Here are some who like to run. They run for fun in the hot JULY sun. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 830 Old 07-04-2006, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Balancin1 - warm up...I think it will depend on you...for a 5k I used to just jog for 5-10 minutes before the race. Within about 15-20 minutes of the start. Since being preggers it takes me much longer. I'm doing a marathon relay with some other women in Sept (my leg is 5 miles) and I've thought alot about this issue...Either way, go and enjoy! Have fun with it and play!

I absolutely love love love that "mom, you're a little cranky, shouldn't you go for a run?". I almost bought one immediately until I remembered we have no money

ND - I love your belly pic. I need to get one up soon. I'm 14 1/2 weeks now...You can't tell unless I pull my shirt up though...I just look like a chunky monkey.

Chamamama - your home sounds lovely.

CherylAnn -

So I leave to visit my parents :shudder on thursday. But then we all go to the beach for a week and I can't wait to have that time with dd. I'm worried about running though. As of right now I don't have a jogger that I can fold down to get into the car (mine doesn't) and I cannot leave dd with my family while I run. Long story. Ugh.
#62 of 830 Old 07-04-2006, 11:36 AM

Quick Race Report: Star Spangled 5K

Okay so it was warm and humid when I got up this morning and already 75 degrees. The rain had cleared out and luckily the race start was just 5 mins from my house. This is a route I run often. I thought about biking in but there was more rain coming later and didn't want to get caught. I had the normal what the heck am I doing moment as I stood at the start line. I have the worst anxiety everytime. The first mile was pretty good pace, not breathing completely hard but faster than I should be going. I need to learn how to pace myself. 6:45 at the first mile. That is the fastest I have ever run a mile in. At the 1/2 point still feeling okay. When I hit mile 2 at 14:17 I realized it was going to be a long 1.1miles home. The air was thick and I was drenched even in just a sports bra and running shorts. I had spurts of power but overall I died again. A lot was mental I think actually. But I hauled hard in the last stretch and made it in at 23:15. Not the 23 minutes I wanted but still a PR.

In the last stretch a woman who I ran near for a lot of the 1/2 marathon passed me. She is fast and I believe the cross country coach for one of the high schools. I've seen her at every race I have done. But she did spur me along for that last stretch which really pulled my mind back into it. We ending up running a short recovery run afterwards which was pretty cool and she introduced me to the group who runs at the bootie crack of dawn in my neighborhood. So now I have at least incentive to get up once or twice a week and run with some new folks.

I was 54th overall of nearly 300 runners. 1st in my age group. This is the first time I have won my age group with actual runners in my age group. Got a cool gold medal. When I went up to get it there were a few people who commented on how fast I had gotten this year. I had no idea people even knew who I was.

Now I am hoping the rain clears out by this evening and I can hop of the bike and put some miles in.

Happy 4th everyone!!
#63 of 830 Old 07-04-2006, 12:15 PM

WTG, 2BB's!!! You've been "the one to watch" and didn't even know it!!
#64 of 830 Old 07-04-2006, 12:30 PM

How awesome to be watched! Congratulations 2BB's!

I did a slow six today...I think...Still pooped, but what can you expect
#65 of 830 Old 07-04-2006, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Mamas!

2bbs, congrats on a great race and PR in humid weather! That's cool that your local running community is keeping an eye on you.

ND, good luck with the Air America piece! That is so awesome! Great belly pic!

Balancin1, for the first 5K I ran after getting back into running, I was too scared to waste any of my precious energy on a warmup run. One of my recent ones, I ran to the race which constituted a 1.5 mile warmup. They say the shorter the race, the longer the warmup. Since you've noticed that you run better after the first 1.5 miles, maybe you should do an easy warmup of 1-1.5 miles.

ChamaMama, glad your hip/leg is better. Good luck with the move, and I hope you get some time to run!

Flitters and wawoof, how did it go?

Mamabeth and HBM, I want to hear all about the P'tree! I haven't checked the weather in ATL, but I know it must be a hot one because it is hot up here in VA.

Katie, can't wait for your race report!

BBM, I'm sorry you can't leave DD with your parents. I hope the visit goes OK and the beach is fun.

Hi Cheryl! Now that I am a newbie cyclist who's yet to cover 20 miles, I am so in awe of the century! I'll add your links soon!

Hi Patti!

I am at work today, for now anyway. I rode in, and took a longer route than I normally do. That is my exercise for the day... no running. It just wasn't fitting in, plus I am kinda slacking this week before marathon training begins in earnest next week (Dingo campers, I'm supposed to run 12 I think on Sunday ).

I talked to my aunt last night for about an hour. It was wonderful to talk to her. She seems to be in good spirits.

I made the little Uncle Sam cakes last night. They were baked in a petite loaf pan, so they are about the size of a deck of cards. I took pictures so they'll be up on Flickr tonight maybe.

I hope you are all having a wonderful 4th (for those in the States).

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#66 of 830 Old 07-04-2006, 02:13 PM

Great job 2babybees! You have become an exercise fanatic. Good for you!

BBM-6 miles sounds great to me

eksmom-have fun at work. Can't wait to see your little cakes.

No walk today. We are having people over tonight for dinner and fireworks. Hopefully the thunderstorms will have passed by then.

Can't wait to hear about the other racers.

Patti
#67 of 830 Old 07-04-2006, 02:24 PM

short report - 4 miler in 27:12, 38th overall, 5th woman, 1st in my age group. more later - off to barbeques and fireworks.
#68 of 830 Old 07-04-2006, 02:33 PM

Woohoo, Kate~Mom!!!

We're having a huge bbq at our house today. Dd#1 counted up 58 people. I must be crazy. It should be fun. Dh is planning water games. I'm planning the food and drinks. It's mostly potluck, though. Trying not to stress. I got in my walk, but not the bike. I started getting too nervous and kind of withdrew for a couple hours. I'm weird that way. Now I'm going to take a nice hot bath. When I'm done, dh will be back with the ice and we'll have about 3 more hours to putz around. I suppose I could still fit in a bike...but I'll be all clean.

Have a Happy 4th everyone!!!
#69 of 830 Old 07-04-2006, 02:41 PM

Hello Mamas! I'm hoping to join the group and get my running started again. I'm actually HomeBirthMommy's sister in law, so hello HBM I used to be a major runner/jogger. I did races every other week or so. I ran in the rainh, the snow, the heat... I ran all the time and I loved it. Then I started nursing school, then I got pregnant, and now I have Annabelle (5 weeks and a day old). Any tips from mamas who restarted running after a LLOONNGG hiatus? Should I start back at square one? I just wish it weren't so farking hot here... that would make running easier. I can't take the jog stroller out when it's hot because the little monkey gets heatrash. Plus HBM is off the running now, so I have nobody to keep me company
#70 of 830 Old 07-04-2006, 02:44 PM

WOW!!! 2BABYBEES AND KATE~MOM!!! Ultra fast times!!!! 2 babybees, do we get to see your awesome medal??!! That's so super cool, the winning of your division, your overal place, the fact that people know who you are, AND that you'll get to run with other people IRL. kate~mom, your overall place and first in division, whooo hoo!!!!!!! you ladies rock!!

ran 5.5 today, felt great to be back at it. ran 2.5 yesterday to test the knee. Knee is holding out, might be cured, or might not have been itbs.

got to run, family coming over!
Love to you ladies,
Lisa
#71 of 830 Old 07-04-2006, 04:33 PM

NurseLaurie - I would start very slow and easy. Are you done bleeding yet? I would wait until the 6 wk checkup just to be on the safe side. (I bled for 5 wk after dd). And be patient with yourself while you pick back up. Geofizz recently has done exactly what you are facing...

Kate~mom, 2BB What more can be said...I'd look like I was walking backwards beside you!
#72 of 830 Old 07-04-2006, 05:37 PM

2BB, great race!, and Kate~mom--Way to go! I think I need to throw one of these in too:

Isn't it the best part of running that there's always a challenge, whatever level you are at? I'm hoping to get out this evening, it is too hot right now and I enjoyed sleeping in a bit with DH and DD this morning. This is the first day in months that one of us hasn't had to be somewhere (DH works weekends, I work during the week.)
#73 of 830 Old 07-04-2006, 08:39 PM

Holy f#ckamole 2BB and Kate~Mom!!!!!! : you give me seizures just thinking about how fast you ran!!!!! Congratulations!

I must tell you that Elksmom is the most awesome friend!! she's been putting up with me and my insanity and computer illiteracy and helping me with my blog! She rocks. Seriously.

I RAN TODAY!!!! okay, it was a super slow three miler, but after almost two weeks off, it felt like heaven. Dr Marathon told me that I don't have a stress fracture and that I can run if I run half the distance as usual and 1-2 minutes a mile slower. Doesnt he realize I'd be walking? Anyway, it hurt some, but not horribly and now it's sore, but feels more like groin than hip. I hope it's not terrible when I wake up tomorrow. I am planning on biking twice and running twice this week to ease into it.

And NurseLaurie... congrats on the baby. I started running again (after four months off) when my baby was 12 days old. Did a 15K when she was 8 weeks. Marathon when she was 8 months. You can totally do it. Just start slow, as others have said. When i started my mantra was, "I can always run slower....just a bouncy walk.....I can always run slower....it's just a bouncy walk" and i started with intervals. First running a quarter mile, then walking a half, and building to all running for several miles.

chris leaves tomorrow for ten more days. Four days home just wasn't enough.
#74 of 830 Old 07-04-2006, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseLaurie
I used to be a major runner/jogger. I did races every other week or so. I ran in the rainh, the snow, the heat... I ran all the time and I loved it. Then I started nursing school, then I got pregnant, and now I have Annabelle (5 weeks and a day old). Any tips from mamas who restarted running after a LLOONNGG hiatus? Should I start back at square one?
hey there - awesome on getting started again! i started running again last summer after not doing a heck of a lot other than hiking and yoga in seven years. i was on the crew team in college, and ran/lifted etc. quite a bit then. after i graduated, i didn't really do much athletically. although i was still thin, i lost a good deal of weight in muscle tone. after i had ds, i knew if i was ever going to be fit again, i needed to start it then. so last summer, i started running - from square one. sometimes it was a half mile run out, and a half mile walk back. sometimes it was running until i couldn't run anymore, and then walking until i could breathe again - and all in the heat of the summer. now, pennsylvania isn't atlanta, but it's hot in the summer.

i would say just be ready for it to be very different than when you ran more often - and that is ok. in the time between college and last summer, i would try to run here and there, and get discouraged very easily because i would go out too fast and get winded by the end of the block. i think this time around, that may have worked to my advantage though, because even when my endurance was garbage last summer when i was starting, i was still going relatively quickly for a beginner. :

and the ultimate running advice - never do anything (in training) today that will prevent you from getting out there tomorrow.
#75 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 12:15 AM

Wow 2babybees and kate~mom! you guys are blazing fast!

Welcome NurseLaurie! On getting started again - I did start at about 4 weeks postpartum with each of my last 3. I had fairly easy births with all of them, and was feeling good - but I was still bleeding a little with each of them. I would say plan to go slow, take walk breaks, and don't be discouraged if it takes you a good long while to regain your fitness. Also, it helps to have think ahead to several times in your day when you might squeeze in a run when you have a little baby. I would plan for morning if the babe slept well, then if that didn't happen a quick run before supper, or if that didn't work out a quick treadmill run in the late evening. Any amount is better than none, so don't feel bad about squeezing in 10 minutes if that's all you can do. Also, when running with a small baby, try to think of your runs as an investment in your own fitness and happiness and not think about times and distances. Try to enjoy it just for its own sake - and don't be surprised if you have fits and starts in getting your times back to your previous level, or your endurance. Running is a lifetime sport and can be enjoyed at so many levels, but a baby is only tiny just a little while. If you have to bag a run because your baby needs you, don't ever feel bad about it!

So I checked out the official results for my race on Sat, and it was sort of depressing. I was 57th out of 88 total (it's a really small race). Also, I found out that the woman who I struggled to pass and stay ahead of the whole race, and finally got ahead of and beat by 2 seconds was 71 years old!!! How embarrassing to be feel good about passing someone and then to find out they are twice your age and can still almost kick your butt! Last year I got beat in the last few feet by a 15 year old cross country runner, and this year I managed to overcome a 71 year old. Geez. Oh well, next year I'll try again on a full night's sleep!

Can you guess how my 4th of July started? Yep, with a call from labor and delivery. The mama who was due on the 1st but didn't have her baby showed up about 5:30 am with regular contractions. She did not want a holiday baby, and said she kept lying in bed hoping she was dreaming, but finally decided it was the real thing. She was 4 cms at around 6 am and they called me then. I arrived to find her in bed on her back clutching the bed rails and generally looking miserable. She did not like the idea of moving at all, but finally thought maybe she'd try the tub. We filled the tub, and she got up to the bathroom before getting in. She was pretty comfy on the toilet, and managed to pee and have a poop, but then decided the contractions were too intense, she didn't want the tub, and she wanted pain meds instead. So back to bed we went for an exam - which found her 9 cms and too late for pain meds. We managed to make her more comfortable finally on her side and a few contractions later she said she needed to move or do something. I said go ahead and do whatever you want, and she turned half on her back and started pushing, and her water broke with a big splat. Her mom got kind of panicky then "She's pushing, she's pushing! What are you doing, why are you pushing? Did you see that, she's pushing!?" We assured her that was just fine, we were all ready for a baby, and I put gloves on. Baby girl was out maybe 3 minutes later. She was born at 7:18 am.

We had a busy day after. I rounded on my other patients, came home and packed up dd for a run. I intended to run 3.1 miles at an easy pace, and I did run my usual easy pace, but it was a hard run. Maybe the humidity? The race on Sat.? Got up too early? Anyway. Then I came home and picked cherries off our tree and made a pie to take to my partner's house for a cookout. In between I did laundry, dishes, fed the kids, generally ran the household. Then we went to one of my partner's houses for a cookout and to play in their pool. It was a nice day.

Tomorrow, I'm planning to get up early and run with the summer running group, then I'm thinking we'll stick around house and get out my ds's new slip-n-slide type thing. And hopefully, a nap! (Tomorrow is my regular day off.)

Hope you all had a good 4th!
#76 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 12:26 AM

how did I know dr. jen would have another baby story -- jen you'll probably have one the day we are all there. you'll have the day off and it'll be some patient you've known for years or something.....

we are back in duluth. whew. leah's sick -- fever, cranky, stringy poo. She's a nursing machine too -- doesn't want any solids, poor thing. Erin's a mess because of massive attention for 10 days. My sister is OK. We hooked up with her on our way back from my ILs and she knows she's welcome here anytime. She is seriously considering it -- asking her boss if she can telecommute for 4 months or something. That would completely rock my world as I need to find daycare for my 2 for about 2 hrs per week.

more tomorrow, but only after I finish my work. I'm in serious do-do with myself for the lack of work on the trip. I'm forcing myself to do 3 almost 12 hr days here in a row. ick. I hate working like that.

advice on running with a baby/toddler -- before you may have had some kind of routine pre-running. When you run with a child you need to be able to go on a moment's notice. I've run in my pjs and sports bra before just because you need to be able to slip on the shoes and go. There may not be another window and frankly you can make an excuse all day....

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#77 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 03:36 AM

2bb and kate~mom – WOW!!! kate~mom, your running improvement since last summer is very inspiring!

nurselaurie - I’m in a similar boat as you are, never having regained my speed or endurance since before DS#1, and looking forward to doing so! Looking forward to supporting each other.

July 4 5k with flitters was great! It was great to meet her and her family, and another ap mama friend of hers who came to the parade. DH and I gambled on kid cooperation and ran together with both kids in the stroller - DH entered in the male double stroller division. G was fine at first, then cried a few min in the middle right before he fell asleep. E just enjoyed himself watching and commenting on everything. DH and I finished in just under 30 min, which was my goal that I thought would be easily doable but actually felt very hard : I must *not* compare my performance now to what it was pre-children, or I get depressed. This is a postpartum PR, and I'm trying to be proud of it.

Anyway, back to the fun part, here are pics of flitters & her son, and me, my dh, and sons.

Yay for dingo runs!!! Flitters and I are plotting to run together again soon
#78 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 08:37 AM

good morning ladies!!

I am on cloud nine to have run and not be in any pain!! It makes taking last week off from running bearable now. : I'm looking at the Pfitzer 18/55 plan even though I dont' know if I'm runnign a marathon this fall. I'm still trying to locate one. Either way, the training will be fun and challenging, will help me know what my body can do, and will have me ready should I find a fall marathon I want to do. I'm easing back into it this week, 2.5 really easy on monday with lots of walking, pre and post run. Then 5.5 of pure running at normal speed yesterday and feeling great, and no pain. whoo hoo!!

You racers are a real inspiration!!

creb~glad that you are back to running and pain is diminishing!!! that's great news! hope it keeps getting better for you! way to go on the weight loss, can you share your secrets???

nurse laurie!! ditto what the others said about getting back into it postpartum. Just enjoy both baby and running, plenty of time for the hard core stuff, and baby will be big before you know it.

I know some one on here was asking about a double jogger. We have one to sell for about 1/3 of the original price, it's hardly used : and really nice. the only thing is how would I get it to you??

got to get going on the work out. going to do a couple of pilates and some yoga today for planned day off. I also want to walk on the TM for a few minutes to loosen up the muscles from yesterday and keep up on the motion for my legs.

IL's and my dad and grandmother were here yesterday and that was nice. My dad is totally been crackin' me up with how open he has gotten about things. He used to be so closed mouth. I'l lhave to share some stories here sometime.

Okay, I know I said I was getting off here, but had to comment on drjen's story:

So I checked out the official results for my race on Sat, and it was sort of depressing. I was 57th out of 88 total (it's a really small race). Also, I found out that the woman who I struggled to pass and stay ahead of the whole race, and finally got ahead of and beat by 2 seconds was 71 years old!!! How embarrassing to be feel good about passing someone and then to find out they are twice your age and can still almost kick your butt! Last year I got beat in the last few feet by a 15 year old cross country runner, and this year I managed to overcome a 71 year old. Geez. Oh well, next year I'll try again on a full night's sleep!

Okay, I'm but at the same time, your story is inspiring too. To think that we can all be that 71 yo lady someday, kickin' butt and encouraging younger runners !!! way to go on getting out there and rockin'!!!!

eksmom~any news on your aunt yet? I know waiting to hear is so difficult. Saw that you helped reb on her blog, I would love to know about that countdown ticker.. if you have time!

patti~good to hear from you and glad that you are feeling well. I love hearing updates on you and the baby. the names you have picked out are totally great!!

wawoof and flitters~way cool to find that you live near each other and ran your race together!! how much fun!! I sooooooo wish I had some great ap/dingo mamas living near me thta I could run with IRL.

kerc~sorry to hear that you have a sick little one, hope she is on the mend soon!

nd~thanks for the belly pics, sooooo cute!! you look awesome!!! keep 'em comin'!

blancin1~wow sounds like you and dh don't get much time together, glad you enjoyed your sleeping in and hope you got your run in during the evening like you were hoping.

cherylann~ hope your bbq went well and you had fun!!

okay, rant coming!
also been battling with feeling fustrated wtih my body. I'm never going to have a "perfect" body, but feel okay with what I've got. Been wanting to try to slowly rid of some body fat and become harder. I've also been stuck between two sizes of clothing, so niether fits me right, and that's aggrivating and uncomfortable at times. this past week with no running, I got a nice gut back, which is so : because I was eating around 1500-1800 calories, trying to eat mostly healthy food, and was still doing pilates and yoga. I know they dont' burn the calories like running, but still! a gut!!?? : I just seem stuck where I'm at even when I am running. Associating with crebs post a while back on her blog about "shouldn't marathoner's be skinny?" even though I havent' run a marathon, runnign 40 mile weeks and eating healthy, I'm in that same mind set, should I have to be working at this weight thing??

Okay, thanks for letting me vent. hello to all you wonderful mamas I missed by name (and I know there are many).

Lisa
#79 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 08:57 AM

dr jen~ don't beat yourself up over the older runners! Endurance increases with age....she had the upper hand I was seriously shocked to see all of the OLD people at the ultra I did. In fact all of the females that finished before me were older than me. I was one of the youngest people there. It just gives me hope that I have a long running career yet to be had. You still rock!!!
#80 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 09:03 AM

Lisa - sent you a pm...
#81 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 09:15 AM

Lisa - are you sure it's a gut, and not just bloating (water retention, stool...etc). It's hard to imagine that in one week you would get a gut...Also...let me step up on my soapbox for a moment....Pretty comes in all shapes and sizes. I know I faced the same thought as Reb too...I had this image of a marathoner, and it just didn't look like me. But then I look at myself, and yes I have a healthy derriere, I have big legs, but it is shapely and attractive to me. I am strong. Okay, maybe a little weak now, but hey someone's siphoning all my energy I guess my point is that you are an amazing athlete, you are powerful and strong, and just amazing! I also wonder if you're being a little hard on yourself? I'm rambling incoherently. I wanted to offer a and a you look great just the way you are!

DrJen - yeah, the 8 year old kid who zooms by me at every single race, he gets me every time! There's this man that runs all our local races. I believe if he is not 80, he's very close. I just remember a few years ago someone saying he was 77. Anyway, he just kind of shuffles now. But I must to his dedication. Just think where you'll be in 30-40 years!

wawoof - I hear ya! I sit there and think, gosh a 6/7 minute mile was a piece of cake when I was younger...now I do almost twice that! But when I did that speedy work, I was working for no one but me. Now, it's dh, dd, babe in the womb, the house, money, etc.... I think there comes a time when we can slough that off and focus on the speed again. Although I truly find it hard to imagine doing a 20 minute 3.1 miles EVER again.

kerc - I'm glad you got to see your sister. I hope whatever is best for everyone happens
#82 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 09:25 AM

Alright racing mamas I have a question for you...I find that after every race from 5k or 1/2 marathon dsitance I get these horrid headaches almost feels like I am getting sick with a cold too. No pain reliever helps, napping doesn't help. I just kind of feel like a truck hit me for a few hours and then it slowly lifts away. This is completely different from the aches/pains/stiffness from a race. However about 1/3 of the time I usually do come down with some mild cold after a race. The wall sets in about 2-3 hours post race. Anybody experience this, have any theories on it and how the heck to prevent it????

On a brighter note that 1-2 mile recovery run I did after the race was some sort of miracle because I am actually barely sore at all. I guess I should have been doing that all along.
#83 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 09:46 AM

Good Morning mamas! I hope everyone had a good 4th yesterday. And I hope each and every one of you splurged and ate something totally bad for you like I did. :

The Peachtree in a word: HOT!
Dh and BIL (NurseLaurie's dh) ran and had a good time. Dh cut about 10 minutes off his time from last year, even with stopping to chat with family two different times. We stood at the finish line for the pro runners at the start. It is really amazing! They are so freaking fast and don't even look tired or sweaty afterward. They do a 10K in the time I would like to eventually do a 5K. Wow!
I looked and looked for Mamabeth, but I never saw her. I actually missed dh, too, but he saw me and came over to say hello. We also missed BIL somehow. It's really such an experience going and watching-it's a steady stream of runners for 2 hours straight and they were still coming when we left. I can't wait to do it next year!

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#84 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 10:03 AM

headaches: for me they are brought on by fatigue, dehydration or not enough calcium.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#85 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 10:21 AM

oh crud - apparently, my race story got eaten. i'll write it again this afternoon - have a dr. appt. and then have to roll by work for a few hours. :

it is POURING here - it should stop late this afternoon. keep anything crossed that it does so i can run tonight. if it's drizzling, it'll be a go, but i don't think i'm coordinated to race on a muddy, rooty, creek trail in a downpour.
#86 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybugmama
Lisa - are you sure it's a gut, and not just bloating (water retention, stool...etc). It's hard to imagine that in one week you would get a gut...Also...let me step up on my soapbox for a moment....Pretty comes in all shapes and sizes. I know I faced the same thought as Reb too...I had this image of a marathoner, and it just didn't look like me. But then I look at myself, and yes I have a healthy derriere, I have big legs, but it is shapely and attractive to me. I am strong. Okay, maybe a little weak now, but hey someone's siphoning all my energy I guess my point is that you are an amazing athlete, you are powerful and strong, and just amazing! I also wonder if you're being a little hard on yourself? I'm rambling incoherently. I wanted to offer a and a you look great just the way you are!
thank you for such awesome and kind words!!!!!!!! You are truely so sweet and right, I need to love who I am and quit waisting time on being upset by what I'm not. thanks for that reminder and your support!! back at ya!!
#87 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 10:37 AM

to all our holiday racers! well done!

welcome nurselaurie!

i took a few too many days off of running, so i am trying to just get back on a monday/wed/friday thing. went out for a run this morning and about 2 minutes into it - complete downpour : i didn't mind it because it beats running in the super hot heat! but it was a bit much. i came inside did some weights instead - hoping to get back out there later.

today is my dh's 35th birthday! so hard to plan a birthday deal when we're living in someone else's house, i hardly know the town to go out and get what i need, blah blah...ah well. i'll think of something!

thinking of dr jen's speedy senior, check out this lady! holy moly!

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#88 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppywise
thinking of dr jen's speedy senior, check out this lady! holy moly!
dh's grandfather ran marathons as recently as five years ago - i think he is in his 70s. until last year, he did 5Ks and 4 milers regularly. i totally remember thinking "man, i want to be like that when i grow up" when i first met him.
#89 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 10:42 AM

Happy Birthday poppy's dh! Today is our 9th anniversary. We're not really doing much since we're taking a trip this weekend.

Man, an 88 year old triathlete.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#90 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 10:46 AM

Hey ladies! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We have some faaast mamas here--WOW!

I'm freaking a little right now about next week--more the logistics than the actual job. It will be a little challenging, dropping the kids in their two places and making it on time into the office. But, at the same time, I'll be working an abbreviated schedule, and this means I get some down time between work and pick-ups. Dh will pick up dd in the afternoon, so I am considering dropping them off in the AM on the bike (going to have to figure out how to dress myself), parking the bike at ds's day camp, and walking to the office (about 5-6 blocks). Then I'd walk back to get him and we'd bike home together. But, I don't know...maybe that's too complicated for orientation week? It just seems such a waste to use the minivan to drive maybe a total of 5 miles for the whole thing...whatever. I'll figure it out. But early bedtimes need to start this week! : Also, Friday is only a half-day on the schedule.

I need to run today, fo' sho'. Shooting for 8mi today, 6 tomorrow...going to have to see what's on cReb's plate for the weekend.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page