LAP band vs Gastric Bypass? Anyone have either procedure done? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 01-16-2007, 12:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just poking in, suggestion in terms of feeling full while still eating less food. I have always find that if I draw out the meal by eating mindfully, chewing food longer, putting my fork down sooner and taking a sip or two of water between every bite makes me feel much fuller with less. The water helps fill your stomach up and I find I drink more water this way then if I'm just trying to drink it by itself. I'm not always good about doing this, but it works for me when I do!

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 01-16-2007, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

well, i've lost 2 pounds doing portion control for 4 days! Yay! And I'm really not hungry all the time, i find I'm getting hungry right on schedule...I try to space my mini-meals or snacks about 2 hours apart, so i get hungry about every 2 hours. If I try to eat more than 4oz, i feel over-full, so I think my portions are ok and I don't feel deprived.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#33 of 37 Old 01-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Banned

spacing is important, as it keeps blood sugar levels balanced i eat every two or so hours too.

i tend to eat about 1500 cals a day--so not much--but i don't function on "oz" because i don't know how that would work as far as figuring out macro and micro nutrient needs.

i do agree that eating mindfully is important.
#34 of 37 Old 01-17-2007, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
i find that i want to eat healthy, that i want to get up in the am an move (i do yoga first thing, after washing hands and rinsing my mouth--as is traditional). that i want to exercise throughout the day. these are things that i turly want.

when i act on that, then i'm living as i want and my body is healthy and happy.

thus, eat and move as much as you want! but first, you have to discern between what you are doing habitually and what you truly want.
wow, this really resonates with me!! thank you!

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#35 of 37 Old 01-20-2007, 01:25 AM

I had gastric bypass just over 2 years ago and I have lost about 230 pounds. I am very healthy, have just had blood work done in Dec to prove it, and am 100% convinced that this surgery saved my life... pm me if you want more details.
#36 of 37 Old 01-20-2007, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesternmomma View Post
I had gastric bypass just over 2 years ago and I have lost about 230 pounds. I am very healthy, have just had blood work done in Dec to prove it, and am 100% convinced that this surgery saved my life... pm me if you want more details.
wow- that is awesome!
my sister just got her new surgery date!

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
#37 of 37 Old 01-20-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesternmomma View Post
That is wonderful!! I just had my surgery 4 months ago and am down 83 pounds so far, I have 70 pounds left to lose and am hoping to do that in the next 6 months so I can have my plastic surgery. You rock! Way to go!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page