Here are some who like to run. They run for fun in the hot JULY sun. - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
make sure you steep the tea with boiling/ed water for 10-15 minutes COVERED (as per box instructions) to get the full benefits. taking fenegreek AND blessed thistle at the same time are supposed to be more beneficial together (three capsules of each three times a day, so 18 capsules a day) and the tea has both together. pumping after nursing is great too, pump until two minutes AFTER the last drop of milk. and all the other info is wonderful , wish I had some milk to send too. good luck!!
#122 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 11:22 PM

on smaller bottles: my dd wasn't necessarily hungry, she just wanted to a). suck and b). be with me. She didn't do a pacifier so drinking from the bottle did it.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#123 of 830 Old 07-05-2006, 11:48 PM

ok, lesson learned. running two races in less than 36 hours is a bad idea. :

let's recap the eaten post of yesterday first . . . the morning started off well. i chowed on my favorite prerace breakfast (cinnamon raisin bagel with pb and sliced banana) and a latte. downed some gatorade a bit before the start. now, the race course had been changed at the last minute due to the flooding earlier in the week. the good news - it was moved to the bike trail that i run on regularly, so i was very familiar with the course. the bad news - it is NOT very wide, so i knew i had to get out there fast in the two blocks on the street before joining the trail. race start - i start in the front line and chat briefly with a guy who was planning on finishing in 25ish minutes. he mentioned that the h.s. kids to our left were looking to finish in the very low 21s gun goes, we fly. just before the trail, i was fairly certain i was far enough in front of the bulk of the crowd that i didn't have to worry about getting stuck on the trail, so i slow down to a more comfortable race pace. prior to this, i had been the first women. once i slowed a bit, three other women (well, one barely looked 15) passed me almost immediately. i held fourth through approximately a mile and a half, when another woman passed me. dh's grandfather was a course marshall, so it was nice to wave and hear some cheering at an otherwise un-spectated race.

other problem - miles are not marked : it was an out and back course, so technically, i could have checked my pace at the halfway mark. the turnaround, however, was also the water station - and with the humidity, i needed to at least wet my mouth. so between getting around the cone, getting water, and not drowning myself, i didn't check my time. dh's cousin passed me almost immediately after the turnaround, and said he had been trying to catch me for almost the full two miles and couldn't he ended up placing second in his age group. i tried to stick with him, but he was off like a prom dress. so i'm plugging along on the return trip, when a woman starts passing me - we actually stayed neck and neck for the majority of the return, which was excellent for my second half pace, i think. about a half mile from the finish, we started running faster, and when we turned off the trail, i started sprinting - but she didn't come along i think i might have been able to finish a few seconds faster if i had that competition, but oh well. i didn't meet my ideal goal of 26 minutes, but i did finish faster than my last 4 miler (28:0something) in january.

anyway, yesterday was a great race, ignoring my course gripes. in the afternoon, we headed to dh's uncle's for a barbeque and then stopped by the roadrunners' clubhouse for the tail end of the picnic. i'm pretty much the new kid on the block, so we were going around with introductions (lots of spouses who don't come to the speed workouts), the president's wife said, "oh, you're the fast one [president] was saying started coming to the track." :

so today was the third in a series of five summer 5Ks hosted by our local running club. the turnout was MUCH greater than the last one - three pages of results, so i'm estimating about 300 people. i wasn't looking to do anything amazing. i was sure i wouldn't beat my 20:44 from may, but i was hoping to be in the 21-22 range. now, it had POURED earlier in the day, and cooled off so nicely with a fabulous breeze in the mid-afternoon. well, six o'clock rolls around and the humidity kicks back in.: not a bad race - but i felt like i just couldn't turn my legs around fast enough. my first mile was a 7:00, and i though if i could hold that, i would be pleased. again, i needed to grab water at the halfway mark just to get my mouth wet bc of the heat (i typically don't drink during a race unless my finish time will be over 30 minutes - i've heard it makes no difference) and managed to get a good quantity of water UP my nose, so i spent most of the next mile trying not to choke and die. i did well on hills, passing people on most of the major ones, but otherwise i felt like garbage - just couldn't move enough to close any distances. second mile split was 7:14 and the third was 7:24, with a final finish time of 22:13 according to the official clock. i was 4th in my age group, 40th overall, and the 8th woman. this is the first race that i haven't beat my previous time, so i'm a little bummed : . on the other hand, it would have been an act of god for me to beat my early 5K time today, so i can't complain too much.

the barbeque and pot luck tonight were great - got lots of ideas about upcoming races.

runningmommy - i had never heard that about the tea. i drink it regularly and i don't think i steep it for more than 5 minutes and certainly not covered : i'm in a bit of a bind - i can tell my supply is dropping, but ds is 15 months old and i'm not sure how hard i want to work to maintain it : again. i go back and forth on an hourly basis about this.

cheryl - hope the bike ride went well.

po6 : you are one strong mama

mamabeth - hoses?

and geo - THREE runs : you win, you win.
#124 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate~mom
runningmommy - i had never heard that about the tea. i drink it regularly and i don't think i steep it for more than 5 minutes and certainly not covered : i'm in a bit of a bind - i can tell my supply is dropping, but ds is 15 months old and i'm not sure how hard i want to work to maintain it : again. i go back and forth on an hourly basis about this.
first of all, thank you for the race reports, I love reading those so much!!! You did awesome!! Don't get down on yourself for not beating your time, you did really , really good!! Wow, you are a true inspiration ! (and two races in 36 hours, )

re:the tea, I found it to be really helpful for me. But did hear that to get the full benefits of the herbs, you need to make it to box instructions, so there may be differetn instructions out there. I know when I drank it, I boiled water on the stove (instead of making it in the microwave to ensure it boiled. Iknow you can boil in the mic, but just wanted to make sure), then used a coffee cup and saucer. I poured the boiling water in with the tea bag and covered the cup with it's saucer and set the timer for 15 minutes. I did that three or more times a day.

I also know what you mean about going back and forth on working for the supply, that's totally a personal decision. Do what you are comfortable/happy with. Know that you have given your "little" one wonderful goodness for 15 months, and that's something to really feel good about!! you may still be nursing for long time to come too.

getting on the TM !

Lisa
#125 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 08:41 AM

poppywise wow--just goes to show you. I'm a mess on Mondays; give me a four-day weekend, and I am shredded. Not even reading comprehension.
I can't keep up with all the talk of nursing and pumping...every time it starts, I just start repeating "no more babies, no more babies." Not even kidding. And then I think about what I'd feel like if I were still nursing with running...I don't think I'd have kept with it if I'd had to do both. Cheers to all you impressive mamas who manage it all, plus all your other life stuff (like waking in the middle of the night to deliver babies, just as an example).

I didn't manage my intended 8 yesterday either. I got busy digging the house out after the extended weekend, and then baked a dozen rounds of bread (quite literally "daily bread" in our Moroccan hybrid house)...made it down to the TM in time to watch a little "America's Got Talent" (holy gag) and run 4 before corralling my short people into the shower--which is, by the way, a big kid thing. Over the weekend, my 2.5yo dd was over heard telling her 8yo cousin the many ways she is a big girl, including underpants and showers.
My FIL broke his leg. From what dh can gather over the phone, he tripped while going outside to wash (see how great it is to not have running water, ILs? See? : ), tumbled downhill on rocky terrain, and apparently in the process, his patella went blammo. He's mid-70s...this is going to be a really hard winter for him, unless he moves into town from the village. Ugh.

Another aside, I'm reading Physical: An American Checkup by James McManus. Quite political, smartly written, funny even when infuriating, and good.

kate~mom, what a race anyway! How awesome, you fasties, to be the ones people say, "did you see THAT one?" about. I mean, maybe they say that about me, too, but in reference to my momentum-defying lack of speed.:

So, since I ran short yesterday, I will run longer today. This AM. It will be good.

Lisa, I have a serious potbelly this week, too. I was just discussing it a couple days ago with a friend. I *hope* I am holding onto water, because my weight has not been very encouraging, even in spite of my general adherence to the New Deal. Regardless, it just gets clearer all the time to me that, no matter what we weigh, or where we are with respect to our "ideal weight," or our fitness levels, or size, we can find fault there. I tend to focus on my body issues when something else feels like failure. My misery loves company, so I rake all my failings into a big pile and wallow there. I am truly happy to have learned over the past year or so that being at a certain weight really doesn't solve all your problems. I mean, going from obesity to just a little overweight solves many problems, but it leaves the tougher ones for me.
#126 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 09:20 AM

Kate~mom- I stopped pumping about the age of your ds with my ds. At 2 he's still nursing before bed and when he gets up. It's a hard moment but I enjoy the relationship so much more now that I don't have to stress about it. Awesome on the two races!!

PO6- How wonderful and amazing to have such a supportive partner. Hope you are able to get some answers soon and find some peace. Your are right you have the rest of your life to get back to running.

BBM- I am sooo in awe of your running right now. You totally rock, slow, woggy or otherwise.

ND- Hope that foot is feeling better!! Soo super cool abou the Air America interview! What fun!

GrnMtnMama- Hope the eczema is doing better. Dp has it and I suspect ds will probably have problems too. Those flareups are the worst.

Eks- I always get a bit sore after a race. Never during training(at least not since the first weeks of getting back into it). A lot of the time it is no recovery run/transition that is the culprit. If it was knees or other pain that wouldn't be cool but it's usually just soreness. I figure it is the price of running this fast.

Mamabeth- Oh I am so jealous you ran the Peachtree! One of these years I will come back down and do it. Although I can't imagine running in ATL heat again even though I did it for years. Congrats on shaving off 4mins from your time!!

Poppy- Hope you got out there and ran! I hate the transition between new houses! When do you think you all will be getting into your new home?

CherylAnn- Woohoo on the Century goal! Now that I am getting into biking that is one of my longer term goals. I'm hoping next summer to do it. I really love the feeling of riding. COmpletely different than running but in a good way. Hope those walks turn into runs for you soon. It is such a mental battle to get back in when you've been out. YOu'll get to the right mental place soon I'm sure!

1jooj- I totally concur that losing the weight doesn't solve everything. I think in some ways that is why things have come to a head with dp. They had been grumbling below the surface for years but until I got to a place where I was happy with myself it was easier to focus on my weight than my other real issues. Good job getting out there!

cReb- Yay no stress fracture!! Remember slow and easy! You'll be back befor eyou know it. I love the marathon ticker on the blog!

NurseLaurie- It is like starting over. Just take it one day and a few minutes at a time. I only ran for time, not distance for the first two months after I got back into it. Started with 10-15 minutes and went from there. Sometimes run-walk. Just keep plugging away and you'll be back in shape before you know it!

: Patti Ann, Moonshine, flitters, wawoof, pumpkinseed, balancin1, DrJen, Anthansor, Kpinny, Kerc, Geo & everyone else!

No running yesterday, just a short bike ride. I had to learn how to fix a flat on my own which was interesting I was suppose to get up and run this morning but I am fighting a cold and figured an extra hour+ of sleep was more important. Hopefully I can sneak one in this evening. I'm going to attempt to get up and run with the uber early morning crowd in the neighboorhood tomorrow. They meet at 4:55am: We'll see.
#127 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 10:26 AM

nurselaurie--I'm assuming you're the new mama in my neighborhood? it really is like starting over...I just did it a few months ago and it just takes a while, esp with nursing (the boob kind, not the helping sick people kind!). Maybe I'll see ya out there.

2bb thinking about ya...how are things with your dp? I will try to check your blog....love the poetry. I used to write once upon a time.

kate-mom, you are so speedy! I can't believe it! go mama...it does sound tough to do two in that short of time though. : yes, hoses. all along the course. they are great usually bc it's about a bajillion degrees, but this year they were impossible to avoid, and really strong.

oh and wawoof, my ds also will drink whatever is in a bottle. He drank like 10 oz while I was gone at the race (my whole pathetic stash ) and I know he didn't "need" that much, just probably wanted to suck and to have some comfort, even though my dh was wearing him most of the time. But you are doing what you can though mama and you are doing great just by pumping what you can!

1jooj--hope you got your run in mama! and I KWYM too about the weight thing. This time around I am not so thrilled with my body...when I first lost it was like, "woo hoo, a new size!" and now it's like, "eh, look at that belly." sucks but you can always do what I do and dig up those before pics.

take care mamas, must go finish crazy sermon.
#128 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 12:35 PM

Wow, I've been trying to keep up with this thread but somehow by the time I finish reading I'm out of time to respond or I've become totally confused about who's pumping and who's racing : so I'm not even going to attempt personals today.
This week was the first week that I missed a run, I switched my Tuesday to yesterday and doubled up with pilates. It was fine since this is a backing off week but I felt like a lame-o for getting off schedule.
I'm also getting pretty frustrated with my weight. It just doesn't seem to be budging and I feel like I've stepped up my level of activity so significantly that I should be seeing that spare tire deflating in no time, you know? So I keep telling myself, 'nine months to put it on, nine months to take it off' but this time around that isn't much comfort. I'm beginning to think about doing Atkins again since with dd1 that combined with excercise really made all the difference in the world. However, I'd prefer to just keep eating a healthy balance but it just seems to be taking forever. Oh well, enough rant.

On the nursing side, dd seems to have really and truly weaned at last. She's 4 and 8 months and at long last I realized that she hasn't even asked for mommy milk in about a month! Even though I'd been encouraging her to stop for a while the end still snuck up on me. I wonder if that has any effect on my weight? I'd have expected it to help me shed pounds but maybe not? I guess it's another big metabolic event, maybe I should use it as an excuse eh?
Well, that's all for now, as usual I've run out of time and by the time Iget back there will be another 4 pages to catch up on! Yikes!

Have a good one everyone!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#129 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Hi mamas... continuing my thoughts about sweating :, this morning I attempted to calculate my sweat rate. I weighed myself in the buff, ran for basically an hour, and weighed myself again before I drank anything. It's a rough estimate, because I got rained on, so my hair was wetter than normal, and obviously it wasn't as hot as normal, but I had lost 1.5-2 lbs. I figure my sweat rate on a more normal summer day must be about 32 oz. per hour. That at least puts into perspective why I need to drink so much.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#130 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 01:36 PM

Oh thanks mamas for the thoughts on the headaches...I thought I was drinking enough but probably not but I think the real culprit is the electrolyte/salt loss. I really don't like gatorade or any of the sports drinks so tend to drink little to none of them. I think I need to at least have some after a race and lots more water. The races I felt the worst after were the ones I didn't drink any sports drink now that I think back.

Just went for a lovely 1.5 mile walk on my lunch hour. So nice to get out of the building. And used my coffee frequenter card to get my free cup. Yummy!
#131 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 01:39 PM

Doesn't Vitamin Water count as an electrolyte drink? I think Gatorade is but think VW is yummy.
#132 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Vitamin Water *is* yummy... you might also try Recharge... it has a little bit different taste from the "-ade" sports drinks.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#133 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 01:57 PM

hi mamas. following along, but not much to contribute as i can't do anything. typing is difficult still even though swelling and pain have gone down. i'm ready for the next stage of this - when all the skin falls off.

type to you later when hands are better.
#134 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 02:36 PM

another vote for vitamin water. i also find that i can tolerate gatorade better if i water it down a bit - probably not the best idea for super long runs, but good for everything else. we buy the tubs of the powder and mix it in nalgene bottles to whatever strength we feel like.

did 5.2 today - planned on going nice and slow, just to stretch out after the past two days. the weather was perfect for running - not too bright, with a bit of a breeze. i went about 30 seconds per mile slower than the pace at which that runner's world training calculator (which was GREAT, reb! ) recommended i train - just fine for today.

grnmt - hope your recovery is speedy.
#135 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 02:37 PM

goodness, grnmtnmama!!! I sure hope you are on the mend soon, that sound painful!! anything we can do for ya?? wish we all lived in one big community and could come right over!!
#136 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 03:00 PM

another vote for vitamin water or diluted gatorade. Regular strength gatorade makes my stomach turn. At my ski race this spring they served warmed gatorade (ok not that brand, some other brand sports drink which I have forgotten the name of), which turns out I can handle gatorade type beverages better at close to my body temperature.

writing is going exceedingly well today. knock on wood. big run planned with two girls this evening. May change to a bike ride to collect produce, we'll see. My office keys are missing they will appear. In the meantime I'm nomadic in my work: public library, university lib, computer lab, coffee shop. Working for me now.

grnmtn: is the excema related to stress? i.e. the stress you felt a month ago in getting the trade show together?

#137 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 04:45 PM

Yet another vote for diluting the gatorade or drinking vitamin water. Also, clif has some electrolyte chews that I actually kinda like and trader joe's has a sports drink that is pretty good.

No run today and I am bummed but I did swim laps last night in the pool at the Y and I'm feeling good about that. I finally left DD with the babysitter there and it felt good to be able to do my own thing even though DH was working late, I had a lot more patience all evening. I only left her for 30 mins and she was starting to look for me when I came back, but I think once she gets used to it it will be a nice thing to have inserted into our weekly routine. The only thing I worry about is that the kids who are there sometimes play kinda rough, but I like the woman who watches the kids so if I think it will be an issue maybe I can just talk to her.
#138 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 04:48 PM

Oh and Eks, that's a lot of sweat! Have you all seen this calculator? I thought I was drinking lots of water until it told me I need 130 some oz per day!
#139 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 04:59 PM

Wow this thread is movin...

Nurse Laurie- I would make sure your shoes fit properly before you start any new exersise routine as feet change with pregnacy, and I double the wit until at least 6weeks and lacation is truly established

Wawoof- I'm sure if anybody has mentioned this, amazing advice but i'm reading and posting a few days late- but- if you are concerned about supplimenting with Formula- you could consider straight cows, goats milk IF babe is older then six months. Just a thought.

Bought Trek 7.3 hybid bike yesteday. I just can't take the pounding on my joints daily. I really wanted a true road bike, but this was more affordable, and versitle.
#140 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 05:04 PM

Oh my

The water calculator indicates that I need 2.9L a day- I'm good to get in 1L!
#141 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 06:01 PM

That says I need 3.9 liters a day! Holy cow ladies, I'd have to move my office to the bathroom if I was to drink that much water!

But hey, maybe I'll give it a shot, could it help me lose weight? Am I grasping for straws here?

Today has been good. Dh and I had another therapy session and we seem to have moved beyond our grievances with each other and on to how to make ourselves more interested and interesting by finding things to do that matter to us (not that making breakfast on autopilot isn't fulfilling ). But it was really nice to come out feeling like we are sort of out of the woods you know? Then we had a nice run through the botanical gardens which is just beautiful. Sadly there is a reservoir up there that is supposed to be filling up at this time of year but instead of being full of water it is full of the most beautiful wild flowers. Of course, you can't drink wild flowers so that's a drag, but it was pretty in a surreal way.
Anyway, time to get a move on again.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#142 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 08:15 PM

i need 113 ounces of water - with my conservative estimate of 60 min of physical activity (i didn't count running after the kids ) and only 2 cups of caffeinated beverages. so far i'm 2/3 of the way there for the day.
#143 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 08:29 PM

yep, mine said 3.7 liters, or "only" 3 liters if I eat a healthy diet. um, not today so far....so I guess I should keep on chugging.

I was planning on trying to get out the peachtree kinks tomorrow with a short run but dh has a breakfast meeting, so don't know if it's going to happen. oh well, maybe Saturday.

completely OT, I am really hating how my last few weeks at work are turning out. It is almost physically painful to see how everything is sort of falling apart as soon as I announced I was leaving. I may go back into therapy over this whole thing, and I definitely need to do yoga which has functioned as therapy for me in the past. speaking of, shantimama, what's up?
#144 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 08:32 PM

According to that calculator, I need 4.7L, or 155oz of water/day. I think I probably am getting that on days I spend sitting at my desk, guzzling water. I thought I might be drinking excessive water, but I guess not. I probably don't drink enough at home, because our home filtered water (PUR tap filter) doesn't taste as good as the cold spring water we have at work (Sierra Springs).

Pumping today has been about the same as yesterday. I'm guessing I'll have about 10oz after my last pumping session. AF is just finishing, I've added an early afternoon pumping, I'm drinking water and mothers milk tea nonstop at work, and I'll pump at night if DS doesn't nurse nonstop from the moment I get home with him (like he did last night), so I'm hoping my yield will increase. Also, I'm having DCP offer DS solid food at ever meal/snack time, hoping that will fill him up a bit. Thanks for all your advice and generosity

Had a great run this morning. Felt kind of hard during, but weather was cooler, and I figured out on the calculator afterward that we (me and DH) did about 9:30 miles for almost 6 miles. Yay! We're going to keep running in the morning (from work) because it's much cooler. BTW, my favorite sports drink is Acclerade, and recovery drink is Endurox R4. They have a little protein in addition to the carbs, and don't make me sick. The orange Accelerage tastes like a dreamsicle - YUM! And it's gotten me through multiple ultra-trail runs (pre-children), so I swear by it.

Here's the article I mentioned the other day on running in the heat.

Happy running mamas!
#145 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 09:01 PM

yep, eczema is probably stress related. anxiety too. i have both of those.

wawoof - it's okay to supplement with formula. it's not poison and it's betterr to have a baby have a formula bottle 1x per day than a mama who is stressed about making every drop. i started to supplement when ds was 6 months because i couldn't run and pump enough. i think we used similac dairy based. it was expensive and i'm glad it was only for supplementing, but better than making myself crazy.
#146 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 11:17 PM

Ran 4.4 miles with a nasty developing head cold but felt good. Had to attend my cousins baby shower who is having an incredibly medicalized pregnancy and most likely birth for no reason. Just gets under my skin. Not even thinking about breastfeeding. Doc pushed her due date up two weeks b/c the babe was measuring big on the ultrasound, which really ticks me off as we know how accurate ultrasounds are. Mostly because I know she is one to be bit*hing to get that baby out early(she already is and she's not due until Sept) and I am predicting a c-section for failure to progress and a nicu stay for baby not ready to come out. I ignored the baby registry and got her the Dr. Sears baby book.
#147 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 11:50 PM

oh man, I'm behind.
Mamabeth, you look outstanding. Those photos (before and after) are incredible, you skinny thing.
Despite there not being any gnomes, that race sounds like a blast. FUN!

I have never been able to breastfeed, so I have nothing to add to all of that..my tatas don't work. I had a breast reduction surgery a million years ago and the tubing isn't hooked up anymore. But if you want to know about massive amounts of spit up, formula experimentation, and soy formula babies...i can help. you have not seen a spitting-up baby until you've seen one that i've made.

The hip was still bothering and I was afraid of what a real run would do to it again... so tonight i ran an easy 2.5 miles, then jumped on the bike and did 8 miles averaging 20 miles per hour. That was a fun workout, with the two different 'sports' in there... and I think that was a good workout, right? I don't know. It's so hard to judge with cycling. I just know how many miles and what pace RUNNING is a good workout for me.

You know what's funny? (not funny ha-ha, just funny) Elksmom is in my database for work!! She works at a place that is a member of the organization i am an inside rep for. she could call me with work questions and it would be legit! I could get paid to talk to her!!!

Regarding the hip...I'm second guessing Dr Marathon and not feeling so good about him. So, okay, he determines that I do not have a stress fracture...but he didn't diagnose what is going on and still sent me out back to running..... isn't that odd?
#148 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 11:53 PM

score! I was coming home from our bike ride over to pick up our CSA share and I happened to go past someone's house who was, get this, THROWING AWAY A KOOL_STRIDE double jogger!!! It needs some work (on the rear wheel), but hey it'll either serve us well or make us some $$ via ebay.

#149 of 830 Old 07-06-2006, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerc
score! I was coming home from our bike ride over to pick up our CSA share and I happened to go past someone's house who was, get this, THROWING AWAY A KOOL_STRIDE double jogger!!! It needs some work (on the rear wheel), but hey it'll either serve us well or make us some $$ via ebay.
shut UP! kerc, that is the best luck ever! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
#150 of 830 Old 07-07-2006, 12:09 AM

rm - thanks for the blessed thistle tip

kerc - thanks for all the pumping tips and generosity! wtg with the great writing day!! and awesome about the free jogger!!!

kate~mom - wtg with the speedy races! and thanks for your mellowness about supply issues - i need some of that chill pill. i stopped pumping at 12mo with E, so you're doing great in my book

1jooj - you're so right about not being satisfied no matter what our weight. even when i was anorexic and amennhoreic and simultaneously running track and playing soccer in high school, i didn't like the way my legs looked. and i remember being dissatisfied with how my legs looked on the day i won an ultra! body satisfaction is so mental. jeesh.

2bb - 4:55am???? wow

plady - i understand your frustration about weight. i've plateaued and even re-gained up to 5lb several times this postpartum, and it's so frustrating and great news about the therapy progress!

grnmtnmama - sorry about your eczema. thanks for the mellow perspective about formula. i'm working to accept what my body can do, even if it isn't quite optimal.

balancin - yay for you finding a way to swim!

annelizabeth - thanks for the suggestion, but i'll probably go with formula if i need to supplement, unless ds turns out to be allergic to it

mamabeth - wtg in the peachtree! i need to start doing yoga again too.

creb - hope your hip continues to improve despite the bozo marathon doc...

planning either a bike ride or brick tomorrow depending on how i feel.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page