February Eat To Live Thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 95 Old 02-27-2008, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been sick this last week, so that means not so good on ETL and exercise. I am just hoping not to gain this week. I need to hit the grocery which is my biggest issue and then I can be stricter again. This works much better for me when I am strict. When I do 80/20 or whatever, it is easier for me to cheat overall. I guess I haven't done terribly today. I did have a smoothie for bkfst, but had some baked (organic) fries for lunch with some ketchup. Too much carb and salt but pretty lowfat, so I will just be really good for dinner. I don't want to screw up what I have done so far this year with weightloss.

Niki-I could see myself getting to the point that you are with it. I tend to be that way too with things. I just want to be able to eat out occasionally without guilting myself too much.

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

#92 of 95 Old 02-27-2008, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Natalya - I was really impressed by your insight into how you were approaching foods. That's the kind of thing that I never noticed myself, but can recognize now that I hear it. I think I get that way with breads. It's been a long time since I've eaten dairy and stuff but I'd guess I got that way with it, too.

Midwestmom - Yeah. I was supposed to go out for dinner with a high school friend who came out to visit, but my nerves made me wait so long that we couldn't get a reservation. I was so relieved! I ended up making an E2L dinner for us and he loved it anyway, so that was good, but.... Sidestepping the issue, you know? We're going on vacation, though, next week, and I'm not sure what's going to happen. I think I'm going to bring my blender. I guess we'll be eating a lot of fruit and salad with nuts as snacks. A hard thing will be washing lettuce in the hotel sink. I hope they have prewashed at the grocery.

When I'm sick, I feel it is even more important to eat mostly fruit and green veggies. A week and some ago, I had a terrible cold or something, coughing up phlegm and head cold and sore throat and fever and aches and blah! It lasted about a week once it took hold, and then my 9-month-old daughter got it. I completely lost my appetite, though, and couldn't imagine standing up and cooking. I dipped to a somewhat alarming 115 1/2 pounds (5'7.5"). I'm back up to 117 now, though, which is where I've been for a few weeks now, and feeling almost back to normal except a little tiredness. I haven't been to the gym since I got sick, though.

A belated welcome to all of the new and newly returning moms, and continued success to everyone else!!
#93 of 95 Old 02-28-2008, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Finally getting back into the swing of things. My husband has decided to eat better, so he's not bringing chips into the house anymore.

I had the nerve to get on the scale a few days ago, and I had regained six pounds, but I'm happy to say that after two days of strict ETL I've lost four of those pounds. I'm sure that was mostly, if not all, water weight from the high sodium foods I had been eating, but it's still motivating to see the number on the scale go down instead of up.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Oh yeah, I want to add that I completely understand the anxiety about going out to eat. I'm much more comfortable making my own food these days, but I hope I can relax more about it once I get down to my ideal weight.
#94 of 95 Old 03-04-2008, 04:42 PM

Weighing in at the one week mark...

Down 7 pounds!!!!

Yeah, but the cravings are still there...especially for diet dr pepper - I know it's yucky, but I love it anyway!
#95 of 95 Old 03-05-2008, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemomma View Post
Weighing in at the one week mark...

Down 7 pounds!!!!

Yeah, but the cravings are still there...especially for diet dr pepper - I know it's yucky, but I love it anyway!
Wow - 7 pounds is fantastic!

I lost all six pounds that I had gained and now I'm just hoping the last 10 pounds are as easy to lose.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page