2008 is Great for Dingos! Running mamas January thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, you get on a plane to fly across the country, and look what happens...you gals have been chatty today!

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who failed to run today due to the weather. I really meant to, but I got up, looked outside and saw it was snowing, looked at the tv and it was 12 degrees and decided to take a nap on the couch instead while SIL and MIL played with DS! Of course, I hate running on a treadmill, and that may be my only option for a little while since the sidewalks here are too snowy/icy for the Chariot. I think spin class tomorrow may be in order...

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppywise View Post
just a quick post to say that i am very happy to hear this! i am struggling, as y'all know, to get past 3.5 and i am staring down a 13 mile race in a few months -eek!
you'll do wonderfully. when i started, i had never run longer than 4 miles (first time at the nye race two years ago) - then ran the half in april.

monica - last night, i finished the "pro bono" hat you posted on the blog - what a quick knit! it's for my sister, but i had to wear it today just to make sure it worked, you know? anyway i used a bulky yarn and i was rather cozy in single digit temps. great rec!
#123 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
Okay, CherylAnn. I give in. I am going to steal my Mom's Wicked soundtrack and burn it to my computer at the next opportunity.

And if you aren't crying at the end of "Once," then I don't really know you at all... ;-) Sigh. I'm still on a high from it.

Well, time to cast on my next wristwarmer. They're cute, but I'm going to make some changes to the pattern if I make another pair for a friend (or myself). Dan has been admiring them, so maybe he needs the male Fetchings from Knitty...?
I'll probably be sobbing by the end, then. Fletcher likes his Dashings. He just prefers to have a mitten top that can fold over and I didn't add that. So, his fingers get too cold. He's worn them while running a few times, though. I LOVE the ones I knit for me. Megs are you in Ravelry yet?
#124 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 02:03 AM

plady, it's my dd whose middle name is xochitl azul.

so you all are a bunch of knitters, too, heh? kewl! I recently finished my first sweater (took me two years ) and matching hat. Somebody point me to your knitting blog...
#125 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 09:00 AM

Morning Dingos!

I am going to see if I can get Reb to stop in here.

I am also here to report that I am dressed to run. No real plan, just going to jump on the TM and see what happens between now and breakfast. Mostly, I am just pushing to get back into a habit of running more than 3x a week. That inevitably means occasional back-to-back runs, and for some reason I have just not had the energy or will to run that often. More than anything, it's physical and psychological inertia. So maybe I'll run 3. Then I should be able to run tomorrow and rest Sunday. I seriously need new shoes, though. My toes have begun to complain. And the running store is closing for a week next week, so the owners can go down and run Disney.

Great day and great runs, mamas!
#126 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 11:02 AM

i'm home!

made it back to VT last night. about 25% unpacked and then my lower back started spasming. then DH started to have major website problems. and then I hit the wall with jet lag. it's all nutz in my life again. we still have so much to put away from christmas/travels and a friend tiled our bathroom floor while we were away, it looks beautiful but now we have to clean up from that project and work on finishing the rest of the bathroom. i'm tired already and my back is still spasming.

it's about 4 degrees today, but supposed to warm up. I'm hoping to get some snowboarding and x-country skiing in over the weekend. probably no running until I can see the ground again - and we've got a LOT of snow this year.

nice to be back, just wish it wasn't so crazy already.
#127 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 11:06 AM

Mornin'. I just hate it when I make a point of going to bed early and then every single family member decides they don't want me to get any sleep! 9:30pm I'm in bed, 9:45pm dh comes up and says come watch Spiderman3 (no, I need sleep), 1:15 am dh comes to bed after said movie, 1:30 am dd#2 wakes up from noisy return of her father, 4:30 am dd#1 runs screaming into our bed after a bad dream, 5:30 am dd#2 wakes up for good. :yawning'm going to try going to bed again early and maybe this time I'll get more than 4 hours of continuous sleep.

Welcome xochimama! Yay, another knitting runner mama. Here's the blog http://dingoknits.blogspot.com/
If you're on Ravelry, we're here: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/chasin...naughty-dingos
And I have to say, I'm having trouble picturing a pregnant woman in full boxing padding, knocking the stuffing out of a bag right now. It's taking a lot of imagination on my part

I am going to make a point of getting back on the wagon and go run today, especially since it's supposed to warm up this afternoon. It's 14F now. I'm just going to do 30 minutes, since it's been a month. I'll try and leave the moment work is over at 5. I love my telecommute Fridays.

Tomorrow, dd#2 and I go to parent tot swim. I don't usually try and run on Saturdays since an hour hopping around in the pool with a toddler seems to kick my butt.

Happy Friday everyone,
#128 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post
it's about 4 degrees today, but supposed to warm up. I'm hoping to get some snowboarding and x-country skiing in over the weekend. probably no running until I can see the ground again - and we've got a LOT of snow this year.
Welcome back. You're inspiring me to wax up my XC skis. This is the first year where I've seen enough snow and am not pregnant or nursing a wee baby all the time. Enjoy the snow.
#129 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 11:29 AM

Mamabeth I am jealous. Disney is defintely my biggest guilty pleasure.

Here are some of my fave songs to run to. Please Forgive spelling
Yaz -Situation
Elvis Costello- Veronica
Tori Amos-Barons of Suburbia
Peter Gabriel- Salsbury Hill
Barenaked Ladies-One Week
Pretenders-Night in my Veins
Ryan Adams- New York, New York
James-Laid
Pete Townsend-Split Skirts
Beth Orton-She Cries Your Name

I don't think I could run without music.
#130 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 11:40 AM

Hey ladies.
Looks like you guys are the same crazy bunch as when I last saw you...what...six months ago or more?
Sorry that I've gone AWOL. My life has just become insane. Between the girls/husband/house/dogs, my full time job, and an ever growing photography business I have no time. I will try and stop in more often as I can.

Looks like there are some marathoners in the works.... good for you guys!

I have been struggling to run three slow 3-5 milers a week, but am making that 4 a week in an effort to get my fat ass moving and drop 5-10 lbs. My speed dropped drastically after the marathon in May. I had some major burnout and lately slow is the only way I can get my fat ass on the treadmill. Oh well.

Work is good...I wasn't on the road at all during December, but travel is picking up and I head out to Cleveland on Monday. Charlotte a couple of weeks later.

My photography business is doing well. I had a very busy Fall (holiday photo season) and things have slowed down (typical of this time of year)...although I'm supposed to shoot a wedding (not a fan of doing weddings...) at Lambeau Field. On my 35th birthday. The only reason I'm doing it is because it's at Lambeau. I haven't received her signed contract back, though, so maybe she decided to go elsewhere. If you are bored, check out my website... Soul Reflection Photography
and the business blog for constant new photos. Usually I post several from each session, but since it's so slow right now, I'm just keeping it going by photographing my girls. The last three posts or so are of them, so if you want to check out how big they've gotten... the blog link is on the splash page of my site.

As Jo mentioned, I've been having a really hard time lately. I don't know, maybe for the last month or so. It's always a hard time of year for me, since December 21 was the 6th birthday of my twins Rainey and Grace. If you remember, they were premature and they only lived about an hour.
Then my self esteem dropped and is in the toilet...maybe even the sewer... and I feel like the fattest, ugliest, worst person alive. I put on four pounds a couple of months ago, after losing those same four about six months before... and now I'm having a really hard time getting rid of them. I will lose 5-10 by April 1. I will stop eating if need be. A couple of months ago I went back to my vegetarian ways...only eating seafood. I had been eating poultry for a couple of years after fifteen of no meat. Last night I made chili with Boca fake ground beef. Actually, I told my husband that I made a separate batch for him with ground beef...after he told me that if I didn't put any meat (always used to make it with ground turkey breast) he would not eat it. ....well, I just put about half of the pot into another pot before he got home and told him it was ground beef. I wanted to see if he could tell, since he always says that he won't eat fake meat. Well, wouldn't you know it...he told me that it was just as good as always and that he appreciated me making some with meat for him. When he was done, after a few questions like, "was it okay? I don't really know how to cook ground beef, so I was worried..." and him answering that it was great, just 'too tomato-y' I told him. ha.

As Jo mentioned, my dog, Chumley, is scaring the crap out of me. He's had lots of bumps and lumps growing over the last couple of years, but they've all been fatty tumors. Well, the night before last I found a very very large growth on his side/belly by his last rib. It was a different shape than all of the others, felt different, and seemed to be attached to the rib. I had a terrible night, worried sick, then took him in to the vet first thing yesterday. She was very concerned because it was the size of her palm and she agreed that it felt very different than the fatty tumors. She took a couple of samples from it and is sending it in. She ran a quick smear to see what she could tell from that... there was some fatty tissue, but there were also some abnormal cells as well. She did a lot of talking about cancer and the possible treatments. She recommended treating him (if it is cancer) since he's doing so well in all other ways...except for not having any muscle mass left in his right hip.... there is a chance, she said, that it would come back benign, but with all of the treatment talk I don't think she believes it. She said that she is worried it will come back as inconclusive and recommending that it's removed for further testing. Since she agreed that it seems to be attached to his ribs, it would be an involved surgery. SO, if you are one who believes in prayer, I'd really apreciate some for Chumley. His 11th birthday is on Tuesday. He has been with me longer than any other friend, except for Jo. Who, by the way, pointed out recently that we've been friends for more of our lives than we haven't. Amazing. I'm blessed to have her....now if we could just see each other more....

As usual, there are regular updates on my personal blog, too. So you can always check in with me there if you want. But I will check in here when I can. Knowing me, I'll probably get addicted again, but we'll see.

I hope you are all well. I've missed you.
#131 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 12:17 PM

Reb, it's great to see you again! I'm sorry things are so rough right now. Are you still seeing your nutritionist? I loved the story about the chili and your DH. And : for ol' Chumley... having been through a lot of stuff with one of our dogs this fall, I know how scary it is. I hope the news is good, but if he has to have surgery, I hope he'll come through with flying colors. I think our pets can have an amazing amount of fighting spirit.

CherylAnn, I hope you have a safe trip!

Callie, I have to admit when I saw this month's RW cover I was too freaked out by how fake and made-up his face looks to even notice the abs. I'll have to take another look, maybe after I put a post-it note over his head.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#132 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Po7, I'm LDS too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post
It's probably a good thing I don't have an ipod...I would be the biggest dork, singing along and half-dancing through my runs...I know this is true because I listen to radio when I run on the TM, and I do this.
I sing when I run too.

Quote:
i'm home!

made it back to VT last night. about 25% unpacked and then my lower back started spasming. then DH started to have major website problems. and then I hit the wall with jet lag. it's all nutz in my life again. we still have so much to put away from christmas/travels and a friend tiled our bathroom floor while we were away, it looks beautiful but now we have to clean up from that project and work on finishing the rest of the bathroom. i'm tired already and my back is still spasming.
I'm sorry things are so crazy. I hope your back feels better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdabbler View Post
Mornin'. I just hate it when I make a point of going to bed early and then every single family member decides they don't want me to get any sleep! 9:30pm I'm in bed, 9:45pm dh comes up and says come watch Spiderman3 (no, I need sleep), 1:15 am dh comes to bed after said movie, 1:30 am dd#2 wakes up from noisy return of her father, 4:30 am dd#1 runs screaming into our bed after a bad dream, 5:30 am dd#2 wakes up for good. :yawning'm going to try going to bed again early and maybe this time I'll get more than 4 hours of continuous sleep.
That sounds like most of my nights. The baby seems to think that mom's diner should be open all.night.long. Between that and dh being noisy at night I'm feeling pretty rough.

Reb~ Your blog and site look awesome! I hope you can keep posting. I love your run reports! Oh...I fed my dh some stirfry with tofu. He ate it for dinner and took some left overs for lunch. A coworker asked him if it was tofu, and dh called me all stressed out because I fed him tofu.
#133 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 12:22 PM

Hey Reb, good to see you! I just wanted to send you a huge and let you know I'd be thinking about you and everything going on and Chumley. But too funny about the chili "meat"

Eks - I had to put my hand over his face, but then its all good

Megs - no Spinal Tap quotes??? That is my DHs fave of all of them!

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#134 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybugmama View Post
towsonmama - is your race the flying pig? I"ve been contemplating that one...
No, this is the Frederick Running Festival. I'm still wishy-washy about it though.

Put me in the "that guy's face looks weird" camp for RW cover. What do you call a male butter face? Please tell me other people know the term "butter face"--it's so horrendous!

reb~Your site is beautiful!! What gorgeous photos. I love the vibrant colors.

modmom~I forgot about James. I'll have to dig out my cd and put Laid on my iPod. That used to be my favorite song! Elvis Costello is a great one too. I can totally see myself running to his stuff.

grnmtn~Welcome back across the pond!

rr~UGH!!!! I had the.worst.run. today thanks to ds. He's so clingy that he keeps have horrible meltdowns at the gym's childcare. Today I was 1.5 miles into my 5K loop on the TM when they called me to come get him. Grrrrrr. Fortunately my dad is coming to babysit so I can try again. This time I have to run outside though. : I'm aiming for 2.5 miles. Hopefully my next post will be to tell how awesome it was.

Mama to three crazy, wonderful kiddos: dd1--12/2002, dd2--3/2005, and ds--3/2006

#135 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 01:03 PM

Reb, it's great to see you back again! Sorry you're feeling a little down. I know that winter does that to me too. It's only January and I'm already creating little fantasies about what I'm going to do when it warms up. Prayers going out for Chumley too.

towsonmama ~ sorry your DS is not a fan of childcare. Hope your run outside today is great!

I haven't gotten my RW yet this month but I know DH is going to totally make fun of it! Whenever there is a buff guy on the cover he makes me hide it ~ says it makes him feel uncomfortable !

I dragged my butt to spinning class this morning. In fact, I got there 15 minutes early so I got in a full hour of cycling .

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#136 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 01:07 PM

Where did this week go? Even given that it is a short work week, I can't believe it is already Friday! My ILs stopped by on their way back home to TO on Wed night, which was great, and then I had a dentist appointment before work yesterday, so I haven't had any spare time. I am planning to camp out at home today after work and do some laundry.

I did do a 45-min yoga DVD last night--wow am I tight!--and ran on the TM at the gym this morning--wow am I slow! I also think I need a larger pair of running shorts : I can't believe how awful I feel with all this extra weight on my body.

I'm planning a long bike ride with DD in the trailer this weekend, since it is supposed to be above freezing, and I hopefully will have some more time to post here that isn't at work
#137 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by towsonmama View Post
plady~You've got the best attitude on this Body for Life plan! I mean, you're not even consuming sugar anymore are you? (In addition to all the workouts, I mean.) to your positivity.
Thanks, I have been sorely tempted (no pun intended ) to cheat. I did have some pasta last night with dinner but I figure that Ali G is probably helping me with some calorie burning. I was eyeing my Bailey's though, but I didn't have any. I'll save it up for my free day. I expect that one day of sugar binging after a week off will cause me so much shaking and headaches that it will be a lot easier to abstain thereafter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLove View Post
mamabeth ~ I ran to Sexyback yesterday
Dude, I', so uncool I thought on reading that, "wow, who'd have guessed MI would have a place called Sexyback?"

Quote:
nice to be back, just wish it wasn't so crazy already.
You have to build in a fake vacation day in which you are supposedly still not home but really you're home getting a private jump on the return to normalcy!

Reb - : It's good to see you! I'm sorry that you've been so down. I send and : to you and Chumley.

Okay, Ali G is finally sleeping so I'd better get gym bound asap.
Is anyone else getting 5000 spams today? , I heard they just indicted some spammer, this must be the final f off.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#138 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 02:06 PM

rr~3.11 miles! Pain free! I'm pretty slow and trying not to care. Can't have it all at once, right? Off to shower.

Mama to three crazy, wonderful kiddos: dd1--12/2002, dd2--3/2005, and ds--3/2006

#139 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 02:18 PM

I just got back from a great 3.5 mile run. I had to keep it at that time becasue the kids were home alone. Also I am planning on a 4.5 mile tomorrow. I will let you guys know how it goes.

I must say I am really impressed with the knitters. I have a few project left to be finished but I am not knitting until I get a few things organized around here. Things really went to pot after #3 was born and that was 4.5 years ago.

I hope everyone has a great day!
#140 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 03:23 PM

Reb- So good to see you! I am thinking of you and Chumley!

So, my goals for this year have gone through a lot of revision. I have decided that this year I will learn to truly love myself and treat myself accordingly. I am not going to focus on losing weight. I am going to focus on accepting myself and believing that I am amazing! I will run 4-5 times a week because it is good for me and I will eat better because it is good for me.

RR: Ran this morning! I want to run again.

KR: I am in a knitting slump. I have lots of projects I need to finish up before I start something new and all I want to do is cast on for a pair of socks for me. I hope to get dd's mittens finished this next week and start ds#2's mittens.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#141 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 03:26 PM

recommendations needed. I am ISO a nice leather handbag for work, my pleather purchase for Target just isn't fitting the bill. Nice bags are expensive, so I thought I'd check out the sales. I like this one in purple, but it looks a little big. Does anyone have any shops or styles that they would recommend. Remember that this is basically for work/travel/going-out and I don't need to carry diapers or sippy cups or any of that sort of thing.

thanks for your help ladies!
#142 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 03:43 PM

Mandy, there is usually a decent collection of cute bags at TJ Maxx.

Harvey the Cat just nuzzled my shin. It's good to have a cat around, and he seems to be the perfect fit for us. He is very tolerant of Geneva's "love." She likes to give him full-body hugs. Sigh. Such a funny, physical kid I have...

Just did 20 minutes on the rower. Every muscle in my body will be reminding me of it for a few days, I'm sure. Especially quads, shoulder, and serratus anterior... that's the biggie.

I'm getting my hair cut today, so now I need to roam around online for a good picture. I've been wanting to do the sideswept bangs thing for a while, just to be a little more interesting...

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#143 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 03:56 PM

Hi Reb. I peeked at your site. Very pretty. In a former life (before needing a regular paycheck for house and kids) I was a photographer. Shhhh. I don't have a digital system of my own. Most of the time I need to shoot my knitting photos using my camera phone. I really hope all turns out well for your little friend.

Quote:
recommendations needed. I am ISO a nice leather handbag for work, my pleather purchase for Target just isn't fitting the bill. Nice bags are expensive, so I thought I'd check out the sales. I like this one in purple, but it looks a little big. Does anyone have any shops or styles that they would recommend. Remember that this is basically for work/travel/going-out and I don't need to carry diapers or sippy cups or any of that sort of thing.

thanks for your help ladies!
I like the satchel style of handbag too. But honestly, I think it might be rather large, especially since you're NOT carrying diapers in it.

Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory (if you're near one) are great. For online shopping, have you looked at Endless?
#144 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 04:02 PM

Mandy - I third the TJ Maxx rec (they do allow those in VT don't they? ) I found a great tote there that is leather, stylish and I can fit in a dipe and a cup if needed...

Aurora - I love your goals, they are similar to mine this year too, except I'm not "officially" making any goals... so sort of to be more accepting of the flow of life and my place in it without trying to change myself or my situation, if that makes sense...

kdabbler - I love endless.com too! I've gotten several pairs of shoes there, they are super fast and have free shipping and returns..

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#145 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by towsonmama View Post
Oh yeah, I'm a SexyBack girl too. I can't help but say "Take it to the bridge" out loud while I'm running. I try to say it as goofy-sounding as he does.

mamabeth~That race looks cute. Are you going to wear red, black and polka dots?
Yes, I totally sing and gesture and dance while I run to this fun stuff. Especially to Mary J, JT, and the new Alicia Keys!

And I don't know about the polka dots! My friend and I are running it together and we'll need to have some fun costumes for sure. any ideas appreciated bc I'm not good at that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppywise View Post
just a quick post to say that i am very happy to hear this! i am struggling, as y'all know, to get past 3.5 and i am staring down a 13 mile race in a few months -eek!
Yes, I think it's true that 1 through 5 or 6 are the hardest, and then it's just getting used to the pounding and also going sloooow enough to finish strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicocj View Post
Megs - no Spinal Tap quotes??? That is my DHs fave of all of them!
My dh too..... "These go to eleven."

I like that bag, Mandy! But I have to agree that I will be getting the teensiest, cutest purses once ds finally gets out of dipes. I'm thinking 2010.

Hey Reb! I'm sorry it's rough for you right now. Anniversaries are really hard, esp around the holidays. check in more often, okay???

I have no rr to report today but am planning a 5-mile run tomorrow. It's dd's birthday and I think I can sneak it in if I go early. I made the cupcakes (yummy vegan ones!) and we're just ordering pizza, so I'm hoping it will be relatively low-maintenance (um, for a five year old girl party!).
#146 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 04:24 PM

OK, I need to just go back to bed.

I started out my afternoon run by dropping my garmin on the sidewalk and breaking the LCD screen on it....it's useless now.

Then I got 1.25 miles into my run and the kids flagged me down because middle dd stepped on a nail while they were playing out back. She was out by the driveway with a pool of blood on her foot. She is a tough cookie though.

I got her all cleaned up, and now we are waiting to go see the doctor. She is not vacinated and I am not brave enough to take her to the ER and be harassed. It bled pretty well, but I wouldn't mind getting her a shot of tetanus immunogobulin to make me feel better. We have a great pedi who is supportive of not vaxing so hopefully this will go smoothly. My only worry is that they won't have any TIG at the office and we will have to go to the ER anyway. :

I don't know how many more of this kid's medical issues I can deal with.

This is the same dd who has had thousands of dollars of dental work, all of the appointments for a tonsilectomy that never happened, caused me stress over a "bleeding disorder" that turned out to be nonexistent.....now this!
#147 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 04:49 PM

Po7~ mama!!!
#148 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 05:18 PM

oh Po7 -

thanks for the bag suggestions. I found one at endless.com that I liked and then found it much cheaper on Amazon. it's funny, I don't really like any of them though. these fancy bags aren't my style really. but, i feel i need certain things to get the respect that I need for my job.

now, lets see if the dingos can help with this. Do any of you TX mamas know Austin? I have to host a private party there in June and am looking for a recommendation for a restaurant/lounge near to the convention center for an upscale/schwanky party.
#149 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 05:26 PM

oh mandy, you lucky mama! bring your running gear and run along town lake which is right near the convenction center. where will you be staying??? i hope to be in austin then, so if i don't get to meet up with you in the Northeast, maybe in Austin??? I want to host a private party in austin.

how many people does it need to seat? i love bess (sandra bullock's restuarant) for dinner and lambert's is awesome for lunch. if it's super business-y, then you want to eat at the shoreline grill on the water where you can see the bats leave every night at dusk. it's a touristy thing to do, though, but is very popular. (mexican bats - largest colony in the us, or something like that) can i carry your new purse?

pm'ed you.

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#150 of 1284 Old 01-04-2008, 05:44 PM

po7~ I hope your day gets better!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page