Exercise I can safely do with a broken rib? - Mothering Forums
Fitness and Weight Management > Exercise I can safely do with a broken rib?
mamamilkers's Avatar mamamilkers 04:34 AM 02-10-2008
It's been three full weeks since I've really been able to do any sort of meaningful exercise. First I got the flu and was so sick I could barely do anything and then, then I broke my rib. I am so miserable. Before all of this I was exercising regularily, doing yoga, doing ab work every night and losing weight and feeling awesome.

My doc said to "rest as much as possible" which is just beyond vague. My rib has been causing me a good deal of pain for just over a week now and it might take three more weeks to heal At this point, I will exercise through the pain, but can I? What are some good things for me to be doing without causing myself even more harm?

abi&ben'smom's Avatar abi&ben'smom 02:26 PM 02-11-2008
I think the only exercise I would be doing is lifting the remote. What if you hurt yourself more? Relax. Rent a movie. Get a good book.
mamamilkers's Avatar mamamilkers 08:19 PM 02-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by abi&ben'smom View Post
I think the only exercise I would be doing is lifting the remote. What if you hurt yourself more? Relax. Rent a movie. Get a good book.

You're probably right. Sigh. I'm going to talk to my doctor tomorrow to get an expert opinion.
kate~mom's Avatar kate~mom 02:20 AM 02-12-2008
nada. i broke two ribs when i was in college and i couldn't do anything all summer. i was *ok by pre-season training, but probably only came out without another injury because i was young, stupid, and resiliant.
Up