Just Plain Losing Weight and Getting Fit - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-19-2006, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I'd start a thread for those of us that aren't doing any specific weight loss or workout program. I thought it would be nice to check in with others every once in a while.

Here's my story: I'm having trouble losing my pregnancy weight from my 2nd child, which is a surprise considering how much I lost last time (25 lbs + 35 more non-prego weight). I've only got 5 more pregnancy lbs, but I'd like to lose about 20 lbs total and to really get in shape. That doesn't seem like much, but I have a really hard time getting motivated. I've started amino acid supplements for my PPD, and I'm feeling more energetic and less like I have to eat all the time.

So, my minimum goals are:
20 lbs weight loss
Lose 2 sizes
Tone my muscles
Feel good (strong, flexible, "durable") in my body
Set a good example for my daughters

Anyone else?
#2 of 7 Old 05-19-2006, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenomama
So, my minimum goals are:
20 lbs weight loss
Lose 2 sizes
Tone my muscles
Feel good (strong, flexible, "durable") in my body
Set a good example for my daughters

Anyone else?
I am just trying to get fit too. I am not good at following a program, but, I can make lifestyle changes.

My goals are similar.
10 lbs
1 size
tone muscles
feel better...(my back kinda hurts)
Feel better about how I look.
Set a good example for my daughter.
#3 of 7 Old 05-19-2006, 11:30 PM

I am hopeless at trying to stick to anything for long. Sometimes I run, sometimes I do tei bo (sp), sometimes I do nothing.

But I have been watching what I eat a bunch more and I am really hoping that will help. My body seems to hold onto that baby weight.

My goals are 25 lbs
at least 2 sizes
run without having to walk in between
have more energy
more flexibility.

I bought a dress today that is just a tiny bit tight. The goal is one lbs per week for now. I am trying to be realistic.

Louise
#4 of 7 Old 05-20-2006, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I didn't workout yesterday. I waited too late, and then my youngest got fussy. Stupid dairy. So anyway, I need to either walk or do my yoga video today. Food wise, I'm doing good. Just got to work on the veggies. Hope everyone else is doing great!
#5 of 7 Old 05-20-2006, 12:08 PM

oops. I ate a muffin for breakfast. I didn't even want it but it was there and I was hungry.

Hopefully I will get to run today. And no more junk today.

Louise
#6 of 7 Old 05-21-2006, 12:34 AM

I made up my own diet combined from all sorts of info I have read-- I am doing weight watchers points to watch portions and nourishing traditions for the whole foods aspect(plus they encourage protein and fat--which I need). I am also eating no sugar and almost no bread.

I eat eggs, raw milk, salads, chicken fish, veggies, fruits (mainly berries), meats, cottage cheese, a little rice/potatoes as a general idea

I have 20 pounds left to lose from preg with #2 that ended in m/c and me neeeding bedrest for 6 weeks. I have already lost 5 I think. I just feel depressed looking this way...I want to be myself again!!

Exercize has been my biggest stuggle...I must do it!!!!

Goal -Date to complete: 7/31/2006
lose 20 pounds
Back into size 8 jeans and other clothes
Physically fit from running/weights

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#7 of 7 Old 05-21-2006, 12:44 AM

I have previously lost 75 lbs doing WW and maintained that for a year or so. Hubby and I opened a business in September and I fell off the WW cart and am still rolling through the forest floor. I have regained about 25lbs. I am currently working on naturalizing my diet. I have begun baking my own breads and switching to organic foods. I have thought about WW recently but just can't seem to get started. Right now I am more concerned with eating right instead of lossing weight.

I have NO motivation to exercise which is a shame since I was about a visit shy of being a gym rat before opening our business.

So hopefully I can get it together soon.

AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page