dingoes running in the sun - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
<shameless mama bragging>there's videos of my kids on my blog</shameless mama bragging>

good morning everyone. hope ya'll have better weather for running than here. I'm off this afternoon with my kidlets in the jogger for the 1.6 mile loop. It is raining and 50 so I need to keep my run short to keep the motivation up.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#62 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonikitaUT View Post
Aurora - Sorry I am such a lousy buddy. : Hopefully next week I can get my act together. How did your running go this week? Did you give week #4 a try, or repeat 3 again?
It is okay. How are you doing? Any running going on? I planned to repeat week 3 and did it on Mon. then on Wed. I woke up and decided to walk with my kiddos to the Library. We spent 3 hours there and came home with a ton of books. So, I didn't run because if I do not do it first thing in the morning it just doesn't happen. Then yesterday showed up and I felt like crap so I lazed around and ate way too much chocolate. :

Reb:

I know there is more I wanted to say but I cannot remember now.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#63 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
Plady, how is DH dealing with the new bedroom? Sounds fabulous to me. Did you just move because you need more room or because you are downsizing guest bedrooms? I also want to see before and after pics of your DD's hair. DD1 is working on growing her hair to her butt. She is about 1/3 of the way there.
And Plady, how is Loftmama? It has been ages.
I will have to get on with the picture taking! My mother is dying for a picture too. The bedroom seemed to be a bit better last night although dh wrenched his back just turning over in the night. We made the move because we were really crushed for room and we've been encouraging dd to sleep in her own room for a long long time now but where we were her option was either with us or on a daybed in our little living room. She didn't' really have her own room, we had no room to store anything and we are really burnt out on innkeeping. DH has been for quite a long time, I only finally caught up with him in the past few months. We thought initially that taking over two guest rooms would be a great solution. It allows us to close off a whole side of the house so that guests really don't go anywhere near our private space anymore (for years they would have to walk through the patio right outside our fishbowl kitchen where we tend to spend a lot of time). In that respect it is nice, going from six rooms to four makes it feel like we're never full but it has had some unanticipated consequences. I actually started a blog to vent about it. But really, it is a temporary thing. We're closing the biz on August 20 and work on reverting this place into two rental houses then when the baby is born we'll move permanently out to the country for probably the year. And then, in about a year, San Juan Island ho baby!

As for Loftmama, I was just stalking her blog but I haven't heard from her in a long time. Sending her a what's new? email is on my list of things to do.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#64 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 12:30 PM

Reb - Sorry that your mom is tooling out again. I have to admit that when I figured out your word choice I did giggle a little. That's a clasic. I am so glad though that your angst over your mom isn't blidning you to the simple pleasures!

Kerc - Cute cute cute cuteness!

#65 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post
Eksmom - they sang a similar song (Ram sam sam) but with non-fastfood words in our music class thing. it was a silly type song. the fast food words wouldn't mean anything around here because we don't have any Pizza Huts, McDonalds or any of those.
we ned to move to wherever that is . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by momazon4 View Post
I'm subbing! I've been lurking long enough...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMel View Post
Can I join you?
welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
As far as rentals go, I highly recommend "The Queen" and "Stranger than Fiction." Wow. Wow wow wowowowow.
so noted, we're always looking for good movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2babybees View Post
Thanks for all the love mamas.
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRebRun View Post
:My mother is a psychotic, dishonest, manipulative, t#at.
She is absolutely terrible. But I finally told her exactly what I think (in a very adult and respectful way) and she came back on the attack. I despise her.
she treats my girls like crap, and Chris and I just as bad. I dont want my girls growing up having to experience all that she did to me. I really feel like I need to protect them from her.
more : for you also, mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollysMom View Post
Our new Nanny started on Monday and it seems like it is going to be work out great. Rachel only cries when she sees me so I spent a lot of the week hiding so she and the Nanny could get to know one another. Holly seems to really like her too. As an added bonus whenever the baby is down for a nap and Holly is either at school or otherwise occupied she CLEANS. I cleaned out my closet and had about 6 pairs of pants to be ironed and she ironed them all. I HATE ironing so this is just awesome. dh is so excited to have nice neat pants that he didn't have to send to the cleaners
omg, color me jealous!!!

apologies for the lack of other personals - i somehow missed the last few pages of the other thread and had to catch up on almost 10 pages.

rr: 3 1/2 with my sister today - very hot and muggy out - she puked at the end

true confession time - i hadn't been on my bike seriously in about 4 years. the little stringy things were still on my tires. i'd take one or the other kid here or there in the seat or trailer, but i hated it. but dh made me bike to the park for a run the other day (without attached kidlet) - and i don't know if it was the lack of kid weight or increased fitness from running, but i like my bike now of course, it's a monster mountain bike, not a road bike, but wow.

opinions wanted - they just announced that they are increasing the distance of the river relay race that i did with a team last year to marathon distance - had been 20 miles. so the iron division is a full 26.2 - on a basically flat trail. the second weekend of september. i think i want to do it. managable in thirteen weeks of training?
#66 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 04:42 PM

this is quite a week--->: :

i have a cold, allergies, af and poison ivy all at once! :

trying to remain positive, while i look and sound like someone that should be in federal quarantine.

monikita - maybe we should start a dingo knitblog like the cooking one?

those with rain please send it my way - we need it. <parched>

2bb -

creb - i remember the previous stories about your mom and i am sorry it has come to that but it sounds like you are doing best for your kids

sally_z -

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#67 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppywise View Post
monikita - maybe we should start a dingo knitblog like the cooking one?
Ooooh yes! Or a yahoo group! I'd be all over that! I'm knitting my Rowan Smooch tank, and without Alaska's help on the yarn crafts thread I'd be sunk! I hope you feel better soon, Poppy. What a wicked week for you.

Aurora - That is okay, we all have off weeks. I ran once this week. : Just start week 3 again on Monday. Sometimes it is good to take a week off - just make sure one week doesn't turn into two or you'll lose the progress you've made. (Ask me how I know. )

My dream: How can I simply be a SAHM without a job, but keep my salary? I'd be a much better mom if I had more time to devote to it. I'm a good mom, but we could have more fun, better planned activities, etc. kwim? But I don't want to give up my salary!

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#68 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
My dream: How can I simply be a SAHM without a job, but keep my salary? I'd be a much better mom if I had more time to devote to it. I'm a good mom, but we could have more fun, better planned activities, etc. kwim? But I don't want to give up my salary!
My dream is more like, how can I work and have a domestic, but keep my whole salary? She could do all the housework, planning and admin, and I could have a life more like dh's--get home from work and join in.

Welcome new running mamas. It's hard not to like it here.

2bbs, I read everything you shared. I am so standing right behind you. Success is waiting for you.

missbliss, thinking of you LOTS. You've been doing awesome with running! I hope it's feeling good.

You guys read the sidebar in RW about using running to process trauma? Step by step guide, even. What struck me is that, when I am in a really angry or troubled place (like with my mom or dh or whomever) and I have a long run, I often follow those same steps while talking it out ( holla), and the feelings really do move from present into past tense. A very cool thing.

Has been alternating between drizzle and downpour most of the day, with a few moments of sunshine. I am considering a quick run before a friend drops by this evening...or maybe I'll just go in the morning. Oooh, that sounds nice. Unless we have thunderstorms. Don't think?

poppy, get better. Did I mention how nice your sweet little lady (my goat) has become? She is so dainty and girly and nice...and now she likes brushing almost as much as her mother. She still can't stand dh, but she has become a close friend to me. Yes, foreshadowing future issues. I am a conflicted omnivore.
#69 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 09:37 PM

Y'all, I just got back from a wee little bike ride around the neighborhood + clipless practice. I am such a dingbat. The clipless pedals were put on my bike over the winter, so when I started trying to learn them it had also been since October or so since I'd ridden the bike. I couldn't remember for sure which foot I put down at stops, but I somehow decided it was my right foot. It was not until I got out on my mountain bike last week, which has free pedals (no straps or anything), that I realized that it is my LEFT foot that I normally put down at stops. I think the clipless learning curve just got a lot easier. I have way more control this way - I can feel things with my left foot that I can't with my right, don't know how to explain it, but it's important in sensing where to put your foot to get it clipped in. I went to a fairly deserted stretch of flat road in our neighborhood and just practiced stopping and starting. There's a hill at one end of the stretch so I also tried out starting uphill. The foot thing is making all the difference! I feel like I love my road bike again - we had been "broken up" for a few weeks.

So that, plus a short walk this morning, was my exercise for the day. And a little crosstraining, too...

My digestive system is still out of whack. Have you ever had your hunger notification system just quit on you? For the last week, the normal hungry, empty, rumbly feeling just isn't appearing for me. Instead I just start to feel sick/nauseous, and I think, well, maybe I need to eat. Then when I do I feel better. This all started with whatever GI bug I had.

I have one other question. EK has decided she can use the potty, wipe, the whole shebang all without letting us know. This is not working out too well, because 1) she doesn't wipe all that well, 2) there is no place in the bathroom that she can reach the wipes without walking as long is she is using the kid potty that sits on the floor and I am worried about drips, and 3) she does not wash her hands without prompting. Not to mention that if the light is off she just goes ahead in the dark (no windows in the bathroom, so it's pretty dark). She's 3.5 yrs. The only thing we've thought of is to make the kid potty disappear and start her on the regular potty (which she will not use given the option, but will if there is no other option). Even then I'm worried about the wiping and her getting a sore bum. We've emphasized over and over that she can do it herself but call us when she's done, but that's not working. Thoughts? HBM, seems like you went through something similar with one of your girls. Any advice would be appreciated. When does pottying finally become 100% a kid's responsibility?

Poppy that sounds absolutely terrible. I hope everything starts to lift soon.

Plady, a blog, YAY! I read the first entry; still need to read the rest. I totally understand, I would feel exactly the same way.

I miss Loftmama too. DH and I were just talking about her the other day and reminiscing about last year's camping trip.

Sorry for the lack of personals, but I've got to make Pennies from Heaven tonight and then DH and I might watch a movie... something we rarely do.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#70 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 10:00 PM

Plady~I have wanted to ask you (and don't answer if you don't want to ) what made you and dh decide to move and close your business, how did you decide where to move to, and why san juan in a year? just curious.

thank you for the ITBS link, I think it was poppy? (sorry taht you are sick too, yuck!) the exercises are great!

thanks too for the exercise explanation!

I played in the toddler room tonight at church, really played and it was sooo much fun making them all laugh, smile and giggle. ahhh.

ds1, 7yo, gave me a church envelope (he went in with dh) that said "I 'heart' you mom" and had some pictures inside.

gonna get my last hugs and kisses for the night, have a great one ladies!
#71 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 10:00 PM

eks~meant to say YIPPY! on the bike ride and the cross training
#72 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 10:02 PM

Okay, I did it. I started Dingo Knits on Blogger. Anyone want to join? :

I'm new to Blogger, so hopefully I can figure out how to add users. Help is always appreciated.

#73 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 10:22 PM

Monica - I'm in...just as soon as i get on top of a few things. i've made some progress on the project that i needed the scrap sock yarn for, but unfortunately the contest thing i was making it for is already over. not enough knitting time these days

RR: ran a sloooooooow three hours this morning. started at 7 am - which is nearly a miracle for me. Between my kneecap jumping around, AF, cramps and not much running the week previous things weren't going so well for me. there was lots of uphill. some steep, some long and not as steep but it was tough. and it was 98% humidity. ugh. but glad that we got out and did it and it's done.

Then i got the mulching and flower gardens done, the garden planted and that sort of stuff. i'm tired. definitely going to bed early tonight.

sorry no personals. barely enough time to keep up.
#74 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 10:27 PM

Can I join in? Do I belong here or in the c25K group? I have been here before, don't know if anyone remembers me . Had sickness, injury, and general travails in the fall and quit running.

So. After hmmmm, a very long time I might even be starting to get my running groove back. I ran a marathon 10 years ago, nearly exactly, on our first wedding anniversary (Vermont City Marathon). Then we started trying to get pregnant, went through hormones, fertility, pregnancies, mc's, deliveries (thank G-sd), more fertility, more mc's, high risk pregnancies, miraculous pregnancies.... anyway.

Now I have, with the immense blessing of Heaven, 3 gorgeous kids and we're done.

Ds is still nursing (of course!) at 21 months but I no longer drip and my day no longer revolves around his nursing schedule.

I need my body back to being part of "me" if that makes any sense. It has been rather disconnected from my spirit for a while. I am running again. It feels awesome. I am also doing a strength training regime (a la cardio-free diet, but, uhhh, with the running! ) to improve my core strength because I have that icky "flubber" tricep thing going on.

So, the last two weeks I have managed to get a run in almost every other day. About 30 minutes of running, which right now I'm not sure exactly what the mileage is, I have to measure it. It's starting to get easier, so I'm going to lengthen a bit tomorrow to 35 or 40 depending how early I get out and how hot/humid it is.

I seem to have forgotten how to hydrate/nutrient properly. The other day I came back from a run and felt really sick and nauseated, but it was a late afternoon run and I am usually an early morning exerciser, so maybe that's why. Hmmm.

Luckily dh is totally on board with the program as long as he's home. He's a (bariatric -- i.e. gastric bypass/weight loss) surgeon, so he's wayyy into fitness and exercise but his hours suck so it's not always possible to get a good run in. I can take the babe in the jogger but all 3 kids, no way no how.

Anway, here I am. Do I belong here or in the other group? I'd like to do a race soon but most are on Saturdays which is a no-go for me. If I could find a Sunday one that would be good.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#75 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 10:30 PM

Monica, add me in if you figure out how. Since you went and started it all and that. No really, sounds great.

We had a full day of activities and my feet are sore and swollen and I am beyond stuffed. Like I shouldn't eat until Monday stuffed. But it was good. Just hope I didn't undo all my good work and have to move rockin guitar dude.n Oh well, it was just a day, or rather half a day.

Too sweaty to think straight. Think I will go take a cold bath.
#76 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 10:34 PM

i'm in monica! i think you have to add me or something...i don't remember how eks did the cookbook one, but i don't see anything on there right now that lets me join in from the home page

rm - satchel has a letter ready for kyle! we'll be sending it monday

plady - first, i love the blog! i will read it regularly. also, i think it is time for our son to see a therapist and i am having a hard time locating an art therapist around here. my son has a perfectionist streak and is anxiety ridden and i really need some external help [those who have been on this thread long enough will recall earlier similar postings]. in some posts of yours about your dd, she sounds like my son: a pleaser. i really really want to make sure he is raised with lots of self esteem and as it is right now, he is SO hard on himself all the time! anyway, if you have any advice about how you found your therapist, i'd love to hear it. i miss loftmama too.

geo - how is your weekend breathing?

eks - any chance you are pregnant?

ijooj - mneeeh, mneeeh [ok, trying and failing at typing a goat noise]

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#77 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 11:13 PM

Mandy, Poppy (OMG, I typed Poopy, and I've never done that before!) & Moonshine - PM me your google ID and I'll see if I can figure out how to add you.

Eks - You around, sister? Help?

Welcome Nickarolaberry! If you want to hang with us, you are more than welcome! Lets run!

Or knit... he he

#78 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 11:14 PM

Quote:
:
Or knit... he he
Well my ill fated first knitting project is a tangled, mangled mess in between the two front seats of my minivan. Much to my dear friend Gittie's chagrin, since she spent hours helping me.

I did manage to turn out an interesting hot pink blob and even she marveled at the number of stitches I could add on each row. And she's been knitting for a LONG time.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#79 of 1384 Old 06-02-2007, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Mandy, Poppy (OMG, I typed Poopy, and I've never done that before!) & Moonshine - PM me your google ID and I'll see if I can figure out how to add you.

Eks - You around, sister? Help?
In Blogger, go to the blog and then go to the Settings tab, then click on Permissions. That's where you can add blog authors by sending them an email - so you have to get people's email addys. Let me know if you have more questions.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#80 of 1384 Old 06-03-2007, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickarolaberry View Post
Well my ill fated first knitting project is a tangled, mangled mess in between the two front seats of my minivan. Much to my dear friend Gittie's chagrin, since she spent hours helping me.

I did manage to turn out an interesting hot pink blob and even she marveled at the number of stitches I could add on each row. And she's been knitting for a LONG time.
Heh heh heh heh. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksmom View Post
In Blogger, go to the blog and then go to the Settings tab, then click on Permissions. That's where you can add blog authors by sending them an email - so you have to get people's email addys. Let me know if you have more questions.
You stole the words out of my fingers.

anyway, monica, my google id is megan(dot)kranenburg Add me whenever! It will be nice to have that external locus of control motivating me to touch the Cardigan again. I think my sister is almost done with hers. :P

Went for a brief run this morning, trying to do some speedwork. I got blocked in by the plumber, so I couldn't drive to the track. Instead I just did the 40sec speed drills (with 20 second recoveries) after the first 10 minutes of running. It suhhhhhhcked. I meant to do 10 minutes of the intervals, but I did more like 6 or 7. Then dogged it home.

We went to the park & beach in Couer d'Alene, Idaho today. We all got a little too much sun. Nevie was a noodle afterward, but at least not sunburned. She refused to wear her hat, so... Anyway, I got her in the water and that was fun.

So I'm starting to get neurotic that she isn't trying to stand/squat unassisted yet (pre-walking stuff -- I'm totally OK with her not walking yet), also that she isn't saying "at least one word" (per the WebMD guidance on what they "should" be doing at one year). She kind of says "hi". Sometimes. Rarely. Does that count? She growls on cue, which is the funniest da*n thing in the world. She obviously understands a lot (can follow simple commands like "come here," or "go get the ball"), but is still happy just to babble nonsense all the time. And as far as the physical stuff goes, she was an early crawler and is just darn good at it, so... ????

Tell me what my mom and sister keep telling me and maybe I'll finally believe them ;-)

We're supposed to go bike riding with my aunt and uncle tomorrow, but it's supposed to be about 95 degrees. I'm concerned about pulling Nevie in the trailer for an hour+ in that kind of heat. Especially after today... Is it better in the trailer because the wind keeps them cooler?

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#81 of 1384 Old 06-03-2007, 12:34 AM

I am about to wimp out on DrJen for the second time. : I never signed up for the race tomorrow and I'm hoping she'll forgive me. What sucks is how much I really want to run with her (and someday hopefully even keep up!)

Eks--we have the same issue, and while I would not call it resolved, a chart on the wall that states what happens when we go potty (with pictures!) seems to end some of the arguing. I'll email it to you. We are also using those disposable toddler wipes and some fancy hand soap to coax the cooperation.

Welcome to the new posters! Glad you are here.

2BBs, while it feels really inappropriate, all that runs through my head is to congratulate you. This seems like the Right Move for you. I know the next bit isn't easy, but you'll figure it out. Speaking as a child of divorce (my father twice), I feel that it was actually much easier for us children when our parents did the healthy thing, even though it wasn't fun nor what we'd have chosen. Big

And a belated one for you too, missbliss.
#82 of 1384 Old 06-03-2007, 12:35 AM

Nicarolaberry (um, is NCB okay for short?) This sounds like a good place for you, I mean you are a marathoner after all!

So if y'all have a knitting blog does that mean you won't mention it here anymore? Because I, non-knitting-crafty wannabe that I am, will sorely miss the updates and pictures of the incredible stuff y'all are churning out.

RM - Our decision does sound a little on the random side I suppose! Basically, San Miguel is a lovely town and a great place to run a business and even a great place to have a baby. However, in the past year or so pretty much all of our dearest friends have left town which is making dh and I lonely. We don't really fit into the super type A developer crowd, we're not the bar hopping types, and we're getting a little tired of the recent trend of baby-boomers with entitlement issues moving here and building trophy houses to show off how rich they are. So there's that. Then there are the schools. For preschool dd has been in a montessori that was pretty great. The teachers have been very warm and loving and sweet and she's learned spanish and social skills and had fun. However, after this coming year we really don't like any of the options out there for school and we never really wanted to have to pay private school tuition all the way through to college if we could avoid it. Closing the business is pretty much the path of least resistance. We've had managers in the past but after about 6 weeks it stops being all fun for them and then the complaining begins. I still have an eye twitch just from thinking about the couple who ran out place when we took time off for maternity leave last year. And we're simply burnt out of doing it ourselves. I don't feel bad though. The average tenure for a full-time innkeeper is 3-5 years apparently and we are into our 8th year now.
So, lastly () San Juan Island attracted our attention as a place that was small townish with a good public school system, natural beauty, moderately left leaning, with lots of outdoorsy things to do. We heard about it from some guests who offered to do a trade with us so that we could visit it on the cheap so that's what we did in May. And we really fell in love with it. We also checked out the nearby areas of WA, Bellingham, Seattle, Olympia, the Olympic Peninsula but we didn't feel the same compulsion to move there. We would happily go sooner but with the baby coming probably early September we'd miss the start of school there this year and we don't really want to make such a huge move with a brand new baby. So, we're going to lay low, take a year off and form a plan for what to do when we get to WA. We've got enough cushion to stay here for the year since our country house is off the grid and fully paid for but once we move back north we'll have to find something to do for income again.

Poppy - I hear you on the perfectionist biz!!! (and sorry about your perfect storm of ickiness this week!). Dd has admitted that she wants to be perfect and can't imagine why she'd want to settle for less. I am not a first born and I do not have any of those inclinations so it seems incredible that my offspring does. : We pretty much went with the only child/art therapist I'd ever heard of in town who is also a gringa and so speaks english, which dd prefers. But yeah, it is so hard to see your kid having such high standards for him/herself. My big fear is that dd will become a cutter if she doesn't get this worked out now. When she gets upset she regularly tries to slam her head on the floor or the wall and if we try to hold her back she'll punch herself.
:

Kate~mom - I'm sure you could train for a marathon in 13 weeks! Didn't you read that NY Times article? Here it is if you haven't.

Missbliss - Thinking about you too!

Okay, it's much too late! Goodnight mamas!

#83 of 1384 Old 06-03-2007, 12:51 AM

Thanks Eks!

Megs - Something is missing! I need the @blahblahblah part to add you to the knitting blog.

#84 of 1384 Old 06-03-2007, 01:55 AM

Monica -- sorry! it's @gmail.com

Blork! another website telling me that "At 11 months, *most* babies are standing on their own..."

Why can't I just be in the moment? Doesn't help that I looked back at my DDC lately and most are walking, some saying words. I hate to feel competitive about my baby's natural & healthy progression in life. I just shouldn't look anymore.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#85 of 1384 Old 06-03-2007, 02:08 AM

Hi all have not been around much, well not that I have been a runner in a while anyway.
Dh has been home so we madly got everything ready for the baby and hoped like mad that he would come now while Daddy is home. But no such luck. Dh leave again on Wednesday morning really early and is not back until 20 June. My EDD is 16th, with dd i was 40+2 so i am not sure this one is going to wait that long or that i want him too. So uncomfortable, but i still wanted dh to be here. The joys of having a dh that works away every 2 weeks.

Anyway on a nicer note here are some ( LOTS) pics of last weekend, it was my 30th birthday and my sister came over and did some pics of me and dd, a belly cast and a henna belly.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../pregsmall.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...pregsmall8.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...regsmall14.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...regsmall11.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...pregsmall6.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...bellycast2.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...bellycast4.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...hennabelly.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...y/hennaoff.jpg
#86 of 1384 Old 06-03-2007, 04:04 AM
Banned

subbing
#87 of 1384 Old 06-03-2007, 10:42 AM

Good morning all!

Yeah, NCB is fine or even Nicole, since that's my real name (shhh...don't tell anyone ).

Did a tough 2.4 miles this morning (I only know that because I ran from our house to the highway and back, so I know the distance). It was tough because I was pushing ds in the mountain buggy stroller, which is really more of a walking and errands stroller. My ancient Baby Jogger finally bit the dust but clearly if he's going to come with me I need something with 16 or even 20 inch wheels, and that rolls true (no veering). We have sidewalks but they're uneven.

I ended up walking a few times for about 30-45 seconds. I also managed to hit every. red. light. Since it was after 7:30 there seemed to be more traffic and I had to stop (if I run before 7 usually I can go without stopping too long at a light).

Ah, well. I did it, anyway.

I don't really like my new treads. I got a pair of New Balance 891 to replace the NB 990's I had because the 891 was on clearance at Incredible Feets (discontinued color I guess). But they don't feel as good. I guess there's a good reason the 990's were almost $100 and these were on clearance for $45. :

I may have to convert these to my everyday sneaks and get a different pair, because my feet really hurt. Feet hurting does not equal happy runner.

Dh was a real poop-on-a-scoop this morning. : yeah, I know he's King of Fitness. I said I wanted to run a 5k and he rolled his eyes and said, "you seem to think that's your fitness goal for the year." WTF? Well, yeah, the past 9 years I have been on fertility treatments, pregnant, or nursing your babies. So a 5K is definitely a goal for me, past marathon or not.
I just said, "well you better be there with bells on and the kids screaming for me or we won't bother coming to your triathlon next fall" (he does the Mighty Hamptons).

Whatever. He woke up in a bad mood. Usually he's a great guy, really.

#88 of 1384 Old 06-03-2007, 10:43 AM

Hey Sally - great belly pics -- and you have NO BUTT! OMG! You have the cutest pregnant body ever! I can't believe you are even so close to your due date -- I hope it all goes well for you which I'm sure it will!

Yes, knitters - please still talk about knitting or at least say things like "new post on the knitting blog" for us wanna be but no time to learn now knitters. :

Megs - chill re: your dd. Have a glass of cab. She'll develop on her own schedule. She can obviously move if she's been crawling. She probably has no good reason to learn to walk. My dd didn't even move until 10.5 months and didn't walk until 14 months. My dd was a early talker but my ds still uses what I call cave man speak at 26 months. I hope that was helpful

I ran yesterday for the first time since the half -- went while the kids were napping. It was hot and I ran too fast -- for some reason I wanted to see how fast I could run 3 miles. I ran 3.6 miles at a 9:27 pace. But now I feel yucky and wish I just would have gone this morning for a longer easy run. Oh well.

I got up early this morning and the family slept late. I had a nice hot bath and read the May issue of runners world. I guess the focus was on the Boston Marathon. I enjoyed reading about the first woman who ran it before women were "allowed" and other stories.

Dh is off to an auto race at the Milwaukee Mile today. Kind of looking forward to him having his own fun and me being solo today.
#89 of 1384 Old 06-03-2007, 10:56 AM

arg - we're at my parents' and ds threw up five times last night, and had explosive diarreha (sp?) three times - requiring a complete scrub down of his pack and play and four changes of my parents' sheets (where dh and i had been sleeping), after he joined us.

dh, dear h that he is, joined dd in her bed after the first incident, leaving me and thankfully, my mom to bathe o and change the sheets each time. :

megs - with milestones, i don't worry about one in each area being delayed (motor, communication, self-help) - so if she sat, rolled, and crawled relatively on time, don't super-stress the walking. ds was a super-high-sped crawler and therefore had zero motivation to walk. your dd sounds similar. ds finally walked in his 14th month. with words, her receptive lang sounds great. does she sign?
#90 of 1384 Old 06-03-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post

RR: ran a sloooooooow three hours this morning. started at 7 am - which is nearly a miracle for me. Between my kneecap jumping around, AF, cramps and not much running the week previous things weren't going so well for me. there was lots of uphill. some steep, some long and not as steep but it was tough. and it was 98% humidity. ugh. but glad that we got out and did it and it's done.
Did I read that right?? Three HOURS?? Did I miss you training up to that?

Plady...I want the link to your blog, and I was wondering the same thing about why you decided to sell and move.

My mother has not replied to my response to her email...in which she had made all sorts of accusations, like "you never ask me to babysit...Nancy (her boyfriend's daughter who walks on water) doesn't have a problem asking" To which I replied, "you told us not to ask you to babysit anymore, that you didn't want to do it, over a year ago, and we haven't asked since". She just kept coming up with lies and attacks that were just completely opposite of the truth. This one is good...I'll copy and paste it for your reading enjoyment...everyone loves a good Sunday morning horror story....

"You never mention us, and if anyone reads the blog, I am sure they are convinced I don't exist. Amy, Kathy, Aunt Pat, all stopped even reading it because it made them so angry. I am a persona non grata."
My reply:
"I only mention what is going on. If we haven't done anything with you, what would you like me to say? I don't mention Jim and Kitty unless we've been with them...I don't mention any of my friends except for running with Jo"

Come on, is she thirteen?

anyway, Kitty (Chris' mom) is over and it was good to talk this out with her...she's more of a mother to me than my biological one. She is am amazing grandmother. And it's funny, because she used to drive me nuts and I didn't like her--now I adore her. She's honest and loving, and treats the girls amazing. She doesnt' try and buy love like my mother and instead spoils the girls with love and her time.

Thanks for letting me whine
I get to run tomorrow Slow, and short, but it will be great for my psyche!
Peace out, girlfriends!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page