I have no will power - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-08-2006, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Plenty of motivation. I had all the weight watchers stuff. A friend copied it for me, but dh accidentally threw it away. I would love to get it again, but I'm not paying to go to meeting and I haven't been able to find it online. But I just have no willpower. I don't even know what to do. I lost 30 lbs after Mady was born and I didn't do anything. Since then I havne't lost anymore. In fact I have recently started gaining. I have been super stressed and a bit depressed which is probably why I have no will power. But I just don't even know what to do anymore. I'm tired of being fat. I'm tired of being so tired and out of shape. I have great motivation, 3 awesome kids I need to be healthy for. But it's still so hard.

Anyone have some encouragement or some advice or something?

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#2 of 3 Old 02-08-2006, 09:20 PM

check out www.bodyforlife.com

go to your library, get out the book body for life for women (i find the 'diet' is more doable), or do a general search for health/fitness/nutrition.

there is sooo much information out there!
good luck, don't give up!

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#3 of 3 Old 02-09-2006, 12:32 PM

there's a ww thread on MDC if you haven't checked it out already! I have found it motivating even to read along and see everybody's progress. We also do recipes and other stuff. maybe stick your head in, everybody's really encouraging.

Personally the reason I am sticking to the program is because I found my reason for doing it and remind myself of it everytime I want to sabotage myself. It works better than anything else I've found (it's in "anchoring" in the ww books). My reason is that my dad died of heart disease when he was 51 and I want to be here longer than that if I can help it. It sounds like you're ready...maybe find your reason and try that out for a while.

people are usually selling ww stuff on ebay and I have some older books myself, or you can find lots of stuff at www.dwlz.com too. PM me if you want more info, I don't want to overwhelm you, but I just have found ww to be the thing that worked for me (I lost 45 lbs last year).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page