December WW Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-03-2006, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone!

Weigh in on Saturday was terrific! I lost 4.4lbs for a total of 35.8lbs GONE! Yeah me.

DH and I decided to ttc this cycle. I am so excited.

Will check in later.

Heather, mama to Milo Grey 11.14.07 and Harper Moon 08.06.09

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2006, 02:55 AM

Congrats on your great loss!!!

Sending lot's of baby dust your way.

I weigh in on Wednesday, and I don't think I will do well this week. I have fallen off track a bit. It started Friday when we went out to eat for dh's birthday. Once I get off track it's too hard to get back on. I've been staying in my points target plus using activity points, and weekly points allowance when needed, but I haven't been making the best food choices this week.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:22 AM

Hi. I am Ricky and 52 years old. I have 3 grown children and one new granddaughter 6 weeks old. I lost 25 lbs on WW six years ago and maintained till I broke my foot four years ago and then my metabolism switched (I have hypothyroid a lot not in control at times) and slowly gained it all back in spite of being OP. Frusterating and discouraging could not begin to explain it. WEll I finally got my thyroid back in some control and have started losing again. I am such a slow loser it is like pulling teeth. For my condition my trainer has me on six small meals a day with protein shakes being two of the meals. I do the CORE plan and like it. I also switch from Core to pts like one week doing CORE and if starting to plateau do the pts the next week to shake things up. I work out at the gym four times a week with weights and cardio.

SW 139
CW 135.4
GW 125

I am five foot two and very small boned. Of course with my children grown I have time to go to the gym. I used to do tapes when my kids were young and walk a lot. Of course the kids did it too. I was a barbie doll till my thryoid went whack sigh...........Getting old sucks

I do enjoy being a grand ma though. It is the best.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

We are slow this week, huh? It is nice to see some posts though!

emmasmommy-Thanks for the baby dust! I am SO excited. It is so hard for me to get back on track when I slide also. I really have to think hard about what I want right now versus what I want for the future, kwim? Good luck at weigh in.

rickyshot-That is tough when the weight comes of so slowly. How exciting to have a new granddaughter. Enjoy every bit of her.

I almost had a major mess up this week. I was eating a bag of Pop-Secret Homestyle and for some reason didn't look very carefully at the nutritional information (it is so confusing anyway). I calculated the bag to be 3 points instead of the actual 10 it is!! UGH! I used so many flex points on it, but at least I discovered it before having a bag everyday this week for a snack. I have no idea why I thought 3 points sounded right - that would have been four cups, not the twelve the bag actually contains.

Later gaters.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:34 PM

I find the best popcorn is Orville redennbachers (sp) smart pop. It comes in a single serving bag for 2 pts and is really good. No guess work there and really comes in handy for a carb craving. I take it to the movies (sneak it in), REally helps.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks rickyshot. I usually snack on the mini bags, but my husband loves the Homestyle and his smelled so good I had a bag. I will have to check what mini bag variety I have in the cupboard.

This afternoon has been a little tough for me. It just blows me away how just a few words from someone can totally change how you are feeling. I have gotten a few comments from a "friend" about my weightloss. It seems like she is complementing me then BAM. She always seems to work in a complement that she somehow turns into a hurtful comment. The last few weeks this has been happening from the same person. I tend to be sensitive and it is really hard to blow these remarks off. I am working on it though. Tonight I really wanted to turn to food, but instead I went to get ready for water aerobics. I AM THE ONE IN CONTROL!

Have a great night everyone.

I figured I would try to start sharing my menus when I have time...

B: light english muffin, 2% cheese slice, veg sausage, banana
L: veggie fried rice, broccoli, clementine
S: crackers w/ laughing cow light
D: taco soup w/ light cheese, light sour cream, and tortilla chips, apple
S: ww double chocolate muffin

Old 12-05-2006, 10:50 PM

Don't let haters get you down GF. I found out with weight loss people get very intimadated and I have seen friends (drop the R) actually lost over this. Even divorce. You would be surprised how many insecure men feel about their women losing the weight. It is all too sick. I did it for me and no one else. Change is scary even good change. With every lifestyle change their are big changes for sure. Like when you had children. Notice how some people dropped out of sight? Life is stages and if you don't bend you break. We have talked about this subject in WW meetings more than once. There are food pushers and sabatogers and most of these people are close to you unfortunately.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Two weeks ago, I got my WW bookmark for losing 5 pounds. Yay - go me! It was nice to get something tangible for the weight loss even though I think the bookmarks, stars, etc are a bit hokey. I actually lost 2 pounds before joining WW so in reality the loss is more than 5 pounds.

I'm jogging about 20 minutes a day and walking/elliptical training for another 20 minutes a day. I think the jogging is really helping me. I've lost an additional 2 pounds so now I'm at 154.2. I started my weight loss program at 163. I still have a ways to go since I want to get to 125-130.

The nice thing is that people are starting to notice a difference in my appearance. I've had two people at work randomly comment on how I look slimmer now. That was such a boost. I was on such a high for the rest of the day.

Last week, I was feeling a bit low about how much time it's taking for the weight to come off and I complained to a good friend. She told me something that I'd like to share with you. She said "The time is going to pass anyway regardless of whether you're trying to lose the weight or not..".

I paid $10 and bought the WW Eating Out Guide. It's worth it since DH likes to eat out on the weekends. I did not know McDonald's small fries are only 5 points.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:01 PM

I second the Smart pop suggestion. I love the stuff and eat it all the time!

Weigh-in was OK. I was down 0.2lbs, but better than I was expecting considering the week I had. We still have half a Dairy Queen cake in our freezer from dh's birthday on Friday. I told him we are taking it to my parents' house on Saturday for dessert when we go there for supper. That way we aren't left with it to eat up!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:11 AM

I just re-joined WW (I was a member about 12 years ago, they had *just* switched to the FLEX plan). Now 3 kids later I have more to lose and I think less time to do it (we want to TTC in the next 6 months or so, I am goign off BC in 3 months and what will be will be, but I also don't really trust the mini-pill now that I just got my cycle). Whoa that was a long side track. I have 50 to lose and I don't think I will get it all off before I get preggy, but I need to try to get off as much as I can. I was 160 when I got pregnant with my twins, 187 when I got pregnant with Rivka, and I"m 195 now and on my 1st week. I would love to get down to 170 before I get pregnant, but I don't know if that will happen :/ I *should* be 140ish.

Anyway nice to meet you all

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

Old 12-08-2006, 02:29 PM

Rachel OMG your kids are gorgeous. And you want another. Stair step. Are you orthodox Jewish? My cousin is and she has 7 of her own. She is amazing and put herself through school and has a home based business for daycare. She has her child education degree. Nice huh? If you plan to get PG soon, you can still lose. The trick is to think eat healthy and conentrate on health and lifestyle and a natural weight will follow. I do the core. That could be a challenge with dairy meals but it can be done. I find the Core gives you weight loss and very healthy way of eating. You could do CORE when PG but of course adding calories from CORE foods for you and baby and not to lose.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:23 PM

hey there, i just joined ww and went to my first meeting tody. it was acualy fun and i feel confident about this. it is nice to see that there are other people on mdc who do ww.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:17 PM

Hi again

Yes, we aer Orthodox so the milk / meat aspects of CORE are a little intimidating. If I eat that yummy chicken stir fry at lunch no coffee all afternoon!! I want to stay on points for now anyway becuase I feel like I need to get some control. If I could eat when I was hungry and stop when I was full I wouldn't need ww

Can't wait for my weigh in on Mon. I have gone over points today for the first time (but I still have 30.5 left of my weekly allowance). I am worried about having a high points day so close to weigh in though (tommorow I will be at my mom's and she will be making steak & potatos... YUM)

Mom to:

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

Old 12-11-2006, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I have gotten a few comments from a "friend" about my weightloss. It seems like she is complementing me then BAM. She always seems to work in a complement that she somehow turns into a hurtful comment. The last few weeks this has been happening from the same person. I tend to be sensitive and it is really hard to blow these remarks off.
Hugs mama! Try to ignore the bad comments. It's jealousy. I lost 110 pounds the past year on WW and I've lost a few friends too. People didnt mind my losing until I got close or passed them which is so lame. I didnt even say ANYTHING about weight to them but they would be sure to ask "what size are you in now? How much do you weigh?!" in front of a whole bunch of people to try to embarrass me or make it look like I did something extreme to lose it (I didnt, I did WW! LOL) Keep plugging along, you can do it. Its really all about how you feel about yourself!

Quote:
Weigh-in was OK. I was down 0.2lbs, but better than I was expecting considering the week I had. We still have half a Dairy Queen cake in our freezer from dh's birthday on Friday. I told him we are taking it to my parents' house on Saturday for dessert when we go there for supper. That way we aren't left with it to eat up!
Congrats on the loss. Just think that any loss is better than nothing or a gain! Any loss is getting you toward your goal! I do the same thing, when I prepare meals that I would not normally have in the house, I send the leftovers home with guests! LOL

Desiree

Old 12-12-2006, 02:26 PM

I'm sorry for people who have lost friends because of the weight loss. Obviously, they weren't great friends to begin with! My leader told a similar story at one meeting. She has lost over 160lbs. She brought in a dress she wore when she was in a friend's wedding (She fit into the dress with one other person). The friend chose her as maid of honor because she was bigger, and would therefore make her (the bride) appear thinner. Once the leader lost 80lbs (and was thinner than the friend), her friend stopped talking to her. 110lbs loss, is awesome!! Have you reached your goal weight?

I do know a loss is a loss, and I was actually surprised by it considering what I had eaten. We leave tomorrow to spend Christmas in Sweden with my in-laws and I will miss 4 weeks of meetings (Wednesday is my weigh-in day, and I will be at the airport at that time). I just hope to say on program while I'm gone, and not have too big of a shock on the scale when I get back (unless it's a big loss, I'll take that!)
Old 12-14-2006, 03:14 AM
DBZ

I was wondering the other day why I wasn't recieving updates on the November thread and then I realized it's December now LOL.

I renewed my WW membership at the beginning of Dec. I lost 2 lbs the first week and maintained that weight for this last week. I would have lost more if I didn't take the baby to see her dad. When I spend a weekend with him we end up eating out the whole time at diners.

My goal is to lose 2.5 lbs this week, because that will put me at that initial 10% goal. The goal changed when I rejoined, so I'll get to celebrate the 10% twice LOL.

My question of the week is why do people try to sabotage you when they know you are trying to lose weight. I love cake. It's one of my can't resist foods. Recently a friend brought over a huge cake and gave it to my family. I ended up eating way to much of it, but I counted it in my points and still lost weight, but still. If I didn't get 40 points a day I'd be screwed!

Interestingly enough, at the meeting last week they were discussing food pushers. I told them about my cake, and my oldest told them I ate half of it! I could have died. I didn't eat half...close, but not half LOL. It was one of my most embarassing moments ever.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

Old 12-17-2006, 10:13 PM

don't have much time, but wanted to chime in-- I don't know what I've lost in the last week exactly (but we did finally buy our own scale!) but it was pretty good. I was sort of being good and the WHAM! I got the nasty body-depleting-dehydrating stomach virus that's been going around. I lost 5lbs in just 4 days and boy did i feel it! (made me wonder-- how do supermodels/anorexic/bulimics function all day on so little all day? I felt like I was going to pass out every time I got up off the couch!)

Since then DP and I have been eating out everyday-- this is NOT good. Oh well, I will be on top of it until next weekend when all bets are off-- the holidays are so hard to track points!:

hope everyone else is doing well!

--Vanessa

Miles (December 2005) Pascual (March 2009). P's was my beautiful home waterbirth that healed me from my M's birth. natural birth, midwifery, postpartum depression, babywearing, breastfeeding.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:56 PM

Hi everyone!

I just joined WW Online today and I am so excited!! I did WW a few years ago and lost a lot of weight. I just had by second baby 4 weeks ago and I have about 30 pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight but my goal weight is 55 pounds away!!

Starting weight 176
Goal weight 120

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

Old 12-28-2006, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyandelle View Post
Hi everyone!

I just joined WW Online today and I am so excited!! I did WW a few years ago and lost a lot of weight. I just had by second baby 4 weeks ago and I have about 30 pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight but my goal weight is 55 pounds away!!

Starting weight 176
Goal weight 120

Amy

Hi & welcome

I joined Dec. 3 and I have lost 6.2 so far on FLEX. Are you doing CORE of FLEX? Is anyone here doing CORE? I'm thinking of switching.

Mom to:

Old 12-29-2006, 12:41 AM

Hi guys. I'm getting ready to join WW myself, so I'm subbing to this thread. I actually don't know what I weigh at this point, but it's 200+ and I'm only 5'6" so obviously need to drop some pounds. I'm planning to get started at New Year's.

crafty mama to Chloe and Emma (10/08) and Piper
emergency medicine PA and single mother by choice
Old 12-29-2006, 12:47 AM

Cool. I didn't know this thread was here. I started WW online about 3 weeks ago. I was doing great until this past weekend. I figured I'd get right back on track after the holiday, but I'm having a hard time getting back in control. Maybe this will help me get my motivation back.

~Robyn mama to
James, Sean, Christopher, and Michael~

Old 12-29-2006, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelEve14 View Post
Hi & welcome

I joined Dec. 3 and I have lost 6.2 so far on FLEX. Are you doing CORE of FLEX? Is anyone here doing CORE? I'm thinking of switching.
I am doing the Flex plan. I chose this plan because I did WW before I got pg with Elle and the flex plan I most like what I was doing then and I lost about 60 pounds so I decided to go with what I already know how to do. I have even recruited my DH!!!

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

User Tag List