Master Cleanser / Lemonade Fast - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 05-02-2006, 12:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone would like to join me in this? I start tomorrow!

lemonade recipe from this website:
http://master-cleanse.com/master-cleanse-directions.htm

The average person should drink from 6-8 glasses of lemonade daily while on the 10 day cleanse. You will need 1/2 large lemon or 1 lime per 8 oz glass of water to make one drink. To do a 10 day cleanse at this rate you will need 40 large lemons or 80 limes to complete the cleanse. If you plan on purchasing all your lemons or limes at one time be sure to refrigerate them so they will stay fresh longer.

The night before starting the cleanse and each night thereafter (until you finish the cleanse) prepare yourself by drinking 1 cup of the laxative tea (Smooth Move or any Senna tea) before retiring at night.

For a minimum of 10 days, drink:

Drink at least 6 glasses of lemonade daily, each 8 oz drink consists of the following:

2 Tablespoons (1 fluid ounce) fresh-squeezed lemon or lime juice (approx. ½ lemon),

2 Tablespoons (1 fluid ounce) organic Grade B maple syrup (Not maple-flavored sugar syrup or syrup from companies that use formaldehyde to process the syrup),

1/10 Teaspoon or more cayenne pepper (hot red pepper).

1 Cup (8 fluid ounces) well water, purified or spring water, NOT fluoridated water.

Drink six to twelve glasses of this lemonade mixture daily. No food is eaten nor any vitamin supplements taken during the cleanse. If you get hungry, have another glass of lemonade.

If you are overweight, you may use less maple syrup. If you are underweight, use more maple syrup if you wish.

If you are worried about losing weight, Burroughs says, "The only things you can possibly lose are mucus, waste, and disease. Healthy tissue will not be eliminated."

Do not vary the amount of lemon juice per glass and be sure to drink at least six glasses of lemonade a day. You can drink more water, if you want as it is good for the elimination process.

Breaking Your Fast

Breaking a long fast is very, very important. You should ease your way back to solid food after one or two additional days of juices, orange or grapefruit. If you are going back to raw fruits and vegetables diet, you may do so on the afternoon of the second day.

If you have been a meat eater and/or milk products consumer, shift to cooked vegetable soup on the afternoon of the second day and a salad for dinner. Keep the lemonade drink as your breakfast drink after that. Of course, you would do better with the least amount of meat and no milk products as they are very productive of mucus and hinder digestion and absorption of nutrients.

Day 1

You are still on a liquid diet. It is recommended that the first day you drink several glasses of orange juice. Water is recommended and you may mix 1/2 orange juice and 1/2 water.

Drink Slowly
(Don't over do it with the orange juice, each glass has approx.. 120 calories.)

The orange juice prepares the digestive system to properly digest and assimilate regular food.

Day 2

More than juices! The same as day one, drink several glasses of orange juice. Water is also recommended, but the second day you can have for your evening meal:

A light vegetable Soup. (Make enough for 2 days.)

This is strictly a vegetarian soup. For vegetarian soup recipes see:
allrecipes.com

Remember you can always have herbal teas during the day. Tea is soothing and relaxing. Use peppermint tea if you like.

Day 3

Today you start the day with:

Orange Juice at noon, you may have: Last night's vegetable Soup.

For Dinner:
Vegetables, any type. Salad / Fruit

Meat, coffee and milk products are to be avoided. Milk can cause complications in the stomach and colon.
#2 of 22 Old 05-02-2006, 01:41 AM

I would do this with you, if I were not breastfeeding. Can't wait to hear how you do!
Kerensa
#3 of 22 Old 05-02-2006, 01:50 PM

I'm here. I'm thinking seven to ten days. I started this morning.

About the cayenne... I don't have any measurement spoons for 1/10 of a tsp. I think I put too much on the first try. The second one was better. Any tips?

I'm thinking after I do this, I'm going to try Eat to Live again. I'm definitely going to stay away from the milk products.
#4 of 22 Old 05-02-2006, 01:58 PM

I did the lemonade fast before we ttc our 2nd. i developed a metal allergy (I was a metalsmith jeweler) and needed to cleanse before getting preggo. So,I did the lemonade fast (really hard!!!) but I felt great afterwards!! and lost about 10 lbs. Then I did a seaweed/blue green algae fast for 6 months (just adding it into my diet with no sugar/white flour products.
then I got preg right after!
good luck!! I plan to do it again after i am done nursing...
#5 of 22 Old 05-02-2006, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

re: the cayenne, I doubled or quadrupled the recipe and that made it much easier to figure the right amount of cayenne...

here's the formula I'm using...

60 oz water
12 tablespoons Organic Grade B Maple Syrup
12 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
a little over half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
#6 of 22 Old 12-12-2006, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

bumping up, anyone want to do this with me?

I start tomorrow. I'm 25 lbs. overweight, at least, and want to get rid of my cravings and addictions as well.
#7 of 22 Old 12-12-2006, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3 View Post
bumping up, anyone want to do this with me?

I start tomorrow. I'm 25 lbs. overweight, at least, and want to get rid of my cravings and addictions as well.
I wish but Im still nursing! good luck and stay away from bakeries!! The smell of fresh bread just about sent me over the edge...the first 3 days are the hardest. If you can go some where and be alone without temptation for the first 3 days that helps.then you should be good to go,as you won't be craving as badly after that. also take spirulina if you can,to keep your cravings at a minimum~
#8 of 22 Old 12-12-2006, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

I'm nursing too, but my babe is 2, so he gets a lot of his nutrition from table foods...and I'm not drinking the laxative tea. I was just thinking about that awesome mama (Kati Kim) who nursed two kids for 9 days with no food herself...actually this is the first time in many years that I haven't been tandem nursing!

Thanks for the spirulina tip, I'm out to get my supplies now and will add that to the list!
#9 of 22 Old 12-12-2006, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3 View Post
I'm nursing too, but my babe is 2, so he gets a lot of his nutrition from table foods...and I'm not drinking the laxative tea. I was just thinking about that awesome mama (Kati Kim) who nursed two kids for 9 days with no food herself...actually this is the first time in many years that I haven't been tandem nursing!

Thanks for the spirulina tip, I'm out to get my supplies now and will add that to the list!
well I wasn't referring to the nutrition part so much as the toxins that will come out in your breastmilk and passed on to your toddler. thats what I've read anyway...anyone else know about that??
#10 of 22 Old 12-13-2006, 02:11 PM

I'm planning to do this AFTER the holidays....I don't think I would stand a chance against holiday goodies on this cleanse!
#11 of 22 Old 12-14-2006, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmamma View Post
I'm planning to do this AFTER the holidays....I don't think I would stand a chance against holiday goodies on this cleanse!
i could be in after the holidays. i can take a little time off from running in early january.
#12 of 22 Old 12-15-2006, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate~mom View Post
i could be in after the holidays. i can take a little time off from running in early january.
No need to take time off from running to do this -I found my energy and desire to exercise increased when on it!
#13 of 22 Old 12-15-2006, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamachandi View Post
well I wasn't referring to the nutrition part so much as the toxins that will come out in your breastmilk and passed on to your toddler. thats what I've read anyway...anyone else know about that??
My friend who is a IBCLC said that it's silly to think that any more toxins would be in the breastmilk than are there already from eating crappy food...but I haven't been able to find much evidence or research about this...
#14 of 22 Old 12-19-2006, 09:34 AM

Hey! I'm on Day 9 and there's a group of us at www.welltellme.com that are/have been doing it w/ lots of helpful feedback...
#15 of 22 Old 12-20-2006, 11:57 PM

I would REALLY love to do this, but cannot with a clear conscience do it while nursing a seven month old and a two year old. I think I would go for it with just a two year old though.. Good luck and keep us updated.
#16 of 22 Old 12-21-2006, 01:50 AM

I did this for a week two years ago, with salt water flush and all. It really slowed down my metabolism.

In my opinion, based on my own extensive experience of trial and error, the best cleansing option is 100 percent raw living foods.

Uncooked vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds.

Just .02.

I'm very curious to know how others do with the Master Cleanse and if it affects your metabolism as it did mine. Lmk?!
#17 of 22 Old 12-26-2006, 05:23 AM

subbing.
#18 of 22 Old 10-23-2008, 01:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
any one have any experience since 06?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
#19 of 22 Old 10-23-2008, 01:07 PM

I just finished this last saturday-
I did 10 days- along with the lemonade mix I did a senna tea drink daily and tried the salt water drink 1 day- like a colonic- too dehydrating for me with all the salt..
read about it at the vegetarian/vegan area in the nutrition and good eating -
a vegan mama starting the master cleanse is the title...
#20 of 22 Old 10-30-2008, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm starting on Monday!.. I've done it a few times before i ALWAYS feel like a million bucks from 3-4 days in and then afterwards!... it gets boring tho with no chewing and all. I also CAN"T do the SWF, I've tried, makes me wanna barf, and the lax teas give me SUCH intense cramps that I feel like I'm going to DIE.
So I've tried diluting them or drinking only half, but then it doesn't seem to work.

any one have this problem?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
#21 of 22 Old 11-04-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedsol View Post
I did this for a week two years ago, with salt water flush and all. It really slowed down my metabolism.

In my opinion, based on my own extensive experience of trial and error, the best cleansing option is 100 percent raw living foods.

Uncooked vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds.

Just .02.

I'm very curious to know how others do with the Master Cleanse and if it affects your metabolism as it did mine. Lmk?!
This happened to a friend of mine. She was traveling cross country at the time, and she said she felt terribly unwell. She was hardcore about it, and ended up gaining weight. I wonder if it affects different body types in dramatically different ways?

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
#22 of 22 Old 11-06-2008, 12:15 AM

I just read this thread and not sure if anyone did it and did it with success??? Looks like a lot of people wanted to do it but were nursing.

I've ALWAYS wanted to do a cleanse. I'm in to do it but kinda want to know its amazing so I can hold onto that idea ALL DAY LONG for a week!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page