Dingos after the Easter Bunny! April Runners' thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2007, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome everyone in favor of forward motion! Sprinters, Runners, Joggers Woggers, Walkers and Wannabes welcome here!

Oldies and newbies here to support encourage and inspire! Come on in!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2007, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

BBM - I can just imagine the sinking feeling you must have had hearing E in the background! I'm glad the rest of the day went okay.

Okay, as usual I forgot to sub in before. I'm aiming for some wogging today, wish me luck!

Old 04-03-2007, 11:08 AM

Old 04-03-2007, 11:19 AM

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
Old 04-03-2007, 11:37 AM

Old 04-03-2007, 11:51 AM

I can't really keep up, but...

congrats to house selling/buying successes
And good surgeries that produce anomalies

And the AMAZING long runs, and fence building, company daunting runs too!

I've had to go back a few weeks in my "training." I was on week four of my program and had to go back to week two. For a couple reasons, a) the behemoth of a double stroller is so much harder to push and requires a lot of extra energy and b) I didn't get much done last week running-wise. But it's all good. I did 20 minutes this morning and it felt good.

The first day went okay. I only had two clients and that worked well. I made the mistake of calling right before my very first client and heard baby E screaming in the background. He was hungry but didn't want the bottle. I have to get off the phone and now greet my first client back to see how they are doing. Uh huh. I called back right after session and I guess he settled down and took 4 oz. I had pumped 8, so I knew he was hungry. When I got home I could tell he had been crying with dh too. But I got a lot of good snuggles last night in bed. And dd this morning.

Thanks plady - reposted over here...
Old 04-03-2007, 12:03 PM

If you have something to add, just let me know. PM-ing is probably the best way to assure that I see it, but posting is OK too.

schatz - Crazy Legs Classic 5 miler - April 28
kate~mom - Lehigh Valley Half Marathon - April 29
2babybees - Trail 1/2 Marathon - April 29
HBM - AES Fun Run 5K - April 28
mamabeth - half - April (?)
Runningmommy, doctorjen, Balancin1 - Indy Mini-Marathon (half) - May 5
Megs_BK - Bloomsday 12K - May 6
ChamaMama - Run for the Zoo 10K - May 7
CherylAnn and family - Pig Jig 5K - May 12
HBM - Mayor's Challenge 10K - May 19
1jooj and cRebRun - Green Bay Marathon - May 20
Schatz - Mad City Half Marathon - May 27
2babybees - Flirt with Dirt 10K - June 9
HBM, mamabeth - Peachtree Road Race 10K - July 4
bec - 5K - July 4
JayGee - Chicagoland Danskin Women's Triathlon - July 8
Runningmommy, Balancin1 - Chicago Marathon - October 7

The Preggo Dingo List
sally_Z - June
Po6 - late July
Plady - Sept 20

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

Old 04-03-2007, 12:31 PM

BBM whew, you made it through the first day back. Each day will get a little easier. My own dd2 would drink about 25% of what I pumped for about the first 2 months. I figured she'd drink what she wanted. Dh just kept offering and she kept refusing.

Running: there's a sloppy mess out there right now. It isn't happening.

My dog is in for surgery. He has a fatty mass right behind his armpit. Oh and a lump on his rump. and they just called: do we want them to do heartworm test and remove the lump on his eyelid too? One stop shopping. I can only imagine what it will cost me to pick him up.

House: inspection is at 430. I'm semi-relieved I can't be there and am sending dh.

nd I'm waiting to see your alien mass.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
Old 04-03-2007, 12:33 PM

Subbing, and reading, back later. And these are for my DD, because she loves them:

:
Old 04-03-2007, 12:40 PM

Hooray for 2BB's!!!!

5, 5, 5 in a row!!! :

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
Old 04-03-2007, 12:48 PM

subbing....

will run sometime soon but am taking a short break to make sure my lungs get fixed. still feeling the asthma stuff, and it doesn't help that our pollen count is, like, a jillion. my porch is absolutely yellow!

yay to long runners!

nd, glad you're feeling a bit better and everything went well.

I went to a toddler meeting for LLL last night and it was awesome. J has been driving me NUTS lately and everyone was sort of in the same boat and commiserated...so nice!

must go try to sell some more stuff....
Old 04-03-2007, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

ND - I am so relieved your last package finally arrived! Sheesh our mail is slow! I'd expected it to be there when you got back from your trip. Glad things feel like they're knitting together as they should, can't wait to see your alien.

Kerc - Hope your dog is okay and that the bill doesn't kill you!

Okay, time to stop puttering.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:58 PM

morning mamas!

No running this morning - it was pouring rain! I could have handled a light rain but not sheets of rain. However, it is supposed to clear by this afternoon so I have my clothes with me at work so I can get out for a quick run on the campus before I head home.

ND - the garage sale is May 10-12 -- it's crazy - brat stands abound, people everywhere - even if it's raining. We've had people come to our sale from as far as 4 hours away.

So I told my dh about the dingos last night -- well, not in any great detail cus he was miffed that I haven't been talking about all of you all along. But, he opened my mail - how is that right? In the end he was most irritated that I didn't save the postage receipts from the SS packages. Oy! Oh well, that cat is out of the bag and dh and I are all good.

Now that I'm getting back to finishing this post after talking to my boss for 90 minutes, the rain has stopped - yea! I should be able to run later without needing flippers.

bbm - I'm glad your little guy at least took the bottle some, even if it wasn't all that you pumped. Look at it this way, at least he didn't eat all of it and then want more -- my kids did take bottles well and I had trouble keeping up with them at times. And aren't those snuggles the best? That's what keeps me cosleeping even though I often wake up with kinks in my back, neck, knees....
Old 04-03-2007, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksmom View Post
Runningmommy, doctorjen, Balancin1, eksmom - Indy Mini-Marathon (half) - May 5

It looks like DH is taking DD to Portland that weekend to visit my MIL. Can E and I come hang out for any post-half marathon gathering??
Old 04-03-2007, 01:20 PM

Hey Geo - I forgot to with you about the lost milk. I would have been furious. I'm so glad I haven't flown yet under the new rules and that I'm not pumping anymore. I brought a week's worth of milk back from Italy last year and it wasn't frozen. All the hassles I went through getting ice, etc. would have been for naught if I couldn't have carried it on. I traveled a lot when dd was little but mostly pumped and dumped cus I had no storage for it. Oh, and I did pump on planes too so if traveling today, I would be carrying potentially hazardous materials in my carryon! What is this world coming to? yeesh.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz View Post

It looks like DH is taking DD to Portland that weekend to visit my MIL. Can E and I come hang out for any post-half marathon gathering??

OF COURSE!!!!!! PLEASE come out to see us!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:03 PM

So... it's been too long since I've done anything super active. Last Friday's poor excuse for a wog was the last one. I'm rather chained to the house today -- supposed to be getting our kitchen cabinets installed today (but not holding out extreme hope... we were *supposed* to get them yesterday). Although that might be a good time to use the jogger once again and just see if she'll tolerate it so that I can have some sanity.

I think she's going to pop a top tooth soon. Please, god, let yesterday's manic cranky baby just be the result of teething! By the time we went to bed, I was just feeling like she was being a punk for punk's sake and I was sooooo tired of it. DH not so happy with me on that one. Oh well. He is not her human pacifier.

EKsmom... Add me to the race list, please! I'm going to do Bloomsday on May 6th, even if I have to walk part of it (it's a 12K). I'm thinking of doing a 10K trail run on the 22d of April. There's a 5K option, which would be totally do-able, but I've gotta get myself out of this 3-mile rut. Maybe it would help if I, you know, RAN. It is soooo easy for me to find excuses not to go.

OK, well, while I'm thinking about it, I'm going to call the nearby Montessori school and see if they have openings for next fall (or right now to start weaning her in to the day care routine and give me time to do homework and clean and run and stuff).

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:05 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! This is me pulling my hair out.

DS 2 has strep throat and ear infection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so beyond us all being sick!!!!!

RR: I was up all night (every hour) with ds2, so I was exhausted this morning. I didn't get my 11 miles in yet. I got ds2 into the doctor then I had a dental appt. I rushed to the dentist after dropping ds at home only to be told it is scheduled for tomorrow (I KNOW it was supposed to be today). I'm going to take a nap and then think about running this afternoon. IT's gorgeous outside and dh is home, so I could run outside again. Just not sure I have it in me.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:10 PM

Subbing. Am back from my weekend trip and had a good long sleep to recover from a weekend of not so much sleeping. Took all my running gear along except my shoes. Could have borrowed some, but didn't. Oh well.

Had a super nice time and it looks like I will either be a labor doula or postpartum doula (most likely the latter) for my friend. Very cool either way.

Off to go convince the kids that they really do want to go to the zoo.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:03 PM

: subbing

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
Old 04-03-2007, 03:08 PM

What a morning.: We got an offer, but it's so low, we're countering it but not very hopeful that it will go anywhere. Oh, well. Hope against reason, right? I need to run. Dh is totally on my nerves, and I am generally having a high-anxiety day. Think I'll make some lunch, eat and try to run a bit befor getting ds from school. Wish I felt better about the offer.: Factor in the cold, gray day and snow in tonight's forecast, and of course I'm feeling pessimistic. I think my shoes are a contributing factor at this point to my lack of desire to run. My legs are now sore after every run, due to broken-down shoe support, and I just think ahead to my tired, sore IT band and say, "Do I HAVE to?"
Old 04-03-2007, 03:15 PM

I'm going to try to keep up w/ this thread. Did an elliptical yesterday.
Jo Congrats on the home offer Hope they want it enouth to raise it.
kerc - sorry about the vet $$ hope your dog feels better after everything!
Old 04-03-2007, 03:52 PM

Going. In. Sane.

Will they ever call?
Old 04-03-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz View Post
Ooh, please come hang with us! What fun it would be to find you at the finish line! And feel free to think up any other science-y ideas. Dd is mulling over the earthquake ideas, but has her heart set on something to do with rocks or gems (although I can't imagine what.) She just took rose quartz out of the tumbler last night.

Ran 6 on Sunday, off yesterday as planned, but don't see getting to the 5 I'm supposed to do tonight. I got 2 hours sleep. Remember my son's friend with the pregnant girlfriend? She birthed her baby at 7:18 this morning - all 8 lbs 13 oz of her, kneeling on the floor, holding Alex (the dad's) hands while he lay on the bed to hold her up. I am constantly amazed at what a teenager's body can do! After whining through much of her pregnancy she was unbelievable in labor - never did get in the bed, but rocked, walked, bounced, soaked all night long. This morning, she finally stood leaning over her mom and started to grunt with contractions. Eventually, she flopped down on the cool floor, and then lay with her upper body in her mom's lap on the floor and pushed. Finally, she got up to kneel holding Alex's hands and pushed out this big girl. Less than 30 seconds later, she climbed into the bed, lifting her leg over the baby as she climbed, and took the baby out of my hands and held her naked baby against her naked self and everybody in the room had a good cry. Poor Alex gave a speech in his college class late yesterday afternoon while she was in early labor, and left an hour after the birth to take his midterms. Hopefully, caffeine and adrenaline will keep him going!

Gotta go back to work. I could use some caffeine and adrenaline myself!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
I think she's going to pop a top tooth soon. Please, god, let yesterday's manic cranky baby just be the result of teething! By the time we went to bed, I was just feeling like she was being a punk for punk's sake and I was sooooo tired of it. DH not so happy with me on that one. Oh well. He is not her human pacifier.
Totally sounds like the teething fusspot in our house. Nora has now moved on to her cuspids and I am being used as a human pacifier. Dh is really great about wearing her a lot, but he also has an expectation that he can just hand her to me at any moment to nurse her. That always seems to me like some kind of weird 3rd party triangulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post
We got an offer, but it's so low, we're countering it but not very hopeful that it will go anywhere. Oh, well.
Hopefully they are willing to negotiate! I can commiserate about needing new shoes, I also need new shoes, but it just isn't in the budget right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybugmama View Post
I've had to go back a few weeks in my "training." I was on week four of my program and had to go back to week two. For a couple reasons, a) the behemoth of a double stroller is so much harder to push and requires a lot of extra energy and b) I didn't get much done last week running-wise. But it's all good. I did 20 minutes this morning and it felt good.
In nice weather I run with the double jogger, and honestly, sometimes it feels like twice the workout of running without it. But it also makes me really appreciate the long runs when I get to run without it.

RR: Nothing. Still resting from all the hills Maybe I'll get some nice walks in this weekend. Nora and I are flying to Indiana for a friend's wedding, and meeting my mom out there. I'm excited!

Abby
Old 04-03-2007, 04:43 PM

Wow-all of these house offers-congrats, ladies! Jooj-hope they accept the counter offer!

My dad is back in the hospital He had to go in last night-they called him in after getting the latest blood tests back-his blood count is low and they are trying to figure out why.

No running until these allergies clear up. I suppose I could go to the Y and go on the dreadmill-but I think I would be hacking away-probably not a good idea Although me and the netipot have been like this lately :

What a great birthstory, DrJen

eksmom-ugh-read your blog We had a change in the head of our company about a year before I left-totally changed morale-no one can stand him. Kind of sad. And welcome to the women who have cried at work-sadly-I think it is a large group of us. There was actually an article in the Post about that this past weekend in the job section.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:32 PM

DrJen -- wow. That girl is on my awesome list. Thanks for the story!

I have sooooo cried at work. Lots. I worked for a big, bad, bully the first year we were in Okinawa. Let's just say... deploying to Baghdad was an improvement. My mom wrote her dissertation on Covert Aggression in the Workplace and its impact on the health of the organization. My story is all over the place in her research. So, it had some benefit. helped show me that I didn't like my job enough to deal with crap like that and i started preparing for PT school. Everything happens for a reason, yet I don't think that it justifies allowing a-holes to be managers. I'll have to read your blog, Eksmom.

I totally forgot to give mad, mad props to Wendy (Geofizz) for being such a thoughtful secret sprinter. Her last gift was a custom child's t-shirt that says "When I Grow Up I Want to be a Physical Therapist Like Mommy." Hellzyeah! That'll earn me some points in school next year ;-)

RR: Just came in from 2.7 lovely, sunny, energetic miles. I went out with no real purpose other than to GO. Dan's at school, so I put Nevie's unhappy self in the jogger. When she'd complain, I'd just say "sorry, kid. Mama's gotta do this. Some day you'll thank me." I got some nice little hills in my route today. I didn't go any faster than normal (about 10 min/mile) but I went and it felt amazing. My lesson for today is: I HAVE to run before lunch! Nevie fell asleep in the stroller, so I left her in there for a moment and did pushups and some ab work/stretching/yoga in the backyard.

The contractors are back! We get cabinets today!

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:20 PM

I'm supposed to run tonight and I'm just not feelin' it. Must.make.myself.do.it.

Pumpkinseed, so sorry about your dad. I hope they figure it out soon and it's something easily taken care of.

Megs-Good for you for claiming your sanity run.

Doctorjen-Awesome for that new, young family. I hope he was able to do well on his midterms.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
Old 04-03-2007, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjen View Post
Ooh, please come hang with us! What fun it would be to find you at the finish line! And feel free to think up any other science-y ideas. Dd is mulling over the earthquake ideas, but has her heart set on something to do with rocks or gems (although I can't imagine what.) She just took rose quartz out of the tumbler last night.
Lemme think about the tumbler. What else might be available? Microscopes with polarizers? Where at ANL does your DH work? Not APS, is it? Hmmm, she's under 18, so that'll be tough wrt radiation restrictions.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:30 PM

just got a call from my little sister that she broke her ankle while longboarding to class... I don't know what she is going to do for the next few weeks - she is one of the most active people I know and one of her jobs is training horses....

anybody have any advice on any food or supplements that aid in healing? Megs - any PT advice? She is currently trying to figure out how to do cardio in crutches

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)

User Tag List