WITCH way are you running, mama? (Running Mamas October) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
: to you sweet Gabriel!!
#122 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Gabriel Griffin! : congratulations Patti Ann, the glow of motherhood is stunning.
#123 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 08:42 AM

the photos on the tara marie's blog are amazing. you look beautiful patti ann and what a sweet baby boy :

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#124 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 10:06 AM

: : Little Gabriel!!! Congratulations Patti! You look amazing!

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#125 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 10:18 AM

Those pictures are so amazing! And Gabriel is just so gorgeous, as well as his mama. I am just so relieved and happy and verklempt.

Guys...this may be illegal but I have to share what I did last night. : No, nothing to do with marital bonding, much to dh's dismay. The first picture might look familiar to Ms. Dingo....

oh and HBM, be glad y'all didn't come over for the burritos. They did something BAD to my system, which is unfortunate because we have approximately 1000 of them left.

No running today, but it looks like I am going to get in a semi-long run tomorrow. Maybe 8 miles? And then pick it up again next week with 10. The ILs will be here so I will need it.
#126 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 10:23 AM

MB-that looks great! I'm so excited for you!
You need to make business cards so wearers can carry them in the little front pockets.

#127 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 10:34 AM

HBM makes a good point...also I'd be willing to hand out cards! Especially when I start slinging again I'm going to pm you later with some questions, 'k?
#128 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 10:51 AM

yep, that's in the plan....business cards. Working on it since ds decided to go down for a nap this morning.

BBM--PM away.... I am already planning your Dingo carrier....just let me know favorite colors, etc. Hmmm...I'm going to have to design a pocket in the strap for cards. Or just put them in the front pocket....
#129 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 11:18 AM

Wow mamabeth! I wish I was having another babay so I could wear her/him in one of your carriers! They are gorgeous. I have to make some business cards too - quilts, spiritual direction - how do those go together? Are you making your own business cards or ordering them from someone?
#130 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 11:52 AM

Beth - Your carriers look great!! And I must say, you're looking great too! Hawt skinny woman!

I wish DD would still let me wear her. As soon as she could walk, she was so over being slung. Those "slinging your toddler to help them behave in stores" suggestions are all well and good in theory, but she'll have none of it, despite me wearing her constantly as a baby.

Congrats, Patti!! I loved the pictures on your sister's blog. Enjoy your babymoon.

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#131 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 12:44 PM

Welcome Gabriel!!!!!!!!!! Patti, congrats. You are awesome. Loved the pics. Esp of the one of you leaning over in labor -- you look so strong.

Mamabeth -- what are your thoughts on your MT for a almost 3 yr old? She is around 26 lbs, I think. She does fine walking and we still use the stroller, but there are times when we don't have the stroller and she decides that she is done walking. I lost my Maya in the airport last summer. And I haven't had a carrier since. I have always coveted an Ergo, but since my babies aren't really babies anymore, I couldn't quite justify the cost, even though I know that resale value would be great. Does your soft pack have buckles or is it tied? PM me if you want, as this is getting a bit OT. Oh wait, there is no OT here, right?

For those of you who need business cards, do you know about VistaPrint? They have templates for you to create your own cards and if you get their logo on the back, the cards are free except for shipping. Or you can design your own, or not get their logo and then you pay, but even then it isn't that much. I got mine there (free) and am pretty happy with them. DH got his there too, although he designed his and did them double-sided. Think he paid $40.

I did a longer run than expected today. Dropped the kids off at school and then started my run home. Got about .25 way into it, and realized I had forgotten my keys at school. So did a loop in the park, headed back to school, got keys and then ran home. So it ended up being a bit over 3 miles. Was tired by the end, but it was good.

Ok, off to do something productive with my day.
#132 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonikitaUT View Post
Beth - I must say, you're looking great too! Hawt skinny woman!.
That is what I was thinking, too.
#133 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
eksmom, if Emma Kate asks for the whole world next year...
#134 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 01:37 PM

oh my, such happiness! i'm in an outdoor coffee shop sharing a table with an unknown woman and crying and smiling at the same time.

gabriel griffin, you are here! welcome to the world, sweet baby boy. you are so wanted and so welcomed and so loved all over the world!!! there is a book i love called "on the day you were born" and that book is about yesterday, your birth day, and all the families looking, waiting, wondering, praying, hoping, crossing fingers as they waited for your healing arrival.

the pictures are beautiful, patti. i think he has your lips.

mamabeth, love the mt. you are very talented!

tara marie, i read a beautiful essay by a local mom about why the world needs children with that one extra chromosone. it's a beautiful story and has really taught me a lot. may i share it with you? i love your perspective and thought you might like this story.

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#135 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz View Post
Holy f***amole! : :

Seriously, that is quite impressive. Thanks for the link. But, can you imagine? I'd have to start on it NOW.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#136 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 02:26 PM

WOW. How could you ever EAT a cake like that!?! wow.

mamabeth, your site looks great! I'm seriously tempted... I need to decide if I can rationalize another meitai. (or soft carrier!?!) gosh, the choices!!!

I'm hungry. Time for breakfast.

But first, a truly awful photo of my exhasted self at the end of the last 5K I did. I SO don't understand how all you ladies look so *good* in your race photos! At least ds looks good!

http://www.brightroom.com/view_user_...50&CAT=0&SUB=0

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#137 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 02:30 PM

Loftmama, I would love to read it.

Also, I am going to post about a very special project I am part of soon. It is a book called 'Gifts' and it is scheduled to be for sale on Amazon at the end of this month.

Thank you all for being an important part of my dear sisters circle of friends......the power of woman united is glorious and you all have given her strength and peace over the last year [plus].

Peace and love, Tara Marie
http://www.emmasage.blogspot.com

P.S. I so wish I were going to have another baby, as those carriers you make, mamabeth, are wonderful!
#138 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 03:08 PM

Hello! I am back again-and again missed so much!

Welcome to the world sweet, Gabriel Griffin! He is absolutely beautiful

I skimmed to catch up yesterday. We had a great time at the beach and then at my dh's grandfather's house. It is nice to be home though.

Dr. Jen-so glad you had a great time here in D.C. I never get tired of that view of the Capitol building. It is such a beautiful place-and if you climb the steps-its a beautiful view of the city. There are a lot of road races right in that area-always fun! What was your favorite site while you were here?

Moonshine-very cool Kate Winslet spotting! The only famous people we have here are a bunch of politicians and the occasional actor that has a cause and comes to speak on the Hill.

kate~mom-what muscles-loved the pics. Here are mine-there are only two-there is also a random picture of a guy included whose number was off mine by a thousand-and a funny picture of me crossing the finish line where I realized that I missed under 2 hrs by 3 seconds-I am screaming "argh" with my fists clenched not a good picture, but fitting!

mamabeth-I love the MT's-especially ND's-how cool!! I wish I could use another one I love mine. It is by far the carrier I have gotten the most use out of-I also have a wrap and ring sling that I love.

Tara Marie-thanks for posting the pics-they are beautiful!

I went running this morning for a slow 4.5 miles-it felt good. I then ran into my neighbor at the end of my run who was walking over to the bookstore-so I went with her. It felt good to get a long walk in after the run.

Crebrun-congrats on the half!!! You looked so strong! I love your "new" bike

Hello to everyone!! Hope everyone is having a great fall. I am so glad that I am home and am not going anywhere anytime soon!
#139 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 03:45 PM

Welcome to the world Gabriel Griffin The pictures are amazing, I totally cried while looking at them
#140 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 03:58 PM

I have been grinning all day thinking about Gabriel.......... what a gift he already is in this world.

Just got the new Indigo Girls CD - great energy, should keep me sewing quickly! I just started a new quilt, traditional rather than frayed edge piecing - but when you see it you will see that there is nothing traditional about the colours! I am using a stash of Kaffe Fassett's fabrics - passionate, wild, vibrant colours, mostly reds in this one. It is so much fun!

We are starting to do a little planning around our Chicago trip in November. At this point it looks like I will have the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend open to meet up with any Dingoes are available/interested. The only thing that could change that is if my sweet new niece decides to be born that very day - but I am secreetly hoping she comes a few days before that so I can see her every day of our visit.

Not doing any running this week with my back still so sore. Cycling seems to be good for it, except for the getting on and off the bicycle part. I can't get hold of any massage therapists - they all say they are pretty booked on their answering machines and haven't bothered to call back :
#141 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 04:25 PM

Ahhh, Shanti... I'm so sorry about your back. I hope you can find a massage therapist soon. Or maybe even an acupuncturist? I wonder if that would help.

Great pictures, Flitters & Pumpkinseed! You both look like rockin' runners.

And that cake was unreal.

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#142 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 04:35 PM

Lots of wonderful pictures to look at today. The best are are the new baby pics! Congratulations, Patti! Your little baby G is beautiful. I am envious of the great pics you have of the time around his birth. We weren't that together for either one of our babes.

Love you baby carriers mamabeth, especially that purplish mei tai. you are giving me serious baby carrier lust.

And all the racing pictures are awesome and inspiring to me. I have not run a race since hs and it is hard for me to imagine myself doing it. Seeing those of you who are doing it makes it a little bit easier for me. Thank you.
#143 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 04:38 PM

Yeah, ZeldasMom. I kind of regretted not having any picture of labor/delivery with Karen. I mentioned it to DH and he offered to take a few pictures during E's birth. I thought that sounded like a great idea right up until I went into labor. I offered to shove the camera up you-know-where when he got the camera out. Poor guy can't win.

Now I regret not having pictures until E was ~2 hours old.
#144 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz View Post
Now I regret not having pictures until E was ~2 hours old.
So umm 2.75 hours after you went into labor? :

My doula took pics right as Leah was being born. I think they are so cool. Of course I don't generally pass around pics of myself with no pants on, but they are so neat to have.

And I've been grinning at Gabriel all day. What a sweet name: messenger of God.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#145 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 05:06 PM

PBBBBHHHHHHTTTTTTT
#146 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 05:13 PM

Quote:
OMG it's Discworld!!! Does anyone else love those books?

Mamabeth, Woohoo on your site :

You guys I have to take a minute to brag on Mamabeth's carriers. The top one was the gorgeous rainbow one which my little December baby will ride around in. I am so totally stoked about it and it is not only absolutely beautiful, but it is so perfect for me Beth did such an amazing job and it is such a thoughtful gift, many thanks Beth.

Flitters, I think you look awesome pushing that baby along to the finish line! WTG

Annikahleigh, thank you so much for posting the pictures, I have been going back and looking at them over and over. I am so happy for Patti and your whole family. Congratulations!

Patti, much love, I hope you are resting and drinking in everything about little Gabriel today

Pumpkinseed, that arrgh photo looks totally tough-A$$ I think pics like that are so cool

Shanti, we will have to figure out how to get together that weekend. It will be one week before my due date, how exciting is that?

Hi Zelda's Mama, are you enjoying the amazing weather. Mr. D went running yesterday and said he almost conked out from the heat But it was gorgeous. I don't have any pics of labor either. This time I am determined to have some video and some pics.

Mamas, my yoga yesterday was amazing. I was thinking of Patti the whole time and it was so good. Today is another gorgeous day and I did some walking outside and then had reiki. What a wonderful self indulgence it was

Take care you guys, get in some good runs for me!!! ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#147 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 06:04 PM

Hi Ladies had to pop in and see you all, what a great day to come and see the news of Patti!!!! What great pics, you look amazing for just having given birth.

I am not been running much at all, just strated to get back into it when i got a stinking cold. Much better now. Sorry i have been MIA but life is hectic with dh away on the oil rigs.

Oh my other news is just had to share, will start running and posting again - well will try

Have been meaning to ask, now dh is away i have to run with dd, i did do it before but she was smaller and happy to sit while i ran, now she just wants to walk too, she does not want to be in the stroller at all. Any tips?
#148 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally Z View Post
Oh my other news is just had to share, will start running and posting again - well will try

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#149 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 06:52 PM

Woo Hoo Sally! How exciting!!!

#150 of 923 Old 10-03-2006, 07:00 PM

Yay Sally!!!! How exciting Mama, congratulations. It is so good to hear from you......

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page