Has anyone tried auriculotherapy for weight loss? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-24-2006, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am seriously considering this.

I am very overweight and need to lose at least 100lbs.

I have been overweight the majority of my life, and have tried most everything.

I will start something, do great, and then have something happen in my life that makes me fall off my wagon.

I did WW, but I'm a WW drop-out, the whole program was totally confusing to me, and with 5 kids, it's too hard to make more than 1 main thing @ each meal (heck, I'm lucky to make them their meals!)
#2 of 4 Old 05-25-2006, 02:56 AM

Don't know what this is but am interested to learn more.:

First and foremost, Mama to Owen blahblah.gif (7/21/04), Annalieseenergy.gif  (7/29/09), and somebody new bigeyes.gif  (due Feb 2012), and wife to Andrew (9/12/98). Also passionate about and loving the work I do in Organizational Development.

#3 of 4 Old 05-30-2006, 02:30 PM

My understanding of it is that something is placed into the ear lobe (?) to put pressure on the lobe to help with weight loss.

This is something I would definitely personally stay away from. A friend that I worked with had this done and while she did lose some weight, the doctor (?) that did the 'ear work' also gave her a diet that she was supposed to follow. The better she followed the diet, the better the weight loss was I don't think she did it for more than a couple of months.

Here are two threads from another forum where someone talks about having this done and the (horrible) results: Thread One and Thread Two
#4 of 4 Old 06-02-2006, 12:19 PM

Hey there. I just wanted to reply to this thread because I'm an acupuncturist and have done auricular acupuncture for various treatments. Here is my humble opinion about using acupuncture for weight loss: it is a helpful tool to use IN ADDITION to whatever else you are doing. I just want to stress that point because I have had experience with people wanting the acupuncture alone to do the trick (with weight loss and addictions) I really don't think that's possible. Auricular therapy can be really effective, but in relation to weight loss in can help with cravings, anxiety, and also it helps to balance out the energy in the body. But, alone, I don't think it's enough.
Anyway, just wanted to put that out there. Also, I recommend finding a licensed acupuncturist who has expertise in this area. Good luck! Hope this helps.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page