dingoes running in the sun - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2007, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CherylAnn - if all else fails, just keep the beat. Play the base note of the chord (the name of the chord) with your left hand and just play quarter notes if you have to. Follow the singers, but try to give them a beat to follow. Don't be nervous - no one's paying any attention to you for the most part. That's what I love about accompanying - get to play great music, get to perform with people I enjoy (I mostly do my own kids and other people's kids and I love teens) and really no one's paying attention to you, they are watching the soloist (or duet or whatever.) You can do it!

RR - I had a great run today. I was hoping to get out alone, but dd decided she had to come at the last moment. I ran out in the country, a big country road square, through fields and over a couple little streams. For 2 miles of it we didn't even see a single car, and the rest was very limited traffic. Nothing to hear but the birds singing, bugs chirping - and the constant chitter-chatter of my 4 yr old running partner! Total of 5.2 miles, at 52:52 (I thought all those 5's and 2's were kind of funny!) I'm sort of struggling with how I want to train right now. On the one hand, I want to stick to a plan and make myself do it, on the other hand, I'm wanting my running to flow better with the rest of my life, so that I just go whenever, how far, how fast, and for how long fits with the rest of my life. So, I futzed with this week's schedule and ran Mon, Tues, and Wed, and then not until today. Today was supposed to be 7 miles (moved from yesterday) but dd was dying to get home and eat her birthday cake, so we just did the big loop and came back home. I felt great, though, and like I could have kept going for quite a while, so that was good.

NRR - my dd is 4! Unfortunately, I was making her an over bed canopy thing as a birthday present (I actually intend to hang it in a corner of our living room as a secret hideout for her) and my sewing machine broke! So I wrapped up the top part of it and a picture of it, and I'll have to take my machine in tomorrow and see if they can fix it. It's a cheaper model, and 15 years old, so hopefully it will be fixable. We also took her to Build-a-Bear yesterday and let her make a bear (talk a commercialized night mare, but she enjoyed it so much.) She made a fairy princess bear, and named her Princess (go figure) I made her cake with a Barbie pan, and frosted it as a butterfly fairy princess just like her bear, and she was just tickled. I can't believe my very last baby is 4 years old already!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2007, 01:25 AM

Uh-oh, y'all... the Dingo ad at the bottom of the page sounds dire. "Dingo Warning: Don't train your dingo until you see this." What, is it some bouncy lactating woman peeing in her pants at mile 2.7?

So the bike ride today was a HUGE shot in the arm. I rode with my Uncle and Aunt, who I want to be when I grow up. Uncle is a coach emeritus with the Professional Ski Instructors of America and an uber bike geek... but it is just as fun to ride bikes with him as it is to ski. He has ZERO snobbery or artifice about either sport -- just enthusiasm, passion, and gentle teaching skills. I love that man. Anyway, learned some basic bike maintenance/gears know-how and just had fun. We rode 14 miles on mostly flat terrain, but I got the added fun of negotiating a few intersections while thinking about the clipless, etc. And I fell way more in love with my sweet, fast, responsive, happy-colored bike. Le sigh :

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonikitaUT View Post
No running to report. : But it is Gay Pride weekend in Salt Lake City and we took DD to the parade this morning. We had a blast!
Cool! San Jose Pride is next weekend and SF Pride is in 2 weeks. I really want to go the SF one - really the queen of all prides, right

Re the fast food song - I would be really pissed off about, and politely say something to the teacher after my anger cooled down. There is tons of evidence that advertising is hugely influential, especially to kids who don't know they're being manipulated. And it's even more insidious if part of a catchy jingle that's being promoted by respected adults!

Mixed exercise weekend. First the good news. Despite my bladder problem, which has prevented me from running since January, I had the burning desire to go for a run Friday morning. I decided to treat myself to a trail run, figuring if I can rarely run, I might as well enjoy it to the max. I felt a bit guilty about the 10-mile one-way drive, but the trail was fantastic AND I had zero leakage the whole 1/2 hour run!!! I so so freaking high - great run, beautiful scenery, deer, rabbits, happy dogs. AHHHHHHH I need to remind myself of this to inspire my annoying and time-consuming bladder PT. And I wanna live near single track!!! Trouble is, how can I do that and also not have to drive to work or to kids' schools? On the school front, in the short-term, DH and I have agreed to apply to the local magnet elementary school and the discovery charter school, both of which are really progressive educationally. Problem is, both are on a lottery, so no guarantee of getting in, but : We will revisit the question of where to live when we're financially closer to being able to buy a house.

Sat and Sun, didn't get much exercise except biking around with family. But I was super tired because Galen woke up around midnight both nights and I couldn't get back to sleep - so I was awake for 5 hours in the middle of the night Friday night and 3 hours in the middle of the night last night. Ugh.

Question for y'all: Any suggestions for making a diaper pail less stinky? We've been doing cloth for ages, and the pail doesn't bother me much but we're trying to get Ethan to use the big potty (with little seat on top) in the bathroom rather than his little potty in living room. He's really sensitive to smells and complains about the pail smell in the bathroom. Consequently, this evening he had a big poopy accident in the tub - ICK!! Any suggestions?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:51 AM
Banned

Hi all,

I'm a newbie. I don't have time to read all seven pages so I will just jump in and join you. I walked for 65 minutes. I need to get moving. I look at food and gain. I fell like I will explode. I didn't eat after dinner today!

Diane
Old 06-04-2007, 04:50 AM

Sally, the henna looks so fun!
Happy birthday Plady
must run tomorrow!!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:55 AM

Jo, thanks for posting that! I can see it will come in mighty handy in the days to come. I think I kind of go through those steps anyway, but less formally.

Plady, happy (belated) birthday!

Chamamama, I think it is the stress that is making me speedy. I can actually feel the tension and anxiety fueling my legs when I run. Oh, well, it is far better than the stress just fueling my insomnia.

Amara, congrats on your run! What is your current pail set-up? Is it a pail with a lid? How long does it sit? Is it the dipes, or the actual pail? Some things that have worked for us at various stages over the years are borax(for the pail, not the dipes), oxyclean, the bio-enzyme stuff(blanking on name), and baking powder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post
Hi all,

I'm a newbie. I don't have time to read all seven pages so I will just jump in and join you. I walked for 65 minutes. I need to get moving. I look at food and gain. I fell like I will explode. I didn't eat after dinner today!

Diane
Hi Diane,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
Uh-oh, y'all... the Dingo ad at the bottom of the page sounds dire. "Dingo Warning: Don't train your dingo until you see this." What, is it some bouncy lactating woman peeing in her pants at mile 2.7?
OMG, I just spit coffee at the computer screen. Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjen View Post
NRR - my dd is 4!
Happy Birthday to your dd! I have an almost 4 year old, and it really seems like yesterday that they were newborns!

cReb , sorry to hear about your mom situation. I might be projecting here, but it sounds a little like she is one of those people who rewrites history so that she stays un-blameable for bad situations. You sound really strong and steady about the whole situation. I am sending many good thoughts in your direction.

Monikita, I love the story about Livi actualizing a stuffed animal!

Cheryl Ann, sounds like a nice vacation despite missing your half.

mamabeth, I am also interested in thoughts about night running....I always nix the idea because I get freaked out about not being visible enough, and in rural maine, if there was a predator lurking in the bushes (sooo unlikely), there may not even be a house in a 1/4 mi radius for help.

RM, sending healing foot prayers in your direction! And functioning water heater ones! My dh sounds a little like yours as far as home installation projects go....hopefully you already have hot water!

Okay, apparently I'm chatty this morning. Have a lovely week everyone!
Abby
Old 06-04-2007, 08:57 AM

wawoof - have you tried baking soda in the bottom and then keeping a vial of tto or lavendar or some other eo and sprinkling it occasionally on the diapers/wipes?

So last night I did w3d1. I'm skipping a few workouts only because it felt pretty easy and I have my old excitement back to get out there and run. It feels awesome to realize at night as I'm going to bed I'm contemplating and plotting on when I can get out the next day. And then doing it! I also like the c25k plan because as I'm running these shorter distances and have resting breaks I can run fast! It feels good to run fast again. So I'm trying to decide if I'll have enough oomph in me to do w3d2 tonight after work and after putting dd to bed. Close to 8pm. Which is really late for me these days...often times I'm getting in bed.

Which brings me to the next exciting issue. I've been trying the pantley no cry sleep solution book. And although it hasn't been no crying completely, it's been only a little crying and never hard crying just fussy kind of stuff (always for less than 3 minutes). And last night? He slept from 8:45 to 1:30 (nurse for 30 minutes), 2:00 until 4:45 (nurse 20 minutes) and still asleep. He was waking almost every hour and a half. But this is why sleep is such a commodity. I'm still tired this morning and I went to bed around 10 and got up at 6:30 (with the breaks in between and after 4:45 it was hard to go back to sleep, my damn neighbor had her dog out barking to come in : ).
Old 06-04-2007, 09:27 AM

Good morning!!

Thanks missbliss for the healing vibes and the hot water ones!! we have HOT water!!! I'm excited to take a long, hot shower and be able to wash AND shave. :

RR: today is a rest day, wondering what to do about the foot, let it rest more or see a doc to possibly get back on track faster.

BBM~sleep really effected my running ability and drive to run. I've read several articles and books stating this as fact as well. Nutrition, stress, sleep, etc. all contribute. It sounds as you are doing great, both with running and with NCSS. yay!

HBM~ how goes it?

Poppy~healing up?

Patti~settling in since Ireland?

Diane~

Prananmama~

Trimama~ Happy Birthday!

eksmom~exercise today? how are you?

wawoof~yay on no bladder problems while running!!

drjen~your run sounds wonderful, good to hear from you!

megs~your bike ride with family sounds great!

balancin1~how are you? call me anytime to talk Chicago. I"m with injury already...

CherylAnn~your vacation sounds fun! maybe you'll find out you enjoy speedwork for 10K's a whole bunch and be pleasantly surprised.

1jooj~good run! yay! meant to comment on the bunions hurting for the plank. I've got monster bunions. if you want options...try the plank with running shoes on or off (oposite of how you've done it), and/or try rocking forward on the balls of your feet or backwards to find a comfortable spot. jsut a few thoughts.

Nickolaberry~hope I got that name right, good luck finding your shoes!

jenlove~loved your pics and your trip sounded lovely!

got to get another cup of coffee ladies, talk to you later, maybe after my shower! ahhhhhh.....
Old 06-04-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I made her cake with a Barbie pan, and frosted it as a butterfly fairy princess just like her bear, and she was just tickled.
Pictures? :

Quote:
And I fell way more in love with my sweet, fast, responsive, happy-colored bike. Le sigh :
The bike ride sounds awesome, WTG for clipless intersection negotiating! I know your bike is a Bianchi but what model? Pic?

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

Old 06-04-2007, 09:48 AM

i made it out of the woods in one piece yesterday, phwew. there were no other bikers on the mountain and hardly any hikers at the summit. i would have been screwed if something bad had happened. between that and not being able to stop thinking about stupid dh it wasn't that good of a ride. but at least i got out there. then dh's extended family planned a bbq (that he had originally suggested) so hung around to do that.

dh and i still aren't talking. i think he owes me a bit of an apology for some of the things he said. what should i be sorry for, saying 'i'm really upset that you're not riding with me today'? anyway. moving beyond.

abs and push-ups are done. it's a rainy, dreary day out there so i have my running clothes and we'll see if it's a trail run day or a rest day depending on work load.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
NRR - my dd is 4!
Happy Birthday to your DD!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawoof View Post
Mixed exercise weekend. First the good news. Despite my bladder problem, which has prevented me from running since January, I had the burning desire to go for a run Friday morning. I decided to treat myself to a trail run, figuring if I can rarely run, I might as well enjoy it to the max. I felt a bit guilty about the 10-mile one-way drive, but the trail was fantastic AND I had zero leakage the whole 1/2 hour run!!!
Woo Hoooo!!! I have some leaking too, but it seems to be related to my cycles. Maybe something to do with hormones relaxing certain muscles or something. Glad you had such a nice run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybugmama View Post
Which brings me to the next exciting issue. I've been trying the pantley no cry sleep solution book. And although it hasn't been no crying completely, it's been only a little crying and never hard crying just fussy kind of stuff (always for less than 3 minutes). And last night? He slept from 8:45 to 1:30 (nurse for 30 minutes), 2:00 until 4:45 (nurse 20 minutes) and still asleep.
FANTASTIC!!!! I had great luck with NCSS with my youngest, right down to the lovey and everything. She sleeps 2 5 hour stretches a night and it's really just great. Every once in a huge while, she'll sleep straight through. I'm so glad you're getting some sleep .

I think I need to get my bike fitted. I never really did after buying it, but now I've got some wicked wrist pain that I'm sure is caused by upper body misalignment. Time to shell out the $$$ for the professionals at the bike shop to check it out, I suppose. Today is day 2 of rest. I saw a friend from Tri Club last night and she said they had a fabulous pool workout yesterday . I kept telling myself that I need to take these days off to recover though. I'm way too compulsive about training, I swear.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
Old 06-04-2007, 10:50 AM

Didn't get out for my morning run. Ds decided to throw an early morning tantrum and threw himself back (back dive, yk?) and clocked his head into my jaw. OUCH.

Then of course he started wailing and the morning was off to a great start . His head is fine and I have a bruise. I hope noone things dh is G-d forbid abusing me. Sigh.

There are 2 or 3 "real" running shoe stores in my area, though they are all a good 1/2 hr. drive or more. Worth it, right? Even with the price of gas. I gotta have a good pair of shoes.

That website's endangered shoes only has my shoes in size 13B. Oh well.

Oh yeah, diaper pail. I was *just* reading Clean House, Clean Planet yesterday and it basically said give it a good baking soda paste scrub, then rinse with a bit of scented vinegar, then rinse again. It worked for mine.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

Old 06-04-2007, 11:00 AM

Hey all! I survived the weekend. A little quiet grumpiness in the house but overall okay. I think he is actually looking for places to move out to. It will seem more real when he is actually gone.

Hope the birthday mamas had a great day!!

RE: Night running
I do it often. I have a reflective vest. Usually just run a well traveled, lit road. Often the bike path that runs along a popular suburban area. Always take my cell phone. I usually try to be done by 10pm at the latest. After that my mind gets creeped out. I have never ever been hassled or had any problems. I usually make sure whoever is home with the kids at least knows the route I am doing and how long I expect to be gone. It has been often the only way I can get a run in.

Speaking of running I am trying to decide if I will tonight or ride. Tuesday morning is definitely a running day. I might head to the pool after the kids are in bed too this evening. Two weeks till the tri!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2babybees View Post
RE: Night running
I do it often. I have a reflective vest. Usually just run a well traveled, lit road. Often the bike path that runs along a popular suburban area. Always take my cell phone. I usually try to be done by 10pm at the latest. After that my mind gets creeped out. I have never ever been hassled or had any problems. I usually make sure whoever is home with the kids at least knows the route I am doing and how long I expect to be gone. It has been often the only way I can get a run in.
As another resident night runner, I would add:

1. Mix up your route/time. Don't do the same street at the same time every night, or every mon-wed-fri. Be unpredictable. If a predator sees you run past his house every Monday night at 9:45, it makes it sort of easy for him, you know?

2. I take a dog. If you have one, it is always a good suggestion.

3. If you don't have reflective clothing, you can always get one of those arm bands that flash with a red LED light. That is what I use.. although I admit that some a$$holes aim for me until the last minute and think it is really funny. Recently a Trans-Am on the OPPOSITE side of the road swerved toward me and came so close that I couldn't believe it. I swear we're talking inches or less.

4. While running at night, DO NOT wear headphones. This is not a time to listen to your ipod. You need to hear every sound... if a car is coming, or a dog, or someone is running up behind you, you need to hear it.

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
Old 06-04-2007, 12:24 PM

Everything that MonikitaUT said! I always vary my route times at night. I feel like that's one of the best things to do. Also regarding dinner. I try to avoid meat, onions or well seasoned foods. Salads mostly. And I eat early, at least 2-3 hours before I plan to run. I usually will have a small snack when I get back. That being said I have run with that yucky food feeling more than once. To some degree I think you get used to it.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2babybees View Post
Everything that MonikitaUT said! I always vary my route times at night. I feel like that's one of the best things to do.
Actually, this is good to do no matter what time of day you run. A friend of a friend was followed by a guy on his way to work one morning (this was in my little quaint town too). She consistently ran the same route at the same time and he would see her on his way to work (he lived in another nearby town). One day he followed her. She realized she was being followed and ran to a nearby house to call police. The man was caught. She now runs with a cell phone. Another good idea is to get an ID - I'm going to order a road ID wrist band. I should probably carry my cell too - yeesh, what has this world come to?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:54 PM

so much to say...

diaper pail: I load the bottom with baking soda and water, using a clean prefold to scrub it up. Then dump that into the washer on top of my diapers (as the water is filling). Then I rinse with vinegar and water and dump into the wash tub next to the washer. Provided I have time, I let it dry outside in the sun. Or, I know this is totally crazy BUT....keep the diaper pail someplace other than the bathroom while ds is training. My own dh hates keeping it in there - he likes it in the hallway. But while he's gone I've moved it right back there where it should be -- next to the potty

old running shoes (err, new running shoes but older models) -- occasionally people sell these things on ebay. If you save a search there (i.e. have ebay search every so often) you may be able to snag a pair. Sometimes though, you just have to resign yourself to new shoes.

knitting: add me to the blog.

running at night: can you have a light supper with the kids, reserving half or something for when you get back? The dinner in the stomach issue is huge with me. I also always vary my routes.

BBM how about a for that sleep? Yahoo!!!

My own kids are making life a little crazy for me. Dh comes home for a long weekend this weekend. Yay! Leah can now climb out of her pack and play. Geez. Luckily she'll go right back in. She's just so freaking proud of herself for being able to climb out.

Who is living without a hot water heater? How are you doing it? My gosh I just can't imagine.

Cute belly Sally!

Happy birthday to all the folks I missed.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
Old 06-04-2007, 01:16 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbliss View Post
Bec, have I told you my favorite race story? Last summer at my second race ever, I was stretching pre-race and an older gentlemen came up and started chatting with me, he asked me what pace I planned on running, and I said that I generally ran about an eleven minute mile. He totally beamed, and said, "Wonderful! Just think how inspiring you will be to those running 12-minute miles." I still feel warm and fuzzy thinking about it.
This is awesome! Thanks for the story!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate~mom View Post
for another race that i was stressed about, patti ann gave the advice to set a realistic goal and a pie in the sky goal -
This is sort of what I am doing. My realistic goal is to finish it and not be last . My pie in the sky goal is to do it in under 30 minutes.

I'm sorry about the lack of personals. Lately, I have only had a few minutes at a time to be at the computer (It has taken me over 12 hours to write this post!).

Katie had her dance recital yesterday, and was about as cute as she could be. Dance has been great for her coordination this year. She has a long way to go, but so long as she keeps having fun and keeps a healthy attitude, I'm following her lead.

DH is heading out of town today and won't be back until late Thursday, so I don't know how much running I will be able to get in, realistically. I'm hoping for at least 3 more times this week. We'll see how it goes.

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:20 PM

thanks mamas! I will be going mostly while it's still light out (at least til fall), and I do always carry my phone. i will have to play around with dinners, and i think eating half is a good idea and then the rest when I get back so I don't end up eating cake or something (there is a GIANT birthday cake left in our fridge from my cousin who was here over the wkd

I did get up and run this morning though because lll is tonight. for the past few weeks I have felt like I'm running through sludge, but then I realized that I haven't taken any vitamins since I had the stomach virus. probably not so smart.

I will try to get back for personals but right now must put down ds and feed dd.

OH!!!! I forgot!!! The shirts are supposed to be here today!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
On night running -- all of the above. Plus, some streets just creep me out. I avoid them, trusting my instincts. I tend towards wider streets even if there's a tad more traffic than the narrow ones. I wear white, and if it'll be DARK by the time I'm done, also a flashing LED light.

Speaking of white, I got a bright white wicking shirt Saturday for $6.75 at Meijer. Off brand, near the front of the store I was at. The sizes ran huge, though, I bought a size S.

Diaper pail: I don't have one. We just use wet bags. As soon as the bag is full, it goes down to the laundry room.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:06 PM

DrJen, thanks so much! I'll play it through a few times with the base note of the chord just in case. I want her to keep asking me, I guess. So, I better not let her down this time. People will only pay attention to me if I'm messing up really badly. I'll do the base note thing. Thank you!!! Happy Birthday to your DD!!!

Quote:
laughup

Wawoof, so glad you got out there for a good run!! I hope you can add them back in now.

CharlieBrown and Nickarolaberry

MissBliss, Thinking of you and your family.

BBM, WTG on the great c25k and the sleep training!!! Woohooo

RM, Yay for hot water!!! I hope your foot feels better today! I had missed that you injured it. OUCH!

GMM, I'm sorry things are rocky with dh right now.

2BB, Keeping you in my thoughts. I'm glad to hear that he's looking for a different place to live.

JayGee, I hope the bike fitting does the trick! Do you have a sports PT around there? My PT fitted my bike for me. It was covered by insurance. Weird, eh? But makes sense because it prevents future visits.

bec, you inspire me!

Yay, the shirts are coming! The shirts are coming!!!

Monica, I loved your parade pics. Thanks for linking them!

I have a good run to report, but now I have to race to work. Talk to you all later!
Old 06-04-2007, 02:22 PM

missbliss

2BB's

CharlieBrown and Nickarolaberry: Welcome!

Bec: You can do it!

Monica: Are you running today? Nice pictures of the parade.

RR: I am on my 4th round of week 3 in the Couch to 5K. I pretty much took last week off. It felt good to run. I am running on a TM but I think once I am running longer stretches and not switching between running and walking so much I will head outside. I am looking forward to it. I am also thinking about running a 5K this Fall. Oh, and I planked for 1:16 this morning! When I started planking last month 15 sec. was really hard!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

Old 06-04-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatz View Post
Another good idea is to get an ID - I'm going to order a road ID wrist band.
I often run early, early morning ~ which, to me, has the same dangers as running at night. I have an ID laced through my running shoe lace. I went to the local pet store, where they have the ID making machines for pet collars. I printed one up for myself with my phone number and address (I don't have any health issues, but if there were some, such as diabetes, I would've put that on there). Fortunately, they had circle IDs to choose from rather than just bones and hearts!!

I also run directly down the middle of the road if there aren't any cars coming. This way, I'm not running next to some shrubbery or trees and I would also have some time to hear someone coming toward the street at me, if that were the case. I figure it would be a little difficult for someone to just lunge out of some bushes at me if I'm in the middle of the street.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:30 PM

Hi ladies, I just noticed my post count and thought that post should be here.

: Thank you all for your part in helping this day finally come.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:48 PM

missbliss - congrats!!

jaygee - yeah, my leakage is cycle-related too. much worse when af is here.

bbm - I feel your pain about sleep - see below.

Thanks for all the pail suggestions. I do think it's the diapers stinking, rather than the pail, but I usually just rinse the pail, so scrubbing with baking soda, vinegar, and essential oil couldn't hurt. Before I read your posts, I recycled some of the bleach water that I was soaking the bath toys in (after aforementioned poop accident) into the diaper pail. But I would obviously rather avoid bleach!

No workout this morning. Galen was sleeping AWFULLY last night - as in flailing around with boob in mouth/teeth most of night, even after having night-time pain/cold medicine. UGH! I gave him to DH for a couple of hours in the middle of the night, but none of us got much sleep. I'm SO tempted to night-wean Galen, but I'd miss the closeness to him and I know the short-term would be painful (as in less sleep during the night-weaning) so I haven't done it yet.

Must run to prep class - I have a senior faculty person observing my seminar today - of course on a day with hardly any sleep :
Old 06-04-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimomma View Post
I often run early, early morning ~ which, to me, has the same dangers as running at night. I have an ID laced through my running shoe lace. I went to the local pet store, where they have the ID making machines for pet collars. I printed one up for myself with my phone number and address (I don't have any health issues, but if there were some, such as diabetes, I would've put that on there). Fortunately, they had circle IDs to choose from rather than just bones and hearts!!

AWESOME idea! Adding pet shop to my list of stops when I'm finished working.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
Old 06-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Banned

boy, what a lovely group. thanks for the warm welcome. i will post after my walk tonight.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:34 PM

Hi ladies. No running yet today, but I may try later this evening for a short de-stresser type run. We had the first day of VBS today and I am exhausted. And dd1 has the pukes AGAIN. : (sorry Mamabeth, maybe not a virus this time? )

I've read up to this point, but don't have the energy to do personals right now. Just know I'm thinking of you all.

And a big to the new members!

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
Old 06-04-2007, 03:38 PM

CherylAnn~i was running through the playground with my kids Thursday, in running shoes. Dunno what happend. thanks for t he well wishes!
Old 06-04-2007, 03:48 PM

Hi mamas - hope all had a good weekend!

I managed a 3 mile run last nite, but it was pretty lackluster (other than running in 98 degrees has to count for something, right? )

I'm in a bit of a fog this morning and have some big changes happening at work, basically three different opportunities starting in July, and all are equally interesting, but I just do not know how to decide and also maintain good relationship w/ my current boss if I don't decide to keep working with her (because we would still be working together quite a bit). I guess this is a good problem to have, but it really has me in a funk, I don't know why, I guess I just got too comfortable with my current arrangement and don't want to change

I'm sorry for no personals, but I've been thinking of everyone

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)

User Tag List