Dingos falling into autumn! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I really the one to start this thread at the end of the day? Or did I miss the other one...

If I'm the first well -

come all and join we are an awesome group of women who range from beginners to elite athletes, to preggo woggers... come share the love!
#2 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 07:26 PM

Love the thread title! And yup, this should be the new one... Didn't see/hear of any others.

Subbbbbbb....

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#3 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 07:35 PM

sub

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#4 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 07:54 PM

subbing...

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#5 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

I just signed up to do the 10K here...http://www.minsteroktoberfest.com/
#6 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 08:09 PM

Subbing...:
#7 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 09:12 PM

Sick & not running, but just finished knitting my tank. It is in the washing machine now. Woot! And now, I must lay down before my head explodes.

BBM - I hope DH gets it.. and can work on fixing it. Every relationship within the family counts!!

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#8 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Monikita - sorry you aren't feeling well - I hope the rest helps. I really hope dh gets it to. I brought it up tonight saying that I saw him nodding and thought he heard me, but wondered what he thought about it. His reply was that I "made a good point." But, sadly, I'm not that hopeful that he'll actually work as hard on our relationship...what occurs to me is that he has no idea how...hmmm.
#9 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 09:40 PM

subbing just to be nosy, not b/c i'm running and b/c y'all are the. most. awesome. group. of. women. on. the. planet. ever.

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#10 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

not to monopolize the thread or anything - but I forgot earlier to ask....somehow I have a subscription to RunnersWorld....did one of you ladies do something ultra sweet? I am too psyched to read. In fact I'm off to bed to look at it right now....
#11 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 10:16 PM

#12 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 10:17 PM

subbing.

BBM, hope your DH starts thinking. It is awesome that he works so hard with your DD. It does mean he has the potential....right? And congrats on signing up for the 10k. One of these days I will get my butt out to run again too.

Lofty! Hi, so glad to see you again, running or not.

My neighbor is jamming out to dance music. He puts his radio out back (we have adjacent yards) and blasts it. Sometimes he isn't even out there. : But we have the same radio, and it has a remote. Might have to use it soon.
#13 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 10:21 PM

subbing!

gonna try a longish run tomorrow, we'll see.

Night all
#14 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftmama View Post
subbing just to be nosy, not b/c i'm running and b/c y'all are the. most. awesome. group. of. women. on. the. planet. ever.

Sniff! Awww. Is there anything that you ARE doing that you could pretend is running, and therefore join in the convo?

When I was describing this group to my Dad yesterday, I said "Well, we're *supposed* to get on here and discuss running. Most of the time it's anything but that." He just nodded, totally understanding. He's an online gamer, though, and he gets the connection thing out here in these tubes of internets.

Plady, my sister was really glad to hear about Allison's arrival, too! She knows all about you guys, too. Mostly because most of my conversations include "Oh! One of my online running friends... blah blah blah..."

We have just returned from Lowe's and the grocery store. Trying hard to plan out meals and spend the bare minimum on groceries. I think we are set for the week, except the occasional milk run.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#15 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
My neighbor is jamming out to dance music. He puts his radio out back (we have adjacent yards) and blasts it. Sometimes he isn't even out there. : But we have the same radio, and it has a remote. Might have to use it soon.
Dude. Whip that remote out. Have you ever discussed this with him? You can always use the kids as an excuse! "They're trying to nap/do homework/solve the middle east crisis" or whatever.

Needless to say, I would be an unhappy camper. UNHAPPY. Save our one noisy neighbor incident early this spring, we are blessed with our surrounding peeps.

#16 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 11:52 PM

:
#17 of 1077 Old 09-01-2007, 11:59 PM

BBM, cool that your dh is so in touch with DD. IKWYM, though. My dh is similar. We were discussing today this lack of connection between us that he is completely oblivious to.

Plady, I'm still just soaring and happy for you!!! I hope things are going well!
#18 of 1077 Old 09-02-2007, 12:27 AM

Here's the race list. If you have something to add, PM me (easier for me to keep up with) or post.

Patti Ann - Philly Distance Run Half Marathon - September 16
wemoon - Fall Classic Duathlon - September 22
Schatz & cRebRun, feat. 1jooj as training partner - Fox Cities Half Marathon - September 23
aguacates - Maine Coast Half Marathon - September 23
Pumpkinseed - Army Ten Miler - October 7
Runningmommy, Balancin1, ND and Mr. ND - Chicago Marathon - October 7
kate~mom - Women's 5K Classic - October 13
wemoon - Big Woods 10K - October 20
Taosmama - Duke City Half Marathon - October 21
kate~mom - JFK 50 Mile - November 17
mamabeth, HBM - Atlanta Half-Marathon - November 22
kate~mom - Midnight Emerald Nuts Midnight Run (4M) - December 31

The Preggo Dingo List
Welcome Alison Grace!
HollysMom - Jan 08
eksmom - April 18

Dingo Recipe Blog - send me a PM with your email address if you'd like to be added so that you can post.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#19 of 1077 Old 09-02-2007, 12:34 AM

OHMYGOD! According to Eks' list, Wemoon had a big, honkin' Duathlon today!!! No wonder she has been on my mind all day.

Wemoon, how did it go??

#20 of 1077 Old 09-02-2007, 02:34 AM

loftmama - thanks again for delivering the beads!! the end product was sooo beautiful.

RR - 3 miles this AM it was freaking hot as usual

anybody have big plans for the long weekend?

#21 of 1077 Old 09-02-2007, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello everyone!!! So sorry that I have not been able to particpate in the thread this last week. I knew that it would be like this once school started. I will do my best to stay caught up, but I'm afraid the only time I will be able to stop in is on the weekends.

Plady: CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you and your family. The name you chose is just beautiful!

So, yes, I did have my Duathlon yesterday... thanks for asking Megs It went AWESOME! I have the fever now and there is absolutely no stopping me for learning to swim so I can do Tris next year. Both my GF and I did this Duathlon and she finished just 9 seconds before me. I tried my hardest to catch her, but by the last 5K my legs just wouldn't go any faster.

Here are my splits:
First 5K- 25:13 8:07min/mile TI- 1:29 32K Bike- 1:10:21 15.9mph T2- 0:55 Second 5K- 26:47 8:37min/mile Total time- 2:04:43

I decided that I am really going to work on my biking a lot this next two weeks. I need to get my speed up for the next duathlon. Also, I'm going to try to get under 8:00min/mile for the next one. The next one is a 3-12-3, so much shorter on the bike. I think I can make those goals! I also need to think about the transitions more, I got a little lost in the first one and was one of the slowest people out of the transition area.

I have made my training plan for the next 3 weeks and there is a heck of a lot of speedwork and not so many long runs or rides. I know I can go the distance, I just need to speed it up.

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
#22 of 1077 Old 09-02-2007, 09:30 AM

YAY Wemoon!!!!! Awesome Du!!!! I know you'll rock the tris next year when you are a swimmer too ! Great race!

Loftmama ~ Hmmmmm.... I think "running" all those beads to Plady definitely counts ! You must have been a dingo before I became one, but I'm glad to have you on the thread.

Our neighbor/babysitter from Illinois is visiting us for the weekend. My kids are in 7th heaven to have their "best friend" here. We really, really miss seeing her on a daily basis. I'm also thrilled to have here here ~ even though she's only 17, she's my friend too ! And she serves as a pertinent reminder of how happy I am to be done with that phase of life.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#23 of 1077 Old 09-02-2007, 09:45 AM

way to go wemoon!

loftmama! thanks for the 'bead running' [jaygee is right. it counts!] and for anyone who wasn't around when lofty was a regular poster, she makes THE BEST SALSA

still missin' jooj and reb..busy busy ladies

just stoppin by to check out the new thread. happy holiday weekend everyone

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#24 of 1077 Old 09-02-2007, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
plady - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
#25 of 1077 Old 09-02-2007, 10:50 AM
bec

I totally blew off my 10 mile run yesterday because I was too tired.: But, I'm going to get it in, today. And, I think I'm going to add a mile or two to it as punishment for over indulging in wine last night.

I've got my brand new Ipod all set up, and even got a set of headphones that won't fall out as soon as my ears get sweaty!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#26 of 1077 Old 09-02-2007, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Just got back from a 6.5 mile run with two hill repeats at the end. And I just ordered some new shoes...my body feels all creaky after this run.
#27 of 1077 Old 09-02-2007, 11:08 AM

Subbing.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#28 of 1077 Old 09-02-2007, 11:29 AM

Great race Wemoon!

Monikita, hope you're feeling better soon. Your tank went into the washer??? I can hardly wait to see it!

I have made great progress with my hip and can now hobble around the house pretty well. Last night I was even able to walk around the block. : I had to call in 2 days to work which is absolutely mortifying. I have another appointment with the chiro on Tuesday am, and she asked me not to run until then. As if I could. :

However, I'm getting much more knitting done, as well as spending far too much time on Ravelry. I was I could knit like Mrs. Weasley - bewitch my needles to continue on one project so that I could start another!

Enjoy your run with your new Ipod, bec!
#29 of 1077 Old 09-02-2007, 12:25 PM

Way to go Wemoon!!! Awesome race results!

#30 of 1077 Old 09-02-2007, 12:40 PM

great run wemoon!

rr- did 5 and about 1/2 last night - it was one of those runs when it started chilly, but the sun came out during the run so it was HOT. i ws unprepared and not hydrated enough. bummer. 10 today - probably around 6pm. i let dh have the early slot today for his ride.

kids are getting a picture taken this afternoon, and i still have no idea what they're going to wear. we go to this place: sadies. i highly recommend it if they're one near you.

knitting - finished the bottom half of the front of ds's vest. it's looking great. off to post the in progress pics on the blog.

doing some housecleaning - does anyone need boys 12-18 mo clothes or girls 4/5?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page