Defeating sugar cravings (or any cravings) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-24-2007, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We've got holiday candy in the house. I'm close to being a sugar addict and have done a really good job this week of sticking to a healthy diet and not eating all the holiday sugar that's been available to me at parties, from gifts, etc.

But someone gave us homemade truffles today as a Christmas gift. And they've been tempting me all day. I wish I could just throw them out and be done with it, but they were given to me and to DH, who has more self-control than I do when it comes to sugar, and wouldn't want them thrown out. I did get him to put all the candy his sister gave us for Christmas out of my sight lines, though.

We're leaving tomorrow for vacation for 10 days, and I would love to say that I managed to get out of the house without eating these things. So I thought I'd post my intentions here for accountability.

If you have a craving you'd like to confess or get off your chest or add, please do so.

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009
#2 of 3 Old 12-24-2007, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

I think I'm going to make it! One hour to go!

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009
#3 of 3 Old 12-24-2007, 04:30 PM

I totally binged all day yesterday and different relatives houses (and at my own house) I just decided that I'm going "off" the sugar. I was just now drinking a soda after I finished my burger and fries. I felt gross. I immediately went to the sink and poured out my soda. I also got rid of the reeses on my desk. I'm going cold turkey. I haven't decided how long, but at least 6 weeks to see how I feel. I bet it's the reason why my brain is so foggy.

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page