Forum Jump: 

#211 of 215 Old 08-01-2007, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayolaab View Post
I just started and have decided I will not. Here are my reasons:

1) I want to eat healthfully for the rest of my life - and I will not always live within easy access to these "diet" foods. I would rather learn ways to adapt normal/whole foods to fit within a healthy diet than eat special diet foods. For example, the yogurt. I can buy plain nonfat yogurt and add fruit to it for the same point value as the WW yogurt and it's better for me, too.

2) They are expensive!!!

3) A lot of them contain artificial sugars, which I do not use.

4) A lot of them are for what I consider to be "treats", and I'm sorry but a diet treat just is not going to cut it for me. When I want a brownie, I want an ooey gooey chocolatey brownie... and I'll budget my points and portion accordingly.

MTA: RubyWild, is there a trick you use to quote all of us in one post?? That's really neat!
: I really don't like the WW food. It's mostly junk food modified with artificial sweeteners.

Oh, and I believe I've been multi-quoting for months now, thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyWild View Post
So, I was hoping for a two pound loss. I mean, I earned more than 28 activity points. I stayed OP. My clothes fit differently. I lost .8. I'm not too excited about that. I mean, I told myself beforehand not to be disappointed if I lost less than I hoped, but the thing is, it's Weight Watchers. It's the big measure every week.

Okay, waaaaahh fest over. I'm fitting better in my clothes. I'm feeling good. So, it's good. It'll happen.
It's still a loss! You'll have weeks where you lose 1 - 3 pounds, and ones like this where you lose under a pound, or stay the same. Keep with it and you will see loss soon enough! I also agree with a pp, you probably gained muscle with all of those activity points (I'd say your leg muscles gained a lot with those 17k steps climbing the mountain!). If you're working out you're not going to see a huge loss each week, b/c you're building up muscle. You're doing great!!!
#212 of 215 Old 08-01-2007, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayolaab View Post
Sounds like you are losing fat and gaining (heavier) muscle!! That's a LOT of activity points, great job!
Yeah, that's what they always say, but how many months can you really add muscle weight? I'd say I'm past adding muscle weight, at least from hiking.
#213 of 215 Old 08-01-2007, 01:35 AM

I started the August thread. Here it is!
#214 of 215 Old 08-01-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyWild View Post
Yes, they're refrigerated. I shop at an all natural foods store, so I don't know if all the regular groceries carry them or not, but since they're made with 100% sprouted grains, they're always refrigerated.

Between my three meals, I have a serving of fruit. Otherwise, I don't snack. I just eat really filling meals.

I don't. My store doesn't sell it. I have a feeling most of it isn't all that healthy, but would be interested to hear of kinds that are free of corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, etc.
I wish we had a good all natural food store here. I here rumor we're getting a Whole Foods! That would be fantastic!! I know that I've seen the Ezekiel breads at Kroger, but since we've moved they don't have one of those here either I'll hunt 'em down.

Im such a snacker. Im finding thats my toughest area. But I did really good yesterday and even had 1 Point left over!!! And I felt FULL! YIPEE!

The WW snacks are loaded w/ corn syrup, Im sure! Yes, they don't seem too healthy do they....We don't eat artificial sweetners here either, so Im having to just count all the real sugar we use, which I've really tried to cut out. My dh can't have HFCS because of his stomach, so that makes it easier to keep that out of the house.
#215 of 215 Old 08-01-2007, 02:55 PM

Right now, I don't really care about HFCS. It's hard enough to diet and avoid artificial sweeteners yk? Besides, I eat fast food on WW. Can't be as bad as taco bell.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page