Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sweater vest on a dirty, tired boy pictures on the knit blog
#122 of 1077 Old 09-04-2007, 10:08 PM

thinking of plady and pbaby and hoping they've turned the corner.

just back from my mountain bike ride. perfect temperature and dry conditions made for a fun, fast ride. A few new women showed up, so that was great. wish i was better at making friends.

so dh has new hours at the store which involve being closed for a couple hours in the middle of the day when no one comes in. so in my mind he should now be in charge of a higher percentage of the household duties and we talked about it. i mean, why should i spend a couple hours on my Saturday dusting and mopping and catching up on laundry when he's only putting in 6 hour work days? we'll see how it goes.

have a FO for the blog, just need a moment to take some photos and post...
#123 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 01:08 AM

i have diarrhea of the keyboard tonight, eh? anyway, i came across this awesome shirt today, and thought some of you might also be in the mood for some retail therapy.
#124 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 01:47 AM

Kate, that is a neat shirt. My clothes budget is pretty much nil for the next few years. But I feel so OK about that, really. I have lots of cute, good stuff from when I was makin' dough. And it's all perfect for PT school. So. I'll keep an eye and see if that makes the sale page anytime... it is very cute.

Anyway, I had just logged on to check and see if there were any Alison updates. My mind is so on her right now.

My DH is sad tonight. There was an engineer with the city -- he'd never met her, but the rest of his office dealt with her frequently -- who was recently killed by a falling tree while riding her motorcycle. She left behind a child about Nevie's age. So I think his heart is just hurting for her and, as we all do, for the thoughts of "what if that had been [insert your loved one here]?"

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#125 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 03:10 AM

Plady, Holding you all in my heart.
#126 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicocj View Post
how the only thing that we can control in a situation is how we respond to it.....
I like this and it is so true. I will have to try to remember it when things seem so out of control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl25 View Post
trying to join in again as a lowly beginner......
Welcome!

HBM- I'm so sorry to hear of the sleep issues you are having. I really don't have any advice unfortunately. My DD was horrible with sleep, did a lot of the same things as your little one. I had to try to give into it and just let it be what it was. I hate to say it, but... they grow out of it. It doesn't help with the present though

So I got pissed at my co-worker yesterday. I was telling him about my race this weekend and how I came in only 9 seconds after my GF. He said that he didn't believe that and she must have been "shuffling her feet" just to make me feel better. He also said that she must have been doing that because she has been running for years and I've only been running a month. I was so angry. I told him that first of all, my GF would never just let someone win or anything like that just so they feel good about themselves. Secondly, I have been INTENSELY training for MONTHS and have improved by leaps and bounds. And thirdly, I'd like to see him get out there and compete in a 2 hour event. I was so completely offended by his comments.

Training related (TR): Yesterday I did some speedwork on my bike and will be doing so again today. I WILL be faster on my bike this next race! I also will be doing a short fast run during my HP class today which will be nice. I was running so slow after my race, my legs felt like a ton of bricks!

I have to bring my laptop into the shop today. It is all messed up. Programs won't load or shut down correctly. Computer is running slow. I don't have it under any warranty any longer, which sucks, but oh well. They say they are usually done with a computer within 36 hours and I have a $5 off coupon, so hopefully it won't take long or too much money.

Off to start my day! Have a great one everyone!

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
#127 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 09:33 AM
bec

Ok, here it is Wednesday, and I haven't run since that stupid, measley 2.4 miles on Sunday!:

Abby had a fever yesterday. Boy, is it not fun to have a toddler with a fever, and a infant that wants to be held by herself all the time!: Thankfully, it is mostly gone today. I'm chalking it up to fantom 2 year molar teething.

I leave for my NYC trip tomorrow evening. All the social and familial political tension seems to have evaporated, and I'm really looking forward to the weekend! The big girls are psyching themselves up to have a great Daddy-weekend, even though they've been confiding in me that they are going to "miss me". It's going to be good for them to be able to do just big girl things and to have just daddy time. I'm excited for Emily because she is going to get an entire day on Friday with just daddy while Katie is at school (a rarity for my poor middle girl). I'm sure they are going to spend the weekend playing video games and eating pizza and fast food, but they'll have a great time. We'll have a lot of veggies next week.

I have a few runs planned for the weekend, though. DH is travelling a few days next week (taking another pass at the CCIE lab exam), and I have my 10k the following Sunday. So, I'm sort of at loose ends anyway as far as training. I'll try to come up with some sort of regular schedule after the race. I am going to have to resign myself to more treadmill time, I guess.

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#128 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 10:24 AM

Abs done for the day. not a great workout, but at least 90 bicycles and 20 pushups and various others plus 30 seconds of planking (somedays i just get bored with the plank).

Bec - hope you have fun on your trip!

knitting dingos - if anyone is interested in a malabrigo yarn co-op, let me know and i can share some info about it.

should have my FO on the knit blog by this afternoon. BTW Monica - that tank is gorgeous, love your mods and i think they really improved the pattern.
#129 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 10:35 AM

grnmtn: can you post to the dingo knitting blog (or yahoogroup) re: coop? (Or just email me the info).

it's wednesday. that means I need to pull an all nighter (i.e. work until 11 pm) for a few nights to hit my research goals. ick. But with all the success around these parts in the dissertation mode, I should probably share in the work load too.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#130 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 10:37 AM

I did run last night! It has been way too long. I went 1 1/2 with DH on rollerblades. It was funny because he'd grab my shirt and make me pull him just to goof around, but once we got about 5 blocks from home I wasn't having that anymore.

Fox Cities Marathon Runners ~ Do you know anything about the 5k that weekend? Is it the same day as the marathon? Are the hotels in the area completely booked up?

Alison and Pfamily ~ Still sending you my prayers.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#131 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 10:54 AM

Mandy, I might be interested, depending on prices. It's pretty.
#132 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 11:23 AM

i posted info about the yarn on the yahoo group for those that are interested. much more efficient, but still keeps it private
#133 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 11:34 AM

: I had a crappy run this morning. The road I run on is a little 2 lane country road with no shoulder. I always make the kids pull off to the side and stop so that no one gets confused and gets run over. Well, it seems that EVERYONE in our neighbrhood must leave at 8am. We must have pulled off the road 20 times. It turned our short run into a 1/2 hour nightmare.

On the bright side a neighbor I have never met pulled over to chat with me and asked if we hsed....it was obvious since it was after 8 and several of the kids are older. She gave me some nice compliments on how well behaved and organized they were.....an of course a big pat on the back for getting out to run with so many kids.

So I guess it was one of the best and worst runs so far.

Tomorrow we are loading up the bikes and driving over to an ajacent neighborhood that has some beautiful greenbelt and paved trails to run......no more cars!! :
#134 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post
i posted info about the yarn on the yahoo group for those that are interested. much more efficient, but still keeps it private

and user agreement at mdc doesn't allow coops unless you follow the coop rules (which are pretty extensive).

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#135 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 11:50 AM

kerc - writing vibes to you

wemoon - UGH! that coworker's comments would have really burned by butt too! You did an awesome job, and just from your posts here about your GF's competitive nature, even I am certain she would have never done that!!

Bec - have a great trip! sound so fun for you and for your girls to have dad time!

HBM - how are you and Jojo doing?

Kristine - I loved all your personals yesterday!

RM - WOW! you ran down the TM!

RR: planning maybe 3ish on the TM at school today, it is almost getting cool enough (i.e., going below 100 by 7 PM ) that I can start running outside soon, and I cannot wait

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#136 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 12:52 PM

Plady and Alison- You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bec-have a great trip!

wemoon-

party of 7- I am looking forward to the cooler weather so I can take my little brood out running with me too.

Mandy- I might be interested. I am a sucker for yarn and books.

Monica- How did today go?

RR: Not much running going on here. We all have colds and I have a plugged duct again. I just got over mastitis. : I think this is my body's way of telling me to take better care of myself. :

KR: I finally have a FO to share. Two actually. They are on the Dingo Knits blog.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#137 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy View Post
RM-How are you doing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz View Post
:

How are you doing Lisa?

Congrats to you, too, Kate! Fascinating.
Oh goodness, I shouldnt' have looked at that yarn!! How beautiful! What are you all thinking of making out of worseted weight? I've been on sock yarn so darn long. I'd love a sweater or shawl for me, but don't want it too heavy or bulky. Love to hear your ideas (so I can buy some... ).

Thanks for asking how I'm doing, I'm hanging in there. I'm waiting for test results to see some info on the bloodwork. I'm starting to build my mileage back up. The darn psychologist never called back so I need to try calling again. We've been insainly busy here, and I'm trying to find a schedule that gets everything done and meets everyone's needs. I was super excited yesterday to find out that the Chicago Marathon moved me up from the "Open Corral" to the "Corral C". Even if my training isn't there right now, it sure feels good anyway.

Must get some phone calls done and some laundry, and kids are waiting for Mommy to play.

Love seeing the school kids, makes me tear up, and hearing all about the new adventures! Monikita, hope you and your daughter are adjusting to the change!

Lisa
#138 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 03:19 PM

HBM~hope the sleep thing turns a corner. Our first year with C was really difficult and I remember it like it was yesterday. How's your GM that fell?
#139 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 03:32 PM

Hey dingos, I've been reading along but just haven't had a whole lot to say. I think feeling nauseous is cutting into my free time.

Plady, thinking so much of you and little Alison. I hope things are much improved.

HBM, on the sleep thing with J. I wish I had good advice but EK is almost 4 and still wakes up once or twice in the night and does not put herself to sleep, so I'm obviously not the one to ask about sleep issues. I hope you are on the other side of it very soon.

Po7, I have this great mental image of you out running (or trying to with all the traffic ) with your kiddos.

Working from home today and this is all I can get posted due to questions every 5 sec and now DD wanting in my lap... I'll try again sometime...

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#140 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 03:41 PM

Lisa - i'm getting yarn to make this cardigan. it's a super soft, warm wool, like manos.

so, our plan had been that ds would go to preschool two days a week from 8a-1p, then i would pick him up and take him to the babysitter so that i could concentrate on working on the bike business. well, i'm sure that all of you could have told me that trying to do those transitions would be a non-starter. I had to call the babysitter and tell her not to expect him on preschool days - it's just too hard with his clingy self.

and, to follow up on my post last week, i've been trying to focus on him and include him a lot more when we're together and his behavior(and mine) is much improved. i think we thought that transitions happen much quicker than they do in reality. oh well, i won't have the afternoon to focus but hopefully ds will be happier.
#141 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 05:14 PM

Argh. I want an Alison update. My mind is going all sorts of bad places. Then again, "no news is good news" -- right? Right?

Bleh.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#142 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 05:15 PM

Thinking of Plady and Alison.

I went to my jr professor's lunch today. The group is expanding, and I'm starting to find my tribe. It includes a woman whose son is in DD's after K class. We see eye-to-eye on so many things. I can see she's going to become a good friend. We'll have her family over for a play date soon -- or maybe just the boy. Their family situation sounds hard (very sick baby), and it sounds like our kids can both use some help making friends. I'm happy to have most of it happen at our house, especially if it can give their family a little respite.

Calling the doctor now: DS had another spontaneous nose bleed last night, and Dr. Google is just scary (and likely not right).
#143 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
Argh. I want an Alison update. My mind is going all sorts of bad places. Then again, "no news is good news" -- right? Right?

Bleh.
Plady (or her DH) was online this morning... so maybe that's a good sign? :

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#144 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 06:42 PM

eksmom and other Settler's fans: Settler's at Burning Man, complete with GWB as the robber.
#145 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 08:04 PM

Just checking in to see if there was any news from Plady about little Alison......

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#146 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 08:23 PM

whew - I think I'm caught up.

for Plady and baby -- how does a baby get such an infection anyway?

re: nightnursing and not sleeping. My kids are generally pretty good sleepers at night but did wake up to nurse until I nightweaned them. I did this with dd at 18 mos when I wanted to try getting pregnant. I just did this with ds and it's like heaven. But, he is almost 2.5 yr - I certainly could have done it sooner but I'm a softy for my boob-man who loves nursing. HBM - since your dd is almost a year, have you considered nightweaning? But perhaps this won't help I do feel for you and know that my kids always woke much more freqently when teething - ds's two year molars almost did me in.

Hoping to run tonight. Too hot last night and dd wanted me to tap dance with her (she's 4.5 and starts ballet next week - I used to take/teach tap so I have shoes but they're now too small thanks to two pregnancies - anyway, we made up a little dance that dh had to sit through). Then I folded laundry. It's getting harder to get a run in at night because it's getting dark earlier.

Jenlove - I think the fox cities 5k is on Saturday and the half and full marathons are on Sunday.

later, dingos.
#147 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatz View Post
HBM - since your dd is almost a year, have you considered nightweaning?
Yes, I am certainly all for nightweaning at this point. Dd, eh, not so much. The last couple of nights were marginally better. We're taking some stuff from Pantley and crossing our fingers. I've been trying to lie down with her during the day to nap, even though it makes me crazy b/c that's my only "me" time and I am a person that really needs that bit of time to myself.

I am supposed to run with a friend from church in the morning. I've never run with her before, so I hope we're compatible. She has a dd near Jojo's age and will also have the stroller with her. Maybe the babies will entertain one another.

RM-thanks for asking about my grandmother. She's pretty much healed from the fall, but there is something not right mentally, although the neurologist couldn't find anything wrong. She's also sleeping almost all the time (about 20 hours/day). Nobody can figure out what's wrong.

Still praying for sweet, little Alison.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#148 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 09:45 PM

I was so hoping to get an update on Baby Alison tonight . Plady, your babe remains in my prayers.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#149 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 09:53 PM

HBM~ I wish I could help! One of my dds was a high needs baby, and she was an avid night nurser. I night weaned her at about 16mo when I got pregnat with her little brother and it was heaven. I really really thought that she was going to put up much more of a fight, but it was only a little fussing for a few nights. She slept through the night from that point on unless she was sick or something.

I hope you find something that works. There are lots of options out there....surely something will work for you. Take advantage of those naps for now...remember...This too shall pass.

The kids and I had a gold star day after our crappy run. We had some great learning happening. I promised the kids a trip to the pool if they behaved. They were great and we had nice swim before dinner. We had to run a few errands. Baby Reagan needed a new Kiddopatamus swaddle wrap for bedtime....she outgrew her othe ones....she needed the "Large" Reagan is still just the best baby ever. She is so easy going and happy. She seriously give me baby fever all over again....I want 10 more just like HER! TG I'm not going to be ovulating anytime soon!

Oh....I signed up to be a milk donor today. I have 70ozs frozen already, and there is no way Reagan will ever eat any of it. (She gets 99% of her milk right from the tap.....and I pump to replace any bm she gets in a bottle)
#150 of 1077 Old 09-05-2007, 10:05 PM

Lighting a candle for baby Alison and pfamily.

: Praying that everything is fine and they are just too busy snuggling that sweet baby in their arms to post here.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page