click next to "elevation")

I got lost and found a hill today. gmap tells me I did about 70 vertical feet. Hmm, I doubt it was that much, really.
#62 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Back from 43 min run! My furtherest so far. And it felt pretty good too. It was great to see many other runners in the park with me.

DD is playing with her Barbies, magnetic dress up dolls, etc and is talking about getting them boyfriends. She turns 4 on Wednesday. How did she learn about boyfriends already???

Off for my shower. It is one of the best things about running in the cold, the warm shower afterwards. Although I am not sure that 44 degrees is really that cold, but it isn't spring!

eksmom, glad DD seems ok. Hope she is back no to normal quickly!
#63 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 04:21 PM

Hi Runners

Feeling pretty good today. Glad to be getting the new year off on the right foot.

Did 3.1 on the goofy TM today while kids watched Nemo.

Thanks for being here, you are all such a big help

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#64 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 04:23 PM

Oh and BBM, I will do the team again too. I did only 6 miles last week but put me down for the 15 a week again.

Thanks, ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#65 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 04:55 PM

I'm in for another month.
Really need to start increasing the milage now. Did 5 miles today. My sister gets back from holiday tomorrow so hopefully we can get a run in. It is always nice to run with her.

Moonshine: 44 is 6 C that is freezing in my books. Wow I take my hat off to all you mamas running in such cold weather. So i guess I have no excuses when our winter day time temp is about 59.

Give up sugar- now that would be a great goal, but I live with a sugar crazy family, not sure i can not eat ice-cream when they are.
#66 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 04:59 PM

Patti's Power Mamas-December 26-31st
Hollysmom-
Patti-19.6
Mamabeth-3.5
Kerc-10
Lucenamama-10.8
Kate~emmasmom-24.65
Athansor-
Runningmommy-28.47
1jooj-7.8
loftmama-15.63
moonshine-6.5
dawnadelle-
saskiasmom-7.7
Kinsey43-
homebirthmommy-21.46

Totals so far 156.11Still missing Hollysmom, athansor, dawnadelle, and kinsey 43 PM your totals.

Here are the breakdowns for December so far
Dec 1-4 Dec 5-11 Dec 12-18 Dec 19-25 Dec 26-31

Hollysmom- 3 4 4 0
Patti- 18.6 15.3 6.3 16.6 19.6
Mamabeth- 10 13.6 10.2 8.8 3.5
Kerc- 7 12 5 0 10
Lucenamama- 7.5 20.85 19.1 8.5 10.8
Kate~e'smom 9 19.1 20.9 22.5 24.65
athansor- 7 8 7 12
runningmommy 15.66 33.06 21.75 33.38 28.47
1jooj- 12 19.6 24.2 25.2 7.8
loftmama- 6.5 0 11.25 13 15.63
moonshine- 7.8 18.5 16.6 12.7 6.5
dawnadelle- 10 6.1 3 0
saskiasmom- 6 15.5 23 0 7.7
kinsey43- 6 15
Homebirthmommy 5.5 15.91 18.55 18.53 21.46

131.56 216.52 190.85 171.21 156.11

Totals for December so far- We still have a few holes-866.25Great job everyone

cRebRun- I think you will be a great inspiration for me. Rainey and Grace sound beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us. Griffin has helped me get through some runs too. A little push when I need it. I have found running to be theraputic for me also.

ND-So happy to hear from you. Glad you are in a better place emotionally. I'm glad you could share with dh. Glad you are getting back running.

shantimama-Good luck with school and your writing and crafting. 3 miles already. Good job.

moonshine-Yay for getting out there and your longest run yet.

poppywise-If you need a canoe to get around Kerc has one

eksmom-I hope ek is fine. Good luck with your half and on the ttc front. You know you'll find lots of support here to keep active while pregnant.

Jenlove-Glad you're back and you had a nice vacation. Great goals.

BBM-I say keep the teams the same and move things around if we find too many people not up for the challenge. I guess I'll let you have cRebRun. Aprildawn is new too. See if we get her or if you guys need another.

HBM and 2babybees-I might be joining you for a day off too. the weather is cold and rainy. Maybe a treadmill run if I feel up to it.

Hi to everyone else.

Peace and love,

Patti
#67 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 05:08 PM

Well, the ped sent DH and DD to the orthopaedist... they've been there about 45 mins. so I am just sitting here at work wondering what's going on. The ped said that at this age (EK is 27 mos.) that she doesn't assume it's all in a kid's head and wanted to play it safe... Is there a worrying smiley?

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#68 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 05:48 PM

Thanks for the welcome...what a huge difference from the other board I was participating in! I introduced myself there and accidentally put an 'n' at the end of the word 'forum' and because of that was ignored by most. I'm on okay spellur and hatid wastin sew mutch enurgy on worryeng that I did'nt scruw up, ya no?
Patti, let me know if you would ever like to talk to someone who has been there....sometimes even a stranger who has been there can be more comforting than a close friend who (thankfully) has no idea what it's like. I was very fortunate to have a best friend (you all know her) who was just 'there'...cleaning my house for the funeral or sitting and watching Oprah with me while I was still in shock. She didn't try to 'fix' it or cheer me up. Somehow she knew exactly what I needed from her and she helped me live through the most acute part of the pain. Still, it was very helpful to talk (mostly online) with other mothers who had been forced to bury a child. I won't bring it up again, since I don't want to make you uncomfortable, but please know that the offer does not have an end date.
So, for the monthly competition, who do I send my milage to? And do I send it daily or weekly??
#69 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 05:56 PM

Just for grins, I had to go back and see what my wimpy a$$ was doing a year ago on the Running Thread - running 2 miles in the mid-40s and exhausted! Hah! What a difference a year can make! So I did 4 this morning, no problem with circuit training and quarter-mile repeats in the lower 40s. No more complaining.

Oh yeah. Mamabeth was the only one with a cold (BBM, you were perfectly fine) and she was getting ready for her big ol' marathon, all worried and all. It's fun to go back and check it out. Kerc, Geo, Dr Jen, Patti - you were all the running studs. (I didn't check the whole thread. Sorry if I left someone out.)

Oh and the pages didn't move nearly as much as they do now!

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#70 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 06:05 PM

someone, i can't remember who, mentioned an online tool to track their mileage per week. could ya post the link or name of the site you use for forgetful old me? i was going to sign up for it, but holiday madness set in. what better time to start tracking milage than now??

i might go back and scan thru the last couple threads to find it. good luck to me.

TIA!! i'm really really grateful!
#71 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 06:25 PM

hi mamas. i don't think i can commit to a weekly mileage - i have no idea how this new work schedule will impact my life yet. as well as we're moving forward with the bike shop, so i have no idea how things will play out yet.

today dh and i hiked the Pinnicle, beautiful out. later i'll post pics!
#72 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 07:13 PM

I think I need to add "being nicer to dh" as one of my goals. I have been a b**** lately. I thought it was the hormonbes Im taking to get AF, but now I think that I am actually just a b. All you ladies who balance all you do AND have a menstrual cycle

Kerc - you said something to me once about just going for 20 min. I think of that almost every time o go out. I used to get very overwhelmed by the thought of doing the mileage Id like to, so now I htink, I can do 20 min, and off I go. Thanks

Shanti and Kanga - I almost cried today on my run thinking about leaping and the net appearing, and letting the flow guide me. I could cry right now. Thanks

Patti - thanks for the "we are here..." 7.7 last week.

I hit a wall today when Ds threw hi lunch on the floor. I just got up and told Dh he had to feed them. I got dressed, and actually spent quite awhile in the bathroom : , then put DD down for his nap and left Dh to deal with DD's nap and I went for 9 miles. I dont think I said anything to Dh that whole time before I left. Then I got home to him sweeping and mopping the house : : ... lots of resolution ideas came to me today

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#73 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 08:32 PM

Hi all! We're back from the insanity family tour. truly, it was nutty. ds got sick and got a fever, so we freaked out a bit because he's only 11 weeks. But he's fine today, go figure.

I will try to go through the pages tomorrow but just wanted to say hey and I missed y'all! Oh and I ran once, about 3.5 miles, which I consider a major triumph.

Happy '06, running mamas!
#74 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally Z
Moonshine: 44 is 6 C that is freezing in my books. Wow I take my hat off to all you mamas running in such cold weather. So i guess I have no excuses when our winter day time temp is about 59.
Well, no, I don't consider it warm, exactly, but it is all relative. At least it wasn't in the 30s and raining, like it is now. yuck.
#75 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 09:40 PM

just got back from my run and just to get the kids outside when there was a small break in the rain, i asked my ds if he wanted to ride his bike up and down the street with me as a ran next to him. he said 'sure!' but after one pass he said 'mama, i would rather run like you'
so i ran 2 miles with my 5yo ds running along with me! i know he LOVES to run around and is actually very fast [so we learned at soccer class] but still...i saw the future with my son as a running partner! i am so happy! even if it doesn't end up that way, it was so much fun today.

by the way crebrun - who ARE those mean people? sorry to say this but that board sounds awful and unsupportive. typos don't bother us around here at all! again, welcome - so happy to have you here!

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#76 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 09:44 PM

All is relatively well with Emma Kate; the end result of her trip to the orthopaedic doctor was a sling. Apparently she has some swelling in the forearm and is still in some pain. The sling is supposed to reposition her arm to help with the swelling... except it's not fitting her very well and every time we look at her it's out of whack again. Anyway, here's a picture: Emma Kate

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#77 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 09:51 PM

oh poor emma kate in her wee sling!
so nothing broken, though, right? that's a relief! we had swelling when dd had nursemaid's but it definitely went away the next day - i hope your dd's all healed real soon!

#78 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 10:06 PM

Is it awful to say she looks adorable with the sling? I'm glad she's doing OK.

Poppywise-My dd (just turned 6 in Dec.) went running with me on Saturday. We only did a little over 1.5 miles but it was so fun. I ran really slowly and she actually walked fast some. We had a great talk along the way though .

Mamabeth-I'm glad Jonathan is better; I bet that was scary. Good to have you back!

saskiasmom-

grmtnmama-Everytime you post you've got something else going on! Honestly, do you sleep?

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#79 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 10:18 PM

K~E's mom, what a cute picture. The sling looks great! I'm glad she's going to be fine.

Poppywise, how old are your two kiddos? Your 5yo reminds me of my 5yo boy. He likes to run with me, too. Not much of a run (yet) but a great time!

Saskiasmom, I have so hit that wall before. I know it doesn't help much, but I think it just means you're normal like the rest of us. Gosh, it's tough tough tough sometimes, isn't it? (This will sound weird, but in a way, I'm really proud of you. I was proud of me when I had a moment like that, sort of let dh know about that I really had a boundary. Dh just didn't get it before and I think it helped a lot. Besides, he needs his chance to have his moments, too! Shhh. Please don't kick me off the AP boards; it's just really hard sometimes.)

Mamabeth, glad you're back. I know it was crazy, but hopefully wonderful, too.

grnmtnmama, i want to see pics.

Shantimama, I made your truffles today. (Finally, though I had to send dh to the store when I discovered the entire bag of choc. chips were gone! ) My 5yo exclaimed very loudly with very big astonished eyes when he realized I was "making chocolate!" "WOW YOU'RE THE BEST MOM IN THE WHOLE WORLD." Then he added: "AND EVEN IN THE NEXT TOWN AND CITIES, TOO!" Now what does that say about how well my homeschooling's going?

Aprildawn, I use a training log called RunTrac through a local store to track my mileage. Maybe Runner's World has something similar??? I'm new to this. Logged my first run today, thanks to your post reminding me about it!

ND, I'm missing your long funky posts. When is it DJ night again? Put on some funk, pour the appletinis and tell us about it!

cRebRun, Patti, Geo, Kerc, Moonshine, 1jooj, Hollysmom, Jen Love, Dr Jen, athansor, Kpinny?????, kinsey, HBM, BBM, 2BBs, and everyone else

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#80 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 10:19 PM

Hi all,
My mileage for last week was 5, and I do want to sign up for the next one.
I'm real sick right now though with the stomach flu

Vegan, mom to : Joe and Josh ::
#81 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 10:26 PM

alright . . . took notes, ready for personals . . . of course, with this group, someone will have had a baby, gotten pregnant, run a marathon, won a pulitzer prize, or started a business by the time i've finished my post.

mamab - glad ds is feeling/looking better day - it's scary when they are sick so young. great job with the 3.5!

loft - happy runnaversary! isn't it great to look back and see your progress over a year?

crebrun everytime i see your screen name, i think cerebrum or cerebellum

eks - ek does look mighty adorable with her sling. hope she mends quickly! btw - i'm one of the half-ers - as is kanga.

patti - hope your treadmill run was good if you got to it - i bailed on today, the weather was gross and i needed a day off. like bbm, i ran a nice, slow 3 miles yesterday to recover from the race but am a wee bit sore today. and no, i didn't partake of any champagne during the race - the smell was a little much to handle!

oh - and i forgot to share the worst part of the race - last half mile or so - the density of onlookers is increasing, people are cheering, everyone is happy - start running faster, round the last turn, see the finish line, start sprinting - and get smacked in the face with the grossest cloud of sulphur from the fireworks. there is nothing like running your rear off for four miles and having to run the last few meters through the foul smell of rotten eggs. sooooooo gross!

sallyz - i'm with you - i don't think i could survive on a no sugar diet!

bbm/patti - i'm in for the next competition - not sure what my miles will be like toward the end of the month - i'm presenting my portfolio and taking my comprehensive exams, so i may be panicking and studying with every spare moment. otherwise, i'm in for about 25 miles a week.

nd glad you're feeling better - hope the new year proves to be a fabulous one for you!

moonshine on the 43 minutes! what do you do that you are looing to build your private practice?

geo - i the elevation feature on the gmap site - i never would have noticed that - thanks for pointing it out. my neighborhood is so hilly! and btw - labor most certainly counts toward your exercise minutes.

jenlove

kanga - we should definitely meet up sometime!

po6 - the half is soming up quickly! are you getting giddy yet? you will fly mama!
#82 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 10:35 PM

Patti's Power Mamas-December 26-31st
Hollysmom-
Patti-19.6
Mamabeth-3.5
Kerc-10
Lucenamama-10.8
Kate~emmasmom-24.65
Athansor-5
Runningmommy-28.47
1jooj-7.8
loftmama-15.63
moonshine-6.5
dawnadelle-
saskiasmom-7.7
Kinsey43-
homebirthmommy-21.46

Totals so far 161.11 Still missing Hollysmom, dawnadelle, and kinsey 43 PM your totals.

Here are the breakdowns for December so far
Dec 1-4 Dec 5-11 Dec 12-18 Dec 19-25 Dec 26-31

Hollysmom- 3 4 4 0
Patti- 18.6 15.3 6.3 16.6 19.6
Mamabeth- 10 13.6 10.2 8.8 3.5
Kerc- 7 12 5 0 10
Lucenamama- 7.5 20.85 19.1 8.5 10.8
Kate~e'smom 9 19.1 20.9 22.5 24.65
athansor- 7 8 7 12 5
runningmommy 15.66 33.06 21.75 33.38 28.47
1jooj- 12 19.6 24.2 25.2 7.8
loftmama- 6.5 0 11.25 13 15.63
moonshine- 7.8 18.5 16.6 12.7 6.5
dawnadelle- 10 6.1 3 0
saskiasmom- 6 15.5 23 0 7.7
kinsey43- 6 15
Homebirthmommy 5.5 15.91 18.55 18.53 21.46

131.56 216.52 190.85 171.21 161.11

Totals for December so far- We still have a few holes-871.25Great job everyone

Aprildawn-I know dawnadelle uses cool running for her log.

crebrun-I think I will PM you soon to chat a bit. Thanks for the offer.

eksmom-thanks for the update on ek.

poppywise-sounds like the run with ds was fun. Isn't it nice to run as a family.

mamabeth-glad your back and Jonathan is feeling better.

saskiasmom- A 9 mile run is great though.

athansor-sorry you have the stomach bug. Feel better soon.

loftmama-thanks for considering me a running stud

Off to spend some family time. No run for me today.

Peace and love,

Patti
#83 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 11:12 PM

hiya - still here...

eksmom - so cute in the pic (at least she looks happy about her sling!) - I'm a 1/2 marathon gal too (Sept)

cRebrun - thanks for sharing your story, it was very moving.

nd - glad things are looking up for you - I've missed your thoughtful posts.

sallyz and k~esmom - me too! sugar sugar sugar!!! (although I am planning a reduction in force as soon as bebe arrives)

jenlove - welcome back - we missed you!

just got a call from an Irish cousin - drunk at 1:30 am there - says he's coming in 2 weeks, didn't know I was expecting. going to stay for 2-3 weeks - thank God there are several of us to share the love! dh is down from dd bedtime - time for more LOST!

kathy
#84 of 814 Old 01-02-2006, 11:13 PM

Hi laides!

Okay, been thinking about my goals, and I just can't seem to widdle them down. I'll try a rough draft

goals for this week,
get back into our routine
run about 25 miles
finish plans for ds 4th birthday party

goals for this year,
~work on marriage
~yell less (I dont' think I do it much, but dont' want to do it at all)
~I'm sorry I can't remember who started with the yearly mileage, but I like that idea and going to shoot for 1200 this year. I'm done being pg. and nursing my last one, so I think I can keep my mileage pretty regular around where I am at.
~run my second half marathon and beat my first time
~eat healthier (cook from scratch more, use better ingredients, turn to fruit and veggies instead of chocolate)
~more races??

Okay, sorry that is so choppy, going to work on that list!!

Where's kpinny?????? going to have to look aroudn to see if you have posted some where else today!! Hope you are doing great!

Hello to the newbie, crebrun! I too used to be on runner's world forums, but didnt' feel the love there that is so abundant here. You will love it!

Ke's mom, so sorry about your little one, she is a cute though! I hope she mends quick, it's so difficult to see our little ones' hurting or sick.

athansor, so sorry to hear that you have the stomach bug! ick! feel better soon!

Patti, thanks so much for keeping such detailed records of our runs!!

Poppywise and HBM, do your kids have running shoes? My ds who is 5 wants to run with me and I would also LOVE it to have him with me, but worry about the shoes. Should I buy him running shoes even if he finds out he doesn't like it? I dont' want him to hurt his little body.

ND, glad to hear that you are feeling better!!

Hello to everyone! sorry I dont' have more time for personals lately.

to all those running the halfs, what training programs are you using?

And who just posted times for a 4 miler that were in the low 7's high 6's????? I need speed advice!!

Love to you ladies! got to get to bed now, so I can get up early enough to get on the TM tomorrow before taking ds to K. Been off schedule so long, my body doesnt' know what's up. today ds 2 came in close to 8 oclock to say good morning, I almost choked. I have to get myself and the three kids fed, dressed, medicines, teeth, and out the door by 8:30!! Don't want to do that tomorrow!

Good night, and who is with me in the AM??
#85 of 814 Old 01-03-2006, 12:22 AM

I'm supposed to be working, but I had to sneak a post in. I'm giving a continuing education lecture to our medical staff tomorrow about breastfeeding and the talk is only about 1/2 written. Of course I could spout off the top of my head for like 10 straight hours probably about the topic, but I'm trying to look professional, here! Although, I couldn't resist buying a granola threads T-shirt just to give this talk in "I Make Milk, What's Your Superpower?" I was afraid no one would come to my talk if I used the word breastfeeding, so I borrowed the title of a popular breastfeeding book and the talk is called "So That's What They're For!" I'm hoping before they realize I'm gonna talk about boobs, they're already in their seats and hooked. These are mostly internists, surgeons, anesthesiologists, and just a few peds, FPs, or gynes who actually regularly deal with the subject, so I'm looking to do just some broad educating and help folks realize where they can find help if needed.

I wasn't going to run today, but the weather was unseasonably warm, and I was off work, so decided to go for an outdoor run for the first time in over a month. Dd was so excited by the idea. It was in the high 40s, but damp when we ran. In the spirit of looking for the positive in things, let's just say the icy breeze on the return trip was refreshing, the huge puddle I accidently splashed through cooled my feet off nicely, and dd dropped a glove in a puddle and didn't tell me just long enough that the running back and forth to get the glove upped my run to a full 5K. Honestly, though, it was nice to breathe some fresh air for once. And I'm faster outside. I run most of my regular treadmill runs at about 9:31 pace, and outside, pushing the jogger, I averaged 9:10 pace for 3.1 miles at about the same level of effort. Strange, huh?

Oh, and if I was one of the "running studs" last Jan., it's possible that I was making up stuff, because my running log says I ran just 6 times in January. Of course, 3 of them were the first week. I didn't run at all in Feb. last year. Looking to do much better in 2006.

On running logs, I made my own log on Excel and like it for it's versatility. I log running miles, total miles (including my walked warm ups and cooldowns) what shoes I wear, what route I ran, whether or not I pushed the jogger, and comments about individual runs. I also keep a running total for the month, year, and in the current shoes I'm wearing. It took just a few minutes to set up, and I've added stuff over time as I've wanted it. The only thing I'd like about a real running related log might be the ability to graph progress over time, or that type of thing.

Now back to that talk!
#86 of 814 Old 01-03-2006, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjen
The only thing I'd like about a real running related log might be the ability to graph progress over time, or that type of thing.
ok it isn't the best tool for the job, but excel has a graphing feature. Geofizz uses it I think to plot her exercise time. Use the graph wizard to help you set it up. or feel free to ask more specific questions about what you want here or in a PM and I can help you out.

I'm taking yesterday and today off. I went to a friends house last night and was ravenously hungry. I'm adjusting to kicking the exercising up to a longer aerobic period. Whenever I do that I need to take two days to rest and eat in order to not loose substantial amounts of weight. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to loose the gut. But when i don't rest I loose like 15 lbs in an unhealthy way in a week.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#87 of 814 Old 01-03-2006, 01:54 AM

Hi! I'm subbin' here. I'm a wannabe with a serious running jones that goes WAY back. I ran occasionally in college, and about 5-6 years ago I walk/ran with a friend every morning before work. This was all pre-kids, of course, so the challenge is time, getting started, etc. Thanks for this thread.
#88 of 814 Old 01-03-2006, 01:56 AM

Kristin-I hope you don't mind me asking, and I'm not entirely through this thread yet, so forgive me if this has been covered. Just curious-when do you fit it in??? I just noticed the age of your kids and mine are 4 and 16 mos and I'm a SAHM. Any suggestions? Thanks.
#89 of 814 Old 01-03-2006, 02:47 AM

Bearsmama. I am one of the silent subbers on your post in the parenting forum. So like a celebrity, I know you (well, sort of) and you don't know me. Anyway, I am one of the newer members of the thread and newer runners as well, but this is a great crowd. For running and just interesting general conversation.
#90 of 814 Old 01-03-2006, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftmama
Poppywise, how old are your two kiddos? Your 5yo reminds me of my 5yo boy. He likes to run with me, too. Not much of a run (yet) but a great time!
my son is 5yo and my daughter is 2.5yo. my son just LOVES to run, or should i say 'run around'

runningmommy ~ my son has little kid running-type shoes, or as close as you can get, i suppose. they have tread and cushioning. he also has some super flat skate type shoes, but he he prefers the other kind.

we had a great time, but it was a combination of running and walking for sure - he did not run 2 miles straight with me - he would sprint ahead and then wait for me to catch up! we walked up the hills too.

also - not sure who mentioned the 'lose your mummy tummy' book? i have it on hold at the library - can't wait! i definitely have to add that to my 2006 goals...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page