Turkey Trottin' Running Mamas November Thread - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 932 Old 11-16-2006, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
grnmtnmama - your soaps arrived today - thank you!!!!!!!!!! I really want to take a bath now. But which soap to use first????
#482 of 932 Old 11-16-2006, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerc View Post
. So I'd like to do the timer thing. Any ideas on how to not make it a power struggle? I think she holds it forever because potty training started out as a power struggle.
Karen responds well with just the timer going off. I've also read about the suggestion of giving them a watch that beeps on the hour or even vibrates. Then it becomes their responsibility. Karen is so jazzed at being able to reset the timer herself that it's enough to make it not an issue.
#483 of 932 Old 11-16-2006, 06:29 PM

who was asking about calories bc they are lowweight?

I tend to eat loads of peanut butter when I'm running a lot (or when I'm working a lot). I also snack constantly (I'm chowing down right now on tortilla chips + annies refried black beans

If you stick around here long enough you'll get some yummy ideas for food. Making those shantimama cookies this weekend I think.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#484 of 932 Old 11-16-2006, 07:02 PM

no problem with being too skinny here. I have to watch it the other way. But I will say that running and nursing let me maintain a good weight while I eat a ton, comparatively.

bbm-- wow mama. I will definitely be sending up the prayers for you and your family that all is well in all ways.

I ran 3.4 today, starting out slow and ending fast (although it's all relative!). felt nice and didn't get much cold rain on my head, just enough to make me feel kinda hardcore . I'm getting excited about the half and hanging out with eksmom and 2bbs and hbm all together! I have visions of 2bbs catching a movie (a la the visa commercial with Meb Kezfleghi), getting some snacks, taking a nap, and still lapping us by the finish. she speedy, that mama.

must go get dinner, take care y'all.
#485 of 932 Old 11-16-2006, 08:21 PM

rm - oh no! i can't imagine how that family is suffering

bbm -

wendy - i replied to your other thread. good luck figuring out the pee thing.

becky - we love baby joggers - so smooth and well-built. wish i had a high metab, but unfortunately not...

flitters - awesome pics, thanks for posting! cracking up over G eating sand... i swear he has a gizzard hidden somewhere. he's just starting to put fewer things in his mouth, thank goodness. let's get together to run again soon!!

doctorjen - i got my diva from www.abbyslane.com - super helpful wahm with quick free shipping

cherylann - thanks for asking about my dad. amazingly, physically, he only had a few cuts and bruises, despite the fact that his truck rolled several times and landed upside down with the roof partially collapsed in the middle! psychologically, i think he's a bit freaked out about driving, though he's quite a trooper. i sort of agree about travel advisories, but everyone i've talked to has said that the mexico side of the tex-mex border is terrible right now, mostly due to drug gangs (obviously a result of our ineffective "drug war", but i digress). and unfortunatly, since i'm not fluent in spanish and g and i are both blonde/blue, it's pretty impossible for us to "blend in." plus, i'm realizing that i'm a bit overprotective. i want my kids to experience adventures that will broaden their horizons, but i fear for their safety.... for some reason i'm less freaked out about sporting kinds of dangers than other *people* hurting my kids. i just kept having fears of g being kidnapped for ransom (one of the things apparently happening according to the travel advisory). otoh, we've probably driven in parts of detroit and sf that are less safe... oh well. hopefully my dad will be back safe and soon - my stepmom is thankfully going down to help him.

e was looking at a random magazine this a.m. with a pic of a guy sitting on a weight bench, which inspired me to think of lifting weights. so i stationary biked a little (reading in an old issue of some cheesy star mag about how thrilled brittany s was to be having a second scheduled c-section and lifted with dh this afternoon. bizzarely, it was kind of romantic, because the summer we met we used to meet in the a.m. to lift. i felt kind of self-conscious lifting in the student (and faculty) gym, but i probably shouldn't - students should realize it's okay for faculty to be in shape! i will definitely be sore tomorrow!

also had an interesting shopping experience - i've finally shrunk out of all my old pants (YAY!). didn't have any trouble finding jeans that fit, but went this a.m. to try on slacks. it's funny, because i used to think i had to try on a million pairs of pants before finding ones that fit because i was too fat. but now i've lost a ton of weight and still have to try on a million pairs, just in smaller sizes. any suggestions of low waist, boot cut, long length slacks that are curvy up top? i find that most low waist boot cut pants are too small in the butt and too big in the waist... sorry for asking a trivial question, but i'm a bit fashion ignorant...
#486 of 932 Old 11-16-2006, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeth View Post
I'm getting excited about the half and hanging out with eksmom and 2bbs and hbm all together! I have visions of 2bbs catching a movie (a la the visa commercial with Meb Kezfleghi), getting some snacks, taking a nap, and still lapping us by the finish. she speedy, that mama.
I'm getting excited too, though still a little worried about my leg. I ran 2.5 last night and it's been stiff today, but not painful. I don't think I'm going to get a run in today, but will maybe do the elliptical tomorrow and then run - not race - the 5K on Sat.

Anyway, I agree about 2bbs! Especially since she's going for a PR... she's fierce.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#487 of 932 Old 11-16-2006, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerc View Post
who was asking about calories bc they are lowweight?

I tend to eat loads of peanut butter when I'm running a lot (or when I'm working a lot). I also snack constantly (I'm chowing down right now on tortilla chips + annies refried black beans

If you stick around here long enough you'll get some yummy ideas for food. Making those shantimama cookies this weekend I think.
Thanks!!
#488 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 01:51 AM

RR - I've run 3 of the last 4 days! I ran 3 on the treadmill tonight. I also don't think I could do the run every day thing - maybe I'm old, but my joints really seem to need some days off. I'd like to commit to doing some kind of work out, but I don't know if I can make it. For example, I have to work tomorrow, then drive to ds's college for his band concert, so no chance of a work out tomorrow.
I was feeling so exhausted, and then not running because I felt so tired, and then feeling more tired. Getting back into a little more regular pattern seems to have really helped with my energy.

NRR - We had the yummy chicken tonight. I'm so frustrated with my kids, though. Not one of them touched a single bite. They are all so picky, and I don't know why (other than the obvious personalitiy differences) My oldest ds will eat just about anything, and pretty much always has. The middle 2 are terribly picky and eat just about nothing. We've always had a variety of foods around, they've always been offered all sorts of yummy things, and they eat terribly. Worse, older dd is big enough now to have money to spend at school for lunch, and will buy awful snacks and eat them instead of good food we have. Tonight I made the yummy chicken, steamed broccoli with cheddar cheese sauce, and fresh bread. All 3 of them only ate bread. The littlest one I think would actually try more things, but is influenced by the older ones saying yuck all the time. Any one have any good picky kid advice?

kinda RR - I just ordered a Diva. I did a practice run today with my new mama cloth (I think the ones eksmom suggested) and actually there was no chafing and no slipping - so much better than my typical experience with disposable pads. I'm hoping they work well for their intended use as well! AF should have showed by now, but my cycles have been odd since dd totally weaned and haven't settled into a steady pattern again yet, so maybe my Diva will make it in time!
#489 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 02:36 AM

wawoof, I like the slacks at Ann Taylor loft, and target has nice khaki type slacks.

Cheryl Ann, I am on the other side of the mts, but my dog is from Pateros
#490 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 09:22 AM

Hi mamas!

RM, I am so sad and sorry for your ds and his classmate's family.

DrJen, about the picky eater thing. I tend to think that childhood influences eventually outweigh junky preferences. When I was in middle school they had all this gross(I think now) fast food available a la carte in the cafeteria. I generally used to get a frosty type thing(more solid chocolate milkshake) or seasoned fries or pizza for lunch every day. By the time I was in college I never ate stuff like that, despite having total freedom about food choices (my school didn't have a meal plan). And now I eat and cook pretty similarly to how my mom and stepmom did when I was growing up, even slightly healthier.

RR, no run for me lately, I've had some kind of stomach bug, and then yesterday, little dd dropped our pasta maker (read 3 lb hunk of metal) on my foot. I now have a livid bruise, and keep wondering if something is broken. I'm going to try walking today, and see how it goes. I hope it is okay by Thanksgiving so I can do my 4-miler Turkey Trot

BBM, you and your baby are in my thoughts and prayers.

Okay, little dd is melting, more personals later.

Abby
#491 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 09:37 AM

drjen~I always ask my kids to try a bite (without it seeming like I'm forcing it). We are not allowed to say "yuck" but are free to say that we dont' like something (but only after you try a bite can you say you don't like it) I teach the kids that their saying yuck, can hurt someone's feelings that likes that particular meal. Dh and I have very different tastes and that's fine and we let the kids know that. He tries things to see if he will like them, and is a great example. Sometimes he doesn't like it and sometimes he is surprised that he does. (I come from the background that I have eaten just about everything out there already. Tastes change so I am open to trying them again.) I have read that you must offer a new food to your children 10 times before they try it or like it I can't remember which. Just keep trying.

The other night, ds1, who loves meat, didnt' want any. He had potatoes and carrots on his plate. He ate some and then asked to be excused. Dh asked him if he had enough to eat. Ds1 simply said, yes, when I am full I stop eating whether there is food left on my plate or not. I was so pleased. I have been trying to fight my inbread "must finish all food on plate" rule for a lifetime. He has a healthy outlook already at 6.

My diva came probably within a week. The packaging is funny, it comes in a flat envelope. I dont' want this to sound horrible, and I dont' want to offend anyone. The diva is much bigger around than any tampon that I've used??? It just seems, big for in there. I know that the privates accomodate other "bigger than tampon" things, but ..... I dunno.

I'm getting a new oven today. I'm very excited.

I'm worred about ds1. The sides of his neck are really swollen, back further than his tonsils. He doesn't have a fever, throat not really sore, it's wierd. I'm keeping him home today and getting him into the doctor.

RR: to get in the shower, trying for some yoga today after a good 11 miles on the TM yesterday. I've been trying to add some hills in my work outs since I am on the TM more than outside and my speed has really increased over the last 6 months. although I feel that it's more likely that over the last year to two years has hellped with the speed by just putting in the mileage.

gotta jet, have a great Friday!
#492 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 10:45 AM

Hi Shanti - i'm glad the soap arrived safely. i always am nervous when shipping to Canada.

i have some serious work issues so i'll be going in for a little bit this morning, as soon as dh vacates the bathroom so that i can get ready. he gets very offended if i try to use the bathroom in any way while he's 'busy' in there. i'll bring my sneakers and slip into the gym for a little today as well.

Lisa - enjoy your new oven. if the diva is anything like the keeper, it squishes to fit.

talk to you later!
Mandy
#493 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 10:46 AM

No running in two days now. Although I did get up this morning did my weights/ab routine and then headed to the pool for 25 minutes of swimming that I really needed. I have spinning class tonight so I should hopefully be back in the groove. I have been feeling tired, almost sick for days. I chilled yesterday, cleaned the house a bit, cooked a good dinner and went and bought flannel sheets for the bed. Got the warmest nights sleep in weeks. The kids were good and played together well, ate their dinners without moaning, exactly what I needed. And both the kids actually slept through the night in their beds for the first time in weeks. It has been a rough time around here. Racing tomorrow morning- 10K. Probably longest mileage till the 1/2. Definitely going for a PR at the 1/2 but a little worried about the hills. This flatlander is probably going to be hurting the next day. I will be super excited to greet eksmom and mamabeth after their finish too!

Must get to work...much to do before vacation! Thinking of you all!
#494 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 10:53 AM

Good morning everyone,
I just wanted to share that I have lost 4 inches from my abdomen in the last 3 weeks. Weight wise, not much, maybe 4 pounds, but that was never my intent as I am 5'10 and 137lbs. I changed my diet and started running. I did not give up even though I am a bit of a wimp. I could barely run two blocks in a row, but now can go probably 3/4 a mile, which is nothing to many of you but a huge deal to me.

I peek in to the thread daily for inspiration and stories.

I am going to the Y today to run as the wind here in Colorado makes me wheeze. I am curious to see if being inside without the wind in my face will allow me to go further. I might even do laps in the pool!

Oh, and my posture is better

I cant than you all enough for the encouragement.

Lisa

PS: I took the advice of one mom who recommended i go a bit further each time.....one more lamppost, one more mailbox, etc. And I did!
#495 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 11:24 AM

Lisa - the Diva is definitely bigger than a tampon. The difference is that the tampon slips in and absorbs everything around it - one of the concerns for some about tampons. The cup is designed to cover your cervix so that it catches everything that is flowing. You fold it up before inserting and let it open up again inside - it is very comfortable once you get used to doing it. I almost always found tampons uncomfortable.
#496 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbaby3 View Post
PS: I took the advice of one mom who recommended i go a bit further each time.....one more lamppost, one more mailbox, etc. And I did!
That's me! I'm the one just getting back into running after baby. I'm so glad you posted-I was thinking of you this morning as I went one more section farther. I'm glad you're seeing results so quickly. That's awesome!

I just got back and had a good, cold run. I went 2.61, I'm adding on each time I run and today was easier after I found my "groove", which is incredibly slow right now. As I got into my run I found that one of the girls had played with my MP3 player and locked it and I didn't know how to unlock it, so no music today and I NEEDED Come on Eileen at one point! Oh well!

Gotta go shower-dd has her 2 month check up in a little while!

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#497 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 11:42 AM

i am amazed how fast this board moves. i haven't been here in a day or two and i just don't have the time to catch up. amazing!!!!
tampons: i am a tampon/pad user. b/c my weight is higher than in the past flow seems to be more, although it is coming down a bit. everynow and then i'll leave one in at the end, a little too long. i end up with a major migraine that feels like i am dehydrated. coincidence? who knows.
running: slacked majorly this week. i had forgotten i had chosen happiness and got caught up in the quagmere of my life. most of it is too complicated to write here but suffice to say we may have to move, we have no money to do it, and we have a lot of crap. plus personal relationship issues. so...
monday i had a baseline mammogram that wasn't nearly as bad as i thought it was going to be. infact in the realm of female exam issues... it wasn't anything.
however the personal issues of my life were causing me great anxiety and i was having some chest pain. aggrivating.
running: oops got off track. i did 2.25 miles yesterday. that was it for the week. probably i'll do a short run on saturday and hopefully a long run on sunday.
hope everyone is well.
peace
michele
#498 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 01:30 PM

This board is fast!!!

3 miles last night w/ DH and DD, may try to run again today, maybe run the jogging stroller over to the DCPs house to pick up DD then home? I imagine that running w/ an empty stroller might look crazy though...

Okay, food and clothes, the two things I can contribute too...

DrJen I am not really qualified to answer your ? about picky eaters b/c I only have one DC and she is a baby, but my mom did the same as what RM described. I had to try one bite of everything on the plate, and thank the chef (mom) for her time in fixing dinner. I was also really involved in fixing food (even if just mashing something) and she would use the same food as what her and my dad would eat, but present it differently - like cut it into a funny shape, make a smiley face etc... Her other trick, which I'm not sure is good or not, is that she told me everything was fish (which I loved). She'd fry up strips of squash and be like, look fish for supper! Okay, I am just enjoying reminiscing now, but suffice it say I have always been a healthy and adventurous eater since then! My MIL apparently used to hold DH down and force feed him food (I am not kidding...) and he is a very picky eater now, hmmm go figure

Wawoof, I would also recommend Gap trousers, they seem to curve in a little around the waist. I'm having the same problem. I lost 10 lbs below pre-preg weight (mostly due to thyroid meds) and now none of my pants fit, but we're too broke to shop! Fortunately there is a very nice consignment place by where we live.

Happy Friday everyone...

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#499 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 02:17 PM

Ugh-dh is on call this week and was stck at work until after 3am this morning. The good news is that he got to stay home today.
We had J's check-up this morning and the doctor heard a heart murmur. She said it was pretty loud, which usually means it's small, so that's good. We are making an appt with a pediatric cardiologist. What a day. I'm glad I had a run to start it off-if only I had had sleep last night...

#500 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 02:31 PM

hi y'all...

i must recommend www.zafu.com to find jeans. so cool and in every price range. not sure about slacks but it could give you ideas for brands.

ITA about picky eaters. just offer what you do and if they only eat bread, so be it. I know that's easier said than done, but it makes sense. Who used to eat those malts for lunch???? did you live in St. Louis? I had the same ones, although usually with a : hostess snack. how horrific to think about it now. and I guess I survived, with an appetite for mostly healthy stuff. it is frustrating though, dd gets on "kicks" and it bugs me.

I did tell dh about the yummy chicken and we are making it this weekend! dd can eat it or not. I can guarantee ds will eat some though, that boy eats anything right now, which is nice!

I missed that 2bbs was going for a pr! it is really hilly...but you can do it, you are on a fast tear, girl! plus you can save us some bananas.

so, the diva...now this is really tmi but I had to sort of work it around until I found a comfy space. it was hard to take out sometimes, I guess bc I haven't given birth vaginally and am a bit small down there. : but it worked really well once I found the right spot...I didn't even feel it. and do go ahead and cut part of the end off, I don't think it would work with the whole thing on there.

I am running tomorrow maybe to weight watchers and back (5 miles or so). The last time I did that HBM went into labor. and then there's a ginormous birthday party for Miriam's "best friend" at school. Belle is coming. these parties always kill me. this one is in the same neighborhood with Bobby and Whitney, and Usher, among others.

so, take care mamas, must get to sewing.
#501 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 03:14 PM

drjen - re picky eaters - e is a picky eater, and we've gone the route of mostly just offering him stuff we know he's likely to eat, which is rarely what we're eating. the downside is that this means most of his food is stuff that can be made very quickly and easily, and we're not expanding his horizons. we're conflicted, because we know it might be better to all eat the same thing, but dh and i prefer spicy foods that we think most kids wouldn't like. g is actually a much less picky and more healthy eater than e, so i'm not sure how much of it is our parenting vs just their personalities.

hbm - sounds like your running is going great. hope j's heart murmur is minor.

thanks for the pants suggestions. we're also short on $, so my shopping has been at the local salvation army. it was just frustrating because they appeared to have lots of nice slacks in my new smaller size, and so many of them didn't fit right : i'm sure i would have had a similar strike-out rate if shopping new. needing a long length definitely makes it harder to find pants that fit. i have had good luck with ann taylor in the past, so I'll keep an eye out for those. i'm delighted to have lost weight, but bummed that now my very nice suits/pants that i picked up over many years of stalking super sales don't fit any more...

i'm in a pissy mood this morning - feeling isolated and overwhelmed with work (or, more accurately, the slow pace at which it's progressing). dh and i are going to work together some, which hopefully will help. and must work out!!
#502 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 03:17 PM

I must admit to following along with cooking chicken! We ate it last night and it was yummy! I made mint potatoes to go with it. It was good too..only problem is that it's the same color as the chicken...still it tasted good.
I did end up running last night and I'm getting faster. Then I couldn't sleep all night. DS is home sick today. I have to go drop him at dh office so I can do Brownie scouts this afternoon. He should have fun tearing around the office!
I know someone is looking for slacks. J Jill authentic fit work for me. They have cords and jeans. I always have problem with too tigh rear and too big waist. I have trouble finding dress slacks too.
The diva thing sounds interesting...I'll have to think about that some more. But the pads sound good. Lord...my Mother will think I've totally lost my mind.
I will think about running P'tree. Have a nice weekend
#503 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 03:27 PM

Wawoof-could you have your old clothes altered?

Mommabelle-My mom was helping do laundry when J was born and saw cloth pads in my laundry. She couldn't figure out what they were. When I told her she was like, " uh huh, OK". I believe she was a little embarassed to be folding my cloth pads!
Yeah for thinking about the Peachtree! Do you have a Brownie? My dd is in first grade and loving Brownies this year (she was a Daisy last year). They have a secret drop-off craft night tonight. She's so excited!

#504 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 04:19 PM

Oh my gosh, I'm an IDIOT!

I'm collaborating with another faculty member on a project evaluating the environmental effects of classes at my university, and my collaborator recruited other faculty to allow their classes to participate in our study. The data from one of those faculty member's classes look unusual, so I just emailed him with some questions, starting my email with "I don't think we've met yet...". Then, right after sending the email, I looked up his web page, saw the picture, and realized he's the dad of one of E's good friends at preschool. I've talked to him a zillion times, but I'm so bad with names that I didn't realize it was the same person. D'oh!!! I just emailed an apology.... :

re: clothing alteration - how much can pants be altered (like how many inches in the waist?). thanks!
#505 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 04:19 PM

Here is a tip for the garlic crock pot chicken and picky eaters...... when you cook a chicken in a slow cooker it doesn't come out looking much like a chicken any more. My children wouldn't touch it if they saw what it looked like - so I cut it all up and put it in a platter and let them take the pieces they like. I pour some of the juices over it first........ and sneak back to the kitchen to put more of those yummy juices on my mashed potatoes.

My kids are very picky these days - they were fine until they turned 4. I just make what I want to make but make sure there is always something on the table that everyone likes. If they choose not to try or eat what I have made, they will be a little hungry but not completely. Sometimes it is a bowl of fruit, or Caesar salad, or a bowlful of almonds, or bread and peanut butter, but I put it on the table as part of the evening meal - there is no rummaging through the kitchen allowed - you have to eat something from the table. That sems to be a good compromise in our family. And the longer I am a mother, the more flexible I become! dh and I love soups but only one child likes soup - so soup and chicken fingers and caesar salad are a common meal in this house.
#506 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 04:28 PM

shantimama~I love that idea of putting the other choices on the table as part of the meal. LOVE IT!
#507 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningmommy View Post
shantimama~I love that idea of putting the other choices on the table as part of the meal. LOVE IT!
ditto! great idea!
#508 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeth View Post
Who used to eat those malts for lunch???? did you live in St. Louis? I had the same ones, although usually with a : hostess snack. how horrific to think about it now. and I guess I survived, with an appetite for mostly healthy stuff.
That would have been me. And it probably was the same malts, although I lived in Bloomington, IN at the time.

Oh, and I made the crockpot garlic wine chicken last night, dh said it was great! I plan to make the rest into a soup for tonight for dh and Zoe, and I'm making a squash lasagna for my friend who just had a baby so I'll probably make an extra pan for myself, since I don't eat meat....

In other news, I just chopped all my hair off! Or rather, dh did it . I love it! He cut about a foot off, and now it is chin length instead of super long. It feels very freeing.

RR: I did ten min on the rowing machine this morning for a warm up, then ran a quick (for me) two miles at a 9 min 13s/mi pace! And the good news is that my foot didn't bother me much. My goal is to do the Turkey Trot 4-miler in 40 min or less....but we'll see.

And I am so so excited, my sister is flying in from Portland , OR on Tuesday! YAY!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Abby
#509 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 05:07 PM

We follow shantimama's method. Sometimes I cut up an apple simply because I don't think dd will eat something.

Probably not an issue with drjen's middle ones, but for Erin -- being able to help herself to a serving is a big deal. So I'll cook up some beans and then put them on the table (in the pan mind you because I can't be washing every dish in the house daily :LOL) and Erin can help herself. Our rule is in order to get more of something else she has to eat what she takes. She's controling portion size, and occasionally she'll eat something that I don't think she will just because she wants to serve herself.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#510 of 932 Old 11-17-2006, 05:11 PM

Abby - yeah on the hair cut! Does it feel like you are a new person?

Wawoof - your project sounds very interesting - what kind of department/field are you in? I'm an environmental engineer currently working in an office of sustainability and in my old job, and some here too, we do a lot of environmental assessments of campus activities, etc.. my research is life cycle assessment... I'd love to hear more if you have time, maybe it's something we could implement at ASU (feel free to PM me too).

I think pants can be altered a lot - I had some flare legged pants taken in a bunch when the skinny fit became popular this year. Also, if there is a ritzy part of town, check and see if there are second hand or consignment shops there... they usually have lots of brand name stuff...

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page