Quoted: 0 Post(s)
creb, also thinking of you.

kate -- have a great race tomorrow!
#694 of 719 Old 04-29-2006, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
hey ladies!
Well, we got up to a very windy, overcast, and cool day, which seems to be par for the course when it comes to WalkAmerica. Every year it's about the same weather for some reason. 1jooj picked me up and we went to get me some Gatorade, then were off to the park where it starts and finishes. We got our money turned in (I raised 815.00 this year, not quite as much as I had wanted, but still pretty good!--thanks again to those of you who donated!) I get a 50.00 gift card to Famous Footwear which is pretty cool.
Cooler than that was the super hot guy who was volunteering in the pavillion. He was opening the door for people as they left the registration area and OH. MY. GOD. I'm still trying to get the drool stains out of my running shirt and have been working with Chris all day to try and push my eyeballs back into their sockets... i may have to run to the Emergency Room later if we can't get it resolved. I think we're going to try some Vaseline and a tongue depressor next, and if that doesn't work we'll go for the melon baller again, this time using some WD-40 and one of Libby's toy hammers. Really, I think after that we're out of options and will have to go for professional help. I think hairspray is supposed to work on drool stains, but haven't tried yet. We tried to shout it out, but that just made the rest of the shirt really clean and the drool stood out even more.
I talked to him. Like a multiple sentence conversation. A true exchange. And he looked into my eyes. Seven times. And we talked about me joining 1jooj in the bathroom, and he helped me decide to stay outside and wait for her. CRAP!!!! Now I messed up my pajama top, too!!!! grrrrrr.
He wasn't exactly 1jooj's hot brother, Tommy, but he was definitely on Orlando Bloom level...on the hot meter, I mean. By the way, if Orlando had a little more meat on his bones he would be my PERFECT man. But I digress....
Oh, and did I mention that Bon Jovi is playing in Wisconsin in June or July? uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
....well, this top may as well go in the garbage now.
.....and the bottoms, too, if you know what I mean.......

Oh yeah, so we were about to start the run. We wandered up to the front of the pack so that we wouldn't get caught behind the pack of walkers and did some stretching during a particularly poor rendition of the national anthem. The gigantic pig mascot (from the Piggly Wiggly supermarkets) goosed me, I slapped him accross the snout, and we were off like a Jewish foreskin (as my not-so-politically-correct co-worker, Dan would say).
About 1.5 miles into the run I turned to 1jooj and asked her if she realized that this is undoubtedly the first and last time we'll ever be in FIRST place at this point in a race. There was a magical moment of silence when the wind stopped, the sun broke through the clouds, a tulip opened, a butterfly floated out in front of us, and the choir of angels sung a hymn.....and then I broke into a rousing rendition of "We are the Champions"
A while later we passed the first water station, and there were cookies. My favorite kind...sugar cookies with the hard icing. We each grabbed one, as we figured that they were as good as a goo packet, right? I waited a few miles to tell 1jooj that her lips were bright blue from the frosting. I couldn't manage to eat it and run and talk and breathe all at once, and donated mine to the crow's soup kitchen that is the street.
As we were out so far in first place being the only runners, we made it to the first major street just after the community service cops showed up. The beeeeotch wouldn't make eye contact with us as we stood there waiting for the light to change and the traffic to slow...and she STAYED IN HER VAN!!! A couple miles later, at the next large intersection, we watched the male cop get out of his van as soon as he saw us a block down, walk over to the control box and make the light turn green for us. We thanked him and mentioned that the last one never even got out of the van. We're pretty sure that she got canned moments later. That's right, ladies....do NOT mess with the Trottin' Bitches. We do not take anyone's crap.
At about mile six we split from the route, and head off on an extra three mile loop which would both take us by my girls at the cemetary and get our total mileage up to 12 in the end. I don't know why they cut out the 12 mile route this year, but I vowed to always do the 12 for Rainey and Grace, so I will alter the route each year, as needed.
By this time I had already been having pretty much constant seizure activity for a long while, but when 1jooj said that she thought the guy mowing his lawn a few houses up was walking two weiner dogs, I started to worry about her health, as well.
you know, we called this our light week...a week to rest and recoup a bit before our last really heavy week pre-marathon. Then we realized, as our legs felt awfully heavy, that we'd actually done a 17.25 miler on Sunday, a short fast run midweek, and then a 12 miler on Saturday... if you add in the walking i do during the week at work and after our runs, I'm still over 40 miles this week. Not really so light, I guess.
We were running along the cemetary when my mother called my cell phone. With some serious attitude in her voice she asked where we were and how much longer we'd be (I had sent her a map of our route and the anticipated time of our finish last night...but she was in a rush to see her 'friend', my father's old best friend (my dad died 1.5 years ago) Now, my mother has been acting REALLY strange and cold for quite a while now and has been causing a lot of grief and worry and hurt feelings to us lately. So, this was really bad timing for her to call for the first time in two weeks. We were about to turn in and visit my girls. Oh well.
We had a brief visit, I left them the stones i'd been carrying and there was some crying and hugging. 1jooj didn't get to meet them and that always makes me really sad. I had them in the middle of the night and although i called and told her that I'd had them, she couldn't leave the kids and travel over a couple of towns with sleeping children and everything. Other than Chris and I and the nurses, my mother was the only other one to hold them and see them in person.
We got back on our way, and my mother showed up trying to take a photo from her car. She missed us and said she'd catch us at the next corner...drives around a few blocks and again tries to take a photo from the car. Mind you, my mother is 58 and healthy and there is no reason she could not have gotten out of her car to make this much easier... whatever. We made it back to the spot where we'd left the course and happily realised we were still going to finish in front of at least some of the 9mile walkers. We would not be last!! Had a nice chat about Rainey and Grace with a volunteer couple at the next water station and moved on. Passed a few more groups of walkers and were about a mile from the finish. 1jooj was having some pretty serious knee pain and we both were having hip issues for whatever reason. It had been very windy and a fairly hilly course, plus it had only been six days since our 17 miler, so we figured it was not that we were just desperately out of shape. As we were running into the park we saw my husband pulling in with my girls (late as usual...he is every year, sometimes missing the finish entirely, despite knowing how important this is to me). He got Libby out of the car right as we were running by, so we called for her to run with us. She ALWAYS is talking about going running with Auntie Jo and Mommy and this thrilled her. She ran the last .25 mile with us, holding our hands, running like she'd never run before. Thankfully she had her 'fast' shoes on, she said. We kept telling her to run for her big sisters and finish strong...and she did it. She ran across the finish line with us, making it to the big rude perverted pig. Again, my mother saw us coming from at least a quarter mile away, but waited until we were passing her to act like she cared about getting a photo and made some comment about us stopping for a photo. We were not going to stop running before the finish line and stop Libby just for her to get a photo when she could have done it easily, so we kept going. She eventually made her way up to the finish line and over to us, after she was done talking to every stranger about her new puppy. She acted very odd and cold and all of us were uncomfortable and weirded out by her actions... It was very clear that the only reason she was there was because she felt obligated and to say that she was there... she stayed only briefly, talked mostly about her stupid dog, and never even really greeted her grandchildren. She commented several times about having to leave and go meet Merrill (my Dad's best friend) and left. I can't describe how crappy she's been to us for the last few months. Even on a day like this. 1jooj can vouch for me, it was crappy.
Anyway, we got another blue frosted cookie and headed home. Had a decent finishing time (though by no means a PR) and I was physically and emotionally exhausted. Went home for an ice bath and shower, had some lunch and then the whole family took a nap. Not at all usual for us. I got REALLY sick feeling after my shower and could barely stand. I was shaking and nauseated and my cold and allergies were really bad (I'd had troubles with my asthma on the run, then the wind and cold really got the cold/allergies going) and I felt really terrible. Eating helped some, but I woke up feeling really bad again after my nap. Not sure what that's all about. Maybe my body is just really shot from fatigue and constant seizure stuff and this cold. I don't know.
anyway, it was a successful and fulfilling (through difficult and sad at times as it is every year) run. I'm blessed to have a friend like 1jooj to run through tough times like this with...everyone should be so fortunate.
OH and her new hairdo looks AMAZING on her. Fits her perfectly!!! Gorgeous.
#695 of 719 Old 04-30-2006, 12:02 AM

wow creb and 1jooj - well done and sounds like an amazing event. i am glad you have this yearly outing in honor of your girls, creb. by the way, though, i worry about your health, sister. seriously - hate hearing you felt so bad after your shower and nap, hope you get some answers soon.

loftmama! sounds like a great trip, except for the pump part. i have been there, done that, unfortunately. i leaked for 3 days before returning home to my nursling! ah sweet relief!

grnmtnmama - hey was it you that said something a while back about metamucil? hope so can you remind me - it's good to take everyday no matter what the GI issue? sound right?

my son has his first 'sleepover' tonight at our house with a friend from preschool that he adores. last weekend he spent the night at this friend's house - which was his/our first ever and i did not sleep a wink! i missed him so much! -so tonight we are returning the favor.

i just took both boys to a bouldering gym and they had SO much fun! i have tried to take ds to an indoor rock gym before but he is too young. this place was great though since no harnesses are involved - the floors are super padded.

hi to everyone! try for more personals soon. back to the preschool sleepover action

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#696 of 719 Old 04-30-2006, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppywise
grnmtnmama - hey was it you that said something a while back about metamucil? hope so can you remind me - it's good to take everyday no matter what the GI issue? sound right?
It was me. It is good to take for regularity.. if you're messed up in either direction. (diarrhea or constipation) If you take it for a few days/week you can usually get your body working like it should, again.

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#697 of 719 Old 04-30-2006, 12:10 AM

Why???
http://www.bifrost.com.au/hosting/gn...rrowgnome.html

http://www.bifrost.com.au/hosting/gn...klergnome.html

Oh, and I did go in and get blood drawn for the Neurologist last night. I will have results on Mon, I imagine. I am sure I'm fine, but I imagine it's time for another brain scan and maybe a med change. Thanks for the concern, though, ladies. You are all so sweet to me.

I thought you'd enjoy this exerpt from an article I'm reading right now online...
Barbara Austin of Greensboro, N.C., had never thought about gnome-nappers until one of her three gnomes disappeared in August 2002. When she came home to find his spot empty, she saw a note inside a plastic bag. It read: "Gone travelin'. Back later."

The gnome would return, but not before Ms. Austin received several packets of photographs from "Gnome." Nearly 50 days later, she woke up and spotted balloons in her front yard. Outside stood the gnome with a photo album and a map detailing his trek. He had had traveled 11,016 miles, to 28 states, Canada, and Mexico with four men and one woman. The snapshots showed him at national landmarks and baseball parks, in cars and airports, with pets he befriended, and next to yard art he encountered.

Sometimes, though, the gnomish pranks can get out of hand. In 2002, three men, ages 18 to 21, were arrested in Lockport, N.Y., for possessing 14 stolen gnomes. Such arrests are becoming more common as some gnome-nappers try to fulfill grander ambitions such as those of the Front de Libération des Nains de Jardin (Garden Gnome Liberation Front). The French group has reportedly "liberated" more than 6,000 gnomes since 1997. Instead of sending photos, such gnomes typically turn up en masse: returning to forest life, congregating on church steps, and, once, hanging by their necks from a bridge.

I could see becoming a Gnomenapper............... i've got experience with unicorn-napping, which is a little more challenging, with the horn and four legs and all.... Then again, that nearly got me fired.....
Photos of Nigel the Gnome (a gnomenapping victim) hiking the Appalacian trail....
http://www.nigelthegnome.com/
#698 of 719 Old 04-30-2006, 12:12 AM

Hi mamas... I only have a minute, and I am behind even on reading here, but I wanted to pop in.

The counseling session on Friday was... . The counselor almost immediately suggested DH is depressed, and sure enough he met the criteria when she checked him out w/ the DSM-IV. I didn't say much at all. I was trying really hard to let him speak and she was mostly focusing on him. It was kind of scary, y'all... she asked him if he needed to be in the hospital and when he said no she asked me "Does he tell the truth?" (He does, at least as far as I know.) Whoa. He is to meet with her again by himself next week, and is also going to make an appointment with a psychiatrist for medication management. She thinks there is no way he can begin to work on stuff without getting the depression under control, and I think she's probably right.

My brain is still trying to process all of this, it hasn't even totally sunk in on me and I know I'm still formulating a lot of thoughts. Apparently he has been depressed since long before I knew him (and we've known each other almost 12 years). I'm struggling with a lot of stuff, for example do I even have a "right" to be angry with him about all the things I was angry about, given this level of depression? And did I fail him by not making him do something about this sooner? The thing is, I didn't know! He never tells me anything... I learned a lot of stuff about him in the session, stuff he would never tell me if it was just us talking.

Anyway, before I write a whole novel here, that's kinda where things are... I think we have a long road ahead of us, and I feel like my life has been turned upside down a bit... there are definitely some positives here too, but I'm still just kinda trying to figure it all out.

I ran 9 this morning (leg is still holding, I think I can officially consider myself healed now) and then we went and did a pretty strenuous 7 mile hike on the Appalachian Trail. I just didn't think I could handle hanging out in the house all day, potentially moping. It was good to get outside, and so beautiful. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow. Afterwards we paid a visit to Chick-fil-A and then Bruster's for ice cream . Next is a visit to the Advil bottle and then bed. I'm gonna be feeling it tomorrow for sure. If I go to the gym to lift I think I can probably skip my legs. I had EK on my back in the Sutemi for about 4.5 miles of the hike.

Thanks for all of your well-wishes and checking on me. I really, really appreciate it.

Kate, kick some booty tomorrow, speedy woman!!! Can we track you?

I'll try to catch up on reading and personals soon...

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#699 of 719 Old 04-30-2006, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonikitaUT
It was me. It is good to take for regularity.. if you're messed up in either direction. (diarrhea or constipation) If you take it for a few days/week you can usually get your body working like it should, again.
aha! thanks so much monikita!
that was just the info i was looking for!

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#700 of 719 Old 04-30-2006, 12:36 PM

katherine: you can totally still be angry right now. I'm hoping that your life gets moving in a better direction with your dh getting depression under control. It has seriously made life around here a lot easier to deal with. And my dh knew something wasn't right with me, but he didn't SAY anything until AFTER i went to a counselor and he suggested medication. At that point Erik said "I was really worried about you." My point in sharing is that normal becomes a bit skewed when you're living with it.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#701 of 719 Old 04-30-2006, 02:15 PM

Trying out Flickr for the first time... Pics from our hike

#702 of 719 Old 04-30-2006, 02:46 PM

WOW! beautiful hike pictures. Sutemi similar to the ergo then?

I posted about this in my blog but my week is absolutely nuts. job interview, etc. BUT...next week we're headed to Chapel Hill NC for Erik's phd graduation. To quote one of my favorite bands, "there's something about the southland in the springtime..."

(47, raining and wind off the lake here. blech).

#703 of 719 Old 04-30-2006, 02:51 PM

Yeah, the Sutemi is similar to the Ergo, except that in the back carry the straps cross on your chest, which is not kind to the boobage or any tummy fat that happens to be present. I've wanted to get an Ergo but we're making do with the Sutemi.

Thanks for reminding me of that quote... it sure is true around here right now...

#704 of 719 Old 04-30-2006, 05:17 PM

Hey ladies!

My legs are feeling great, inspite of how awful my left leg felt after yesterday's run. I forgot ibuprofen, and I think that just made the difference. Lame, I know--I only take the stuff before and after the LR, though. Hm. It was a good run, in spite of the heaviness of our hearts and the weirdness of cReb's mom. And she has been...odd. And her timing is also crap. I am really hoping, though that a simple med increase will clear up the seizure issues, because my friend is very tired. Frankly, I think she and her dh should explore the possibility of separate bedrooms once in a while, and arrange things so she can sleep through the night and he can get up every time with the baby for a while. Her brain is working overtime all day with the seizures, and maybe some good quality sleep could help things. I don't know...I know my own dh would have problems with that one--but if I had diagnosed epilepsy, maybe he'd at least try once in a while, especially if I was experiencing such seizures. *sigh* Anyway...

I think I am going to do a couple miles, probably walking, this PM, just to keep working these legs without wearing them out. I keep saying I am going to do the damn pilates video, but then I don't. I need to bring the ball back into the living room. I am right now very nervous about 26.2. Yes, I am.

We are of course missing dh. But I have been handling things so much better than last time. Of course, I had to quit the awful job to be in this place right now. It's good. I actually think it might be even easier on me (emotionally) if I had a job and the kids in care outside the home. As weird as that sounds. You know, it's the All Mom, All The Time show, and I think it gets old for all three of us. Not complaining...just thinking about how it would be different. I am really crossing my fingers about the interview. I kind of took a risk with my thank-you letters after the interview, so it could elicit either a strong positive response or a strong negative one. We'll see. And if unemployment is the alternative to this job, that's OK, too. If I don't get it, then it's down to City Hall to get the kids signed up for swimming lessons and park and rec programs.

There's so much going on in all your lives...we are a hard bunch to keep up with.

kerc, what is up with this weather? It seems to be coming from your direction...very windy and wet. Good treadmill weather.

katherine, I hope it's helpful that your dh will have someone helping him sort the crap and work on things...my dh was most definitely depressed when he was an awful dh a couple years back. I am still angry and feel betrayed in ways, and he knows it...at this point, I'm kind of mad at the Old dh...it's not so simple. But of course you have a right. And anger is kind of like the "flag down." Football analogy. When it's there, it means something happened.

I'm checking out E2L. Will it tell me to tone down the dairy? If it does, then what? Because I won't!

Shanti, is all I can say. I still cry over pets lost decades ago. I grieve them as deeply as any human friend or family. What a luck dog to have you.

moonshine, sprichst Du Deutsch? German is how dh and I ended up married! It's true! How else does a WI dairy farmer marry a Berber shepherd?

loftmama, I want to see your haircut. The best moment of the day for my new 'do is right when I get up--so today, I haven't combed it or anything!
#705 of 719 Old 04-30-2006, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

hey all - creb

just have a minute or two to pop in with the race report. it was a wonderful day - absolutely perfect weather for a race. it was a little chilly at 7:30am when i was waiting on the portapotty line and i was second guessing dh's urging to race in a tank top rather than something a tad warmer, but ex-cross-country star/self-nominated coach ended up being right. i told you all how they have the official pacers for this race, right? that was wonderful for me - i decided to run with the finishing in 1;40 group, and was planning on zipping ahead around 10 miles or so if i was feeling well (more on that later). we ended up running faster than the 7:38 pace required to finish in 1:40 for the first seven miles (7:29, 7:03, 7:01, 7:07, 7:23, 7:13, and 7:27), and even that felt very slow to me, so i was glad someone was slowing me down. the pacer was one of the runner's world editors who *just came back from maternity leave a week or two ago, has a nursing 3 month old, and found out three days ago that she had to pace this group! anyway, she was great and the conversation was wonderful. initially, she was planning on leaving at 6 miles and another editor was going to pace us for the rest, but they both ended up running the whole thing. when the other editor joined us, the course got a little harder (more hills, but nothing too bad, and running on a cinder trail rather than the road) so our pace slowed down a little (8:12, 7:22, 8:15, - my watch only keeps the first 10 laps so those are the only exact splits i have). mile 11 was nice - we left the park and started looping back up to the stadium. about 3 minutes into mile 12, my knee starts shooting pain right behind my kneecap, and i have to drop back a bit and do this lovely, coordinated, stride-hop for the rest of the way in. oh MAN it hurt. i think if it had happened any earlier, i would have bailed, but at that point i only had a mile and a half to go, so i sucked it up. i hit the stadium and had enough left to really kick it for the lap around, and finished in 1:39.11! slower than i was shooting for - i had wanted to run it in 1:38 (or 7:30 pace - my average was 7:34) - but not bad considering my knee. the knee pain was gone by the time i found dh, but it travelled down my leg and i have a calf/bottom of the foot thing going on now. it's gotten better throughout the day with some icing, so i think i'll be fine in no time.
#706 of 719 Old 05-01-2006, 12:09 AM

HOLY F#CKAMOLE, KATE~MOM!!!!!!!!!!
you could lap 1jooj and I in a half mile race!! Congratulations on the AMAZING time!!! Hope your knee continues to feel better. I'm awed. amazed. blown away.
man. I think I'll call you Rocket Shoes McGoo!!!
#707 of 719 Old 05-01-2006, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj
Hey ladies!

I am really hoping, though that a simple med increase will clear up the seizure issues, because my friend is very tired. Frankly, I think she and her dh should explore the possibility of separate bedrooms once in a while, and arrange things so she can sleep through the night and he can get up every time with the baby for a while. Her brain is working overtime all day with the seizures, and maybe some good quality sleep could help things. I don't know...I know my own dh would have problems with that one--but if I had diagnosed epilepsy, maybe he'd at least try once in a while, especially if I was experiencing such seizures. *sigh* Anyway...
Ha! So I mentioned to Chris tonight that 1jooj thought I might find some improvement with my seizures if I found some relief from my fatigue... and that maybe if he slept in another room and took care of the girls during the nights for a couple/few nights I'd be much better. He said, "hmm." and then said, "libby's crying, you'd better go check on her" (I had just put her to bed and she wanted a band aid....has to have one on her finger or hand every night...tonight she needed two.) When I came back in from taking care of her, I said, 'just wait until I tell my ladies about this one" and he just laughed.
later he suggested that we could do the sleeping in separate room thing, but I could take care of the girls instead.
#708 of 719 Old 05-01-2006, 12:22 AM

:

check out the legs on Katie! WOWZA that's muscle definition. (from a woman who has toothpicks for legs and gets excited when you can squint and see a muscle).

#709 of 719 Old 05-01-2006, 12:32 AM

Kate~mom, wow congrats! Even sort of gimping at the end you kicked butt!

Congrats too to Creb and 1jooj on Walkamerica. Bonus faux Orlando encounter!

Poppy, how'd the sleepover go? I can't wait for DD to be old enough to have friends over and stuff.

Shanti, What a loving family you have.

Eksmom, wow, your counseling session sounded intense...and hopeful. Thinking of you...

Loftmama, have fun! Eat great food! I totally know the impulsive haircut hangover.

Mamabeth, any cheesecake left?

Yesterday did my LR and it was way way better -- I my fan! This guy who's often on the elliptical next to me calls me "Fan Lady"

Next Sunday is a 5K, my first race in months and I'm kinda nervous already. But it helped today we were driving along the blustery rainy shores of Lake Michmich and I saw some folks finishing a race. Of course I started crying, so happy to see fellow runners out there JUST DOIN IT, ya know? It's the same feeling I get when I see mamas giving birth.

Ok, I'm pooped. Take care ladies.

PS does anyone else love "Big Love" as much as I do?
#710 of 719 Old 05-01-2006, 09:46 AM

Yes, there's something bout the southland in the springtime...the annoying weather lately...but oh well. it all boils down to outfit trauma for me. :

lucenamama--hi! i have been gone from the ww thread but am still watching...and yes there's cheesecake left, come on over mama! I froze it so I wouldn't pick at it or else it would have been GONE the first few days. But it is sooooo good. It was the cover recipe of cooking light last month. oh, good luck in your race!

kate mom---WOW! you are so fast! incredible! to you and also to the mama with the 3-month old!

eksmom--I love the pictures. that is a gorgeous place for sure...makes me want to do some hiking soon. The sutemi looks awesome! I am trying to make a fake Ergo/sutemi but we'll see how it turns out.

kerc---from a million pages ago...it was decaf, silly! as if I could drink real coffee at 8 p.m.

creb--hotel room? my dh and I have done the switching rooms thing and it is great if you're not the one on duty, of course.

got a question for you mamas. There is a race near HBM and I in two weeks and I am planning on doing it. It is a 5K or 10K. Which do y'all think I should do? The 5K and speed through it, or the 10K and huff and puff but possibly get a Peachtree time to send it? I can't decide. It's a hilly course, but what isn't around here?
#711 of 719 Old 05-01-2006, 10:16 AM

Hey Mamabeth-go for the 10K! I'm going to try the 5k (I think) and I'll probably huff and puff through that. I'm just doing it for the pancakes afterward. I'm trying to convince my girls to do the one-mile Fun Run. I think they would enjoy it.

to everyone

to Shanti and Eksmom

I'm going to go try and run this morning on the sore hip/pelvis and see what happens. I'm getting very frustrated by this whole thing. :
And I'm still crying and crying...

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#712 of 719 Old 05-01-2006, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucenamama
Loftmama, have fun! Eat great food! I totally know the impulsive haircut hangover.
so glad to know it's not something only i have done!

1jooj, if i can find a picture that i'm ok w/sharing i'll post it. but i want to see your hairdo!

HBM,

kate~mom, good job speedy mama!

eksmom, i'm sorry to hear about your new upside down world, but i do hope that it will only lead to things getting better. great pics, btw. dh has a tee like the one you're wearing that he wears just about every day.

nd, i ate tons of yummy food and drank tons more of good wine, and the calories were so worth it. hope you're doing well, mama!

i'm at my in-laws now but will be relocating shortly to my mom's house. so i'm crossing my fingers for a good long run - but i am a little worried about the dogs.

bonding with my girls in dh's family was so good and therapeutic. we are a really close bunch and it was good to have some time away from dh. but on my return, he was a bit of a jerk to me and it makes me feel sad all over again. he's working all day non-stop on his re-shoot for a while, so i'm hoping some time away for him will help. i'm getting a little worried about our big ol' road trip but trying to be confident and secure in making the right decisions for our family.

hugs to you all.

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#713 of 719 Old 05-01-2006, 12:00 PM

I'm back, exhausted and feel like I need a vacation from my vacation. It was beautiful, sunny and fairly warm. The kids swam like fiends and we had an awesome playground just feet from our hotel room. I only ran twice, but hey, it's vacation right Trying to get motivated to run today but not sure it's in me. Must get back on track. Soo much good food while I was gone.

Need to go back and read what I missed...
#714 of 719 Old 05-01-2006, 12:05 PM

<------Oh my gosh! I just noticed. I've never been DDDC'ed before Thanks
#715 of 719 Old 05-01-2006, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Once again I only have a sec -

Decent run this morning. For me - not you amazing runners!!

HOLLYSMOM - it just dawned on me that I am going to Toronto next week and I really want to see you! I will be downtown on the 11th - do you want to go for a walk, have tea or luch or something together? Let me know
#716 of 719 Old 05-01-2006, 03:30 PM

My mother emailed me the photos she took on Sunday of us at WalkAmerica.
You can see how fast we are in the running photo....she couldn't even keep us in the frame.
Oh, and I included the gnome photo again of the stuff The Gnomes sent me.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...WjRi_C&notag=1

OH and I read in the new Runners World that at the Slacker Half Marathon in Colorado they give out ten GNOMES as prizes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elksmom, those were great photos! Thanks for sharing
I'm going down to run as soon as I think the girls will cooperate. not feeling so well today, though, so we'll see how it goes. Only shooting for three or four today anyway.

Oh, Dave, my other running partner, ran the Nashville marathon yesterday and had a blast. He finished in 5:45....and the furthest he'd run at once pre-marathon was six miles. He didn't train. I told him that you know your training has been less than stellar when tapering involves running more miles. In three weeks he is supposed to run the Green Bay with us, too.
#717 of 719 Old 05-01-2006, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantimama

HOLLYSMOM - it just dawned on me that I am going to Toronto next week and I really want to see you! I will be downtown on the 11th - do you want to go for a walk, have tea or luch or something together? Let me know
Just happened to be lurking today. Haven't kept up with the thread:

I would to get together. I am done work this Friday, but have to be downtown for a retirement party on the 11th which works out perfectly. The party is at 4pm so anytime before that is fine for me (as long as the babe doesn't show up ) Let me know what time and place works for you.
#718 of 719 Old 05-01-2006, 04:51 PM

katie--congrats on the half marathon! and a big thank you for luring me out of hiding and back onto the thread.

mamas, i spent the winter avoiding the TM, and now i am coming up from pretty much scratch. hopefully my yoga and pilates mean i have a tiny bit of strength, but i'll be huffing and puffing this next month.

no RW half for me, as i had hoped. but i have my eye on some trail runs, 10ks to keep me motivated.

glad to be back...i never dream i'll catch up!

mama to one amazing daughter born 1/2004
#719 of 719 Old 05-01-2006, 05:10 PM

I started a new thread, y'all...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page