Spring into Spring with the Dingoes - (March Thread) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to Spring. We are a group of walkers, woggers, joggers, runners, (skiers, swimmers, triathletes, yoginis and more) who are here for inspiration, motivation, commiseration ... you get the idea. Newbies come on in.

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#2 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quick post, even RR: I bought a new pair of running shoes on Monday, because I was feeling ready to start running again (pelvic floor doing better). Plus, I havent bought a new pair in, get this, 3 YEARS! Then Dh got sick and I lost my workouts for the week, so today, ta da, I ran 8 miles!! Wooottt. I just mapped it. I think I did somewhere in the 9 minute mile range, but it was hard to tell because I forgot to look at my watch when I started, and then I stopped for a pee break So, my first official run in ... 6 mos? With my new shoes, and my birthday in a week,and now I started the thread for the first time ever

Have a glorious day everyone!

Oh yeah, KOMBUCHA:
If anyone wants some scoby (gmm ?), pm me your address. Im sending it out monday overnight... I think I have enough for 2-3 people this round

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#3 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 04:00 PM

Coming out of the lurking room to sub for this month...
#4 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 04:05 PM

subbing this month also. I did C25k in 2007 (but I only got through week 6, even though we "ran" almost every week). IN Jan, I joined teh gym. I've been doing 30-60 min of cardio (mostly on teh elliptical) 6 days a week. I've done some running on the treadmill, and my old C25K buddy and I may do a 5K at the end or March.

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#5 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 04:13 PM

sub
#6 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 04:38 PM

Here's the race list. PM me if you'd like me to add something for you!

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

HBM, mamabeth, Mommabelle and DDs (?) - Atlanta Women's 5K - March 22
modmom - 8K - March
mamabeth - Cooper River Bridge Run 10K - April 5
JayGee - IU Circle of Life 5K - April 5
tjsmama - Platte River Half Marathon - April 6
Runningmommy - 15K - April 12
party_of_seven - Davy Crockett Bear Chase Marathon - April 12
VeganCupcake - SLC Half Marathon - April 19
CherylAnn - Wenatchee Half Marathon - April 20
2babybees - Dooby Du (duathlon) - April 20
towsonmama - Clyde's 10K - April 20
kate~mom - 112th Boston Marathon! - April 21
poppywise - Music City Half Marathon - April 26
Runningmommy - Indy Mini Marathon - May 3
its_our_family - Flying Pig 5K - May 3
mamabeth - Disney’s Women Run the World 15K - May 4
babybugmama and jgmommo - Flying Pig Half Marathon - May 4
Megs_BK - Bloomsday 12K - May 4
towsonmama - Frederick Half-Marathon - May 4
doctorjen & Balancin1 - Palos Bank Half Marathon - May 4
Megs_BK - Couer d'Alene Half Marathon (?) - May 25
tjsmama - Bolder Boulder Memorial Day 10K - May 26
modmom - 10 miler - May
grnmtnmama - Swimming Hole Sprint Triathalon - June 1
2babybees - Ann Arbor Tri - June 8
JayGee - Eagle Creek Sprint Triathlon - June 21
bec - half marathon - June
HBM & mamabeth - Peachtree Road Race (10K) - July 4
CherylAnn - Chelanman Multisport Weekend - half marathon July 19, sprint tri July 20
2babybees - Clark Lake Tri - July 20
tjsmama - Boulder Peak Triathlon - July 20
Kitsune6 - Northwest Passage Relay - July 25 & 26
JayGee - Indiana Downs Sprint Triathlon - August 3
2babybees - Sylvania Tri (international distance) - August 10
Megs_BK - WunderWoman Sprint Triathlon - August 17
JayGee - Accenture Chicago Triathlon (International Distance) - August 24
its_our_family - 99th Annual Thanksgiving Day Race (Cincinnati) - Nov 27

The Preggo Dingo List
eksmom - April 18
athansor
pumpkinseed - June 15
VeganCupcake - Sept 2
muppet729 - Sept 9

Dingo Recipe Blog - send me a PM with your email address if you'd like to be added so that you can post.

We also have a map so we can keep track of where everyone is located. You'll need to PM me for the info if you're interested.

And last but not least, we have a private Yahoo group. Submit a request to join and mention your MDC username in the request so we know who you are.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#7 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 04:41 PM

Hey Kate - Boston is coming right up...are you getting excited? that's also a Red Sox-Yankees weekend at Fenway, we have tickets to the game on Friday night.

ds is taking a little nap and i have to use this time to catch up on mtn bike event planning. talk to you guys later...
#8 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
#9 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 04:45 PM

RM - You have a race today!!!!!! I hope it was awesome!

subbing

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#10 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 04:47 PM

go RM!

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#11 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 04:54 PM

About the race list:

I didn't do such a great job of keeping up with races y'all may have posted about last month. Please please don't take it personally. Please keep bugging me and letting me know about your races - I want to get the list up to date!

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#12 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 04:56 PM

Subbing! Some one tell me to stop knitting and get my butt out the door for a run. But AF finally arrived (4 days late!) and I'm seriously crampy.

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#13 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 05:03 PM

Monica - the run will help with cramps. you'll forget about them for a little while at least.
#14 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 05:09 PM

Subbing... then changing to go out for a short run since the sun is out.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#15 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 06:09 PM

Lisa, you had a 10K today, right? How did it go???

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#16 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 06:30 PM

subbing

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#17 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post
Hey Kate - Boston is coming right up...are you getting excited? that's also a Red Sox-Yankees weekend at Fenway, we have tickets to the game on Friday night.

ds is taking a little nap and i have to use this time to catch up on mtn bike event planning. talk to you guys later...
very psyched! we're going up saturday morning, and staying through tuesday.

rr - ran 7 at pace this afternoon in ny - we're at my parents' this weekend again. i think being up here is good for the training since their neighborhood is SO hilly!
#18 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
subbing
Hey!! I've been wondering how you are doing. I'm very happy to see that egg baby moving up the week chart. Are you still running?

I got my butt out the door and ran 3 miles. Thanks, Mandy. I just barely beat the storm! Now I need to lift weights for back, then maybe I can some more.

#19 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 08:01 PM

Hey mamas!

CathToria, girl, you are EVERYWHERE! welcome to the Dingoes! the Atl list is growing, y'all.....

Monikita, thanks for the info about the map. I went to the Christine Kane site and it is so funny, I saw her in a bookstore about 10 years ago playing and singing from her first album and bought it on the spot! she's amazing.

Eks, I have a race next weekend, March 8 link here. thanks!

so ds puked last night, meaning it is indeed a virus. but this time....I have drugs at least for myself. but both of them have been totally fine during the day, so whatever. I saw HBM today and the family is recovering...not quite out of the woods but doing better. Keep the positive vibes coming.

take care mamas, happy March!
#20 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 09:16 PM

Subbing...

Concussion symptoms seem to have cleared up, but I've got a lovely case of whiplash. : Hopefully it's better tomorrow, or I'll be running 7 miles without moving my head! (through the snow, because wouldn't you know it's 72 right now, but here comes the cold front...)

And way late, but hope your race went well, Lisa!!!!

ETA: Holy crap, saskiasmom! Your first run was 8 miles at 9 minute pace?!?!! I have yet to hit 8, and I can barely run 1 mile at that pace! And I don't have a newborn! : WTG!

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#21 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 09:41 PM

I have a special needs lamb living in my bathroom (we have one bathroom), and two apparently healthy lambs were born in the barn a couple hours ago. I dh hit it for O'Hare just after noon. There are two ewes out there with very threatening udders.

Totally overwhelmed, and it took less than 5 hours.

And not a run in sight.
#22 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 09:53 PM

Why is it that post-childbirth my cramps are no longer in my lower abdomen, but instead my entire crotch (shooting for less descriptive here) feels like I've been kicked in the proverbial balls? It was never like this pre-motherhood.

Bless the lambs, and bless Jo!

#23 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 09:56 PM

I've wondered the same, Monica.

Jo, on the Dingo Commune, we'd be there helping out and bringing you dinner.

Jess, wow, woman! Take it easy, 'k? You've got a tiny newborn...

Me? I need advise. I'm interviewing for my dream job in a little more than a week: I went to get new clothes today. My suit is prekids vintage. I'm still the same size as prekids, but the size is in different places. I also have to replace my black shoes, since they lead to foot cramps by the end of the day (like, during my talk). I can't find black versions of my favorite brown shoes, but zappos recommends these as a replacement. Would they go with gray slacks and a black suit jacket for a geo-geek faculty interview?

DD: "Mommy, how big is a soy's nu-nus?"

(Nu-nu is this family's term for breasts. E now drinks soy and mommy milk.)
#24 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 10:14 PM

saskiasmom, Wow! I can't believe you just ran 8 miles like that!!! Wow! You Go! (and take it easy, too.)

eksmom, thank you so much for doing the list. i love to look at it every once in a while just for inspiration. it's a very inspirational list! thank you!

mamabeth, awwww man! ds is puking? i hope it's over quickly. how is HBM by the way?

tjsmama, so glad you're feeling better!

1jooj, as if the pedestal you're on could actually go any higher, it just, like, grew an extra foot tall. Wow! Mama. can't believe you've got 3 newborn lambs - 1 of which is special needs in your one & only bathroom, two kids of your own, and a dh on a plane. oh, yeah, plus you work outside the home. (I feel like I've done that before - the bowing, that is! ) Hope it's all going okay. i DO wish i could be there for assist.

Geo, those totally look like cool professional shoes. and i would NOT say geo-geek. they don't look geeky at all.

we have had non-stop snow the entire week. only run planned is catching a plane in the morning. will be back north in a couple of months. (maybe) and i will NOT go MIA!

Kerc,

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#25 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeth View Post
Hey mamas!

CathToria, girl, you are EVERYWHERE! welcome to the Dingoes! the Atl list is growing, y'all.....
You don;t care, do you? So, if I get into running, can I run the PTree with you and HBM??? I forgot that we talked about doing that years ago, LOL. I didn't miss teh application, did I? You gals are prob seeded though, right? I won;t even have a time to submitt. I ran a 5K in Oct (well I only ran 2 miles of it), but it was not a Ptree qualifer anyway. When I ran it prekids, a was a member of the ATC, to get an early Ptree entry with low number and for their no frills races. maybe I shoudl look into that again......

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#26 of 1077 Old 03-01-2008, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, first of all mamas, I have been riding pretty strong on the stationary bike for
a few weeks, and back before the bronchitis; um, November. Second, I said 9 minute RANGE, meaning 9:50 or something (I havent done the math, but I did 8 1/4 in 80 minutes and stopped to go to the bathroom at Wild Oats, so I dont know). Third, I have new shoes , and I hadnt been away from the kids in almost a week, so frankly, I didnt want to come home But yeah, I tend to overdo, and my knee is hurting, but Im not "planning" (ha ha, as if) another run until Thurs. Maybe Ill even swim tomorrow. Ive got my babysitter scheduled for a few hours this week, so Im happy just to have the guarantee of work-out time.

In other news, Im pretty sure we rented our house. We sent out amass email to all incoming and current residents in Emergency med. here on thursday, and got a call that night from a "second year" Dh knows and she had just learned that her landlord wants her out (selling the house) the exact date we want someone in! Kind of a big "to do" crossed off our list

ljooj - what loftmama said!!!!!!

#27 of 1077 Old 03-02-2008, 12:09 AM

geo - love the shoes - they would totally work. and your ds is hysterical.
#28 of 1077 Old 03-02-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonikitaUT View Post
Hey!! I've been wondering how you are doing. I'm very happy to see that egg baby moving up the week chart. Are you still running?
You were missed, too! I have been running just a tiny bit while waiting for my new, larger running bra to come. I was so sad to hear that you're dropping out of the marathon!

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#29 of 1077 Old 03-02-2008, 01:23 AM

Monica, I get the same feeling in the crotch-al region. I'm glad to know I'm not alone! I HATE those damn things. Ugh.

I am so darn congested. I think I have my left nostril cleared a bit, finally, but I was getting NOTHING through the neti pot. Not even a drip drip drip. Blork.

Anyway, I think I'm going to go re-cast-on for my anticipated nephew's sweater and watch silly TV.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#30 of 1077 Old 03-02-2008, 01:24 AM

Couldn't understand why there wasn't any posting since early this afternoon, and then I see there is a new thread.

saskiasmom, I remember back when you were on the thread long before, someone commenting on how you don't run for a while, and then all the sudden go for like an hour as if it were nothing. You go girl! Oh, and I might be up for a scoby your next go round. Do you also do kefir? I had some rockin water grains last year, and then I killed them with neglect. I am not ready to take on new pets until our kitchen remodel is done, but that should be soonish.

Speaking of pets, DH and DD2 were looking at rescue goldens tonight. Now DH is writing to them inquire about one. We said we wouldn't get one til the kitchen is done, but he looked at pictures....

Last big non rr news: DD1 swam under water! I didn't get to see it as DH took them yesterday. Up until now she has NOT wanted to get her face wet. And now all of the sudden she does it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page