Dingoes moving through August - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kerc, I'm an inch shorter than you, but that's still kinda tall and it sounds like we're built in a similar manner. So... that being said... those kind of tops, 'though I adore them, don't work for me. I like to think: "Would Katherine Hepburn have worn this?" and if not, I tend to stay away. Tailored/fitted tops just work best for me. Bummer. 'Cause I love the babydoll thing.

Night #3 went great! She was down by 7:45 and didn't rouse until midnight. Quick nip off the boob in bed and she was conked out again. I think there were maybe one or two night wakings with a quick nurse, then pat-down, but the only time I asked what time it was, it was already 5:00am. At some point she lifted my shirt and nursed all on her own, but it didn't wake me up, so I'm not complaining. We didn't get out of bed until 8:40. CRAZY.

Sooo... what to do with all this energy, finally, but my triathlon two days away? I'm thinking a leisurely bike ride through the neighborhood -- maybe a couple of hill repeats just to feel the gears shift. It's already pretty warm out there. Orrrrr... watching the other movie I rented yesterday and knitting while doing some laundry.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#122 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 02:35 PM

So why is it that I haven't actually been running since joining this thread? I joined to find motivation, oh well.

I did ride my bike to my parents' house with the kids in the trailer this morning. Then after watering all the plants and stealing a couple ripe tomatoes from the greenhouse rode back home. It was about 30 minutes each way, so a pretty good workout regardless.

I am off work for a couple weeks and that is really throwing off my routine. I usually get up and run early in the morning, but now since I don't have to go anywhere I have been sleeping in instead. I should get back out there next week. My ipod is loaded up with new music and ready to go!
#123 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 02:36 PM

Kerc - I don't know, as a pregnant person myself I've been enjoying the preggie-look styles that everyone else is wearling all of a sudden. I'm also looking forward to using said style in my pp days ahead. However, if I was not in this range and I didn't want to be confused as such, I'd probably steer away from that look.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#124 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 02:48 PM

kerc - meh, i'd do it. it looks comfy. the key thing is to pair it with something fitted on the bottom. i made a shirt recently [here]that for all intents and purposes could have been maternity and i just pair it with fitted jeans or something. i love those built by wendy patterns.

drjen - cute hair! tell her she looks GREAT!

mandy - who are those people? the stowe stepford wives or something? don't let it get you down

monica - great news on the doggie!

cherylann - try not to get down on yourself - you're amazing! i am glad you decided to go off meds if that is right for you. you can make it work, i know it!

we're headed to a kentucky state park today to meet my parents for the weekend. after so much of dh's family activity, i am happy to relax with my parents [which, btw, would normally drive me crazy but i am coming to appreciate the lack of drama on my side compared to my dh's nutty and drama infested family]

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#125 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post

Be honest with me here ~ do you think it is unreasonable of me to run a 1/2 marathon on September 8? That would mean a dramatic increase in LR mileage over the next 5 weeks. I feel I have a good base, from all the tri training, but my longest run to date was only 9 miles and that was over a month ago. Would I be over-reaching to try and get ready for 13.1 in such a short time frame?
I think you could do it. You actually only need to train up to 70% of what the distance is of the race... the rest comes from training mentally. It's probably better to train further than the distance you want if you are looking for good times, but if you just want to finish, I think you can do it.

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
#126 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppywise View Post

mandy - who are those people? the stowe stepford wives or something? don't let it get you down
hah! those are just the waterbury women. don't even get me started on what i'll go through when K starts back at Stowe preschool.

Kerc - as a long torso person, i'm loving the tunic/somewhat maternity top thing. in fact i'm wearing one right now. i think that's a wicked cute shirt and it would most likely look cute on you.

it is so HOT outside. i nearly perished from heat in my car driving home from work. happy to work on the bike shop stuff from the cool comfort of the basement.
#127 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 03:07 PM

kerc ~ that is one cute shirt! Given that you are tall and well proportioned, I think it would certainly work on you. I bought one recently and it's awful on my 5'1" frame.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#128 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 03:07 PM

doctorjen-tell Catherine the haircut looks great. Kelsy has been wanting to get hers cut for awhile now. I keep telling her it is much better to be able to put it in a pony tail for gymnastics. Don't know how much longer that will work.

mandy-I so wish we were closer. I'd love to hang out with you.

kerc-I try to stay away from shirts like that. I think they are so cute, but not for me. I don't want people to think I'm pregnant either.

runningmommy-sorry about your GM's comments. She had her turn to raise her kids. You are doing great. Thinking about that bridge collapse too. Too sad.

bec-good luck on that run.

So we're at dh's sisters house yesterday and Kelsy sees a beautiful bowl trophy. She goes to me "Mommy isn't that the race you're running?" I tell her yes it is. Turns out that dh's sister won the Philly Distance Run(half marathon) in 1994. Near it on the table is another beautiful bowl trophy. She won the Philadelphia Marathon in 1999 training for the Olympic Trials. And my goal for the Philly Distance Run.... to finish and the next goal is to finish in 10 minute miles. I have so much more respect for how amazing of a runner she was.

Tomorrow is 10 miles for me. Wish me luck.

plady-I would love to send you a bead for a birthing necklace. Are you interested? It was amazing the strength and love I felt from all the dingos as I was birthing Gabriel. What address to send it too? PM me.

Anyone else interested in sending plady a bead for a birthing necklace? I treasure mine and it was so helpful getting me through a very emotional birth.

Patti
#129 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti Ann View Post
Anyone else interested in sending plady a bead for a birthing necklace? I treasure mine and it was so helpful getting me through a very emotional birth.

Yes! Count me in. Tell me where to send it.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#130 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 03:21 PM

Kerc, I'd stay away from it unless you have B cups or smaller. I think that those tops are really cute but look awful on big breasted women like me. I have a little camisole top with an empire waist that I wear occasionally with fitted bottoms but Naomi always tells me it's not a good look. And I trust her. She's honest with me. Now the shirt that Poppy linked is good because it doesn't have an empire waist. I think anyone could wear that.

I've multi-quoted a bunch of stuff and ran out of time.

Dr.Jen, DD looks gorgeous! Smashing! A beautiful look for entering the 8th grade. She looks cute and snappy and grown up.

Ran 3 miles with my fast friend and another friend who is new to running. We did 2 miles of hills and I was the pokiest. My fast friend ran circles around us like a little puppy. She has amazing energy! My new runner friend walked a couple times on the hills, but he still managed to stay ahead of me. It was fun. When we got back home I ran back and forth in front of our house for a while until I hit 3 miles. I'm going to start working toward 60 minutes of exercise per day. It'll hopefully be mostly running, but any combo will do as long as I get to burn nearly 600 calories a day.
#131 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylAnn View Post
Kerc, I'd stay away from it unless you have B cups or smaller. I think that those tops are really cute but look awful on big breasted women like me.

LOL B cups when ENTIRELY full and nursing a newborn. : I was thinking I need to modify the pattern to account for my small breasts.

#132 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 03:32 PM

#133 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 03:32 PM

one of ours is semi-famous

#134 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerc View Post
Yes! Count me in. Tell me where to send it.
:

ok packing the car, heading out...have a great weekend ladies

ETA: eek! kerc!

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#135 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 03:51 PM

Wow, Poppy!! Awesome!! There is so much about you that I don't know! What a great article.
#136 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylAnn View Post
Kerc, I'd stay away from it unless you have B cups or smaller..
lol. On a recent run, Janessa and I decided that they look best with big boobs and a narrow waist.

I try shirts on of the style at times. I never buy.

Quote:
I'd love to send a bead. Thanks for bringing this up, Patti. :
#137 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 04:01 PM

RR: quick 2.5 around the neighborhood this AM, hoping for 4ish tomorrow, which will put me at 300 so far.... (and almost time for new shoes )

NRR: I just set my dissertation defense date!! October 2!! So excited, setting the date seems about as complicated as the defense itself, now I have exactly 2 months to finish everything and prepare!

Wemoon - i just added you on myspace :

Kerc - i vote no on the top bc I am a couple inches shorter than you, but probably built similarly, but those things always make me feel like i look preg.... but it IS super cute!

DrJen - I love her hair cut! it is rocking

BBM - stink on skunk I am going to have to plagiarize that from you!!

Megs - yay for a good nite!

bec - did you do the track run yet? you are a brave woman! i would have canned the whole thing and done it on another day, i can barely do a mile on the track

natasha- don't think just run!!

I liked the article kerc posted, but since i am newish- is that poppy??? If so - wow you are famous!!

cherylann - so cool how you are motivating and working out w/ your new runner friend!

plady - how are you feeling??

patti - what are birthing beads?

okay, dh here for lunch, so hugs and peace to everyone I missed!

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#138 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 04:08 PM

I'd love to send a bead, also.

Wow, Poppy! What a great article. I love the sentence where "Restless Jennifer" conquered her husband.

All of your sleep vibes worked last night! Jojo slept most of the night, only waking twice to nurse then back to sleep. Keep sending those vibes!

Bec-how was the run?

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#139 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
LOL B cups when ENTIRELY full and nursing a newborn. : I was thinking I need to modify the pattern to account for my small breasts.
OK, I take it back! In one very important way, we are not built the same a'tall. I've got 32Fs right now w/ nursing -- and probably a 32D or DD the rest of the time. And that's why God invented the Nordstrom lingerie department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy View Post

All of your sleep vibes worked last night! Jojo slept most of the night, only waking twice to nurse then back to sleep. Keep sending those vibes!
Woot, woot!

RR: I did a short brick workout just to stretch out my legs a bit. I biked about 35 or 40 min, then ran 10. The run was just long enough to get past the "Bwaaahhhh! What is wrong with my leggggggs?" stage.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#140 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 04:20 PM

I have spent the last 45 minutes looking through blogs for new knitting ideas. This. stuff. is. addictive. I am loving it Although-the searching is taking away from my knitting time But I love to see what other people are making-and thinking maybe I could do that someday

No running for me today-had an abbreviated yoga practice -only 30 min- this morning since K woke up early. We had a great morning at the pool, where I finally chatted with a mom that I run into all the time at the various pools around here. She actually stopped me going into a friend's house the other morning from her car-saying-hey-you are the one that goes to the pool as much as we do She is super nice and it turns out her daughter is just a few days younger than K. Found out about a great co-op preschool that I will add to my list of ones to investigate for next (next 08) year.

grnmtnmama- sorry about your friend struggles.

kerc-I think the top would look great! I think there are quite a few of us smallbreasted Dingos

megs-woohoo for sleep and energy!
#141 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 04:26 PM

Poppy -- dude, you rule. What a fascinating woman and career.

I'm full of Dingo love right now! Squeeeeeee....

#142 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 04:27 PM

callie-it is just a regular bead from a bead store. I will send her string and a closure like Kerc did for me. Each person will send her a bead and she will string them all together to make a necklace. She can wear the necklace as she labors and gives birth to her new little girl. An amazing source of strength. A way to show our dingo love for her, her new baby girl, and for Wendy. Some of the beads I got were from rocks of strength, some were picked because of the color. That part is up to you.

Patti
#143 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I would love to send a bead too!

I love those baby doll tops - but with a 5'3" frame and a 30F bust - it just isn't going to happen. Bummer.
#144 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
"Would Katherine Hepburn have worn this?"
just a pet peeve, but it's kathArine hepburn. i'm named after her (well not really - my parents liked the name, but liked HER spelling), and NO ONE ever spells it correctly.

awesome news on the sleep front!

patti - your sil holds the course record for the lehigh valley/runners world half, also. she does rock!
#145 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate~mom View Post
just a pet peeve, but it's kathArine hepburn. i'm named after her (well not really - my parents liked the name, but liked HER spelling), and NO ONE ever spells it correctly.
Oh my! Thanks for letting me know. How one spells one's name is quite important ("Anne... with an E"), so I will never use Katharine Hepburn's name in vain again.

How one PRONOUNCES one's name is important, too... I spent the first several months (maybe a year) at my first squadron repeatedly correcting two of the engineers I worked with: "Dave/Ron, it's 'MAY-gen,' not 'MEE-gen'" Finally, one of them said in this exasperated voice, "Gosh! Why does it matter??!" "Ummmm... because it's my NAME, mofo."

Well, Nevie's teacher hasn't called yet to have me pick her up. I didn't expect her to nap well for them today after such a lazy morning in bed. Sleep begets sleep, eh, eh?

#146 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
"Ummmm... because it's my NAME, mofo."
#147 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
callie-it is just a regular bead from a bead store. I will send her string and a closure like Kerc did for me. Each person will send her a bead and she will string them all together to make a necklace. She can wear the necklace as she labors and gives birth to her new little girl. An amazing source of strength. A way to show our dingo love for her, her new baby girl, and for Wendy. Some of the beads I got were from rocks of strength, some were picked because of the color. That part is up to you.
Thank you for explaining!!
that is such a great idea, I definitely want to contribute as well!

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#148 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 06:01 PM
bec

Patti Ann - Count me in on the bead thing too! Can I get an addy to send it to? :

The long run is tomorrow. And, all my positive affirmations must be having an effect, because DH is on his way home now! I won't have to do it at the track, or with any kids! Yay, me!!! I'm just amazed that I am going to get through this week without breaking my running stride. I'm up to date on mileage! Woot!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#149 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post
The long run is tomorrow. And, all my positive affirmations must be having an effect, because DH is on his way home now! I won't have to do it at the track, or with any kids! Yay, me!!! I'm just amazed that I am going to get through this week without breaking my running stride. I'm up to date on mileage! Woot!
Yay Bec!!! Your LR will be extra wonderful without having to worry about the kids, or the track!

Quote:
"Ummmm... because it's my NAME, mofo."
I'm always telling people my name is "Kristina... with a K"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantimama View Post
I love those baby doll tops - but with a 5'3" frame and a 30F bust - it just isn't going to happen. Bummer.
Okay, now I'm wondering exactly WHO those tops actually work on??? Short and flat (me) is a no, short and buxom a no, tall and not well-endowed doesn't work, and tall and busty doesn't work! Who the heck looks good in a babydoll top anyway?????

Oh, and count me in on the bead as well. What a wonderful idea .

I've had a really difficult day . It started out okay, with a nice 1700m swim at the Y, but then DD2 dropped her blanket (most loved and adored posession, without which she is totally bereft) and I had to backtrack to the Y to find it. She fell asleep in the car once it was recovered, and woke up when I tried to transfer her into bed at home. DD1 and DS fought ALL afternoon. I tried again around 2:00 to get DD2 back to sleep as she was miserable. Just as she was nodding off, DS comes into my room shouting, "Mama! There's someone at the door!" Babe is awake and there's some $#%&$# college guy trying to sell me magazines. I was so irritated, and I must admit, not very kind to him. Then, DD1 threw the beloved blanket into the backyard wading pool, which made a nap for DD2 a moot point. Everyone was fussy, and tired, and angry and I ate my weight in junkfood just trying to make the day go away. Ugh. Can I just go to bed now...

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#150 of 1355 Old 08-03-2007, 08:04 PM

Please to add me to the bead list! I know just where I will go to look for one.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page