December Dingos ~ Running Through the Holidays! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
megs, if you let it air out for a while, the smell should go. Granted, I don't know how infused it is, but my experience from smoky bars is that while the clothes reek at first, the smell does go.
#182 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 07:32 PM

mamabeth~ I hope you are feeling better. Rest up.
#183 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 07:58 PM

MB! OMG! I hope you are feeling all better now, how scary for you and dh.

Eks - I am so glad you posted that! I didn't know what to ask Santa for but now I do! I'm going to ask for Snow White's house dress! I've always wanted that dreamy look while I wash the floor and sing! And the description of Ariel completely fits in with my preconceptions of her.

Megs - Eew eew double eew, as dd would say a la Lindsay Lohan (). I'd definitely ask for money back or threaten a nasty review. That's disgusting.

P'seed - Glad your feeling better, I hope it continues!

Okay, dinner time!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#184 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
Eks - I am so glad you posted that! I didn't know what to ask Santa for but now I do! I'm going to ask for Snow White's house dress! I've always wanted that dreamy look while I wash the floor and sing! And the description of Ariel completely fits in with my preconceptions of her.
Bwah! I told DH we need to get some Ariel sheets because sleeping on sheets with a print of a half-dressed woman is so EMPOWERING.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#185 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 08:08 PM

CherylAnn...good to "see" you!

MB...goodness woman..baby yourself! That's aweful! hugs!

Pumpkinseed...glad you are feeling better.

Jaygee..glad you had fun at the party! Did you get to burn off some calories at the gym?

I'm coordinating this madrigal thing. Anyway, I went with the lady who is in charge of entertainment to the local HS today. We are getting a Hamlet competition play from a local high school. They won some sort of recent competition and it sounds like fun!
Afterwards we had a margarita lunch. I don't usually do margarita lunches, but it was fun. I don't know this lady that well, even though we've always been friendly to each other. I fidget alot, and I really notice it around people I dont' know that well. I felt a little self conscious after I noticed I'd been twisting two straws together for half an hour!

Yesterday, my kids had a half day at school, so I got together with another Mom and we took our kids to a greenway, they rode bikes and we ran behind them...for 4 miles! I can still do it! I wasn't even sore this morning.
#186 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 08:09 PM

just now logging on after several days of not being able to get into town.

poppy, your pp resonated with me. i know you've been there for a while (a year now?) and i've only been here for 2 months. it's so hard. i'm having a hard time not getting depressed. i literally go to bed and wake up every single day wishing i was in austin. i wish we could meet up. btw, now that i'm downloading tunes and b/c i feel so musically isolated, i'm looking for good tunes. what are you listening to these days?

i missed the kooky post, btw. just wondering what i missed.

also, i can't remember how to access our cooking page. would someone be so kind as to remind me. :

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#187 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 08:17 PM

Lofty, to you... here's the link to the cooking blog - if you're not able to post, PM me your email address and I will send you an invite.

#188 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 08:28 PM

pumpkinseed, sorry about your cat.

mamabeth, how are you feeling?

plady, on your run! so you're thinking of renting now?

megs, sorry about that ebay experience. i'm searching ebay daily these days and getting most of my things that way. what a bummer! yesterday, i cleaned out goodwill, however. can you wash a snowsuit? what about gloves? i drew a line at buying used long underwear and paid real money for that. oy!

eksmom, thank you so much for the link. i've bookmarked it.

so who do we e-mail about the dingo map? i love the idea!

#189 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 08:32 PM

went on a farm run today and it took the whole day - so no run. yesterday, we went on a thrift store run and it also took the entire day, so no run. i'm beginning to think there's justification for ordering everything online. i used to try not to order anything, but i'm doing an about-face. the post office, ups, fed ex come to this little bitty town everyday, so it seems more efficient to order. i like to look at, touch, investigate everything i order so online ordering is tough. i feel like i've got to all this other online research first but i just can't. i don't have that kind of access. my first month here, when i was online all the time and posting multiple times in a day, well i just got the phone bill for that and : it was bad.

mandy, i feel the same way - so wrapped up in my own life. unlike you, i don't have being super busy as my excuse. you are wearing so many, many hats. i do admire you so much. you have nothing to apologize for and everything to be proud of. (no grammar police, please.)

i'm not super busy, it's just hard to find a place to go online and then i feel super-rushed to get back home to the kids. so my e-mails are not as responsive to the rest of yours as i would like to be. sorry everyone.

sorry about the multiple posts. catching up to about an hour and i still have to get what i really came into town to do done! oy again!

#190 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 08:38 PM

Kerc, I'm looking for 18 month size-ish. This one in the laundry right now is 12M, I think. Geneva is kinda petite, but generally fits all 12M and some 18M stuff. Hanna size 70 is still good.

I'm going to wash it once more. I just soaked it in some TTO and Zout, and now I'll rewash. We'll see. I already left negative feedback.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#191 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 08:53 PM

I think I added myself to the map! Several people have extra dots out in the middle of Kansas. Any way to fix that?
#192 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz View Post
I think I added myself to the map! Several people have extra dots out in the middle of Kansas. Any way to fix that?
I have tried to delete those from my end but so far it's not working. I will keep working on it. If those who have the Kansas dots could see if there is anyway to delete them from your end, that'd be much appreciated. Also, if I accidentally delete something I shouldn't, I apologize in advance!

#193 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 09:36 PM

ok, need advice. i've been asked if i could be one of the pacers for the local half marathon in april - it used to be the runners' world half, but they dropped full sponsorship last year, but are still a regular sponsor. i had decided i wasn't going to race either the half or the 5K, but when i told this to one of my friends on the organizing committee, she offerred this bone.

problem is, it is the weekend after boston. i've been told i could pick any pace group - they're in ten minute increments from 1:30 on up. what should i do? i would love to do it, but i don't know how reasonable it is - and if so, what pace group should i choose? obviously not 1:30 or 1:40, but how much slower? :
#194 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksmom View Post
I have tried to delete those from my end but so far it's not working. I will keep working on it. If those who have the Kansas dots could see if there is anyway to delete them from your end, that'd be much appreciated. Also, if I accidentally delete something I shouldn't, I apologize in advance!
i think i have an extra baltimore dot, but i don't know how it got there.
#195 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
Kerc, I'm looking for 18 month size-ish. This one in the laundry right now is 12M, I think. Geneva is kinda petite, but generally fits all 12M and some 18M stuff. Hanna size 70 is still good.

I'm going to wash it once more. I just soaked it in some TTO and Zout, and now I'll rewash. We'll see. I already left negative feedback.
Megs, I have a patagonia snowsuit, lavender, like new. It is a size 12M, but Patagonia sizing runs huge, so DD wore it from 18 months until after she was 2. (She's 50% for height.) I also have LL Bean snow boots with liners, lavender, in size 8. Want me to bring it with next weekend?

Kerc - Have you sold those XC kid skis yet? Cause we might be interested, depending on how much you want for them and the cost of shipping them here.

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#196 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 10:17 PM

Lofty - Oh mama, I hope you find some joy in your experiement up north and I hope your dh understands how much you love your family for leaving what you did in Austin. And I wish I could visit and we could walk across a lake or something cool and wintery like that!

P'seed - For your cats. It is so so hard to lose a sweet pet, no matter the reason.

Kate~Mom - Hmm, Aren't you supposed to not run at all for kind of a long time after a marathon? But then again, maybe you could do like the 5 hour pace group (if there is such a thing?). I can definitely see how tempting that must be for you!

Re: the Kansas dots - I think that if you have sort of a strange/small town/non-US address Frappr sometimes makes stuff up. I tried using Friday Harbor on my blog map and it picked some place in Indiana that had the word Harbor.

Poppy - I have a good friend from college who moved to Nashvegas for her dh's job (which he actually works on the road for about 45 weeks a year). She has never fully acclimatized either and I'd hook you two up but I think she has pretty much embraced the negativity of her own inertia trap and I doubt you'd find it a breath of fresh air. I wish I could come visit you too and go white water rafting and hiking or something. I remember one of the best times I ever had was rafting in some TN river with a bunch of crazy kiwis who were working their way around the world doing outdoorsy jobs.

Mbelle- Mmm margarita lunch! What fun! And <nostalgic sigh> madrigals </nostalgic sigh>!

Po7 - I keep meaning to ask, where do you get all your energy? Early bedtime coffee? ginseng Street drugs? Seriously, has your endurance for being constantly 'on' for kids increased with use? I am very curious because I am always tired, and I don't even have any high needs kids here!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#197 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 10:24 PM

I think I just managed to get the map cleaned up a little bit. There are still things I don't get about Frappr. Anyway...

Shanti, I think I accidentally deleted your pin on the map! Your picture is still uploaded when I look at all the photos but I think I made your pin go away. I'm so sorry!

DrJen and Patti - if you could upload a picture when you get a chance, that will help me get rid of your Kansas map pin. In the member section where I can remove people, I can't tell the difference between your real location and your Kansas location without a picture being associated with your real location. Well - I could try to delete one of the duplicates, but I don't know how to make sure I get the right one.

ETA: DrJen and Patti, never mind. I figured it out and got rid of your Kansas pins, so we're good.

#198 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 11:18 PM

Eks - Will you please invite me to the map thing, or whatever? Do you need my email addy? (I use my hotmail email)

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#199 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 11:24 PM

Monica - PM'd you.

Pumpkinseed, I've been meaning to say I am so sorry about your cat. Thanks for the update on your dad - I hope his scans and everything come back with great results, and that y'all have an awesome Christmas.

#200 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 11:40 PM

I somehow ended up in Kansas too!
#201 of 855 Old 12-06-2007, 11:55 PM

I added myself to the map and managed to not put myself in Kansas. Will need to add a pic when I am on a different computer.

I just got home a bit ago, and DH is watching Greys. : We always watch together online, but he started watching without me, so I am hanging out in the kitchen until it's over. : I don't like missing any, so I need to wait. Oh, to have such problems, right?

P'seed, so sorry to hear about your cat!! Glad you are feeling a bit better. Don't worry about the knitting. I am sure that it will come. Besides, you have super knitter Monica to hook you up.

Lofty, so sorry that you are not feelign at home in NY. The move was all your Dh's idea? I am sure that winter can feel especially isolating.

Poppy, hugs to you to for not feeling the love of your locale. I have been there. Durham, NC to be specific. We lasted two years. There are of course things to gripe about here in NYC, but over all, I am really really happy to be living here, and am very thankful to be raising kids here too. That probably sounds nuts to you suburban mamas, but tis true.

Ok, think that I can soon safely go upstairs and work on my martini glass dishcloth.
#202 of 855 Old 12-07-2007, 12:09 AM

mamabeth - Yikes woman! I am glad you are on the mend.

I think I am taking the day off here. I took Tripod for a walk this morning, but I think that's all I am going to manage. It's been : We are having a holiday party on Saturday for our business (kind of in celebration of forming our LLC). I've had lots of cheerleading stuff going on... 1 more practice and game for this week. Our last one is this coming Tuesday and we are stunting hardcore to "show off" one last time. Can I just brag?! I have 7th and 8th graders who do basket tosses, fulls, and all this fancy stuff!! : I will be sad when it's all done.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#203 of 855 Old 12-07-2007, 01:22 AM

JenLove, did I miss what your business is? Kudos to you and your cheerleeders!

I meant to thank you all for your advice on the dishcloths. I almost have 2 done. My goal is 3 for my MIL. And Poppy, thanks for your thoughts on the Thai massage. I think that I will finally have to read Eat, Love and Pray!
#204 of 855 Old 12-07-2007, 01:40 AM

JenLove - I have to admit I'm not sure what that stuff is, but it sounds impressive! Maybe you'll coach again next year? Or is there a spring sport you can do?

eksmom - I have to find a picture of me or the fam. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend. I can't figure out how I got there! And then I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it! Thanks for doing this for us.

pumpkinseed - how sad about your cats. I have 11 1/2 yr old litter mates that we've had since they were 8 week old kittens. I dread anything happening to them. One of them had renal failure 2 years ago on Christmas day, but fortunately recovered and has done well since, but they are visibly getting older although still seem happy and well. So hard to lose a part of your family.

Geo - is it next Thurs and Fri your student is coming? dh was talking something about some super computer conference thing. And then went on about 5800 processors and some user he'd like to borrow 200 or so processors for so he could get data right away and how that'd be really cool or something like that. His poster is for something else, though (and he's explained it twice and I can't keep it straight.) Justin has been talking lots about Elliot lately - he really enjoyed him and is anxious to see him again. He's really pulling for a dingo camping trip 2008!

Speaking of Justin, we went to the eye doctor yesterday and he does need glasses. I'm wondering if part of his difficult mood lately has to do with not being able to see well. My oldest had chronic ear infections and had some temporary hearing loss for a while and I remember that his behavior and mood were terrible for a while and I think he felt isolated because of his hearing. I wonder if that's what's been bugging Justin, or if it's just a hard spot in development for him. Anyway, we picked out glasses that we agreed made him look very intelligent and they will be available in 3-4 business days. Meanwhile, poor kid was out of sorts when I picked him up from daycare, and came home and laid on the floor behind the couch looking pathetic for a while. Couldn't get him to admit to anything being wrong, but later I taught him how to play 500 rummy and the extra mom time seemed to cheer him up significantly. Meanwhile, my 4 yr old kept giving me hugs and telling me there was nothing for her to do, and when was I going to play a game with her. I need more of me.

I'm so excited about my grnmtnmama soap! I got some for gifts, but am looking forward to the stuff I got just for me. I've been using my last bit of soap only every once in a while to make it last, but finally used it all up this week. Some of it is for my dear friend who is pregnant who really needs some pampering. She has a 5 yr old, 3 yr old and 1 yr old, and her 3 yr old has special needs and requires a lot of care. I'm planning to include a card with instructions to her dh to arrange some time for her to soak in the tub in lovely bath salts with her chocolate lavendar soap to enjoy also!

I'm getting into a holiday spirit finally. Starting to get really excited about some things I'm gifting this year. That is probably my favorite part of Christmas - picking out things for people I love that I think will make them happy. I just wish my dh was one I could come up with gifts for, he's terrible to shop for and is always so thoughtful for me. Sigh. I'm hoping inspiration will strike at some point.

RR - I actually ran! I ran 3 miles watching the 300th episode of ER and got all weepy when they had a blessing ceremony for the docs and nurses. I'm thinking rather than trying to stick to a set day schedule for my running I need to just run every night I can, and then the nights I end up squatting on the labor and delivery floor all night won't mean that I miss all my runs for the week. I just like order and schedules and it bugs me to have a plan for the week and not know what days I'm going to run. I have to get over that. Don't think, just run, right?
#205 of 855 Old 12-07-2007, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjen View Post
Geo - is it next Thurs and Fri your student is coming?
Nope, she's there now. I haven't heard a report yet at all, so I presume it's fun!

I hope that Justin's eyesight was the source of him feeling off. I can tell you it makes me grumpy when I can't see. We were looking at pictures of the camping trip last week. Elliot pointed to Justin and said, "bubbles!" Since *nothing* is better than bubbles, I figure Elliot misses Justin, too!
#206 of 855 Old 12-07-2007, 09:59 AM

Thanks dingoes. y'all are the best. I'm doing better today....the fluids seemed to have restored some balance in the system but I know it's going to take a while. And my shoulder is really sore from where I fell! I couldn't figure it out but then I finally realized that I had fallen there. anyways....

lofty and poppy, i'm so sorry it is hard to be where you are. It just takes so long to adjust IME, way longer than you think (like 2 years or something). take care mamas.
#207 of 855 Old 12-07-2007, 10:34 AM

Good morning dingos!

Beth, glad to hear you are feeling better. How scary and I'm glad the fluids helped.

Moonshine, I know exactly how you feel about raising kids in the city. I have been thinking for the last 3 years that I desperately wanted to move somewhere else but this last year I've discovered I really don't want to leave here. Luckily I live near a TON of open green space, so honestly I really have the best of both worlds. I am tired of street parking, however.

OK, I should be doing morning things rather than typing, but I had a minute and thought I'd snatch it.
#208 of 855 Old 12-07-2007, 10:35 AM

loftmama - maybe we should plan to get together this winter. Maybe some time like MLK weekend or something. we could figure out something to do with the kiddo's that's midway. winter can be a difficult time in the north country. it's cold, dar,k and stormy and everyone retreats and it's challenging to find time to hang out with friends, let alone make new ones.

i did some abs last night . need to start doing something a little more serious, my bum is growing. today's exercise will be taking ds to go snowboarding - or maybe we'll just do it in the backyard. I have a lot of things to get together for the show tomorrow and some packages to ship and the gosh-darned-little-gifttags have totally disappeared.

we have a babysitter tonight so dh and I are going out but we don't know what we're going to do yet. probably just have some dinner at our favorite place and enjoy some peaceful conversation.
#209 of 855 Old 12-07-2007, 10:35 AM

MB, glad that you are on the mend. Your shoulder pain reminds me of my bruise after DD2's birth. I noticed that I had a tender spot on my head, and it took me a while to realize that that is where I was leaning on the tub during labor.

Has anyone seen this NYTimes article on running/mind over matter? Made me think of our Kate running Boston and Monica and her powerful mantras.
#210 of 855 Old 12-07-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balancin1 View Post

Moonshine, I know exactly how you feel about raising kids in the city. I have been thinking for the last 3 years that I desperately wanted to move somewhere else but this last year I've discovered I really don't want to leave here. Luckily I live near a TON of open green space, so honestly I really have the best of both worlds. I am tired of street parking, however.
I hear ya on parking. However, since we don't live in the borough, parking is not as bad as it could be. And we knocked down our front wall on the sidewalk and made a driveway. That rocks. And to think, I used to scorn the idea of parking in your front yard.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page