Dingos falling into autumn! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, wise Dingoes, I need help. Jojo's lack of sleep, both day and night has gotten to a particularly bad spot. Her sleep is effecting my relationship with my husband and my other children. She takes ALL of my time and energy and I'm snappy and irritable with the others (and her sometimes too ). I feel like the crappiest mom. She will only sleep in contact with me. She can be in the deadest sleep and will awake if I carry her anywhere near her crib. It's taking 2-3 hours to get her down at night, for her "long" stretch of about 3 hours. If John tries to help out at night by patting, holding, walking, rocking, cuddling, she SCREAMS. There is no whimper, fuss or cry stage-just a straight on scream. She also does that with me if I attempt to comfort her in any way but lying down to nurse.
I read the Pantley book this week and her methods aren't working b/c putting her down even the slightest bit awake causes the instant screaming. I was so desperate I even tried CIO one night. : I am so ashamed of myself and feel so guilty. But something has GOT to change. I cry several times a day trying to get her to sleep, I'm yelling at everyone (VERY unlike me) and I'm completely and utterly exhaused. I need help and I don't know where to find it besides you wise ladies.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 12:55 PM

kate~mom, I'd love to see the pictures!!

kerc, go Erin!!!

Monica, I hope you are starting to feel better!!

RM, what a nice dad. Sounds like you have a great relationship. That was a lot of blood they took for tests! Wowsa! A blood-letting!

Poppy, I'm up for the Griffin 5k on the 24th. That's a monday.

I've been wondering about aguacates, too.

More packing today. We just got permission for early occupancy for the garage only. This is fantastic!! Sometime today we'll be able to start moving all the boxes and extraneous stuff to our new garage.
#63 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy View Post
OK, wise Dingoes, I need help. Jojo's lack of sleep, both day and night has gotten to a particularly bad spot. Her sleep is effecting my relationship with my husband and my other children. She takes ALL of my time and energy and I'm snappy and irritable with the others (and her sometimes too ). I feel like the crappiest mom. She will only sleep in contact with me. She can be in the deadest sleep and will awake if I carry her anywhere near her crib. It's taking 2-3 hours to get her down at night, for her "long" stretch of about 3 hours. If John tries to help out at night by patting, holding, walking, rocking, cuddling, she SCREAMS. There is no whimper, fuss or cry stage-just a straight on scream. She also does that with me if I attempt to comfort her in any way but lying down to nurse.
I read the Pantley book this week and her methods aren't working b/c putting her down even the slightest bit awake causes the instant screaming. I was so desperate I even tried CIO one night. : I am so ashamed of myself and feel so guilty. But something has GOT to change. I cry several times a day trying to get her to sleep, I'm yelling at everyone (VERY unlike me) and I'm completely and utterly exhaused. I need help and I don't know where to find it besides you wise ladies.
Oh, HBM you sound so much like I remember feeling when Naomi was a baby. But, I didn't have two other kids at that time. Naomi never slept. She'd take a couple cat naps during the day, but NEVER in a bed. She had to be touching us. I have one rare photo of her as an 18 mo, asleep sitting up on the couch. I had to record the moment. She was awake every 20 minute during the night. At that time I had no idea how important sleep was in the equation that also involved depression. I was totally at the end of my rope when she was nearly a year old and it wasn't getting any better. Our care provider put her on melatonin, a hormone that is produced in the brain when it gets dark outside, that makes you feel sleepy. It was a really low dosage. She tapered onto it and then tapered off over a period of 4 weeks. In that time she reduced her waking from 3 times an hour to only 4-5 times a night. It was like a miracle. I know there is controversy surrounding this supplement. Books have been written about it. Some people are just wired to need less sleep.

Another thing that comes to mind comes from The Landmark Forum, a 3-day seminar I took in June. One of the distinctions they make is that of "choosing". We try to "decide" what we are going to do when really we don't have any choices. Hmmm. This isn't really going to make sense, but I'll try, anyway. A lot of times, things just "are". They are what they are. We try to make them otherwise, fighting what "is". That fighting makes us totally miserable! What we need to do is choose the circumstances that we are in because in the choosing, we find acceptance, and in acceptance we find peace. At the seminar, I chose, "my chaotic life, filled with constant interruptions." In moments of upset and frustration with the constant interruptions, I stop for a second and say, "I choose this." Really, you have no choice. You can fight the misery, or you can choose the misery. In that moment of misery, there are no other options. If you choose the misery it really becomes easier to bear. I don't have any good suggestions for how to help baby Jojo to sleep better. Nothing worked with my rough sleeper but melatonin. But, I wish I'd understood about "choosing" back then. It's like the concept of being "in the moment" but adds layers that create acceptance.
#64 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you everyone for the congrats, I really appreciate it! I'm still on race high and am SO excited to do more. I totally beat myself up during this race... I'm extremely sore and in places that I didn't know could be sore!

I hope everyone is doing well, I would like to be able to post personals, but I just do not have the time Hopefully once I get into the groove of this semester I'll have a little more time.

Off to do homework... YUCK!

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
#65 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 01:17 PM

HBM - I dont' have any real advice but I wanted to send you a big that sounds so rough!

any other factors- ear infection, teething, etc? what about trying some Calm Forte or Rescue Remedy for her?

take care of yourself, mama, your health and happiness is important to the whole family... anyway to let your DH take her out (nap in the car? backpack?) for you to get some rest.

Bec - what about going out 2x to do the run - like go out in the AM and do the shorter trail, and then go out in the evening and do it again? DH did this a lot when he was marathon training. miles are miles however you can come by them....

ETA: CherylAnn, thank you for sharing that about "choosing," that is a really neat concept, and I'm sure I'm going to be thinking about that more. That is like one of the seven habits of highly successful people concepts that my academic advisor is always going on about - how the only thing that we can control in a situation is how we respond to it.....

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#66 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 02:21 PM

mamabeth - I don't have a hip pack, which reminds one of the things I meant to post yesterday was to ask you about yours. It looked pretty ergonomical and convenient when you had it on the camping trip. I've relied on the jogger to carry my stuff for the last 4 years but I'm going to have to come up with a new system since dd is getting so big and not wanting to do every single run with me anymore.
#67 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
: Hi mamas! :

I realized when I saw dh's brief post that we had a serious problem! I never imagined spelling her name with two Ls! Happily I don't think dh is too committed to the spelling he chose and no paperwork has been filed so,
Alison Grace it will be! Am I insane for being so picky? No, we had this discussion right? "Anne with an E".
NO WAY! THIS IS TOO WEIRD!! I actually went back and had to change the spelling of Alison Grace before I posted it to add 2 Ls. So weird. And it felt funny to me, too. Then, when I typed a letter to the midwife, Alison, I went back and changed her name to add 2 Ls, too.

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#68 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Oh, mannn... I could have written your post several times. Actually, I think I *did* write your post a few months back! The Pantley book didn't do a whole lot for us, except at least be a resource and a voice that wasn't my mother's. I confess we have tested the CIO waters, too. To no success, obviously. Let go of the guilt on that one -- JoJo will be just fine! A few tries on the CIO front can be chalked up, I think, to at least seeing if you have one of those "leave me alone" kind of kids. And... you don't, so there you go.

I feel your pain. I have no sage words of advice. We just keep plugging along, taking the bad nights and celebrating the good ones (like last night) and trying to keep the "this won't last forever" perspective. Especially now that molars are at play.

I honestly think that the Jay Gordon article was a much more clear-cut (and concise! And free!) resource than NCSS.

Also, the best way for us to be assured that Nevie will go down at night is for me to stay OUT of the routine once bathtime starts.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#69 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh. I can so feel your pain. Literally. Dh and I have tag team slept today to try and recover from our "vacation." I slept in, had my run, then he napped, then I went back to sleep for a couple of hours. While the pantley book was well intentioned...it did us absolutely no good either. Megan can you link the gordon article? And HBM...we tried the CIO too : And I told myself I would never ever ever do that. But I was desperate one night. It didn't work either, fwiw. I just keep telling myself he will not be 14 and waking me up every two hours or deciding to be up for 3 hours in the middle of the night and that *I* MUST hold him.
#70 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Eksmom - I have this pretty long sleeve red turtle neck maternity sweater (old navy), size medium....would you like it? Or any one else for that matter? And a yellow short sleeve knit maternity shirt as well...
#71 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 04:28 PM

Hi mamas! I still have catching up to do and haven't written a birth story yet bubt there are now a couple pix on the blog!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#72 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:

My dd was totally like that. I have no words of wisdom, other than it will end. I also totally gave into her need to be velcro'd to me at all times and slept with her - not so much out of any AP philosophy, but purely a survival mechanism. Only way I would have gotten any sleep at all. Luckily I only had 1 other child, and dh took on night-parenting of ds, also never a really great sleeper. Have you tried chamomile tea, a few tbsp? Didn't particularly help dd, but it's helped other babies I know of, and is a common folk remedy in NM.

Monikita, would you please post your mole recipe on the dingo blog? : Both dh and I love mole - I confess, I've bought the concentrated jarred stuff from Mexico - not too bad, but nothing like homemade!

Speaking of Mexican food, I've been nagging dh to get out and roast our green chiles today. Mmmmmm....... fresh roasted chile.... a fall New Mexican tradition!
#73 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 04:37 PM

Plady - Alison Grace is beautiful! Congrats again. And Chiara looks like such a proud big sis!
#74 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

I saw your new pics earlier on your blog and your necklace is so neat. It's so different and funky and it took me by surprise to see my little fish bead. Why, I don't know...I mean I sent it and all...but just somehow it really linked us all. I would love to know who sent which bead and why... I chose the one I did mostly because of draw. I guess what I mean is that I just kept coming back to it and thinking fertility and life and birth...so that's why I got it. And Alison is gorgeous, sweet and lovely!

Okay I just found another sweater I will lovingly send someone if they want. It's a pretty red sweater with a wide neck that's kinda like a turtleneck (but wide KWIM?), three quarter sleeve. It's pretty just not my style. It actually made me think of Monikita for some reason. It's a medium petite.
#75 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 04:52 PM

just got back at a computer. haven't really caught up, but I seem to have found the most important news:

Congrats Plady! and welcome Alison, I'm so happy you arrived safely!

one 2.5 mile run (on the road), one two hour wonderful mtn bike ride, and loads of sea breezes and some ocean water and i'm very relaxed. now just trying to get our lives back in order for life after vacation
#76 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Two thoughts: (1) Where are Jojo's 1st year molars? (2) The Pantley book is a series of suggestions. Setting Jojo down awake isn't working for you, so move to the next one. Setting Karen down awake was also a bust. What worked for us was to work on extending the amount of time separated in bed. She was on a queen mattress on the floor in her room. I'd nurse her to sleep there, then go to bed in my bed. I'd rejoin her shortly thereafter for the rest of the night once she work up. Then I slowly started to try and shorten the length of all the night nursing sessions. For getting her to sleep, I also started trying to shorten that (first, getting unlatched before she was snoring, then getting her unlatched while she was not in a super-deep sleep, etc). When I got to the point where she was protesting as I unlatched her *almost* asleep, I'd let her latch back on for the count of 60 (6 5 second kegels with 5 sec breaks...), and try again.

Finally I started being able to unlatch her when drowsy, and hold her until she fell asleep. After that, I started moving further and further away from her as she fell asleep. It took maybe 2 months (and 4 molars) to get to unlatching her while awake, and another 2 months to move across the room.
#77 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 07:46 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicocj View Post
Bec - what about going out 2x to do the run - like go out in the AM and do the shorter trail, and then go out in the evening and do it again? DH did this a lot when he was marathon training. miles are miles however you can come by them....
That's a good idea. I'll have to think about that. I'm hoping to get some good running in next week.

On sleeping - : to everyone having sleep problems. I don't know if this helps, but I do know that it is time limited. Katie was like that as a baby (nursing every 30-45 minutes for the first 6 months, then spacing out to nursing every hour for the next 6 months, never being able to be put down, waking at the drop of a hat, etc.), and I thought I would die. I don't know exactly when it happened, but when she was around 4, she started sleeping in her own bed, being able to go to sleep by herself and sleeping all night long. It was heaven. Emily followed at around 2.5. Abby needs to be held for most of her sleep as well, although she does sleep longer, and isn't nearly so needy most days. It doesn't bother me so much these days. I guess she is so much better than Katie that I can deal with these quirks. Anyway, let go of the guilt. And know tht this too shall pass.

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#78 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 09:31 PM

Plady - OHHHHH! She is gorgeous! And the dingo rosary is soo awesome. That is something to totally treasure and pass down to Bunny some day, don't you think?

HBM: Been there.. I really agree with everything Geo said. My DD is a lot like her Karen. A lot. And I did a similar routine with DD to eventually get her to sleep on her own, and then at 17 months to night wean her. It worked, without crying. Slow and gradual change.

Taos - Sure! I'll post the mole on the blog tonight.

BBM - I would love to give the sweater a try. : I'm either a small or a medium, depending on the top. If it doesn't fit me, I can pass it on to someone else. Let me know and I'll send you some money for shipping.

KR: My finished tank is on the knit blog. Woot! I love the feeling of accomplishment that goes along with a FO.

RR: Not ready to run yet, hopefully tomorrow, but I am going to walk Gigantic tonight. At least it is something.

I'll end with saying that I really love you guys. I know I wax mushy and say it a lot, but I do. You all mean so much to me. It gives me such a sense of strength to call you my sistas.

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#79 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 09:44 PM

I have been gone for the weekend, and came straight to the computer as soon as we got home to check-in...

Welcome Alison Grace

Plady ~ the pics on your blog are gorgeous. The necklace is beautiful ~ I love the different personalities/shapes/colors of the beads.

RR ~ I ran a slooow 4.5 miles this weekend at the beach. I *truly* am a horrible pacer ~ my times from one mile to the next are so erratic. Maybe I just need to run without the Garmin so I'm not obsessing over pace. Just kind of go with it rather than obsessing over pace and looking at that screen 5 times a minute!
#80 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 09:51 PM

OK, just a quick vent: To my mother, with respect: ARRRRRRGHGGHGHGHGHGHGHGH!!!!

We are up at my 'rents for a BBQ. Before my cousin L got here, we were kind of talking about her -- she has triplets and still sleeps with them every night (they start kindergarten tomorrow) just so any of them can have some sleep. It sucks, but it's their system, so there you go. I was holding Nevie and said, "While I hope I will be crunchy enough to continue respecting Nevie's cues and needs, I *do* hope she will be in her own bed by kindergarten." My mother gets this snarky, coy, evil look on her face and says, "Well. *I* I will keep *my* mouth shut." I just snapped over and said, "That's probably a good idea. 'Cause what we have going right now is working pretty well."

And I do believe that. This morning was the most amazing cosleeping morning. We all woke up rested. Nevie woke up hugging and kissing us. It was wonderful. I felt so blessed. And then my Mom sh!ts all over it.

Screw her! I know they sleep-trained us, and I know for most purposes we "turned out fine," but you know? Maybe we could all be closer. Maybe that bond could be better. And I hope to have that with Geneva. I hope to GOD to have that with Geneva. Maybe it's not about Geneva turning out OK as a person... maybe it's about ME turning out OK as a Mom? Understanding the compromise, the give-and-take, yada yada (out of words, incohorent thoughts not translating to the written word right now).

So. There. Seems appropriate, given the sleep theme in our thread right now. Baaahhhhh. It's my little family, and we are raising a great little kid. So. Bahhahahahahahhhhhh.

-- that is all --

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#81 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 10:01 PM

HBM, have you noticed all the "sleep aids" on the google ads? they're probably a little stronger than melatonin....or pina coladas.... kidding, sort of!

I am hanging out, waiting for my BIG girl to go to sleep! she has her first day of all-day school tomorrow and I think it's too much excitement for her, plus bike riding with HBM's girlies tonight. whew.

eksmom, keep meaning to tell you, I ate the WORST food pg with J in the beginning. I couldn't even force myself to drink water, and I made dh open the fridge. I ate : chicken fingers from fast food restaurants, chips and dip, and I sipped on Coke a lot. nice, huh? I swore that as soon as I could stomach a vegetable I would eat one, and it happened about 14 weeks, right on schedule. something I did do was eat whole grain bagels...for some reason the bagels were okay and they have a surprising amount of protein. hang in there. just like sleep, this too shall pass!

drjen, how did you carry all that stuff? tool belt? My pack is at REI online, and I have to say I really love it. It's a women's pack and made to fit on your hip, either one. and you can stuff a lot in the pack.

I think she's finally asleep.....whew! take care mamas!
#82 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 10:06 PM

HBM: Geo and Monikita are wise women when it comes to this kind of thing. Both of their girls are sleeping more or less no. It is soooo hard when you have other responsibilities (dh, kids, work, whatever) to juggle the needs of one kid with other needs. And no matter what you do with your kidlet, number two might be totally different. Number 1 in my family was totally like that. Number 2: same family, same routine, different kid. She asks to sleep in her crib. I miss her sometimes. Not so much at 5 am, but you know....

On the CIO front: I will pipe in to say that it turns out Erin needed to cry everynight for less than 30 seconds to release the tension of the day. She will occasionally still do this. So I spent the first 11 months of her life not letting her cry and she never figured out how to relax without the tears.

No running related news to report.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#83 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

I only have a moment - but monikita send me your addy (I know I had it at one point, but...)

I tried the strategy that Geo suggested and it just didn't work for us...I may try again when ds is a little older, but for now I like the idea of choices and accepting this is where he is at right now.

Dd's first day of school is tomorrow too and we could really tell here tonight. Sweet girl. I feel so mixed.
#84 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Oh, I forgot to report: I gave the sheets two days in the sun. We re-wet the sheets anytime they were dry. My clean, stain-free sheets are now in the dryer. Elliot's clothes and my tan shorts are currently soaking after his lastest gusher. I expect they'll be in the sun tomorrow.
#85 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 11:10 PM

Geo - I forgot to tell you, hydrogen peroxide works wonders for blood. Unfortunately, I've had to use it a bit due to not changing into scrubs for births all the time. Usually, nothing happens, but for some reason whenever I choose to stay in street clothes a random drop of blood or two flies from somewhere to me.

HBM - my only thought would be to give having dh put her down a few nights a good college try. I believe crying in arms is not the same as CIO, so even if some crying ensued, at least she'd be with her daddy. She might be able to form a new pattern of going to sleep. My littlest dd didn't sleep through until 34 months, and at J.'s age she was getting up a ton - usually she'd give me 2-3 hours, then up every hour. I occasionally have to be gone at night for births, though, and she quickly learned a new pattern with dh. She went to sleep with him walking her after a bottle of ebm when I wasn't home, and woke at night only when she was hungry, but not that every hour for a comfort nurse she did with me. I made no attempt to use the alternate plan on nights I was home, since I'm a deep sleeper, was gone from her all day and missed the closeness, and her waking so much was not really a problem for me, but I bet if I'd needed her to sleep more we could have worked something with dh taking charge. Even though she woke so much, she would stay reasonably quiet as long as she was latched on, and I'm one of those people who can sleep with a baby latched all night, waking just to flip sides every so often. Still, it was a relief to finally get some sleep - but so amazing to me that she went from nursing most of the night, to just a couple times, to sleeping through in a matter of weeks, then asked to move into her brother's room, and then weaned all in a matter of 4 mos. I figured she really would night nurse until high school based on how intense she was about it!

Megs - I don't have any great mom advice, just commiseration. My mom seems to always assume that the way we do things is accidental, not well thought out and well considered to be the best we can do for our children. It irks me no end that she feels the need to point out how we could do it better all the time. Particularly since I think she was a fairly indifferent parent to begin with (not indifferent to me, I mean, just didn't really do any thoughtful consideration of her own parenting techniques.

So, if any of you hear me talking about a long run, remind me to use my Body Glide!! I forgot it on the 8 miler last night and my inner thighs are pretty unhappy today. I put some Baby Bees diaper cream I had left over on it and that has helped a bunch, but yeeouch!
#86 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 11:20 PM

trying to join in again as a lowly beginner......I'm Heather, SAHM to 3 We live in Columbus Ohio. Anywho I started running about a month ago. About a week into it i got some strange virus thing that eventually went into a lymph node in my neck and swelled and hurt. Then last Thursday I had my thyroid removed: : . So I'm going to talk to the doc on Wednesday about when I can slowly start back up
#87 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 11:40 PM

Congratultions to Plady and baby Allison!!!! I'm so glad for y'all!!!

My dh always takes his laptop to the beach, but he didn't this time. There I was moping around on Friday because I couldn't check in and see what happened!

Will catch up here in the next day or two. I have renewed energy now. I'm starting to feel strong again!
#88 of 1077 Old 09-03-2007, 11:50 PM

Oh, mamabeth, I forgot to reply. I carry my pager and cell phone in my shorts back pockets (I wrap my cell in a napkin and put it is a plastic baggy because I sweat so much, and clip my pager to the outside so it doesn't get as damp, plus it has a plastic cover thingy) I tuck my key in the front key pocket. I wear my mp3 on an armband high on my arm, and put one ear bud in and hook one to my shirt, running the wire under my shirt. I wear my garmin on my wrist. I tuck the clif shot blocks in the same pocket with the pager clipped to the outside. I carried my water bottle in my hand. So, I really need a better system!! I have to look at that REI one, it looked so comfortable on you.

Welcome hvl25! Jump right in here - we move fast, but love to talk running! Hopefully you'll be back to running soon.
#89 of 1077 Old 09-04-2007, 09:02 AM

a small ab workout is done. after a week off, it was good to get started in the routine again.

not sure if anyone is a baseball fan here, but i was lucky enough to be at the Red Sox game for the no hitter on Saturday. Pics of that and of recent mountain biking can be found at dh's blog.

riding bikes tonight, this will be my final women's night ride for the season. light is getting scarce and i don't envision this crowd going out to buy night light systems.

i feel for those of you with sleep issues. ds transitioned fairly painlessly, but there was crying involved. i didn't want to let him CIO, but was willing to handle some crying so i made my own system.
#90 of 1077 Old 09-04-2007, 09:19 AM

I got in some good runs this weekend. Dh and I decided we may need to take turns over the weekend for some long run action if we decide not to trek down to one of the parents to do it. K's max is about 6 miles-we really need to get probably a 9 in this wknd if we will survive the 10 miler at the beginning of October. I know I can easily do it-I just really want to break my PR But sure haven't been training to break it-oh well!

DD is driving me absolutely bonkers on the sleep front. For quite a while now-we have been able to do a bed time routine and put her down awake and just walk out the door after the routine (HBM-I did a very similar thing to Geo slowly going out the door and then down the hallway... over a few months last summer)anyway now she is hitting me, pinching me, whatever once we get settled in the rocking chair-and once she goes in the bed and we go through that routine-she yells at me not to leave. : She does NOT do this for Dh if he puts her down??? And it has been since we spent a night away a few weeks ago. Yes- I get the connection-why just me though? And how to fix it. We have spent the night away two other times-once when she was 20 mo. and another when she was 2.5 and she was fine. I don't understand -and don't understand how to fix it. I have tried role playing with her dolls, just talking, etc...must stop-because its driving me nuts. Especially the hitting-the hitting has got to stop-its out of control-but again-its only to me. I want to help her-I just can't seem to figure out how:

Monikita-K is also a super slow and late teether. She still has her 2 upper 2yr molars to go-I should actually check in there and see if there is any action on that front.

Megs-sorry about your mom-my MIL tends to say crap like that. I tend to just politely (or not so much ) put her in her place. Nevie is blessed to have you and Dan

Welcome Heather!

Good luck to all of the kiddos going (back) to school today-our school system starts today as well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page