dingoes running in the sun - Page 29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#841 of 1384 Old 06-16-2007, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay bec!!! That is smoking fast for someone running there first race!! (And honestly, smoking fast for many running veterans!) I'm so proud of you! I wish I wasn't on call this weekend and could have made it up there. You, me, and Balancin1 have to see if we can find a race to do together sometime.

Yay Jaygee!! That tri sounds like great fun!! Only 12 women? Was it a smaller race, then?

I might get out for a short run tonight, then hoping for 8 tomorrow. It is really hot here, now. Finally got around to replacing the circuit board on my treadmill, but it didn't fix the treadmill, so outside or at the Y or the hospital treadmills are my only options right now. Maybe I'll try to get up early and run?

My house is a disaster. Really. Not just messy, but dirty, and we just can't keep up with it. Sigh.

I have got to get to taking knitting pictures and figure out how to get them on the blog. I'm so proud of my first socks!
#842 of 1384 Old 06-16-2007, 08:03 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjen View Post
Yay bec!!! That is smoking fast for someone running there first race!! (And honestly, smoking fast for many running veterans!) I'm so proud of you! I wish I wasn't on call this weekend and could have made it up there. You, me, and Balancin1 have to see if we can find a race to do together sometime.
We totally should! The local hospital has a 10k every fall. :

Seriously, thanks everyone!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#843 of 1384 Old 06-16-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
I have got to get to taking knitting pictures and figure out how to get them on the blog. I'm so proud of my first socks!
I want to see those socks! Posting pictures on the blog is really easy. You just click on the little "insert image" icon, and then upload them from your computer (and be sure to click their little "accept terms" box) and that is it. Easy as pie.

You know, people could post pictures of finished dishes on the recipe blog, too. That might be fun. :

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#844 of 1384 Old 06-16-2007, 09:27 PM

I might have finally figured out how to post some pictures. If I did, here is Caroline's recent B-day cake, and pics of RM and I at the half. If it doesn't work - let me know!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8992685@N02/
#845 of 1384 Old 06-16-2007, 09:49 PM

pretty cake doctorjen You guys look great!
#846 of 1384 Old 06-16-2007, 10:09 PM

7. Ugh. It was hot. But it's done. I'm really wiped, which sucks considering a few months ago 7 wouldn't have been worth whining about. [I feel a Megs coming on:] Le Sigh. [/Megs]

Bec and DrJen, count me in! I'd love it. Jen, I still need to phone the tri people, it got backburnered last week.

ETA: and in other cheerful news, my aunt died today. She's been in the hospital for several weeks and not expected to make it, so I was ready for it, but I'm feeling really sad for my cousins.
#847 of 1384 Old 06-16-2007, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonikitaUT View Post
Okay, I re-sent the invite. Does your email have a junk mail filter? You might want to check and see if they are winding up in there.

Woohoo! Me too! That is, if it happens to dry before then. Cotton takes fooooorever to "lay flat to dry", even after being rolled in towels first. Then I have to get DH to take some pictures, and all that, so we'll see. It might end up being Monday.

It is 106 degrees here right now, and DH is out running. He is INSANE. We usually have two weeks of temps over 100 in July, and whereas it is starting early this year I'm guessing it will be more like a month. Yeehaw.

Aurora - I hope you and your kids are keeping cool! : I haven't checked the temps for down south, but I'm guessing you're right around the same. Stay inside and knit.

106? Are you serious? I do not know how hot it is here but it is bad. Very, very bad! The kids and I just got back from shopping for Fathers Day stuff. Dh wanted a tree. We were out walking around nursery's in this blistering heat. We found a cute little 18" Bristlecone Pine. Dh is going to be super happy!

Is your dh ok? Did he melt or get heat stroke or something?

I cannot wait to see Smooch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
You've both inspired me today. Rock ON.

Quote:
I might have finally figured out how to post some pictures. If I did, here is Caroline's recent B-day cake, and pics of RM and I at the half. If it doesn't work - let me know!
Cute cake! I love seeing pictures of you all. It is so nice to have a face for the name.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#848 of 1384 Old 06-16-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balancin1 View Post
7. Ugh. It was hot. But it's done. I'm really wiped, which sucks considering a few months ago 7 wouldn't have been worth whining about. [I feel a Megs coming on:] Le Sigh. [/Megs]

Bec and DrJen, count me in! I'd love it. Jen, I still need to phone the tri people, it got backburnered last week.

ETA: and in other cheerful news, my aunt died today. She's been in the hospital for several weeks and not expected to make it, so I was ready for it, but I'm feeling really sad for my cousins.
I am sorry for your family.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#849 of 1384 Old 06-16-2007, 10:36 PM

balancin1 wanna talk non-crunchy? I live in freaking Duluth. That's on the shore of Lake Superior. I'm thinking AC for the new house. AC as in a window unit, but still....

chicago marathon, if I have my s*** together I might come watch/cheer/dingopalooze.

leah can climb out of her crib, effective today. which means we commence the 10000000 times back to the crib in one night. argh!!!!

ok gotta run, I'm baking some rhubarb tastiness for myself. Its been a hot, rough day. Yeah and my response? turn the oven on.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#850 of 1384 Old 06-16-2007, 10:44 PM

B1 ~ I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt.

Monikita ~ Is your husband crazy?! : It got up to 85* in my living room today and I took the dog out for a drive. I couldn't take it anymore. Now it's beautiful outside.

jen ~ Great pictures! I bet that cake tastes as good as it looks.

So what does everyone have planned for Father's Day? I think I'm going to bake my dad some cookies since he loves sweets. Anyone have an awesome recipe to share?

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#851 of 1384 Old 06-16-2007, 11:32 PM

JayGee and Bec you rock!!!!!

I am totally ready for tomorrow. I am so excited. I'm hoping for any time under 1:22:00 I will almost be guaranteed and age group award with a time better than that.

For those who have been around awhile you know that it has been a long road to this point. I little over a year ago I ran my first 1/2 marathon. Then the sprint tri, then the international distance. I've since done a few more 1/2 marathons and other road races. Since having ds(who will be three at the end of the month) I have lost 45+ lbs and kept it off. Today I stood in line at packet pickup and gazed longingly at some of the tri women thinking how in shape they looked. And then I realized ummmm actually I look like that. My mind has still not caught up. It was such a weird moment. I immediately went to the mall and bought some new underwear and a dress. Size 4. Stomach is baby sag wrinkly but other than that I will say out loud I think I look pretty good. And it's okay to say that.

Must go to bed. Will be back tomorrow with race report.....
#852 of 1384 Old 06-16-2007, 11:41 PM

Balancin1 -- I'm so sorry about your Aunt. Being prepared in an academic sense doesn't lessen the hurt in our hearts.

I have been hanging pictures tonight -- wooo hooo! After only 6 months from moving... I've been waiting until the dirty part of the remodel was over.

Hey... where's CherylAnn??

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#853 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
Look at me ~ I'm a TRIATHLETE!!!!!
. . . There were 12 women racing and I placed 5th, so not too bad overall for my very first tri .
wahoooooo!!!!!! congratulations!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantimama View Post
IWe had a visit from a social worker about dd's Brownie camp experince a few weeks ago - it went really, really well. She was great with dd and it looks like she is going to interview all of the girls and their parents who are willing and that they are going to take some action.
so glad this is being taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post
I don't know my exact time, but as I was going through the gate, the clock said 27:something. I am FREAKING ecstatic about my time!
go mama! what a rockin' time!

Quote:
cute, cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balancin1 View Post
[I feel a Megs coming on:] Le Sigh. [/Megs]

. . . and sorry to hear about your aunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLove View Post
So what does everyone have planned for Father's Day?
nothing for father's day - we have a wedding tomorrow that both kids are in - i have to drop dd off at the bride's house at 8:30, then pray ds will take a morning nap. wedding's at 1:30, followed by a long, long day. we're staying over at the resort where the reception is, so that should be nice. rehersal dinner was tonight - the bride is beyond awesome - put together HUGE "goody bags" of stuff to keep the kids occupied tomorrow - coloring books, books, trains for ds, dinos, pez, little pens and notepads. oh, yeah, and she made dd's jewelry and TIARA : and ds's ring bearer pillow. *her mom made the flower girl dress. she is going to be the world's most fantastic mom. we're taking bets that there will be a baby s. in 9 months, she is so bursting at the seams to have a baby. i'm hoping to post fantastic pictures on monday.

dh is getting so old - we went shopping today for a father's day gift - and he picked out new dress shoes and two ties

did 10 today - it was HOT, high 80s, so i thought i would go fairly slow - so i wore my watch instead of the gps and ran the loop backwards, so i wouldn't kill myself in the heat if i noticed i was running slowly, or if i hit a known milemarker at a given time on the watch. i ended up running it in an hour and twenty minutes, even - 8 minutes miles for what felt like a slow, hilly training run. sweet!
#854 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 12:51 AM

I know I've posted a lot today, but had to get in my RR post! I was inspired by RM to switch up my long run and short run this weekend at the last minute. I was planning to run short today and run 8 tomorrow, but I decided that since I'm on call and who knows what will happen, I'd better take advantage of being well rested, well nourished, and having the time today! Of course I didn't decided this until almost 8 pm, which is sort of late to be taking off, but I was feeling strong so decided to go for it. At the last minute, little ds decided he wanted to come along on his bike and said he was game for a longer ride, so he came with me. It was soon dusk and was full dark when we got home, but the last couple miles were on very quiet streets so we felt pretty safe. I ran 8.08 miles pushing the jog stroller in 1:24:21, or 10:26 pace. Surprisingly, it felt pretty easy. In fact, it's the longest I've run since the half (5/5/07) and it felt easier than any long run I did during training. I ran the whole thing, and chatted with the kids most of the way (little dd fell asleep the last half mile.) Maybe I should do all my long runs at 8 pm after a full day with no real planning?

Balancin1 - I'm sorry about your aunt. So hard for your cousins to lose a parent, no matter how prepared. Glad you got your 7 in today and hope it made you feel a little better anyway. Let me know if you here any details on the tri. I keep meaning to check out the CARA site and see if there are any races that look fun.
#855 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 04:19 AM

just wanting to sub

am working on training for some marathons
#856 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 08:58 AM

So it figures on the day that dh gets to sleep in, ds decides to snooze away. They are still sleeping. I'm jealous. But they do look kinda cute in bed together. I've got breakfast made, in the oven staying warm. We've (dd and I) have been up for an hour already, and I thought for sure they'd be up by now.

We made him a shirt that is something like this: \|/ With the two \/ being E's foot prints and the | being N's handprint. It's supposed to look like a flower, but didn't quite turn out that way. Her handprint is like this iridescent pink and E's footprints are an iridescent lime green. It looks neat, but not like a flower. Oh and the shirt is dark blue. Plans for the day are to go to church, me get a "long" run in (I'm going to try for four, but walk if I have to after 3) and go to the pool for the afternoon. It's going to be 92 today.
#857 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 09:46 AM
bec

ARGH! They still haven't posted race results yet! I'm going crazy! : The website says, "soon". I want it NOW!

Oh well.

We let Daddy sleep in, and the girls are cleaning the living room (theoretically, and with much grumbling), and I am going to make him pancakes. I have to go out to my parent's house and check on their cats (they are out of town), and we're planning on going out to the very best chinese restaurant on the planet! We may go to the water park, but I don't think I have complete buy in from DH on that idea, so we'll see.

I hope to get out for a run today. Again, we'll see.

#858 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
For father's day I framed some great pictures of our kids for dh. The kids brought home cards and letters for him in both French and English and they are totally adorable. We are making cinnamon rolls for after church and grilling some sort of meat for supper - he'll love that We also bought him some toys at an inexpensive craft store. One for his desk at work ("in case he is missing us too much") and a fun balloon helicopter toy to play with at home with his favourite chidlren. They were so cute picking them out and explaining their reasoning to me.

I just realized that our Sunday School curriculum ended while I was away adn our summer package hasn't arrived yet. Oops. I have some ideas - off to pull them all together. I don't like having kids come to church and just sit still the whole time - we need some movement so I need to get creative. Wish me luck!

I planted a few vegetables and herbs in the garden the other day. I like knowing they are there and the excitement of watching them grow. They haven't done any visible growing yet, but I know they will. Flowers are nice but I LOVE growing food.
#859 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 11:44 AM
bec

Shanti - I totally hear you on the growing food! I started a bunch of seeds last February. They have been in the ground, now for about a month, and I am starting to see flowers, and I even have a few tomatoes starting! I harvested my first lettuce the other day, and was able to make a whole salad from it. My beans didn't take off , but that just means, I can do another planting of lettuces and maybe some more carrots. They grow quickly, and I'm always sad when I don't have anymore fresh greens come August. I'll see if I can get some greens that are heat loving. Then, I'm planning on doing a late summer planting of cool loving greens again, so I can have some fresh, homegrown greens for early fall.

#860 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 11:46 AM

Okay so I need some perspective from you lovely ladies - does this seem snotty or right on? Oh and this is to dh...happy fathers' day....huh? :

1. When I speak to you, please acknowledge me. Somehow, someway, let me know you have heard me. Respectfully. If you choose not to acknowledge me then you abdicate the right to snap at me or tell me I'm nagging you when I repeat myself because I have absolutely no way of knowing that you have heard me. Not responding is extremely rude and disrespectful and you are teaching N to do this as well. You get frustrated with her when she does not respond to you and yet you do it to both of us ALL the time. This is not an occasional problem.

2. I need help with E at night. I need you to take initiative with this. I need you to actually get up and get him (he's in the bassinrt beside me). Don't wait for me to ask, I have repeatedly. Now I am too angry to ask. It just makes me furious when I ask for help and you ignore me - like friday night. I have asked repeatedly for three months for help, nicely, meanly, any possible way I know how to ask. You choose to ignore this request for help. You expect me to be sunny and cheery and yet you fail to recognize that E continues not to sleep at night and hence neither am I. I am tired and I am grumpy. I cannot help it at this point. There are days that I fight tears all day long because I am so tired. Again, as I have said before, you may wake up when he does, but you go back to sleep immediately. I hear you snoring, so I know you've gone back to sleep. I, however, am left to deal with it, whether it's to nurse him, rock him, or pat him back to sleep, sometimes upwards of an hour and a half. While you sleep.

This issues have made it so that while I think you are a good dad. I don't feel like you are a good partner right now. You are not willing to respect me, or help me when I've so desperately begged for it. You are so focused on your own fatigue and life that you are no longer looking at the impact and how it is affecting the rest of us.
#861 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 12:01 PM
bec

BBM - You aren't being unreasonable. I'm so sorry you are so tired and you are not getting what you need from your DH. It makes me absolutely insane when I do not get acknowledged when I am speaking to someone.

#862 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 12:26 PM

2BBs, I hope you are rocking it at your tri. In fact, I am sure you are. And congrats on seeing yourself as the strong, in shape, and size 4! that you are. That is awesome.

BBM, Hopefully you two can get a good, open conversation. It totally sucks not to feel heard.

Father's Day has been a bit anticlimactic. Both DDs were so excited about their gifts that they made in school, they had already given them to him on Thursday. So the idea was that we would make him breakfast, but then both he and I slept in. I was ready to push it to another day just because I felt so groggy, but DD1 really wanted to, so I made everyone pancakes. No more specifically fatherly day things planned, other than we are going over to friends to see them one last time before they move to Austria, and DH will probably stay home, so I guess that could qualify as time alone.

I got out for a late-in-the-day (for me) run yesterday. Went 3.71 miles and really felt strong. I am really starting to feel like a runner. : It only took 2 years of stop/starting, but here I am, and I know that being a part of this group had so much to do with it. Feeling the love.

That said, I thought I might try to go for a bike ride today, but scheduling seems not to be working out for that. So we will see if I can get in a run.

Oh, Mandy! The package came yesterday and thank you sooooo much for the extras!!!!!!!! Made my day. And I am digging the Baby Lube. I have been managing all this time w/o any moisturizer and while it hasn't been awful, there were times I was actually using coconut oil just for something.
#863 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 12:54 PM

BBM - Oh mama, that is so right on. There were so many times when I desperately needed dh to hear exactly the same thing. I think it is fair to try to get that message across on Father's Day.

As a matter of fact I had a small moment of quiet vindication yesterday. Maybe vindication isn't quite the word but anyway, dh went out with a friend to work on our pond yesterday. They were out all day. When he came home he said that he thought maybe he'd said or done something that pissed his friend off because "like a switch" his friend stopped responding, went into outer space, just disengaged completely. Dh was really worried and felt pretty bad that he'd done something. Well, from what I've heard from the friend's dw that is pretty typical of him, you know, the usual depressed guy routine. So I said to dh that friend's dw had mentioned that so it probably was just friend, not something that he'd done. But I added that I was glad he had an opportunity to see the behavior and feel the uncomfortable doubt that seeps in about whether he was the cause as that was our M.O. for a long long time before before we made it to therapy and started fixing things. Dh scoffed at that but I hope he gave it a little more thought because it was true, and it sucks to be ignored.

DrJen - What a cake, did you make that? And I love the pictures, especially how now I'm actually getting familiar enough with dingo faces that you even look like friends (and not just write like them!)

Bec - 27:anything on your first ever 5k?!?!?!? You rock!

JayGee - You too!!! 5th place on your first tri! I am so so so impressed (and maybe just a tad jealous?) You are one awesome triathamama! :

2BBs - Thinking of you out there today! I know you're doing great and having fun. I can't wait to read your report.

Kate~Mom - Can't wait to see pictures, that wedding sounds lovely.

B1 - , sorry to hear about your aunt.

Shanti - That's awesome that there is still active follow-up to that camping trip. And I hear you on the edible plants. Dh and I (mostly dh) have planted a ridiculous number of veggies and fruits at our country house and they are beginning to flower and fruit out. The sad thing is that since we aren't out there at night I strongly suspect that there is a lot of free-loading going on by the four-legged neighbors. We have one tomato plant that has dozens of green tomatoes on it and there is always one that is about to be red but when I get back to it the next day, the red ones are always gone. But, we'll get out there eventually and then it's going to be veggie heaven!

Our Father's Day celebration was pretty low key. I bought dh a book on the cultural quirks of Mexico and dd made him a card and brought him coffee. But still it was way more impressive than Mother's Day had been. We thought we were both all cool with having basically lamed out, again, on each other's birthdays this year but were called out for being in denial by out therapist. On reflection I can see that while I didn't fly into a murderous rage that dh didn't get me any present it was still not totally okay. So she has assigned us the homework of throwing ourselves a big happy joint birthday party in the not-too-distant future. So, with our retarded abilities to celebrate each other in mind I do feel a little bad about today's level of cheer, but I'm working on it!

Megs - Congrats on getting pictures hung! That is truly a big step.

Okay to y'all I'm missing but it's time to get back into the kitchen to make an angel food cake for a potluck tonight.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#864 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 02:10 PM

BBM - Can I borrow paragraph #1? Because my DH ignores me constantly, doesn't even acknowledge direct questions. Sometimes he mumbles a response that I don't hear, so I ask the question again and he bites my head off. But usually he acts like I'm not in the room. I've learned to not take it so personally, because he does the same thing to everyone else, except for DD. Your letter sounds great.

I made blueberry pancakes from scratch for DH this morning, and gave him a few gifts from me and DD. Unfortunately the sandals I bought him are a half size too small. So we'll take those back today to exchange them.

Pictures of my finished tank are on my blog, and the knit blog.

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#865 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 02:29 PM

bbm. sounds perfectly reasonable to me, and a letter might get the point across in a way that talking has not. good for you mama, I hope it goes well and is helpful.

can't wait to hear 2bb's results! wish we could stalk her! on the race, I mean.

I have finally fixed my bike to make it more or less street ready! just so I can jump on it and run errands and stuff. So I may bike today in the heat, unless I run later today. We got dh some new shirts for work (by his request) and are taking him out for bbq tonight (also by his request...he is getting tired of living with newly veggie me).

enjoy the day mamas, I must go clean our horrible house. :
#866 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 02:31 PM

Monica ~ You are a knitting pro now. That looks beautiful. It fits you so nicely too.

BBM ~

Shanti ~ Isn't it so rewarding growing your own food? I remember when I was little girl my mom always had a big garden. We had a lot of issues with the deer eating it though, so my mom just started doing flowers. I begged her this year to do a garden with me at her house. So we have strawberries, cukes, radishes, onions, peas, beans, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, and corn. We also have a pot of parsley and basil. I'm loving spending time with her out there weeding or seeing how much things have grown in a little bit of time.

I made my dad chocolate chip cookies and a homemade card for Father's Day. I taste tested one and they were yummy! I hope he enjoys them after he works outside on his tractors today.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#867 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
JayGee - You too!!! 5th place on your first tri! I am so so so impressed (and maybe just a tad jealous?) You are one awesome triathamama! :
Don't be ! There were only 12 women total out of a field of 51 entrants. Men were blowing by me left and right on both the bike and the run. My coach ran by me at like 6 min/mile pace and reminded me to "stay aerobic" !

BBM I'm so sorry your husband is ignoring you. That must be so difficult.

Father's Day has been fun. The kids and I painted a terra cotta pot for DH with their handprints. It turned out very cute, but the topcoat got all bubbly for some reason, so it looks like it has a skin condition. DH loved it anyway though. Today we're taking the kids swimming at the pool and just relaxing.

Oh, and can I have the link to the knitting blog too? Golden1014[at]sbcglobal[dot]net

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#868 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 03:53 PM
bec

Well, after much gnashing of teeth, and general obsessiveness, my friend got tired of me, and found out a place where they posted results from the race.

I placed 65 out of 235 runners. My official time was 27:55, with a 9:00 pace! I was going to be happy with anything under 35 minutes. My pie in the sky goal was sub 30 minute. I am speechless at having blown that goal so far out of the water! The winner did it in 16:03.

With that said, I do not expect to go that fast at the 4th of July race. That route is way hillier, even if I do have more experience with it. If I beat 30 minutes for that one, I'll be more than thrilled. So, I guess my pie in the sky goal will remain the same.

B1, I meant to send my condolences to you about your aunt.

#869 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
My coach ran by me at like 6 min/mile pace and reminded me to "stay aerobic" !
Now that is funny! Condescending and paternalistic too but still, funny. I notice that you didn't say anything about guys passing you on the swim, I bet you were doing the passing there baby!

Monica - Wow, that is a nice tank and it fits you perfectly! I am one nudge closer to grabbing my I Taught Myself to Knit book!

I'm making an angel food cake today for the first time in oh, 9 years. I realized this morning that I used to make them all the time when I worked at a restaurant as I was the unofficial dessert cook. But then I remembered that I never even got to try a bite! I have no idea if they were ever any good or not! I guess I'll find out later today!

Bec - Really, nicely done! I honestly don't think I've ever been anywhere near that fast on any race I've ever done and I was never such a newbie when I raced. to you!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#870 of 1384 Old 06-17-2007, 04:10 PM

Whew. I did it. It was hot and steamy and very hard, but I did ~4 miles. In 44 minutes. It may have been a shade more than four, but not much.

Dh is still p'od at me and not speaking, but harumph. Me too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page