Running Mamas - running into mid-winter - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-27-2006, 02:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi everyone!
normally a visit from my parents might be stressful, but ah...sweet relief! i can cook dinner without a million questions from each kid, asking for other things to eat, trying to figure out a game, etc etc

so...even though i have some yukky nose/throat feeling creeping up on me, i am GOING TO RUN tomorrow. yes, i will - even though it will be pouring rain and windy. bring it, mothernature!

crebrun - we don't have a motorcycle anymore, but i actually took a weekend motorcycle class when i was 3 months pregnant! the bad news, is that at the end of the second day we were all tested to get the validation for our drivers license [as opposed to going to DMV and getting tested separately] and....i....FAILED! it was very close, but the uptight, military-drill-sergeant instructor said i could not do slow turns well enough, so that was it! being pregnant and very hormonal/emotional i think i bawled for days. my dh, on the other hand, not only passed, but the instructor said he should consider getting certified to teach! yeah. it was a quiet ride home that day.

other passions: art / knitting / crafting

i'll be back after my run tomorrow to post more personals - thinking of you all.

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2006, 10:25 AM

Hi ladies! I am behind on posting, but I have been reading! Still trying to get up early to run before everyone gets up. Not getting up as early as last week due to this cold, but still doing okay.

mamaley & Tori!! These ladies are great! We are glad to have you no matter what your skill level at this point! We all have to start/restart some where. You'll be amazed at where these ladies are now compared to a year ago.

Sorry I can't do more personals, I am really behind this morning. Can't even get my run in before school so will try to squeeze one in at lunch when dh can watch the kids.

Been having some tough times on occasion with 5/12 yo ds. I am thinking that he really needs his space. The way our house is set up, the two older kids have been sharing a room and no one has their own place/space. So we are getting ready to put a wall, or some walls up to make another bedroom, maybe two more, then everyone will have a room. I know it works for some families to share rooms, but it is NOT working here. DS1 is so intense most of the time, ds2 very relaxed/layed back but knows how to push ds1's buttons and does so at times.

My grandmother is coming to stay with us for a week starting today. She is 86. The last time was great, so hoping for that again today.

Love to the running mamas and mamas to be!
Lisa
Old 01-27-2006, 10:27 AM

Okay, who is racing this weekend???? LOVE to cheer you on and think about you!

I'll be running a 5K next weekend, don't feel ready for it at all, but hey, I can run 12 miles easy. Just not ready for fast, so we'll see!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:27 AM

Hi Runners,
Just wanted to pop on to get some motivation. It has been so windy here this week, I haven't been able to do any outside runs with K-and dh has been wo rki ng late, so no trips to the Y for me this week. I still haven't gotten up the guts to drop K at the childwatch at the Y while I work out-but I am going to soon.

Baby Dingo way to go!!!

welcome mamaley and tori!

mamaley-i have been trying to get up early for my runs before my dd wakes up-let me know if you find motivation to do it-and what works for you Runningmommy is an early riser-we should get tips from her

lucenamama-

poppywise-glad you got some relief last night!

eksmom- I hope you figure out your GI stuff soon-I agree with 2BB-maybe do some research on exercise and nutrition?

2BB-way to go on the 2.9! doesn't it feel good to be back? ramp it up easy-give your body time to get back into it and you will be getting more awards in no time

mamabeth-hope the neck feels better

Hello runningmommy, kate~mom, kerc, shantimama, saskiasmom, hollysmom, geo, patti, athansor, jenlove, drjen, chamamama, bbm, P06, sallyz and everyone else I missed!

K is up-need to go get breakfast ready-will hopefully at least get a walk in today! It is getting harder to walk or run with her-she wants to get out and walk too-fun, but no cardio effort there for me!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:06 PM

Just wanted to report no leg pain this morning after yesterday's jaunt. Less stiffness than the day before too. Probably feels 97% back to normal. Only soft surfaces and low miles for the next week at best. Lots more cross training too...

Yay baby Dingo. You are on your way to PL!!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:15 PM

Poppy, that is a terrible (but funny...sorry) story about the motorcycle certification course!!!! I hope that your husband didn't say a WORD about it afterwards
Sounds like we have a lot of creative mamas here!!! Fun. I'm loving hear about the hobbies/passions!
I ran five and walked a half on the treadmill on Wednesday night, then ran five and walked a quarter last night outside with my old running partner (it was BJ Thursday). Both times the first two miles or so were REALLY hard, but things got more comfortable for the last half. Last night my first mile and a half were really hard for me--major fatigue and heavy legs, lungs burning (I have bad asthma and a bad cold/cough) and my stride just didn't feel good. Everything loosened up just in time for a big long bridge and things were good after that. A few big hills and a fairly good finish time (for me). Today is an off day, then tomorrow morning is my ten miler plus a one mile walk with coffee with 1jooj. Next week I'm going to scale way back and have a light running week. I need to let my legs rest a bit and try and get over the cough and cold (it's been three weeks)...plus it's my birthday anyway.
Regarding BJ Thursday, I won all around last night. My neck is still sore from last week Thursday. I really must have pinched something in there. Anyway, I got back from my run and got the kids asleep...and he said he didn't want it!!! I pushed for it and really encouraged it, but he said that he didn't want it because he was too tired and sore! So, I will all around...I offered it and really encouraged it so I look great to him...AND I didn't have to do it!
Happy Friday ladies
Old 01-27-2006, 12:22 PM

ND, I think our wee ones are on a similar schedule! Hey--when they do it, let's meet for a celebration run! Any good spring 10Ks near Madison? I can drag cRebrun along!
2BB, I hope you're on your way back.
eks, this might sound dumb--but what about a hot caffeinated beverage before a run? Always gets me taken care of. Just a thought.

to everyone!

My sisters are holding me up this week. They both live nearby and have saved my life. I worked 8 hours yesterday--at home, with the kids. Took a 15-hour day to do it, but it happened. A few more today and I'll be in much better shape, deadline-wise. Awoke with terrible menstrual cramps this AM, so AF will show either today or tomorrow. I love a run on day 1 of AF, so I'm cool. The cramps were just awful this AM. Gone now. Going to try for 2 or 3 today, nothing to tire out the muscles, just a stress relief run. Sister's watching the two kiddos while we run for coffee tomorrow. My sisters...

I don't need to tell cRebrun this, but I write. I am stuck mid-novel right now. I went back to work, overloaded my schedule and brain, and lost my 'jo. Starting to feel it again with dh on the road, so it might become my pastime during his work trips. I was always a better literary critic than creative writer in school, but I think in part I was digesting the layers and symbols--and of course I was acquiring "material." My other passion is cooking. And I grew up farming and dh and I are currently examining a dream of going "back to the farm." I want to raise natural livestock and poultry, do a full-acre garden and learn to do all the associated, old-fashioned things--canning, cheesemaking, drying, sausage-making...
Old 01-27-2006, 12:48 PM

wow. i finally caught up from the previous thread.

this has been a weird week for us. i found out dd2 has an ear infection last friday at her 9 mo well check. but, because she seemed to be on the upswing i opted out of the abx. over the weekend she got another cold! i'm so, SO, tired of having a baby with snot coming out of her nose and waking every 45-60 min at night from coughing and/or congestion. a couple weeks ago i was ready to get on the first bus/train/plane out of town!! i called our FP back and got the abx which i hate, but i wasn't sure if the ear infection would get better or worse since she got another cold. this is our first ear infection. dd1 has yet to have one. (or maybe she did and it rendered her partially deaf which is why she never listens to me! )

so, i've been worn out and not getting out there like i want to and am behind on my milage for the week. and i'd just started doing intervals to increase my speed but being worn out with caring for a sick baby has put a stop to that too. i feel good if i can muster up the energy for a brisk walk. i'm sure things will get back to normal in another week or two, though.

welcome mamaly and tori!!!

i'm so sorry for those of you with the stomach nastiness. that is, by far, the worst. and it takes so long to get everything back to normal.

i'm also sorry for those of you with the brand new babes who aren't sleeping well and/or have the spit ups. dd2 still doesn't sleep well at almost 10 mos, but it's not as bad as it used to be...except when she's sick.

loftmama -- how are things going up there?

it's supposed to start raining today and tomorrow so likely no running for me. but i won't complain because of the horrible drought we've been having, we need the rain!

like mamabeth, i'm also passionate about church ministry. and i'm also esp excited about women in ministry!!! however, right now i'm taking some time off. dh and i were in a new church start-up for the past six years. the situation changed somewhat, and we're feeling burned out and burned in general by that particular church. also, when i'm not too tired, i like to crochet, cook (my specialty is soups!), and i've learned to love hiking and backpacking from my dh.

sorry i don't keep up on personals like the rest of you. it's really hard with the baby around to take notes and respond to everyone every time! she only entertains herself for a few minutes at a time, and her longest nap is only 45 min and that's rare!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:05 PM

oh ND, congrats to you and baby dingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! truly great, literally life-changing news.

eksmom--that is terrible. I agree...go online and find something out about it or go to a good doc or naturopath. You shouldn't be having that happen after only 3 miles...good luck and let us know.

Not sure if I will run today due to the neck thing. I did get a massage today (thank you, good insurance!) and it was soooooo good. Had a good chat with the masseuse too about birth, etc, as she's also a doula. I'm not conflicted about my birth choices, really, but I still am thinking it all over, and it's helpful to talk to people who get it.

Three year old update: we're actually doing better. Dh and I have sort of decided that we're not going to yell back, and we're going to act like we're really bored when she throws a tantrum. It's working...she is much more helpful to get our attention when she doesn't get it with her freaking out. But it is so minute-by-minute. How are y'all doing?
Old 01-27-2006, 05:07 PM

not at all running related but a little celebration is in order ---> DD2 is currently drinking her second full bottle ever at home with dad. We've had multiple tries at drinking and for whatever reason yesterday she took off like a champ: 5 ounces in one afternoon. I guess now I have to be more regular about pumping.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
Old 01-27-2006, 05:16 PM

Good afternoon mamas!

You guys wanted to hear about talents and hobbies...I garden like a fool!

Dh used the tiller on the garden yesterday, and I just got done getting my rows all set up. I am excited about getting some seeds in the ground. I'm heading out to the garden center tonight for some seed. I'm going to get some carrots, spinach, and lettuce started. I am also a home canner, and I spend a lot of time canning the things that grow in the garden. We still have tomatoes, green beans, pickles, jellies, peas, pears, peaches, salsa, and blueberries left from last year's garden. I take a lot of pride in feeding our semi-large family healthy organic produce...for very little money.

Every year's garden seems to do better than the last. I am looking forward to a great garden this year.

Aside from that I am also a "leader" for an international breastfeeding support organization.

I'm still taking it easy. I am looking forward to getting this ultra done so I can get back to my usual training.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:39 PM

I am about to go do my Kundalini yoga tape, but I wanted to take a break from my to-do list and update.

Some things that I really enjoy doing are yoga and meditation. They have really grounded me in the past few years. I still get frazzled and stressed, but they are my escape from it all.

I also really enjoy cooking. I dreaded it when I first got married, but I have really started to enjoy searching out new recipes and finding things that we enjoy. It gives me a lot of pride to make a meal and have my husband thank me over and over again.

I also like to garden. We have a very small garden in the back yard during the summer. I hope someday we will have a house out in the boonies and I can have a large one. My mother always did, and I loved going out there with her. I loved eating things right off the vine, or whatever.

I like being outdoors, especially back home in Michigan. I can't wait to move back and start hiking, backpacking, and camping regularly. I can't pass up sleeping outdoors in the beautiful North. James and I love visiting placing in the Upper Peninsula - like Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, waterfalls, and Copper Harbor. Did I mention we went around the Upper Peninsula for our honeymoon?

Okay, enough about me...

and to everyone!

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

Old 01-27-2006, 06:11 PM

I didn't say it was too cold for ME. It was too cold to be outside... because I ALWAYS have my DD with me. I have run/walked in much colder than it is now and was yesterday and today by myself, but no matter how I bundle my DD up, I would be too worried keeping her out in cold WINDY weather. So, you can surmise that I am a stroller pusher for my run/walking. DD is too heavy for me to wear anymore because of my hip issues.

Another Mall walk this morn (3 miles), but tomorrow should be "warm" enough (for my DD) to run/walk in the park! YEAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerc
I was giggling to myself this afternoon at reading that thinking what's too cold for you is likely warm for me. Today for instance, 40 degrees out and I'm out of the house without a jacket. Good thing we all have places like the mall to fall back upon though. We have a huge university so I can walk (~2 miles) around inside and not pass the same place twice.

IntactaLactavist, HomeBirthin' Baby Wearin' Co-sleepin' Homeschoolin', City girl gone Country Livin' SAH(HSing)M

Old 01-27-2006, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori Gollihugh
but no matter how I bundle my DD up, I would be too worried keeping her out in cold WINDY weather.
I hear you on that! I live in northeastern Minnesota. It does take a lot to bundle the babes up. Each of my kids has nicer gear than I do and when we put dd1 into the sled/jogger she always sits under a down blanket. I worry about them and check on them often. BUT...I get cabin fever if I'm not out wandering the world so we go out unless it's below zero. I don't run/xc ski generally if it's below 10 though.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
Old 01-27-2006, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

hey ladies!

Kerc - congrats on the bottle. i know that will make things a bit easier, and it's so nice for dh's to be able to feed them too.

ND - yay for peeing and pooping on the potty!

i'm making a really healthy dinner for dh and i. it was a good day. ds and I made the music class thing and then picked up my paycheck (woohoo! first one at the new job). i saw my friend and her brand new babe in the hospital and then went climbing - where i climbed really well. i'm starting to understand how you have to put your movements together to get up the wall when there aren't an appropriate number of hand and feet holds.

my passions are soap and lotion making (i have a little business), rock climbing, mountain biking. i really like knitting and being crafy in general.

wishing you all a happy weekend. i'm not sure exactly how much exercise i'll get done, but i'll find some way.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:29 AM

My passions / interests beside running, are my children, church (teaching Sunday school to young children and growing myself), crochet, trying new crafts, nutrition, reading. I think that's it for now. Grandmother is here, kids are in bed, I'm pooped. Hoping for a nice long run outside tomorrow, taking the boys to the Monster truck show tomorrow night.

anyone racing this weekend???

night ladies,
Lisa
Old 01-28-2006, 01:36 AM

Hi again everyone! I'm starting the c25k and have decided that, for now, my 3 days are friday, sunday and either tues/wed. I went for my first walk/run tonight and it went well. I think i might do two weeks of the first week, but maybe i won't. I felt good when i was finished, but i had to cut the run short because dh needed me home so that he could leave to pick up dinner, so i lost about 5 minutes.

I'm so glad to have this thread, because i do way better if i have a buddy (or several!) doing something similar and holding you accountable.

I really like it so far though--doesn't take a ton of time, you don't spend a lot of money, and it feels really good.

Btw, this is the most welcoming thread i have ever posted on at mdc! I'm amazed! Everyone's so friendly, must be a lot of runner's high going on
Old 01-28-2006, 02:54 AM

Hi there Mamas,

Had a disappointing, sad day today and sat on the couch knitting while I ate a whole symphony bar. Didn't run. Will go to yoga tomorrow in the AM and then run in the afternoon. Better make it a good one to work off all that chocolate.

Talk to you tomorrow.

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

Old 01-28-2006, 10:15 AM

ND I was actually in the checkout this week in a huge grocery store and dragged my two kids all the way back to the candy aisle so I could blow $2 on some Lindt 85%. I just had to do it. Sometimes there is not a substitute for chocolate...I hope your sadness dissipates fast.

mamaley, this is an incredibly welcoming and supportive thread. We all look forward to hearing about your progress as you work through c25k.

I'm getting caffeinated and breakfasted now, and in 20 minutes or so I'll drag my poor babies out of bed so cRebrun and I can get our 10 miles on. Long day ahead. Great runs and good luck to anyone racing this weekend!
Old 01-28-2006, 10:19 AM

ND
Old 01-28-2006, 10:36 AM

Hang in there ND. I hope that today is a much brighter day.
Mamaley--good work! Enjoy the C25K! These ladies are great...they've taken me in like an old friend (i'm pretty new, too)

I am not a chocolate person...but yesterday (and this morning) I needed it, too! Once a month, before AF I want/need it I had one caramel twix as a pre-run treat
I, too, am trying to get ready for my ten mile java-jaunt wtih 1jooj. (well, ten running and one walking with coffees) I'm trying to cough all of the crud and gunk out of my lungs before she gets here...but I don't think that will happen. Today will be my last run until Wednesday. I need some rest to get my legs back to 100% and my lungs clear.
Happy Saturday, ladies!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 01:58 PM

hi all! did a nice 3.25 with my sister yesterday - with ds in the jogger. it's been a mellow running week - but better than last week. i start the "official" half training on 2/5 so i'm just running for the heck of it this week and next. we're planning on going again today if she ever gets out of bed yes, it is almost 11am.

nd hope today is better for you - but if it isn't, i hope that some more chocolate and knitting cheer you up. we love you.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:03 PM

Have been reading along, not posting much. I did run 2x this week, shorter and lighter than I have been due to getting the knee back in shape. Am hoping to go today in the spring-like weather we are due to have, but have to work it out schedule-wise. I would have liked to go to yoga class, but in the interest of saving time and money, will try to do the run instead.

Injuries, etc really suck, not only for dealing with the pain of the injury, but how much it can throw off your game and flow of what you were doing. I was really getting into a groove before this knee thing, and now I am feeling very blase about getting back. Oh well, I guess this is all par for the course.

Other activites: in the past I have done lots of things, knitting, nutrition research (for myself), traveling, taking classes, making soap, gardening, but at the moment, I (and DH) are completely fixated on making some money and building careers. And being fixated is completely warrented. DH is freelance and has MAYBE worked 10 days in the past 2 months. We so cannot live off this. We are both changing some very old and comfortable thinking patterns/expectations, so while this is good, it is also uprooting and at times destablilizing. I have to think that somehow we will manage this, but our battle is very uphill. Sigh. On a positive note, I did do 2 massages this week and have another one this afternoon. I am not technically getting paid, but they are for services. Gotta start somewhere.

ND, hope today is going better for you. I really get those dark days. Fortunately for me, they pass relatively quickly, but the still suck.

Hi to everyone else!
Old 01-28-2006, 02:23 PM

ijooj and crebrun-Have a great run this morning. I hope it was as exciting as last weeks run. 1jooj-I'm glad your sisters are helping out. I hope the cramps don't get worse. crebrun-thanks for the visual of you 8 months on your motorcycle Hope the neck feels better.

ND- I'm so sorry yesterday was such a crappy day. I hope the chocoalte hit the spot. Enjoy your yoga this am and your run today. May it be very healing. Thinking about you alot.

BBM- I hope the lungs are doing better.

runningmommy-Enjoy the week with your grandmother. Have a great run outside today and enjoy those monster trucks tonight. I know my ds would love that.

Kerc-Yay for Leah taking that bottle. Hope you are finding some time for your skiing and wonderful family time.

Welcome Tori and mamaley. This place is so warm and welcoming.

mamaley-Great job on taking the first step. We'll be here to encourage you.

Tori-I hope you are able to take that run to the park today.

grnmtnmama-Sounds like yesterday was a wonderful day all around. Music class, great dinner, great climbing and that first paycheck How is the bike store coming. Any time frame for opening day. Good luck.

Jenlove-hope yoga this morning was invigorating.

lucenamama- I think the meds might be good for you. You have been trying everything else. This might be just what you need to get you over that hump.

po6-A garden already. That seems so far off here. I'm so spoiled, my Fil plants my garden for me with the kids. Hope you are enjoying your rest. Good luck next weekend.

mamabeth-the massage sounds great. I'm glad she was supportive about your birth experience. Hope the neck is better. Glad things with dd are getting better. I too often react to quickly and I think that is part of it for them. I have to learn to ignore some things.

Aprildawn-I hope little dd is feeling better soon. Hope you can get back to your running. Don't worry about the personals. We all have limited time. I've been trying to limit my computer time to spend more time with the kids. Just popping in and letting us know how you are is great.

2babybees-Great job on the run. Slow and steady. I'm sure it felt great to get back to it. Glad the injury didn't cause you problems.

eksmom-I think a search is in order too. I can really feel your pain. I remember this summer how bad is was having to stop every run and I was only going 3 miles total. I hope you find some ideas.

shantimama-How are you doing? I hope the lungs are cooperating so you can get some running in. enjoy your weekend away.

doctorjen-I hope you found some time to get some running in. How neat for ds to have chosen your alma mater to attend.

saskiasmom-Hope all is well with you. We miss you. Stop by and say hello.

Hollysmom-Nice to see you stopping by. Hope all is well.

kpinny-Glad everything is going well with Andrew. Give him hugs for me. We'd love to hear the birth story when you get a chance.

Geo-Hope Elliot is past his fussiness and you can get some runs in soon.

Kate-We finally went skiing yesterday. Perfect weather. Hope you can get there soon.

poppy-Hope you get out there soon. How is dh's leg? All healed.

pumkinseed-hope you got a walk in yesterday. I need motivation too.

sallyz-Great pictures. I hope the hip is healing.

loftmama-I hope the week was gentle on you, dh and your family. It is the worst thing in the world to have to go through. Much love and peace to you.

athansor, HBM, kanga, moonshine and everyone else I missed

I've missed you all. No running for me since Tuesday. Hoping to get on the treadmill today for 3 miles which will leave me 3 miles short of goal. Oh well. We did finally get to go skiing yesterday so that was a workout in itself. My thighs were burning when I had Fiona one time down the mountain. It is hard to snow plow down the entire mountain,while holding her on the leash, and not crash into her. I was pooped by the end of that trip down the mountain. It was perfect weather. No wind like the day before and it was 40 and sunny. I had dressed to warm in fact.

We have some wonderfully talented ladies here. My other hobies are scrapbooking and teaching my children. Our new curriculum arrived this week. I've never seen kids more excited to get new math books and other books. They just jumped right in and have been reading away.

have a great weekend everyone.

Peace and love,

Patti
Old 01-28-2006, 05:10 PM

Patti ~ Your ski trip sounds fun and tiring. I hope you have a good run on the TM today.

Crebrun and 1jooj ~ I was thinking of you this morning. I hope your run went well and your coffee tasted really good at the end.

After breakfast and laundry, I went out for a run. The temp was good, but it was really windy (10-20mph). I ran about 1.25 miles and walked about the same. My body felt good during the run, but my ears and head hurt because of the cold wind. Next time I'll wear a hat.

Old 01-28-2006, 05:47 PM

Well, 1jooj and I did our ten miler this morning followed by a mile walk carrying our lattes. It was a tough one for me, as my legs were really fatigued and the rest of me just plain exhausted. Plus my lungs were burning from asthma and this terrible cough my girls and I all have. We were doing fairly well when we had to stop at Starbucks (mile 2) so 1jooj could defile their bathroom (it is the java run, after all, so what better place to do it?). We started back out and must not have been looking so well, as a shiny silver hearse came by, slowing dramatically, the driver craning his neck to watch us stumble by... We laughed, commented on apparently not looking so great and continued on our way. The next few miles were fairly uneventful.... then there was the pee stop for 1jooj (she's a fountain of bodily fluids on our runs...or maybe she just can tell that I need a little break)...and back to it. Suddenly, out of nowhere, ANOTHER shiny silver hearse comes by. Different funeral home, different driver...but again obviously smelling fresh meat when he saw us staggering down the street. We're starting to wonder at this point. About at mile 7 we notice that the same huge black crow has been following us for the last few miles. Stopping on fences and streetlights above us, calling to us....Calls of encouragement? I think not. Calling warnings of our demise and calling dibs on our dehydrated but PMS-bloated carcasses? Quite possibly. When we looked up after seeing small animals and rodents scattering, we saw a flock of turkey vultures, circling high above. This is when we considered that this run may not have been the best idea. (oh, and did I mention that there seemed to be a strange-o convention in town this morning, and we crossed paths with a dozen or so FREAKS, like the fuzzy lady, flood-is-coming-pants man, and just-out-of-the-mental-health-center stalker dude??)
As we finished the ten miles strong, running right up to the window of the drive through coffee place, the lady behind the window asked us if we'd just finished our eight mile run. We informed her that we had run ten and if she shorted us two miles again we would take her 250 lb butt out to the shed and.... Regardless, it was funny that they know us as the crazy coffee runners now. Especially since we alternate between 1jooj's neighborhood and mine, so we only see them every other week. We're famous at the local coffee shops
Happy day, ladies!!
(oh, and although embelished a *bit* as usual, the only part not born of truth is the vulture flock
Old 01-28-2006, 10:05 PM

What she didn't tell you was that the vulture flock part was what she substituted for something far darker and more dangerous--a pickup truck with a trailer bouncing back and forth all over the place, barreling right toward us going like 100mph in a 25 on a street with no sidewalks and hardly a shoulder. Reb, how could you forget the guy you so wholeheartedly flipped off?

And then we get to the bridge--the second bridge--and she has to tell me about the jumper this week. So, yes, it was a dance with death. But a fun one. And the coffee was deeee-licious.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:15 PM

laughup

You ladies are hysterical.

We had some good rain today. I walked/ran 3 miles today...still in a taper(and hating it).

We have some movies to watch....going to hang out with the kids.

ND~ I hope things look up soon. I hope the chocolate helped.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Bugs, rocks, whatever:

PM me your miles.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:54 PM

I finally broke down and bought new running shoes today. I had been running in New Balance trail runners, why? I have no idea. They were all wrong for me, and my feet were really starting to hurt because of it.

These are my new beauties ~ http://www.scottsdalerunningco.com/p...en_cat_16.html

I bought them and I also got a flyer in my bag for a run in March. I'm thinking about doing the 5K if I'm not in MI already for Spring Break.

User Tag List