dingoes running in the sun - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
It is June 1st everyone!!

Let's keep cheering each other in all of our forward motion activities - whether that be marathon runs or walking, wogging, whatever.

#2 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Absolutely.

Figuring out what my forward motion will be today...
#3 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
From Plady - "Okay, I'm going to make way for someone who is actually running to start the June thread!"

I barely qualify but I'm getting there

Taking yesterday off felt good. I didn't sleep much last night but even so I am not tired the way I was yesterday. I have another 20 km bike ride planned for today. I will probably run again on Saturday nigt when dh is home.
#4 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 10:26 AM

Hmm, forward motion. I guess I'll get myself into a pool and do some laps while dd is at school today. I love taking her swimming but I don't get much real swimming in.

Okay. Will. not. forget. to. sub.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#5 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 10:51 AM

:
#6 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 10:59 AM

Sub-a-dub-dub-bing. I'm about to take a load of stuff to donate, then we are still working hard to get the place cleaned up before the ILs visit next week for R's birthday. However I've been very good about running and exercising this week, and although I am still bloating waiting on AF, I feel more like myself...
#7 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 11:06 AM

subbing
#8 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 11:08 AM

Subbing.

Someone asked on the last thread if they had missed my 1000th post. Nope, it wasn't missed... and of course I posted my 1000th with all of you.

Today I am off to work on our internet business. Hopefully do all of the paperwork to become an LLC, and then maybe we'll go camping. I'd really like to get a few miles in somewhere.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#9 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 11:14 AM

Ahh Jenlove, I miss the days of "maybe we'll go camping". Enjoy it...but hurry up with starting to TTC already.:

Just back from 4.3. It was hot and hard and my entire body is hurting. Ugh-how do you get this out of shape in less than 2 weeks? :

We are having a garage sale tomorrow. I don't even care about making money (although it would be nice), but I'm so excited to clear out some junk!!!! My mom is coming to help us and she is going to come today so dh and I can go out tonight! It's been nearly four months since our last night out and we need it badly. I think we're going to see Pirates and I'm looking forward to drooling for Johnny.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#10 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 11:15 AM

Happy June, ladies.
#11 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 11:17 AM

happy June!

loads of ab work finished this am. long run planned for 7 am tomorrow, knee better behave!
#12 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatz View Post
Geo - I hope you can find some answers for your breathing troubles - at least the docs didn't write you a bunch of useless scripts and pat you on the head.
: That's exactly why I go to that practice. They respect the fact that I take care of myself, prefer to approach my health issues proactively (healthy diet, exercise, all that good stuff).

I have an appointment for June 27. : This is a case where I HATE my insurance. I'm so limited on who I can see that I end up at places with long waits. I'm on their cancellation list, and I have orders to go to the ER if things get worse. Otherwise, I'm supposed to keep going with my life as I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
Eks - I would be really annoyed if dd came home from school singing that song. It's one thing to learn it at camp where you go to learn obnoxious stuff but school? I'd totally be fussing. Using music to teach things (like the names of states, presidents, countries etc, is great. Using it to embed into kids brains names of places that they don't need but will mysteriously be attracted to ever after is sick. :

Geo - I hope you can figure out the breathing thing. I vote for anxiety too. The door business could have been the final straw.
I was also starting to wonder if it was a "straw that broke the camel's back" kinda thing. The thing is, I've had some odd neurological problems my whole adult life. When I've seen a doc for it in the past, I've gotten things like pamplets for domestic violence or orders to "relax" or to stop exercise or to do more exercise or to stop eating solid foods.

On the song, as evidence of using songs to teach to the long-term memory, how many of you sing the ABCs when you're trying to put something in alphabetical order? I'm betting 90% of us do.

ETA: 57.25 miles ran in May. I'm hoping June will be 60.
#13 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy View Post
Ahh Jenlove, I miss the days of "maybe we'll go camping". Enjoy it...
that is EXACTLY what i was thinking when i read her post! i was a little wistful for those pre-baby days...

did anyone see this blue planet run thing? good cause, with the whole clean water message. i don't know enough about dow to know if they have ulterior motives etc.

happy june! mine would be happier if these allergies would subside already! :

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#14 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 12:12 PM

Subbing .

Forward motion plan for today includes biking and possibly running afterwards. My Friday brick workouts never seem to go as planned though.

Happy June!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#15 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 12:14 PM

Shanti, weird because I just got logged out! I had to think about how to re-log in because it's been so long. Thanks for the new thread!

Plady, when I was in college we had a professor who always said "White Rabbit" on the first day of the month. It became a contest because you had to be the first person to say it. People would call him just after midnight but he was too smart for them! He answered the phone, "White Rabbit". There were intricately planned out schemes for being the first. He officiated our wedding and we gave him a white rabbit (and Alice one) as a gift. I have a picture of him hugging that thing. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

Geo, Fletcher had breathing issues when he was under a lot of stress 4 years ago. But, it was pretty obvious considering what was happening in our lives that it was stress related. I've had my heart speed up and skip around which affected my breathing and I didn't think it was stress because it never happened at stressful times. It would happen on a nice, calm Sunday morning, or in the shower where I thought I was relaxed. But, looking back on what was going on in my life, I'm pretty sure it was anxiety. I hope you get some answers!!

I did a hill run this morning. 3 miles in 32:10. I'm still impressed with my speed because last time I did that hill my overall time was closer to 12 min miles. I'm not sure if I'm doing an actual "hill" workout. The hill closest to me goes on for several miles, so I can increase my distance each week, but should I be doing shorter stretches up hill but repeatedly? Here's how it goes...1/2 mile of flat, 1 mile uphill, 1 mile downhill, 1/2 mile of flat back to home. So, when I do four miles that will only be 1.5 miles uphill. It seems like so little uphill for the distance. Is that wrong? Should I find a different kind of hill?
#16 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 12:14 PM

Subbing as the newly single running mama. It's going to be a long road. Be back with more details later. Some on the blog already.
#17 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 12:18 PM

2BB
#18 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 12:18 PM

subbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppywise View Post
did anyone see this blue planet run thing? good cause, with the whole clean water message. i don't know enough about dow to know if they have ulterior motives etc.
That looks cool! Never heard of them, and Dow might just be in it for the greenwashing, but some of their group members are pretty well known/respected - Karl Henrik Robert created "the Natural Step" and Paul Hawken is a pretty famous "futurist" and environmentalist...

(((2BBs)))

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#19 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 12:25 PM

five miles-ish this morning, now off to a conference.
#20 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 12:36 PM

2BB, Somehow a little cartoon hug doesn't seem enough sometimes, but it comes with a lot of concern and support behind it. I'll be praying for you and your two baby bees. You are such a strong woman and a great role model for your kids.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#21 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 12:42 PM

Just subbed and not much else to say. 2BB, you are in my thoughts/prayers.

Debating whether to try to get Nevie to snooze before library story hour. She is happily playing with books right now, so... I'm just not feeling it.

Ugh. Red wine after masters swimming gives Megan a wee little morning headache. Darn darn double darn.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#22 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 12:47 PM

2bb's, I will go read your blog.

1jooj, Sorry to be delinquent...I'm not forgetting...
#23 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 01:03 PM

2bb's - just read your blog - wow - I feel sad that you have to be so strong in that way It sounds like you've gotten to a good place.
#24 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 01:37 PM

2BB's

Monica, Where are you??????????????????? What running is planned for today?

is here today and I didn't run this morning. UGH! Maybe this afternoon...................

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#25 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 01:59 PM

I'm subbing! I've been lurking long enough...

I'm not running at the moment(I'm 31 weeks pregnant) but still walk, swim and do TwaeKwonDoe(in a limited capacity). I can't wait to run again!

I'll walk around the lake with my dog tonight- it's about 6.5 miles.
#26 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 02:06 PM

2bbs - Congratulations on getting to where you are. You are so strong and sure. I have no doubts that you will be okay. Even though I know you'll have difficult times ahead helping your children adjusting to the new reality I can tell from your words and tone that it will all be easier because it is such the right way to go. May the hardest part be behind you already!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#27 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 02:13 PM
bec

2BB

I have a busy weekend. I didn't run yesterday because it was raining, my period had started (what's up with the 21 day cycle?!: ) and I was tired.

Today, I have a lot on my plate with my neighbor coming over with her newborn (Guys, I'm actually making a new friend!!!), a party for my kindergartener at school, errands to run for her dance recital on Sunday, and the house to clean before my inlaws get here, and hoping to get to a LLL meeting today.

I'm hoping to get a run in Saturday or Sunday morning. But, inlaws are here, and we've got the recital rehearsal on Saturday, the actual recital on Sunday, so it's busy, busy, busy. But, I have my fingers crossed.

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#28 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 02:17 PM

2bbs this-----> <----- is all the dingos surrounding you and holding you up when you need us. You are one awesome woman.

geo: I too am wondering if the door thing is the final straw. Sounds like maybe time to begin working from home.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#29 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 02:24 PM

oops posted to the wrong thread
Kristin's Officially Announced Goal for the Month of June:

run the Midnight Sun Race she missed last year due to an unscheduled trip to see sister in Detroit. 5km I believe.

editing to add:
My new nanny/sitter freaking ROCKS! As in totally, without a doubt is a good fit for my family. Too bad she's returning to school at UW Madison in the fall (Schatz, ND -- I'd pass along her name/number in a heartbeat).

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#30 of 1384 Old 06-01-2007, 02:49 PM

If you have something to add, just let me know. PM-ing is probably the best way to assure that I see it, but posting is OK too.

CherylAnn - Deputy Saul Gallegos Memorial Run (10K) - June 23
HBM, mamabeth - Peachtree Road Race 10K - July 4
bec - 5K - July 4
JayGee - Chicagoland Danskin Women's Triathlon - July 8
Schatz & cRebRun, feat. 1jooj as training partner - Fox Cities Half Marathon - September 23
aguacates - Maine Coast Half Marathon - September 23
Runningmommy, Balancin1 - Chicago Marathon - October 7

The Preggo Dingo List
Po6 - late July
Plady - Sept 20
HollysMom - Jan 08

Dingo Recipe Blog - send me a PM with your email address if you'd like to be added so that you can post.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page