pre- and pre-pre-baby Fitness Tribe for NMY! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-13-2006, 03:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I completed one workout DVD -- my goal was 3.

I took one walk -- my goal was 7. But it was sunny out and I think it (the sun) was good for me (my mood). Long lunch hours rock!

I didn't eat nearly as much junk as I felt like eating. But I did have, e.g., 2 cookies on Wednesday = in excess of my 75 calories allocation for sweets. DH, who is on his own lose weight campaign, criticized me tonight for eating sorbet. : I was like, at least it's not ice cream! Several times this week I wanted to go buy junk food and was deterred only because, e.g., it was raining cats and dogs out, the movie was about to start, etc. No conscientious choices here. I told you that I received devastating news 2 weeks ago and last week I was so proud of myself because I didn't turn to food for comfort. Now I realize that the urge wasn't there because I was still in shock -- now that the sadness is starting to sink in, it is coming in spades.

For those reasons, I am not stepping on the scale right now -- I do not want to know!

For next week, I am leaning toward lightening up on the dietary restrictions and just focusing on the exercising. In the short term, foods DO comfort me; and in the short term, exercise DOES make me happy. Feel free to tell me if throwing out food restrictions is something I will regret later -- I just feel very overwhelmed right now and like looking only at the short term (breaking off the big scary future into short chunks) is the way to stay sane.

So I want to exercise every day. That is my goal for next week. Short and sweet and scientifically proven to produce those happy brain chemicals I sorely need right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2006, 04:35 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hay Maela!

Capoeira is an Afro-Brazilian Martial art that I train in. Its really fun, it incorporates defense, dance, singing, and instruments all in one! I hope to be able to have my future kids train with me one day.

But capoeira is PERFECT to help me get in shape since you are pushing your own weight and doing lots of cardio the entire time (constant movement).

Here's the school I will attend http://www.capoeirabrasiltempe.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maela View Post
BrownLioness! Nice to see you here!

What is Capoeira?

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
Old 11-13-2006, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
For next week, I am leaning toward lightening up on the dietary restrictions and just focusing on the exercising. In the short term, foods DO comfort me; and in the short term, exercise DOES make me happy. Feel free to tell me if throwing out food restrictions is something I will regret later
I think that's a brilliant idea, and very sensible as well.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:08 AM

Piepie I TTA with your reasoning. In the long term stress in unhealthy for you.

Brown lioness- Glad you made it over here

upsidedown.gif Charlie~ partners.gif Married to my best friendheartbeat.gif 5/11 slingboy.gif Mama to my Teddy Bear Rainbow.gif 7/12  pos.gif Due with #2 stork-suprise.gif 6/14
Old 11-13-2006, 01:31 PM

Quote:
to witchygrrl and just_isabel

tied up in a bow

Thank you and thanks to others for their good vibes! My cold is almost gone, just kinda lingering in there, ya know? I did a TON of walking around this weekend, with good company. I live across the street from a college campus, and finally got to go check it out! It's so beautiful!

I have been eating fairly healthy. Just found out where the Trader Joe's was, and stocked up on a few things. Money is now tighter than we thought for this winter, so I'm glad the larder is full of good things, not garbage (ok, beyond the mac and cheese )

Come ponder with me about food!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:32 PM

Brown Lioness:

Capoeira is so cool! I've always enjoyed watching it! My martial arts experience is limited to about a year of Tae Kwon Do, though.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lioness View Post
Hay Maela!

Capoeira is an Afro-Brazilian Martial art that I train in. Its really fun, it incorporates defense, dance, singing, and instruments all in one! I hope to be able to have my future kids train with me one day.

But capoeira is PERFECT to help me get in shape since you are pushing your own weight and doing lots of cardio the entire time (constant movement).

Here's the school I will attend http://www.capoeirabrasiltempe.com/
That looks like so much fun! I'm jealous!

PiePie - I think it's great that you're modifying your goals to what works for you right now. Breaking things up makes things easier to handle. I bet you'll feel so good after exercising 7 days in a row! And .

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
Old 11-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Banned

i wrote in the danskin triathlon post that i'm starting up training for that. so, i went swimming today--first time in months--and it was enjoyable. i'll go for my usual evening walk in a few minutes (4 miles)--though i'm going to change that to running in a few weeks (once i get a pattern of swimming going). when i get my period, i'll start the biking part.

so, that's fun.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:43 AM

Good for you, zoebird! I have a friend who does tris -- she is a total convert to cross-training.

I just wanted to brag for a minute. Not only did I go for a walk today (kicked around in wet leaves -- love that smell!!), but I also completed a workout video!
Old 11-15-2006, 01:50 AM

well, it's been a pretty chaotic week, but i did pretty good job.

i missed three days at the gym between travel and bringing the new doggy home!

i did great with my nutritional goals and vitamins and whatnot. honestly, i think there were a few days were i really didn't eat anything thanks to the stress.

i really, REALLY need to work on my water consumption. i am failing there miserably.

best part of the week, aside from the dog of course, was losing another 1.5 pounds which puts me at a grand total of 9 pounds in three weeks. woo-hoo! thank you coconut oil and breakfast!

worst part of the week was actually today (i know that doesn't really count, but i may as well throw it in there). i had an ob-gyn appt today and got some really crummy news. not end of the world news, just made me cry in front of a stranger while mostly naked with a paper blanket on my lap news.

i am increasingly thankful that my new dog is here. between longs walks, cuddling, and obsessing over training, i can almost forget ttc/infertility woes for several hours a day.

the plan is to get back on the gym track tomorrow. so hopefully the rest of this week will be better.

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
Old 11-15-2006, 01:55 AM

mosesface:
Old 11-15-2006, 02:12 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
All right, since I have been doing fairly well with my goals (besides water, that is), I am adding a few more on. The new ones are red and have no results because I just started keeping track of them this week.

My Goals
  • Drink at least 64oz. (1,92L) of water/day - 4/7 days
  • Pre-conception workout 3 days/week - 3/3 days
  • Cardio 3 days/week - 3/3 days
  • Yoga 1 day/week - 1/1 days
  • 100 Kegels/day
  • Take B Complex Vitamin every day

Not much new to report on at all. I am trying a new system to keep track of water, kegels, and vitamins, all of which I have been inconsistent on lately. So, hopefully, I will be able to up my water to 6/7 for next week (I already missed one)

I am on day 24 in a row of exercising!!! I just need to keep with it tomorrow through Saturday and I will reach my goal of an entire month!

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Old 11-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Banned

did 6 miles of walking yesterday--with a bit of running tossed in, probably in 1/2 or 1/4 mile stints during the 3 and 4 miles.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all!

I haven't ran this week, or done any real sport, other than walking as much as I could. But today I got my money so I went to a sports store and bought a training suit, good enough running shoes and a waist bag with place for 2 half liter water bottles. I'd go out and run im my new stuff right now, but I have to stay home till about 5pm (30 more min) because I'm waiting for a delivery and by then it'll be dark, so I don't know if I'll go out.
But I'm really excited about my running gear. Yeah, I know, consumerism isn't great, but having that stuff is really motivating for me : and I need all the help I can get to start moving and losing weight. Now I have officially NO excuse to not go out and run: there is a nice park right in front of my house and I have approriate clothing (no more thinking "but I'll get too cold/too hot/it'll be too heavy/blah blah blah") AND a good way to carry water with me. Now only rain can stop me .

The bad news is that I don't think I'll go out today because I'm stuck here till it gets dark, and I have a very busy day tomorrow, so I have to wait for sunday to start jogging. :
Old 11-17-2006, 02:06 PM

Argh! I've been gone for too long. I need to catch up on all of the posts from after September. So, I figured I'd just jump in here. *waves* I'm back.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:53 PM

Ms Helena:

Just_Isabel: Let's start running together! I would like to try to start on Saturday. If I do it then, you have to try Sunday, OK?
Old 11-17-2006, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Just_Isabel: Let's start running together! I would like to try to start on Saturday. If I do it then, you have to try Sunday, OK?
YES!
I just put my cool outfit on and ran to the supermarket to buy a salad I ran for 2 min and I got almost out of air!

If I don't have time Sat after work/before I need to go out again, I'll run Sunday morning. I soooooooo need to get rid of my extra blubber.

Welcome back
MsHelena! Did you manage to maintain your weight while on your vacation?
Old 11-17-2006, 04:19 PM

I worked out Monday morning but have been bad since. Officially going for a walk right now. Go me.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Ms Helena:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Isabel View Post
Welcome back MsHelena! Did you manage to maintain your weight while on your vacation?
Thanks! I actually lost a few pounds because of the jet lag. I didn't manage to follow my plan at all, though. : Fair enough, I guess. Time to start again.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:37 PM

I think that I am going to leave this thread, and see if there are any health/fitness threads out there for pg ladies. Thank you so much everyone for the fitness support though. I had a lot of fun. Good luck!

ETA: I was just reading the first page and it says that this thread is for fitness before TTC. All this time, I never paid attention! I wasn't even supposed to be here in the first place! I'm so embarrassed. Hope you guys didn't mind.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maela View Post
ETA: I was just reading the first page and it says that this thread is for fitness before TTC. All this time, I never paid attention! I wasn't even supposed to be here in the first place! I'm so embarrassed. Hope you guys didn't mind.
my mistake. I'll change that. I'm glad you were a part of this thread, but I hope not to see you here anymore . (Because you'll be for the next 9 months and then a mama! )
Old 11-17-2006, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Isabel View Post
my mistake. I'll change that. I'm glad you were a part of this thread, but I hope not to see you here anymore . (Because you'll be for the next 9 months and then a mama! )
Thanks Isabel for the good wishes. I hope I don't have to come here anymore too!

Old 11-17-2006, 08:11 PM

Maela, I'm TTC, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is who totally benefits from this thread. Happy for your BFP! Can't wait to hear about your fit mama routines!
Old 11-17-2006, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Maela, I'm TTC, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is who totally benefits from this thread. Happy for your BFP! Can't wait to hear about your fit mama routines!
I'm sorry, it was my mistake when I wrote that part of the first post. I already corrected it, and I updated Maela's status (see bottom of the first post ). All NMY (anyone who's not a mother yet, may post to the NMY thread or not) are welcome. And all "upgraded" soon-to-be-mamas are welcome to come say hi too .
Old 11-18-2006, 01:28 AM

Oh Maela how bittersweet to see you go :

Congratulations on the upgrade though

upsidedown.gif Charlie~ partners.gif Married to my best friendheartbeat.gif 5/11 slingboy.gif Mama to my Teddy Bear Rainbow.gif 7/12  pos.gif Due with #2 stork-suprise.gif 6/14
Old 11-18-2006, 03:24 PM

Congrats Maela for your BFP-how very exciting!!!

I forgot to update yesterday, but it was my first time dragging my butt to the gym in about a month. I went with DH, which was good, and I makde sure to drink lots of water all day. So I'm feeling better about myself now.

My chiro was on vacation for a week, though, and even though I had an appt yesterday, I feel like I have lost so much ground already. Anyone have experiences like that?

Old 11-19-2006, 02:05 AM

witchygrrl: congrats on going to the gym!
Old 11-19-2006, 04:52 AM

I don't even want to check in I did so bad this week. : The good news is I have a plan to do MUCH better next week. I just need to actually stick to it. I'm still trying though!

Old 11-19-2006, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats on going to the gym witchygrrl! Now you just have to make sure you go back - not like me, who went swimming exactly once and never again. :

Charlene: You can do better next week, I know it! :

PiePie: Did you go running? I'm going today, when I'm really awake. (Right now only about half is, the rest is still asleep ).

Question about running: How much should I eat/drink before? How long should I wait after eating before running?
Old 11-19-2006, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Well... I walked more than I jogged, but it was a good beginning.

I just got back from a very nice hour in the Donaupark it was so beautiful with all the fallen leaves and the fog. I wish I had taken my camera with me to show you all. There are even animals there, I had no idea - some sheep and gaots and 2 ponies and 2 donkeys.

So I ran for about 5 min, then walked 10- 15 min, 4 times. I just stopped once to "talk" with one of the little goats they were really cute.

I'll try to go there tomorrow again to take pictures, maybe run a bit more.

It was really funny to be walking/jogging around in a tank top (I got so hot!) while everyone else was in thick jackets. But it really wasn't that cold, we had about 12ºC (53,6F).

User Tag List