WITCH way are you running, mama? (Running Mamas October) - Page 31 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#901 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Karen is a skunk.
#902 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I finished Ollie's costume last night trick or treating is today this thing has like 10 1/2 hours in it. I didn't think I could pull it off lol
http://www.xanga.com/JanessaK
#903 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 01:48 PM

So cute, great job next time I'll ask you for costume ideas your's was ALOT faster then mine lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz View Post
Karen is a skunk.
#904 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 02:20 PM

The skunk was Karen's idea. Distilling it down to "the essence of skunk" was necessity.
#905 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 02:27 PM

cute skunk. here's my little ghost.

looking a little ugly outside. and talk about ugly, you should see my to-do list. time to crack the whip.
#906 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 03:59 PM

Erin is a bat. Leah is a recycled giraffe (I had the costume from Erin's days -- I purchased it then). Pics to follow. We went to Erin's nursery school parade this morning (30 kids, dressed in costume, parading through two rows of chairs, quite cute). She woke up and was dying to put on her costume (black pants, black shirt, cap I made and poncho-style set of wings).

Shanti: can you make a little pod for dd on the floor? When dd1 went through a sleep with the family phase this summer Erik made a little bed for her on the floor.

Everyone else I forgot what you said already. I need to get some research done, so I have to run too. Happy Halloween.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#907 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 04:12 PM

I made the apple pumpkin muffins already and they are so good and not too sweet yum
#908 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi Ladies,

I tend to be the drive-by poster, as I can never keep up with this thread.

I need some serious motivation!!! I am having a very hard time. :

2 months ago I was running 3-4 miles, 4-5 days a week and loving it. I was also cross-training with the bike and getting in some strength training.

NOW, I can barely get in 2 miles, 2 days a week. I am exhausted, unmotivated, sad (my partner just left a few weeks ago for a work assignment in Japan for 4 months--he was also my running partner. ) and am crazy busy with grad school and student teaching.

My running has always helped my mental sanity, in addition to giving me energy to survive my busy day and have extra for ds. P

My conditioning stinks now. I feel like I have to start from the bottom AGAIN and work my way up to where I was and want to be with my running.

Am I the only one this has happened to? If not, how do you pull yourself out of the running funk?

[I am sitting here now, fully dressed in my running gear, but cannot seem to motivate myself to get out the damn door! I just want to curl up in bed.]
#909 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 04:42 PM

Went for a good 4.5 mile run yesterday. It felt really good-and some nice stretching afterwards.
We went to Halloween Storytime this morning. It was an all ages thing-so we were in the larger community room-K was a no -go-screamed hysterically the second we walked in there-so we walked out in the hall-then she said she wanted to go back in-we were in for a few seconds-then hysterical again-so we just went to the kids section and read books-she had fun there. I felt so bad for her. While we were at home eating lunch I asked her why she was upset at the library and she said "mrs. X (the librarian) was scary"-she was dressed up in this very cool elaborate witches outfit-not scary green faced witch-just very festive-but my poor baby was scared. I don't know why I am surprised by these things-she is such an outgoing aggressive little girl-but tends to freak out about some very interesting stuff that don't seem to bother most kids. Another time-we were at this outdoor festival with a clown doing all kinds of activities-k was loving it until the clown took hamsters and put them into these wheel things-she lost it because she was SO concerned about the hamsters
So we will see how this afternoon goes-we are going to our neighborhood halloween gathering. I think we will skip out on the party later on where they go search for the ghost of "our street name"-everyone said its fun, but I think it might be too much for her this year.
Hope everyone is having a good day!
#910 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 04:46 PM

Heather-you are in your clothes-get out there-as a wisewoman on this board likes to say (aka mamabeth don't think-just run!
Just get out the door-and start with just telling yourself to just go for a few minutes!
#911 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 04:47 PM

Heather!

Just GO!
#912 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 05:10 PM

heather, get out there and "just do it" ! you'll thank yourself later, I promise!! we've all gone through that time where our motivation is low.
#913 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 05:11 PM

Hola ladies!

RR: 9 miles on the tm this am, kept getting faster as the time went on to get done. my alarm was turned all the way down this morning so I got up a half an hour late, which put me on the TM late. I dont' like starting the day so far behind, but glad to get the run in. This is a lower mileage running week. So it's a little wierd. It's actually the week in the Pfitz training that I had to stop due to pain with my S-I joint. So, feeling good that I'm still running.

If anyone has a copy of the Pfitz half marathon plan, I'd love to see a copy. My library doesn't have the book. I can view it online, but for somereason, I can't piece it all together to make sense to me and print it out. maybe I'm just dumb.

NRR: went to the grocery today, took two hours instead of the normal hour and we spent twice as much. I don't know why. We did fiddle around more than usual, I just didnt' feel like rushing and the boys were having fun with some Halloween items. now it's time for dishes, finishing putting up the groceries, laundry, ............uh fell asleep on the couch with ds2.

ds1 is batman
ds2 is teenage mutant ninja turtle
ds3 is either tigger or a duck, letting him decide tonight.
#914 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
We've got two fairy princesses, one Lord Voldemort, and one crazy-costume- wearing dad here. And one Mama who is home handing out candy and enjoying some MDC time. And knitting.
#915 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 10:48 PM

we have two bumblebees here.
#916 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 11:14 PM

You all have the cutest kids! I wish they would all show up for trick-or-treating at my door.

DH is off doing a haunted house with his buddies for the Air Force, so I'm just chilling out at home.

I just popped in to share the news about my DH's interview at Banta. He did well on his technical interview via phone and he will be traveling to WI for a in person interview tomorrow. They are putting him up in a hotel for a night, and they said he could come any time within the next 3 weeks. I'm thinking that's a good sign, but we don't want to jinx ourselves.

Happy Halloween!!!

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#917 of 923 Old 10-31-2006, 11:29 PM

My princess and frog...
#918 of 923 Old 11-01-2006, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantimama View Post
dh and I just learned taht a new small gym is opening near our place in a few weeks. I m not a fan of treadmills and gyms, but if it keeps me running, so be it. My lungs are not liking the outdoors much these days. So how do you stay sane running on a treadmill with other people around?

I hate that cold lungs problem. I like running next to others on treadmills because it makes me run faster... the competitive thing. They can never really outrun you though since you remain stationary.
#919 of 923 Old 11-01-2006, 01:11 AM

My Zoe and Halloween portraits of everyone we celebrated with today

And congratulations and best of luck to Mr Jen Love!!!
And you all have gorgeous little ghouls and goblins!!!
#920 of 923 Old 11-01-2006, 10:45 AM

am i the only one who is glad halloween is over? only now we have the fall out of too much candy. we went t/t with a bunch of friends, 4 adults (me, dh, and another married couple). altogether we brought 7 kids. 2 were old enough to take a cell phone and go off together. then i had 3 extra sleep over. my guys were dd14 was supposed to be a 16th century pirate, but changed her mind to young ben franklin b/c no one knew what she was, dd10 was a chef and looked very cute. and ds7 was the black knight from monty python. after t/t the kids,6 of them, spend like an hour and a half trading candy. i have one who is deathly allergic to peanuts, so she trades away all her peanut type stuff. which if you read the package is just about everything. this could be why i am not a big halloween fan. anyway... we walked a ton, does that count as exercise? we walked for about 2 hours.
it is rainy here today. no run as i have to bring 1 to guitar, have a ton of extra kids here and have an appointment at 3, then i need to meet a client at 6, and then i have to go to work. oh my this is going to be a LONG day. hopefully over the weekend i will be able to get a run in. it will get cold here quickly so i guess i will be spending sometime on the tm.
if anyone is going to the nyc marathon, please root and look for the lime green clothed people who have FLOOD written on them with duct tape. my brother-in-law is running in the marathon and a bunch of family are going to cheer him on and his team mates on as well. he is running for a charity that brings running programs to poor inner city kids, i forget the name. thanks
hope everyone is doing well. i feel in a rut, running wise, relationship wise and other wise.
oh well.
peace
michele
#921 of 923 Old 11-01-2006, 10:55 AM

Halloween pics

We had a blast trick-or-treating. It made me remember once again how much I love my neighborhood and the people in it. We have that perfect mix of older people who have lived her for 20-30 years and new families with kids our own kids' ages. It's just perfect. Johanna slept for a good bit of t-o-t'ing. Her costume didn't fit in the Mamabeth MT, so we carried her the whole time and she got so heavy! Dh's brother and his wife and their 5 month old came and went with us. They babies were so cute! The older girls got lots of candy. Dh and I take a commission for taking them trick or treating. He gets Reese's cups and I get the Twix. Mmmm-Twix straight from the freezer. I've already had one this morning.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#922 of 923 Old 11-01-2006, 11:10 AM

Here's the new thread mamas!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#923 of 923 Old 11-02-2006, 03:15 PM

moved to the new thread...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page