Dingos - it's May - come tiptoe (or run, walk, or wog) through the tulips with us - Page 52 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1531 of 1537 Old 06-01-2007, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantimama View Post
That is interesting - as I sit here, online, typing at MDC, it says I am not actually here online.

I wonder where I am?????
Truly, that is the profound philosophical question of life.

Swimming was way less crowded tonight. Norma was there and refused to make eye contact or engage me in conversation. Say it with me, y'awl: "She can bite me, 'cause I had fun!"

Dan is upstairs putting the finishing touches on "Nevie Go To Sleep". I am going to stay down here and have a glass of wine. It will probably knock my a$$ out.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1532 of 1537 Old 06-01-2007, 12:48 AM

Actually running to report here, just 1.5 miles (it was one of those time when any run is better than no run ) around the neighborhood real quick w/ DD in the stroller....

.... and I got my rec center pass today - it is only $50 for faculty and staff for the semester and I'm going to check out the treadmills tomorrow... this is kind of embarrassing, but I haven't been on a treadmill in, oh, over 5 years. I hope I don't fall off or break anything

Wendy - did you run?? hope this whole breathing thing clears up SOON!

WTG everyone on your runs, bikes, and swims today!!

Poppy - hope the poison ivy clears up soon!
and Plady - I am wincing just thinking about your encounter - yikes!

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#1533 of 1537 Old 06-01-2007, 01:04 AM

wawoof ~ Thank you!! I got the package today. I didn't know it was going to be the whole kit. That rocks. I paypaled you.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#1534 of 1537 Old 06-01-2007, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

it's June 1 ..... I seem to be first on-line this morning but I started the new thread last month .... anyone? ..... anyone?

Thought about running this morning but ds had other ideas so I didn't get up early enough - I wasn't super motivated to go anyway. Tomorrow should be better.

My cousin had her baby yesterday. From the brief report I got third-hand, it sounds like it went well and fast. I suspect they broke her water - she was 5 cm, a little crampy and her BP had been slightly up for a few days (she was full pre-e with her dd). I'm hoping her new little ds is latching on well - her dd did not and that combined with the effects of mag sulfate and a day of bottles prior to discharge for too much weight loss led to my cousin pumping for seven months before she gave up - her dd never did nurse. This is baby #1 of the 5 babies I know irl who are due this summer.

Oo, oo, oo, I knew what a fisher was - do I get an A? Maybe it's a WI thing?

Woo hoo CherylAnn on - Hey and I just noticed that JenLove is over 1000 too - did we miss that somehow?

Geo - I hope you can find some answers for your breathing troubles - at least the docs didn't write you a bunch of useless scripts and pat you on the head.

And I forgot to welcome Patty back the other day - sounds like your trip was fab! I'm as green as the Irish hills with envy! Can we see pics?
#1535 of 1537 Old 06-01-2007, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
#1536 of 1537 Old 06-01-2007, 11:16 AM

So do any of you say that for good luck on the first day of the month? I always have but I don't think I've ever met anyone else who does, don't know where my mom came up with it.
Anyway.

Eks - I would be really annoyed if dd came home from school singing that song. It's one thing to learn it at camp where you go to learn obnoxious stuff but school? I'd totally be fussing. Using music to teach things (like the names of states, presidents, countries etc, is great. Using it to embed into kids brains names of places that they don't need but will mysteriously be attracted to ever after is sick. :

Geo - I hope you can figure out the breathing thing. I vote for anxiety too. The door business could have been the final straw.

Okay, I'm going to make way for someone who is actually running to start the June thread!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#1537 of 1537 Old 06-01-2007, 03:20 PM

Kristin's Officially Announced Goal for the Month of June:

run the Midnight Sun Race she missed last year due to an unscheduled trip to see sister in Detroit. 5km I believe.

editing to add:
My new nanny/sitter freaking ROCKS! As in totally, without a doubt is a good fit for my family. Too bad she's returning to school at UW Madison in the fall (Schatz, ND -- I'd pass along her name/number in a heartbeat).

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page