Dingos after the Easter Bunny! April Runners' thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1080 Old 04-04-2007, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Reading along, just trying to curb my posting addiction :

This morning I finished all of the readings for my Women's Studies course, I just have to do some essays and I will be done, and I still have three months left to complete the course. That feels GOOD. I received the materials for the next course, even though the official start date isn't until August - it is on communication/counselling skills and it looks interesting and kind of fun, even. I just need to give myself a bit of a shove to finish the last two papers for the spiritual direction program and I will be done the academic part of that program too - woohoo! I can't believe that I have been at that one for two years- it has been SO good.

It has been a kind of heavy time around here. I think I told you abut dh having three funerals a couple of weeks ago,two of them being hard ones. Yesterday a neighbour of ours died suddenly and dh is with that family too - our whole neighbourhood looks stricken and sad. We are the only "young" people on the street and all of the retired folks are friends so it is hitting all of them in a pretty vulnerable spot. We have been having a lot of communication with our friends who have just separated and that has been good but intense and sad. So today I went to town to have lunch with a dear friend who is a midwife - and she had just found out that a client's 2 week old baby died of SIDS this morning. My heart is heavy. Not crushed, just heavy with all of these stories of grief.

So I have been busy making tissue paper daffodils and daisies with my daughter, trying to get my asthma under control so I can do something cathartic and life-affirming like running again, writing about the stuff on my heart and dreaming of quilts much faster than I can sew them, studying in the hopes that someday I might be able to offer something helpful to people who are hurting and suffering, and reminding myself that even though the snow came back today, it won't go crazy like it did in February. It is kind of nice to have the woodstove going again - I love being warm and cozy and nothing works like a woodstove.

Lots of house selling action going on around ehre - I hope everything works out smoothly and positively for everyone. Real estate transactions stink - I never want to move again just so I don't have to deal with all of that again in my life. Hang in there kerc, reb, jo, jenlove

Jo - I have to tell you how much I love your blog. You capture my heart, my imagination and my sense of humour with your entries. Thank you
#62 of 1080 Old 04-04-2007, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
to all the mamas who need it. Sounds like some tough times.

I ended up having a partial day to myself cuz the kids went to a playdate. They were very busy in the playroom when I went to pick them up, so the other mom and I went into the exercise room which is next to it and I did 10 min on the treadmill and 15 min on an elliptical. Maybe that is why I am so tired now? I would have done more or run it, but I only had my Danskos, so was in stocking feet.

So DD1 is now at her first official sleepover. : DD2 was mighty upset that she couldn't stay too, but seems to finally have gotten over it.

Ugh, tired tired. Rest easy, my loves.
#63 of 1080 Old 04-04-2007, 10:50 PM

Hack, hack. Cough, cough. Hey mamas!!

CherylAnn, I hope your day got better. I am feeling kind of the same these days because of work.

Congrats on all the house transactions taking place around here! Good vibes to those who still need it. Jo, I hope DH comes around. I totally understand about wishing you could handle it by yourself. For me, it's not so much that DH interferes, but that I feel like I have to explain it all to him and bring him along because he's the man, but really I could just handle it without all that and it would be easier.

Chelsea, I'm not even sure "training" is the right word to apply in my case. :

The motivation, I think, is there, but work is truly doing a number on me. Today I spent from 7:30 to 5 at the hospital (I have no office there). Presentation to surgical residents at 8 AM, then working frantically on some analyses that were needed ASAP but I only just got the data, then a meeting with the VP of research and my boss, and then more work. Picked up EK, came home, made dinner, just finished it, and am now listening to EK scream and fuss through her bedtime routine while I type this.

I guess it doesn't sound that bad, it just sounds like a routine day... but I feel like I'm in a pressure cooker. I think about work nearly 24 hours a day. The projects and requests come in faster than I can get them out, so I'm constantly falling behind and unable to catch up. I'm the lone statistician for about 175 physicians + residents and the research activity seems to be growing daily. It's exciting and I love my job but OMG... I am not used to this. I am having such a hard time taking any time for myself... I just don't feel like I can when my job is always "undone." I never get that feeling anymore of putting in a good day's work and finishing stuff. If I didn't have a family I would probably stay at work until 8 or 9 pm every night - no joke. The only reason I leave is because I have to get EK from my dad. Things are out of balance, I know, but I don't know how to give my job anything but top priority right now. :

OK, that's enough of a rant for the night. I'm going to try to get some rest. Even now, at nearly 10 pm, I'm having to resist the urge to fire up my work laptop and try to knock out a few things on my list.

Must. go. to. bed.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#64 of 1080 Old 04-04-2007, 11:01 PM

Mandy, CherylAnn... I'm so sorry you're going through tough times. I can "hear' the sadness/frustration (respectively) in your e-voices and it makes me want to run over and hug you. And make you margaritas. Keep talkin' to us.

Nice Warshrag, Balancin1! Makes me want to go work on mine, but I think I better use my time wisely tonight. I have a lot of reading to do in order to be able to hit my homework hard this weekend while there are multiple Grandparents available to babysit.

OK, throw all the tomatoes of jealousy you want, but I went skiing again today! The plans were kind of last minute. My dear cousin, Jimmy, was in town. We are two months apart and were inseperable as kids when we all lived close. He's the first boy I ever said I'd marry :-) Anyway, haven't seen him since my wedding, so I wanted a Jimmy day. He said "We're going to the mountain. I'll buy you a ticket." So, my Mom and I drove north, she babysat, and I rode the slopes for two solid hours with Jim and my Uncle (this uncle is a coach emeritus with the PSIA and an amazing man... skiing one run with him is worth paying for five lessons, I swear!). It was so soul-filling. Nevie was a champ and drank all the milk I left for her (hooray for bendy-straw sippy cups!), plus much other food. She was happy and charming and slept alllllll the way home (about 1.5 hours in the car). Dan got a breather and some homework/housework done and we ALL WIN.

Kitchen guys did not show today. WTF? Why can't contractors at least make a simple phone call "Hey, we're on another job today/in the shop/sick/hungover. We'll see you tomorrow." I want my stinking kitchen done, dude!

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#65 of 1080 Old 04-04-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantimama View Post
[. . .]studying in the hopes that someday I might be able to offer something helpful to people who are hurting and suffering [. . .]
You will. You already do. God bless you.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#66 of 1080 Old 04-04-2007, 11:26 PM

hi.
Well, I am supposed to hear tomorrow or friday. For the love of Pete....I'm ready for this to be over. I'm feeling pretty pessimistic at this point, whereas i was fairly confident earlier in the process. I just am one big ball of stress and I think I might actually explode. For reals. I am either going to have one enormous celebration binge of food and liquor or one monstrous consolation binge of the same.
Ran an easy three miles tonight to test out my post-20 mile legs. Felt good, but I have a twinge of something in my groin (no, not a twinge of that something in my groin, dirty girls.). I'm hoping that it's just still a little sore from the monster run. It's near the spot I struggled with last year, so we'll see.

Amelia had to have blood tests done yesterday at her 18 month appointment because we're concered about diabetes or other endochrinology issues... I was hoping to hear today, but didn't. Yet another call to wait for tomorrow to be stressed about. yay me.
#67 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRebRun View Post
:Amelia had to have blood tests done yesterday at her 18 month appointment because we're concered about diabetes or other endochrinology issues...

Why are you concerned? Just because of family history? Did Libby have the same tests? Yeesh, I hope it all turns out okay. She is still so leetle. Sorry you are having such a crapola time of it. Stop by for a margarita any time. I'll lock the baby gate at the top of the stairs to prevent any more accidents.

This is a little late, but Miss Bliss, I loved the interpretive dance. LMAO on that one.

2BB You are my 5-in-a-row hero! I wanna do 5 in a row! Wait.. that means I would actually have to go for a run, doesn't it. It is 9:23pm. There are 12 minutes left until my pumpkin bread is done cooking. I should go run a couple after the bread is done, shouldn't I? Yes. I should. 2BB, you are my motivation and the only reason I'm going running tonight, when I'm already in my PJ's and could be chowing on warm pumpkin bread and tea instead. But no. I'm going to go run now. 1! 1! 1 is the start of a row!

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#68 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 12:36 AM

Monica, I just wrote about it on my blog... she has an unquenchable thirst and has for months and months and months. And she is lucky to have one solid poop every couple of months.
#69 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 09:51 AM

just continuing to read along.

walked for 45 minutes last night with a friend which was good for mind and body. no pain, so that's good. woke up to 5" of fresh snow, but that's okay as tomorrow is our company ski day and it will be nice to know that there will at least be some snow up there.

dh IM'd me to let me know the washing machine smelled like something mechanical went wrong. so i asked, 'was it unbalanced?' and he said yes and i asked, 'did you stop it and fix the problem.' and the answer was basically no. He's so fricken lazy. if the washing machine is making a racket, you stop it and redistribute the stuff. you don't just sit on your arse and wonder why it smells funny.

off to try to get my head into my work.
#70 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 10:11 AM
bec

Hugs to everyone that is having a rough time. I hope it gets better soon!

And jealous, green, nasty envy to those who are getting skiing! It has been so long since I've strapped boards on my feet! I want to go!

The kids are going with the neighbor girl across the street at 1, and I'm going to do my 25 minute run today! Another record for me, if I make it. I'm going to take it nice and slow, so I have success! It should be around 2.5 miles (if I go for distance, which I'll try, it will be around 26 minutes of running). Then, next week, it is all running for my runs. No more walking in the middle of jogs for this girl!

Next week, I'll be trying out the jog stroller, and my new schedule!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#71 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 10:33 AM

to all!

We've been sicky in our house too. Everyone feels sick and has colds. It's spring break...not fair!

Well we are heading to the grocery soon. It's ds b-day and Easter all on the same day...so I may need to make a cake! (DD is on Tuesday..lot's of baking will be happening here for the next few days) We are making hot cross buns this afternoon too. I make them every year and last year they were kind of heavy so I'm making an all out effort to bake them right this year.

I will be babysitting the next door neighbors kids this afternoon while she goes to a funeral of a Mommy (of 6 kids) who died in car wreck earlier this week.

Any way no exercise what so ever has taken place for me this week. I have just felt to sickly to do any.
#72 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 11:19 AM

I gave up and signed the latest counter this AM. Seven counters on a home in this range--ridiculous.: We're getting a several K less than I think the house is worth, but I'm just not willing to keep making monthly payments, losing a lot of $$ on a house we gain no benefit from. Taxes, insurance, interest, utilities...it just ain't worth it no more. And to remove this stress from the space between dh and me. I feel stretched to the point of breaking, and it needs to end. So I'll sign and hope it's a smooth, straight road from here to closing. We'll know in 10 days whether it's a go or not, and we'll continue to market the place. I have nothing but good to say about our realtor team in spite of the difficulties of the past couple months.

The chicks are doing well. What a relief. We'll raise the heatlamp a little each day until they are hardy, and have them moved out when dh leaves. It's so cold, my barn hose froze up this AM. My sisters are getting together and I would love to join them after parent-teacher conferences this AM, but I would also like to run. Hm. Orphan chicks are coming tonight, too.

You know, I just wanted to add that I have been fantasizing about how much fun it would be to just hang with you ladies in some relatively removed setting. Imagine two days of lounging, visiting, playing games, eating good food...of course, that pretty much is a Dingo meetup, isn't it? I hope I can make one someday soon. 'Twould be soooo much fun to be around all the energy.

Best, though, especially of late, if the dhs stay home with the kids. Then we could make fun of them uncensored. Can I get an Amen?
#73 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 11:28 AM

Amen - no, make that an AMEN
#74 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2babybees View Post
I did the last mile in between 7-7:30 min/mile. Felt good to burn the lungs a bit. Suppose to be even worse tomorrow. Luckily it is my planned day off (and my birthday ).
2bb, you are so FAST I can only dream of running a sub 8 min/mi. for 5 in a row and : to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
OK, throw all the tomatoes of jealousy you want, but I went skiing again today!
you'd better : quick! The produce is flying at ya now! Man, you and Mandy both get to go skiing. I'm really in the mood for spring but I would jump at the chance to go skiing.

Re: contractors - I feel your pain but unfortunately wouldn't know what it's like cus dh (with some of my help) does all of our remodeling. This is both a good and bad thing. Good - he gets stuff done - once he starts, he just goes until it's done and he does a good job. But, once he starts, he just goes until he gets it done which means he gets really ugly when there are roadblocks or problems along the way. Sometimes I wish we could just pay someone else to do the work. Megs - I hope you get your kitchen finished soon!

CherylAnn - . When I feel overwhelmed and paralyzed with too much to do, I make a list. Then I just pick one task and do it. Then keep going until you get to a better place.

Jooj - I'm glad you are getting closer to selling your house even it you're taking less than you wanted. There's a lot to be said for getting rid of that stress.

Eks - I hope you can find a way to get your job more in your control. I'm a little nervous about my future cus I'm in line for my soon-to-be-retiring boss's job and it will mean thinking about work when I'm at home. I'll get paid a lot more but will also have a lot more responsibility.

bec - keep up the good running - you can do it!

Reb - I hope you get answers soon for both the job and your dd.

monica did you run last night?

back later to post more....
#75 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatz View Post
Re: contractors - I feel your pain but unfortunately wouldn't know what it's like cus dh (with some of my help) does all of our remodeling. This is both a good and bad thing. Good - he gets stuff done - once he starts, he just goes until it's done and he does a good job. But, once he starts, he just goes until he gets it done which means he gets really ugly when there are roadblocks or problems along the way. Sometimes I wish we could just pay someone else to do the work.
This is how it is in our house. Well, not so much DH doing all the work, although he does some, but my father. There are most definitely pros and cons either way.

2bbs : Hope your day is a great one!

Jo, congrats, even if it seems like you are settling for less. Get rid of the stress. And AMEN!

Woke up feeling really crappy today. My skin is itching, I am fatter than I can remember when and feel utterly powerless to do anything about it, I have no clothes that fit properly, I could see the daffodils in our garden blooming and there are snow flurries in the air. : Makes me think of W, how sad of a thought is that?!?

But now the sun is shining and I feel slightly better. Need to get moving to get DD1 from her sleepover. Apparently it went well, but there was little sleep. DD2 misses DD1.

And I need to find my running mojo again. I get glimpses of it, and then it leaves me again.
#76 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 12:15 PM

We wound up selling our last house for a LOT less than it was worth or we wanted - but in the end we just decided the stress wasn't worth the extra money, even though it was a lot of money. When I calculated how much we were spending every month on all of the costs related to hanging on to the place, I mentally subtracted that amount from our final sale price evey month it stayed on the market. When we finally got an offer that wasn't totaly rude, we just took it and breathed a huge sigh of relief. If we had gotten what we were asking we woldn't have the debt stress that we do now, but even that will be gone in a few years and I am so relieved to be rid of the responsibility of two houses.

The snow is falling pretty heavily right now - I think I am going to get out there and enjoy it while it lasts.
#77 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 01:31 PM

happy birthday 2bbs!!!!!! glad things are looking up for your spring running.

thinking about everyone with the house stuff. we sold a million houses growing up and it sucked. I have never sold one as an adult, and I have to admit that my goal is to never have to : but who knows.

I am feeling really yucky this week...AF is here in full force, dd is on spring break, dh's big worship is this weekend and he is mentally absent but physically here (terrible combination and we just had a fight for the first time in a while), and my mom is coming today. nothing too terrible but I am just stressed, and haven't run since the race on Saturday. will try to get a few in this weekend with my mom here and all and maybe that'll make it all better. a mama can hope, right?

sorry I am lame with personals lately. thinking about y'all and reading though.
#78 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 02:11 PM

I'm lousy on the personals right now, too. I'm keeping up, though, and thinking of you.

I feel so much better today. The kind of stuff I have on my plate right now can't be ticked off on a list. I so wish it could! Actually, there are several things I can do so I am doing them. It's the other stuff that has to do with other people and what they are responsible for that has me down. And then yesterday I learned an important lesson. Sometimes it is good to challenge yourself to do things that are really hard. Sometimes it is okay to not take on the challenge. I think I have a real phobia when it comes to talking to people on the phone. Especially when it involves asking them for money. But, I don't have to do this. I don't have to make sales calls or solicit from anyone if I don't want to. It's not a requirement for living and I'm not a waste of a person because I can't do it at this point in my life. While I was blubbering about what a failure I am as a human (I know. Bad example. Bad parenting. It was a low point) Naomi said to me, "You can do other things, Mom." Which was super sweet and considerate of her. She's a nice kid, but rarely is she sweet. She is the quintessential Scorpio. Sweetness is a not an adjective one would associate with her. But, it really hit me that I CAN do other things. I'm not a loser just because I can't make these phone calls. So, I begged Fletcher to do them for me. He is a salesman. That's his job. It took him 15 minutes after I agonized for more than 2 hours about it to make the calls and secure sponsorship for my show. In return, I made phone calls and ran errands to take care of things that were on his plate. So, I got to tick things off a list for sure. But, I felt like crap the rest of the day. At 6pm I still hadn't done my laundry or gotten out for a run. Naomi had two friends over for a "Lord of the Rings" movie fest since we are finally letting her watch them. I made them homemade pizza and was starting to feel like maybe I can be a mom, chatting and hanging out. Fletcher came home and we quickly ate a slice of pizza and left Naomi and her friends to babysit the two littler kids while we went for a run together. I can't tell you how nice it is that I can run with my husband now. Remember that he started running in December and three weeks later had run 10.7 miles. He just did 4.2 miles in 32 minutes over the weekend. I'm a snail even though I've been running for more than 5 years now. But, just the fact that he IS running is so wonderful! It is becoming a family things. Naomi wants us to take her on 1-2 mile runs to get her ready for the Pig Jig 5k in May. Sophia and Oliver want to do the 2k. I'm off on a tangent. But, it was good to get out with him. I was supposed to do 5 miles. After the first 24 minutes, I felt like I maybe could do 5 miles, but it was getting dark and all our running clothes are black, so we ran about 3.2 or so. Probably a bit more. Lots of hills. It was a good 39 min. workout. While we were running Fletch asked me where I was in my cycle and it was such a moment. I am PMS'ing big time! THAT is the problem! That and I really can't make soliciting phone calls. But, I knew the world wasn't falling apart. I just couldn't figure out how to keep MY world from falling apart.

If you made it through that excuse for a paragraph, you deserve a medal!

Today I have 8 miles on the docket. I've already been to the printers for the tickets and have to get the program and an ad done by tomorrow morning. Easy speasy. But, I still have two big girls over and soon a little boy is arriving to play with Oliver, and there is a meeting and other errands, so scheduling it all is : But, at least today I feel like I can handle my life.
#79 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 03:03 PM

taxes are done, i am thrilled - the amount we are getting back should perfectly cover our bathroom disaster.

off to pack - i'm taking ds back to the city, and we're staying there until the bathroom is done, drywall dust is not all over my house, and i can shower at home. thank you.

hopefully i'll be home by sunday so i can do a 13 mile lr here instead of ny - that would just suck. i can't run more than a mile in my parents' neighborhood without major hills. would i be a loser to take the subway to central park for a more interesting run?
#80 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate~mom View Post
taxes are done, i am thrilled - the amount we are getting back should perfectly cover our bathroom disaster.

off to pack - i'm taking ds back to the city, and we're staying there until the bathroom is done, drywall dust is not all over my house, and i can shower at home. thank you.

hopefully i'll be home by sunday so i can do a 13 mile lr here instead of ny - that would just suck. i can't run more than a mile in my parents' neighborhood without major hills. would i be a loser to take the subway to central park for a more interesting run?
Loser?!? You should jump at the opportunity!!! Have fun!
#81 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate~mom View Post
Of course not! I don't know of any rule that says that any travel to get to a place to run is not allowed.

We will be crossing paths -- we are heading to PA tomorrow. We are considering when will be the best time to travel, which is most likely tomorrow morning. Neither one of us really wants to spend any extra time with his family : , so I was trying to think of something to do on the way. Any ideas for off of I78? Patty, Mandy, anyone?
#82 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 03:16 PM

CherylAnn, I'm so glad your day got better yesterday. That was a great solution to have your dh make the calls and you do other things for him. I'm really bad at those kinds of things too and my dh could sell swamp land in AZ. But I can whip out computer projects like nobody's business and his computer skills are stuck in 1990. We all have our talents. Isn't PMS a wicked thing? I never used to get it bad but now that I've had two kids, my whole body is different including that I now get really bitchy when I O and when AF comes. But, EFA's and a mineral supp have helped a ton. And just recognizing that fact that PMS is why I'm hell on wheels helps too. Your play will be great! I used to run a pre-college program for middle school girls - we'd get about 250 here on campus for a day of sci-related career activities. Tons of details to manage with that one - and lots of stress. But each year I did it, it got easier although some things always were a challenge like getting donations to cover half the cost. Anyway, once you get this play under your belt, you'll feel much better about doing another one if you choose to. As Charlotte says "chin up" (: ing from Wendy!).

So.... I wrote to a friend in an email this morning that I'd better get into the MS program to which I applied. I came back from lunch to find a "congratulations, you've been admitted" email. Yea me! But now the real work begins - ack! Talk about full plate and all other multi-tasking cliches and metaphors - that will be me. But, I need to do this and am up for the challenge.

My half-marathon training is a different story.... I just couldn't bring myself to run at the comm ctr yesterday as planned so I was really behind in my miles for this week. But, I got out the door this morning by 5:10 and ran 6 miles in 20 deg with a 20 mph wind. The real test will come this weekend when I need to do 6 on Sat and 6 on Sunday while I'm at my brother's house. If I can't pull that off, the half may be out of reach -- at least the one I'd like to do at the end of May.
#83 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

HAPpy Birthday 2BBs! Hope you're making the most of it!

Jooj- Congrats on off-loading the house. I'm sorry you had to take less than you'd hoped but at least it's one thing you can stop dealing with.

And that concludes my personals for today. Gotta cruise!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#84 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatz View Post
monica did you run last night?
Fo' Sho! 3 miles. After getting ready and everything I didn't get home until 10:15. Whee! I'm a night time marauder runner. Passed lots of people out smoking cigarettes on their porches in the dark. I'm glad I still have one dog left to run with me. Woof.

Jo - AMEN!

2BB - Happy Birthday!!!!!

#85 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 04:13 PM

: 2BBs!!!! Congrats on 5 in a row and the kick butt times! Before you know it you will be back to your 2 a day runs

kate~mom-get your butt to the subway! A run in Central Park sounds like fun-you should meet up with Moonshine and get her running mojo kickstarted

plady-had to crack up at your "its like herding cats" comment-that is one of my dh's favorite remarks about some of his coworkers

schatz- I loved your little one's birthstory-how beautiful and empowering to know your body that well

eksmom-how are you feeling? i have got a sinus infection as well-not fun. hope work becomes a little less stressful. Did you confront the VP at all about the comments?

I can't remember whose sister has the broken ankle? I broke mine in college running of all things-in the dark (taking a break during finals week-argh)-its a biotch of a place to break. Rest. rest rest. Although I went running the second the ortho.said I could. Literally. My roommate dropped me off after my appt-I laced up my shoes and went out!
#86 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 04:14 PM

This morning on the Wiggles they had a brief spot on Dingos. Murray said "Dingos like to howl." Can I get an ARRROOOOOO!!!

#87 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 04:54 PM

Happy Birthday 2bb's!!!

I need some exercise advice. I just got back from a run. I went 5km, but I really can't do it right now. My muscles are fine, my endurance is great, I WANT to run and feel that energy that only a run will satisfy - but my lungs just will not co-operate. I have been faithfully sucking back my asthma meds but I had to bail and only run half of what I wanted to because I just couldn't breathe. I actually had my cell phone with me - I almost never bring it on runs, but I had it just in case I didn't make it back in time for the school bus - and I called dh at work and told him I needed to take the car and drive home. : I have a crazy case of hiccups from sucking the air in and my kids will love it because by the time they get home I will probably be burping like mad getting all of the air out of my stomach - where it goes when my lungs put up the "no admittance" sign

So what can I do for exercise until this settles down?There is no pool nearby so swimming is out. I like to run becasue I like being outside, the change of scenery and it keeps me in good shape. I can't think of what else to do and I am not liking how tight my jeans are these days : Quilting and knitting just don't seem to burn off many calories and while my hands look great, those are the only muscles those activities keep in shape :

There are many worse health issues I could be dealing with instead of asthma, but this one really stinks when I want to run.
#88 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Shanti, can you ride a bike along that beautiful shore you've got there?
#89 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 05:04 PM

still nada on the job news....
can I get a #*$&%*## ???
#90 of 1080 Old 04-05-2007, 05:14 PM

#*$&%*## !!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page