It's June and humid get running and racing mamas!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2006, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Everyone's welcome! We've got walkers, woggers, all distance racers and some speedy mamas! The thread moves fast but it'll sure to get you moving so jump right in!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2006, 04:30 PM

darn you 2babybees, you beat me too it...so I guess we'll see who's friends with who
Old 06-01-2006, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybugmama
darn you 2babybees, you beat me too it...so I guess we'll see who's friends with who
I think I got the advantage simply because I got the link to the other thread Great minds on the same path
Old 06-01-2006, 04:39 PM

so I get to look like the loser with no posts to my thread
Old 06-01-2006, 04:41 PM

Poor BBM.

Subbing. Race list in a sec.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

Old 06-01-2006, 04:42 PM

:

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

Old 06-01-2006, 04:45 PM

Please let me know if you have anything that needs to be added, deleted, or otherwise updated on the list!

Note: I am repurposing the gloomy smiley as a humid, sweaty smiley.

: :

doctorjen - Run for Glory 5K - July 1
mamabeth - The Peachtree (10K) - July 4
kate~mom - Firecracker 4 miler - July 4
2babybees - Star-Spangled 5K - July 4
ChamaMama - 5K - July 22
Balancin1 - 5K - July 30
2babybees - Women's Only Triathlon - July 30
nancy926 - 5K - August 5
JenLove - 5 mi run for Copperman Triathlon team - August 5
ChamaMama - 10K - September
poppywise - 5K - September 9
kate~mom, nancy926, grnmtnmama, pumpkinseed, mr. pumpkinseed - Philly Distance Run (half) - September 17
Patti Ann & everyone else who would like to participate - Griffin Patrick 5K - September 24
cRebRun & 1jooj - Fox Cities Marathon - September 24
kpinny - half - September
lucenamama - half - October 1
Plady - half - October 1
wawoof - RNR Half San Jose - October 8
mamabeth - half - October 22
kpinny - Marine Corps Marathon - October 29
Shantimama - half - October
Kerc - half - October
Runningmommy - marathon - October
eksmom - Suntrust Richmond Marathon - November 11

The Preggo Dingo List

HBM - September 6 - :
Patti Ann - October 12 - :
ND - December 5 - :
BBM - December 30 - :
Saskiasmom - March?? - :

Old 06-01-2006, 04:50 PM

subbing
Old 06-01-2006, 04:52 PM

eksmom-please add my 10K this sunday to the list-

thanks-I am a technical idiot-I hve no idea how to do links-which is also why I have never posted pictures!

dh is "letting" me run this one-so hard when both of us run-too early to get someone to come up to watch K so we can both do it!
Old 06-01-2006, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Wow - talk about a chatty day!!!!

I am hanging out here 'cause I like it so much.

But I do have to get some work done - like two papers submitted before I go to London (Ontario) for my course residency next week. One of them is half written. Of course, that is the one that was due 2 months ago - the other is due today and here I am hanging out with the dingoes.

bbm - GREAT news. I have been worried about you - I hope the lumps disappear quickly.

grnmtnmama - I have never heard the song - I always think of "The Secret Life of Bees" when I wear the socks - my all time FAVOURITE book. Now I have to figure out where I can hear the song.

Did someone say that the Indigo Girls have a new CD out? I love them!

So where are all of the WI ladies? We haven't heard from them in awhile it seems.......

Must work - I think I can get a lot done this afternoon. thank goodness this isn't a heavy academin course, it is more intense personally. I am have had a prety intense day, so I think I am up for it

to all of you!
Old 06-01-2006, 05:04 PM

Pumpkinseed, I added you... I'm embarrassed to ask this but when I saw Herndon I was confused as to where you live again? One of my college roommates was from Herndon...

Old 06-01-2006, 05:14 PM

Wawoof - yeah, I was thinking the same! We could leave the Dh's with the kids and get out on a trail! (I was actually thinking me you and Liz, but she has a torn achilles and may not be running by then )

Kerc - hooray on the paper. Sorry about the job

Geo and Kpinny - have fun this weekend!
.... any of you science geeks heading out to the bay area in the fall for one of those conferences?......

BBM - phew! on the lump. Hope you get in your run

2bb's - wowza on the 9pm run. That's some serious comitment

monikaut - you're gonna be great! Im gettin excited

Gym was good. Rode a hard and fast (rpm) 22 miles and ran 2. I think I may be doing this race July 4th. Dh got the day off. .. it'll be ten years since the only other time I ran it. Have a good day all

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
Old 06-01-2006, 05:18 PM

eksmom-I used to live there-I am one town over now-still in No.Va What years did you go to college? One of my dear friends went to W&M and still lives in Wmsbg with her dh (who also went there both undergrad and MBA) and their 4 kids! I think I am older than you though-we graduated in 92
Old 06-01-2006, 05:25 PM

Pumpkinseed, I was at W&M from 94-98. My roommate's name was Gazala, her family was Pakistani... I think she had an older brother also but his name is not coming to me right now. We were roommates freshman year.

It's funny about W'burg, a lot of people seem to go to W&M and then end up staying. We have quite a few friends who did that, more than I would expect anyway.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:33 PM

Pumpkinseed: My mom is away and so is dh so it might have to be my dad who looks after dd while i go to the not tupperware party. I will just tell him it is a ladies party, could not actually tell him

BBM: glad the lump seems to be okay

did not run today but did go out for a walk with dd, my dad and the dogs, will run again tomorrow
Old 06-01-2006, 05:43 PM

bbm--shwew on the lumps.

grnmtmama, LOVE the swiffer. I don't knit, either.

I got a call re: the job. I have to go in, AGAIN, and I think I am getting an offer. But not FT. The HR rep was kind of stingy with details on the phone, but she said "less than FT," and when I pressed a bit (PT? Freelance?) she came up with "as needed." Seems the work volume has lessened, and I think of the 2 candidates, maybe I'm the only one not currently employed, which they are in a position to exploit.

Maybe. Because if they can't give me some kind of regularity, the childcare will be an obstacle. Unless I'm working nearly entirely from home. But I'll absolutely need some childcare to ever, ever go into an office. So, we shall meet again, next week in fact, and I'll discover more then. Hopefully about pay, schedules and such. Frankly, I am willing to work less than FT if I can swing the childcare thing, and of course I would try to work it toward FT over time (as little time as possible, of course).

Now, I am hungry. Biked a little with kiddos today (maybe 6mi). Might run this PM, if dh gives me the thumbs up.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:44 PM

saskiasmom what a pretty post

I'm emailing with dh back and forth. I think i'm going to ask if when he gets home from classes if I can go for a wog.

What do you all think of my new avatar?

How's fall in SA sally?

Shanti - how're your quilts doing? What did you finally decide on how to sell/market them?
Old 06-01-2006, 05:45 PM

1jooj - crossposted hmmm on the job....I hope you're wrong about wanting to take advantage or your lack of current employment....that gives me warning bells.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:52 PM

still not running, but at least subbing
Old 06-01-2006, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskiasmom
Wawoof - yeah, I was thinking the same! We could leave the Dh's with the kids and get out on a trail! (I was actually thinking me you and Liz, but she has a torn achilles and may not be running by then )
Sorry to hear about Liz's torn Achilles. But a trail run'd be great!

Kristin & Grnmtnmama - thanks for the tips about growth spurts and reassurance not to panic yet. i defintely think that he's in a growth spurt. he's 5.5mo old, and yesterday he drank 17oz BM at daycare on top of eating 1/2 banana for breakfast at home and a whole jar of sweet potatoes at lunch at daycare i think my freezer stash will be enough to last through a week or two growth spurt. and hopefully i can pump close to enough once af is gone. i'm adding back in a noontime pumping, which hopefully will help. Kristin, thanks so much for offering up part of your freezer stash if I need it

for Wendy - wretched PPt, give up that poster NOWWWWW!!! Ppt seems less reliable than it used to be - maybe more buggy because it's more complicated? But I haven't figured out a good alternative for presentations

BBM - so glad for your good news about the lumps!

nancy - way to go ms hardcore runnin' in the rain!

pumpkinseed - sounds like a great run. I'm a hasher - ON, ON!!! speaking of which, ON-ON in your race this weekend!

shantimama - good luck with your papers!

sallyz - on on tomorrow

just did course evals in a class during which i ran out of time to finish my planned activities *again* - ugh
Old 06-01-2006, 06:30 PM

: : : : :Puke
Yep, that's me for the past couple of days. I ran on Tuesday after work, just three miles, but in major heat and humidity...had bad seizures on the run, hard time breathing, and major fatigue... was BRIGHT red when I got home and DRIPPING with sweat... layed down on the floor and had a hard time moving. Started feeling sick soon after and started puking and pooping not long after that...lasted all night...fever, pale, clammy, didn't leave bed all day yesterday and had to come in today because I had a HUGE meeting about expanding my program and I had to present. In the past two days I've eaten two handfuls of baked lays, one cup white rice, a couple spoonfuls of cheerios and an oatmeal raisin cookie.
I climbed the mountain (this is what my husband and I call asking 1jooj for advice....because we swear that someday people will come from distant lands to climb a tall mountain to visit 1jooj and ask for her wisdom.) and she thinks it's major dehydration. So does my PT friend here at work. I can't decide if that's it or if its a bug. There's been some of that going around here, I guess.
Meeting went great, though, and the big boss came down to compliment me on my speaking and how I relate with people and yadda yadda. It was nice.
I have been trying to read here and there, but mostly I haven't been able to be upright for long enough...so I hope I haven't missed anything too urgent.
miss you all!
Old 06-01-2006, 06:37 PM

Reb - Sun stroke!!!! Dehydration!!! You poor woman.

I would climb a mountain to get words of wisdom from Jooj.

I've totally loved watching all the chatty posts today. You chickies crack me up. Don't diss on Microsoft too much. They just hired my brother. He'll be moving to WA within the next month.

And Mandy... you are so incredible. It AMAZES me all that you accomplish. I love your blog!

Every time someone mentions my marathon (the day after tomorrow!!!!) I feel slightly ill and my bowels churn. Lovely, huh? AF was supposed to be here Tuesday but hasn't shown up yet. I just may be using Jooj's idea of taping tampons to my race number. Or maybe my body will grant me some grace and wait until the day after!

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
Old 06-01-2006, 06:41 PM

cReb, glad to see your post. I've been wondering (and a little worried) about you since the big marathon. i may need to climb that mountain, too, one day.

1jooj, good luck with that interview, chica.

plady, how's dd and mil?

wawoof, where are you?

grntmtnmama, i really just must bow to you again. i really don't understand people like you. i feel as if i'm on another planet. great marathon-relay photos, btw. fess up, which one is you? i love your knitting. and you work and you mother and you create websites. sheesh.

and all of you running with strollers

geo, i hate microsoft, too. i'm so happy it's out of our lives. hope you get the ppt back. (what the h is a ppt anyway?)

kerc, you got skeeters in minnesota??

darn, where was I? my memory just went kaput. can't recall the other posts and what i was about to say. guess i need a reboot. time for a cup o' tea.

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
Old 06-01-2006, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftmama
geo, i hate microsoft, too. i'm so happy it's out of our lives. hope you get the ppt back. (what the h is a ppt anyway?)
Powerpoint.

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
Old 06-01-2006, 06:44 PM

just a quick word--I may be good at giving it; not so good at using it.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:10 PM

REb - I definitely 2nd the dehydration. That happened to me on several of my long runs when I was training for the marathon and it felt like the flu. It was awful!

MOnica - a little anxiety is a good thing, You'll do great!!

loftmama - how was that tea
Old 06-01-2006, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
: One paper done!!! It is teh one due today and I feel okay about it. The late one - well, let's just say that the instructor I had to submit that one to is a wonderful woman, but she probably hasn't even noticed I haven't sent it in yet I will finish it early next week. This course is not high stress and punctuality, thank goodness. We have longer integrative paper due in October and I am kind of looking forward to writing that one. The material we have covered this year has impacted me very persoanlly as well as learning-wise so I can't wait to see what comes out, KWIM?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybugmama
REb - I definitely 2nd the dehydration. That happened to me on several of my long runs when I was training for the marathon and it felt like the flu. It was awful!

MOnica - a little anxiety is a good thing, You'll do great!!

loftmama - how was that tea
ummm, nice, until i looked over and saw that my dear 2yo had decimated the aunt's begonias. : dh is running and i'm tuning out the kids. time for me to find a new smiley --> :

shanti, yeah on the paper.

ppt - powerpoint. oh, i think we have keynotes????? not microsoft.

pulled over at a farmstand today and bought fresh spinach and fresh strawberries. does a spinach strawberry salad sound good???

bbm - cool avatar. did you make it yourself?

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
Old 06-01-2006, 07:40 PM

:
Old 06-01-2006, 07:42 PM

pumpkinseed i your new siggy!

User Tag List