December Dingos ~ Running Through the Holidays! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I added myself...but can some of y'all put in your username? I can't always remember who is who...

I have not run!!! AUGH. We got lots of snow which is pretty, but combine a snow day with inabilty to run with the jogger and yet another day not running. I'm taking my stuff to work today in case I have a cancel. I am finally starting to feel a little better, still coughing, but nothing like I was!
#122 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 11:59 AM

I just skimmed because I fell kind of far behind, but this is what I've got:

Quote:
Originally Posted by towsonmama View Post
Monica, if I commit my six weeks of ankle rest to weight lifting, do you think I'll see results in that time period?
It depends on your body, but I think that if you consistently lift for 6 weeks, you will see results. I see results after just two weeks, but DH says that isn't typical, just me being lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjen View Post
Monica, what do you got in the way of affirmations for other people's easy births? I'm going to have to quite if this keeps up!
Um, if I had any that worked I would have had DD in a peaceful homebirth as planned instead of a hospital transfer, epidural, awful doctor, and NICU with evil nurses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post
this is what the universe is doing to me right now:

all this abundance is coming to me, but it can't get through the website.
The paths of abundance are open and clear. I am wiling to release any patterns in my consciousness that are creating blocks in the flow of abundance into my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjen View Post
I am calm and serene at births. Women are powerful and strong and birth their babies in their own time when supported. Birth is as safe as life gets.
Those are GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguacates View Post
Mandy, . That sounds so frustrating, I am envisioning the website portals opening and abundance streaming through(in a neat orderly fashion that does not cause issues!)
That is great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balancin1 View Post
I am so pleasantly sore from lifting on Monday!
Yay!!!!! I know the pleasant soreness you are talking about, and I love that. Unfortunately I am 5 degrees past that this morning, to the "Oh man, I'm really freaking sore." point.

I ran 5 on the TM last night and finished up Bridge to Tarabitha. Also lifted for chest. (ow, ow, owie) Also pulled DD in a wagon all over the zoo, which has lots of hills. It was awesomely fun... and included a warm chocolate chip cookie and kettle corn. :

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#123 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 12:00 PM

Shanti - got the pm...just got to sign up...sorry...I'm so crazy busy this time of year.

Oh and I decided that when I take my two weeks off at the end of the year so is everyone else. No dance, no responsibilities...just fun stuff and home.
#124 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 12:42 PM

It's snowing here! It is really coming down right now, but I don't think we're going to see much in the way of accumulation. Still, it is so pretty!

Abby, good luck with your TA. I hope he will be understanding.

mamabeth, sending get well vibes your way.

DrJen, glad that babe finally made it. How's your other mama doing? How are you? Hang in there...

Mandy, so sorry about the website. Website frustrations are incredibly aggravating, and I've mostly only ever worked on ones for fun, not profit. I can't imagine.

Balancin1 it is great to see you around here again! :

1jooj, way to go on the work assignment. Hope the re-org goes smoothly.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#125 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 12:46 PM

it's back up finally. phwew. that was really stressful.

Monica - i need affirmations to help me be brave about moving the website. i'm really nervous about coordinating it all since i feel that i don't really understand all the details. Sure, I'm sure with help it will all come together. but i'm not feeling confident about handling the complexity of the project and that makes me not want to get started.

sorry to be so self centered. i'm reading along with everyone's life, just wrapped up in my own personal drama right now. and it's already almost 11. i have two hours until i have to pick up K and then this afternoon i have to work on the website and do the remaining prep for this weekends craft show.
#126 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 01:23 PM

Mandy - I'm glad it's up and running!

Eks - Thanks! I'm on the map now.

Off to run!

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#127 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Jo, Thanks for the idea! I am baking a batch of chocolate Chai biscotti right now and have a batch of double chocolate mint ready to go in the oven.

Sigh...... can you tell that AF is approaching any day now?

chocolate
chocolate
chocolate
chocolate
chocolate
chocolate
chocolate
#128 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantimama View Post
Jo, Thanks for the idea! I am baking a batch of chocolate Chai biscotti right now and have a batch of double chocolate mint ready to go in the oven.

Sigh...... can you tell that AF is approaching any day now?

chocolate
chocolate
chocolate
chocolate
chocolate
chocolate
chocolate
Words that speak directly to me.

Okay off to go meet with TA. Thank you for all your support on the topic.

RR: I can't believe I forgot, I ran 8 yesterday!
#129 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Words that speak directly to me.
Me too! I just eat chocolate for 5 days straight.

Good job on 8 miles aguacates!

I just got back from 2 miles with my puppy. She is really becoming a runner.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#130 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 02:28 PM

Just back this AM and finally subbing...

Eks - will you pm me too? :

Job interview was interesting, thanks yall for the good vibes

Area and campus = gorgeous; faculty = nice and I would fit in
BUT I don't know if I loved it enough to uproot the fam if DH didn't have a job prospect somewhere near there. I would definitely take it if offered, if he did have a job though... This stuff sucks.

I managed a 3 mile run yesterday, but have been pretty slacking otherwise

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#131 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 03:02 PM

I've been wondering why no Dingo chat whenever I click on my user cp for subscribed threads? Yeah, cause ya'll have a new thread. duh. Dec 5th and all.

Ladies it snowed.
That should be IT SNOWED! We got ~10 inches saturday during xmas tree cutting down. We then got ~10 inches last night (Lake Effect snow, which we don't usually get). WOOT!

I got some XC skiing in on sunday, some yesterday with Leah in the sled behind me (imagine jogger but for snow). And then today woke up with a sniffly nose and little scratchy throat. blech. But it snowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz View Post
Gathering snow stuff as well. Our DCP: Kids go out if it's over 20 NO MATTER WHAT. Bring boots and mittens on snowy days, please. :
We always left snow stuff at daycare and have double for at home. That way there was no back and forth.

Quote:
Wendy, yep, I've scoured the syllabus, no mention. See that is my issue, I feel like I am being punished for doing well, and being on top of things. Thanks for the advice!
I would complain.

OK must decide what the heck the students are going to do in my class in 58 minutes. Ack!

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#132 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 03:05 PM

callie~Is there anything in the area that appeals to dh?

mandy~woot-woot! for being back up. let those orders come streaming in!

I just got back from picking up dd1 from preschool. My van got so stuck in the icy snow that it took two good samaritans and a bag of salt to get me going again. The whole trip took an hour and 40 minutes and the school is only a mile and a half away. It feels really good to be safely home.

Mama to three crazy, wonderful kiddos: dd1--12/2002, dd2--3/2005, and ds--3/2006

#133 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

eks ~ can you PM me the map info as well? I didn't get an e-mail.

towsonmama ~ ack! That sounds awful. Glad you're all home safely.

No run for me today since I spent the entire morning shopping and have a Christmas party to attend this evening. I've got tons of housework and St. Nicholas Day preparations to do while the girls nap, so that's it from me for now .

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#134 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 06:11 PM

Afternoon dingos!
I'm so jealous of y'all's snow! Man!

I did three miles this morning but it was 1/2 walking. I just couldn't muster the oomph to run it all. But it felt good just to be out and about. Now however I'm stiff and sore and feeling like an old feeb. I think my back and shoulders are messed up from trying to bf in bed without sitting up but I just can't wake up enough to change. And, when I have made myself sit up with AliG in the middle of the night I end up staying awake for hours. I guess I should just take heart that this time won't last. And maybe I could try yoga.

Okay, off to finsih decorating the tree with dd1.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#135 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybugmama View Post
I added myself...but can some of y'all put in your username? I can't always remember who is who...

I have not run!!! AUGH. We got lots of snow which is pretty, but combine a snow day with inabilty to run with the jogger and yet another day not running. I'm taking my stuff to work today in case I have a cancel. I am finally starting to feel a little better, still coughing, but nothing like I was!

BBM~I was thinking the same thing about the names. I looked on there, and thought "who's that?" glad to hear it's not just me being too coo koo!

Dr visit was good. (Jaygee, I feel bad for even saying this, sorry) I don't have any arthritis and can keep running, even with some dull ache, as long as it's not the stabbing pain. The pain in the knee area is stemming from my darn butt still!! And the doctor did say "butt". Just being goofy here. Okay for those of you that weren't here last year, my sacro-iliac joint was pinching real bad and I found out that my hips twist (when they are supposed to be stable). To stablize the hips, there are several butt muscles to be worked on, which, as it turns out, is not so easy to do. Doc did say that I have no worries with flexibility as I'm very flexible.

Going to go back to physcial therapy to get new moves and supposed to keep working on core (good thing Santa is bringing me the Cathe dvd), pt exercises, yoga, and running. Guess it's time to get back in the game.
#136 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 06:22 PM

I forgot to add about our broken TM. A friend bought one for her daughter that no longer uses it. She is willing to sell it to us. I hope it works out so I can get back to running.
#137 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 06:31 PM

plady~ You can do it! Just take it slowly...it will all come back to you. And get your dh to rub your back for you. Dh rubbed mine last night until I fell asleep....that's a nice way to fall asleep for sure! I sure needed it.

I sure wish I could post more but it has been busy busy here. The good news is I have a turkey cooking in my oven right now. YUM! I got too many good deals on turkeys for Thanksgiving...then we at at my moms so I haven't made a turkey myself. It is smelling yummy at my house right now.

I am envious of all of you with your snow. The weatherman told us today that it is going to warm up here again.....80 degrees on Sunday. :

Well, I ran 4 today in preparation of eating turkey tonight. Have a good day dingos!
#138 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 07:54 PM

my day is finishing a lot better than it started. UPS just brought me our new king size down comforter (replacing the one we were given 9 years ago when we got married) AND my new down jacket.

i dyed my hair tonight and so i look and feel better.
#139 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
my day is finishing a lot better than it started. UPS just brought me our new king size down comforter (replacing the one we were given 9 years ago when we got married) AND my new down jacket.

i dyed my hair tonight and so i look and feel better.
Yay Mandy! The Universe loves you. She really isn't trying to hit you on the head with a hammer. Promise.

I really need to get my hand out of the bag of kettle corn. But it is so good, and I have serious munchies. I've had a sh#tty day at work today. I'm so burned out on my job. Ug. Thank goodness I am getting a little long weekend break next week! And possibly meeting 2 dingos! :

#140 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 08:28 PM

Forgot to add, Towsonmama - I got your Christmas card today, and your kids are so cute! Also, they have the best kid names I've heard in a long time. Thank you!

#141 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonikitaUT View Post
Forgot to add, Towsonmama - I got your Christmas card today, and your kids are so cute! Also, they have the best kid names I've heard in a long time. Thank you!
: Thanks!!!!

po7~ 80 degrees?!?!? Holy moley that's warm!

plady~You'll definitely get back. Baby steps, yk?

runningmommy~ at the "butt" talk. Hope your hiney is toned quickly!

In continuation of my exercise dvd's from the library, I tried Yoga Booty Ballet today. It was fun!

Mama to three crazy, wonderful kiddos: dd1--12/2002, dd2--3/2005, and ds--3/2006

#142 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonikitaUT View Post

I really need to get my hand out of the bag of kettle corn. But it is so good, and I have serious munchies. I've had a sh#tty day at work today. I'm so burned out on my job. Ug. Thank goodness I am getting a little long weekend break next week! And possibly meeting 2 dingos! :
How about a glass of wine and some knitting???
#143 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
How about a glass of wine and some knitting???
You know me too well! I had a beer (St. Pauli's Girl) and finished knitting DD's hat. I'm drinking water now, and starting the matching scarf.

#144 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 09:34 PM

Well, I had a Yuengling with dinner and then a cup of tea, and am now working on a dishcloth for Christmas presents. So we are knitting together?
#145 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 09:42 PM

We sure are! :

#146 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
Well, I had a Yuengling with dinner and then a cup of tea, and am now working on a dishcloth for Christmas presents. So we are knitting together?
i'm going to join in a little bit. it's project runway tonight. a glass of wine and finishing the swiffer cozy and doing some knitting on my sweater.
#147 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
i'm going to join in a little bit. it's project runway tonight. a glass of wine and finishing the swiffer cozy and doing some knitting on my sweater.
Yeah, me too. I have a Christmas present dishcloth to work on. No alcohol for me though. Maybe a protein shake later?

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#148 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 09:59 PM

i'm knitting now too - a pair of fuzzy feet for MIL. i finished felting my birdhouse and am going to sew it together tomorrow.

towson - your card is great! i need to pick mine up from the photo place tomorrow, i'm afraid it will be another week before i even get to it.

ETA: lofty - i think i found a pair of snowpants today, sorry it is taken me so long. i am struggling through the end of this semester -it's kicking my right now!

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#149 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 10:06 PM

eks - the map is looking so great! thanks for adding that, it's awesome.

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#150 of 855 Old 12-05-2007, 10:56 PM

OT, I realize, but since we are all knitting. Do you weave in the ends for a dishcloth? I never knot and cut, but it seems like it might be appropriate?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page