Running mamas - double jogging stroller recommendations? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-31-2006, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
xposted in toddlers

I HATE the treadmill!!!! I NEED a double jogging stroller. I NEED a double jogging stroller!!!
I have found that I am stuck indoors most days because it's too hard going out with the kids... even for a walk to the park. Ds1 is 2 1/2 and ds2 is almost one. I am a chiropractor with a "bad back"... they say that it takes about 5 years for your spine to heal from the trauma of being adjusted on by novices and it still hasn't been that long for me. I can't put my baby on my back and chase my toddler around (he won't sit in the single umbrella stroller) for longer than maybe 20 minutes at a time and be able to stand up straight at the end of the day. (and dh is a chiro too and he adjusts me regularly so that's not the issue either).
With my birthday and Christmas coming up I was going to ask dh/family for gift certificates to get one (or they will just go in on it together). The only brand new baby items we bought for our children ever have been their car seats and a sheepskin. Everything else has been handed down or bought used. I don't mind getting a used double stroller off craigslist or something but I need to be picky about bells and whistles. I want (or think I want) the front wheel to pivot and a roomy basket underneath that doesn't sag. I don't know what else to look for or what brands to look at (I've already tried) so any input would be really appreciated!
Plus, I love me a morning run in the crisp autumn air
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2006, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a BOB Duallie and I love it! Both kids have their own adjustable sunshade, it is pretty light, lots of storage, I don't have the one with the front wheel that pivots, but they make one that is supposed to be great. I mainly use mine for running, so I decided against the pivoting/locking front wheel. I'm thinking of getting the weather shield for it as well. HTH, and I'm happy to answer any questions.

User Tag List