Opinions on Total Gym vs. Knockoff? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-26-2008, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone?

we'd need the Total Gym XLS because of the higher weight limit. ut the knockoff has the same weight limit and is close to $800 less!

I'll be back later to add links. Kids in the bath

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2008, 01:20 PM

Well, I can't say enough good things about the Total Gym. We have several commercial grade TG's and have used them with our clients for years. LOVE them.

I have never seen or used the knock-offs, but I don't know that they could be that much different. It's a very simple mechanism. Really, just a pulley system. Did you look at any consumer reviews? I would start there. Also, make sure you are getting all the same attachments the TG has. It will be different for different models, but just make sure you are comparing apples to apples.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks we've decided to go with the Vigor fit because the other (Total Trainer) is too large when folded. I simply wanted a machine that was mobile and fun and I could use at home without waking the kids (the other equiptment is next to the kid's rooms and is loud and bulky, I also go to the gym but wanted something for home)

Thanks for your opinion. I'd get the real Total Gym but can't afford the high end one that I want. The low cost versions just don't hold enough weight.

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09

User Tag List