Yoga Mamas for November! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 11-14-2006, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursin'Fool View Post
LisaLou- I've never heard of a prenatal Ashtanga class. How was it different from regular Ashtanga?
She modified poses and we didn't go through the whole primary series or anything like that but loosely followed it. Her goal was to help make up for the fact that as a society we don't squat enough, if that doesn't sound too silly. So she chose poses to help make up for that. I loved it b/c there was also a lot of talk about thinking about the life growing inside of you and connecting to it. Also all the help with mule bundes (horribly mispelled) was nice and she taught us how to push during labor. Which whenever I remembered to it always got cheers from OB, midwife and dh. Which then helped me to feel connected back to my yoga practice which in term helped me feel more connected during labor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 11-20-2006, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

I'm on my last week of the Bikram Challenge (going 5 times a week for 2 months). I'll be glad when it's over, cause I'm missing my other styles of yoga. I did get some great results though, and I'm so glad I could finish the whole thing.

How are you guys? Prepping for Thanksgiving?
#33 of 34 Old 11-20-2006, 11:25 PM

Thought I would sub in here for November..

I have been off yoga for a few weeks now. Turns out the nagging pain in my ankle that was challenging my practice turned out to be a four inch tear in a tendon in my ankle.. SOOOOO, I had surgery.. hurray for me, right?? I am on week two of recovery and have three more to go in a hard cast before I am moved into a walking cast. Looks like it's going to be a long recovery for me, but I am anxious to get back to the heat soon. I know that going back to Bikram will bring healing even faster!!

Carole, how amazing that you were able to complete your challenge! I am jelous of you! Congratulations and I want to hear about these awesome results you got.

For everyone else, I hope you all are enjoying this gorgeous passage into the Holiday season..

Namaste and many blessings
Karen
#34 of 34 Old 11-21-2006, 11:53 PM

Hello to All!
I am a long-time "lurker" on MDC and love the idea of participating in a yoga thread! I practice yoga daily, attend prenatal yoga once a week [soon to be twice--we talked our teacher into adding another class for us every week!] and am in a teacher training program. Glad to be here!
Lisa

Lisa, momma to DD '10 , DD '07, DS '82 and partner to DH

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page