Help! Losing weight in breasts! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-23-2008, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there! I have recently started on a pretty low carb diet, because this is how I need to eat to feel well. I really am addicted to carbs and have a family history of diabetes. I am not overweight, but I want to lose ten pounds. I just feel better when I don't eat grains, when eat a higher protein diet, mostly a Traditional Foods diet. I have more energy, no bloating, it is a huge difference in how I feel. I also have some cavities that I am trying to heal, and so that factors into eating this way too. Anyway, I started out on a sort of Atkins-ish diet to start just to break my sugar addiction. And it really works. But the problem is that I lost several pounds kiind of quickly, of course, and I am losing it in my breasts!! Not even in my stomach really, which is where I usually lose it when I first go back to this kind of diet.

What can I do?? I want it to stop! Aacck, LOL! They are shrinking even more! After nursing for umpteen years they are already pretty ragged! Can anybody help them before they shrivel away??

One drawback is that I am allergic to dairy! So I can't do cheese, yogurt, etc.
#2 of 11 Old 05-23-2008, 10:36 AM

I don't think cheese or dairy will help your breasts.

Because breasts are primarily fat tissue this is often where it will go first. It does for me but it's not as noticeable because I lose proportionately so I still have large breasts.

When we lose fat we really have no say over where it comes off first unfortunately. If that were the case I'd have a nice round bum and a very flat tummy...and the opposite is actually true

Just try to tone up the underlying muscles..that's the best that can be done non-surgically I would think.

If someone has a better answer I'd love to know as well
#3 of 11 Old 05-23-2008, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! So, when you say you lose proportionately, how do you do that? Is it just inevitable that I will lose fat in my breasts? Because I am cutting out a lot of carbs, my body probably is kicking into fat burning mode, so that's where it's burning right now! I feel like maybe I should stop, but I really feel so much better when I eat lower carb, and I am trying to heal some cavities too.

Thanks for replying! If anyone else has any advice, please send it my way!
#4 of 11 Old 05-23-2008, 02:27 PM

Yeah, nothing you can do about it. You will naturally lose fat from wherever you have it, and in general they say that abdominal fat comes off faster than legs, etc. If you continue to lose weight, you'll lose it all over as well. You can also firm and tone your body so that your boobs look bigger, but really there's not a whole lot you can do!

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#5 of 11 Old 05-23-2008, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Okay! I guess I was worried that the way I was losing weight was making it worse (meaning if I lost weight more slowly, or only by exercising instead of by food changes). I don't need or want to lose weight all that quickly, it's just sort of how it has gone this first week without all the bread, frozen treats, bananas, etc, that I typically inhale!
#6 of 11 Old 05-24-2008, 12:00 AM

My boobs are always the first thing to go. I hate that! I wish I could lose weight and keep my boobs the same size lol. Oh well, I guess I would rather be skinny with small boobs than chubby with big boobs!

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

#7 of 11 Old 05-24-2008, 12:08 AM

this is normal..if breasts grew b/c of cheese or dairy they woldn't be the smallest part of my body.

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#8 of 11 Old 05-24-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmine View Post
Thanks! So, when you say you lose proportionately, how do you do that?

There is no trick...I lose all over at once whereas some people will lose their belly first and not have a noticeable change in waist measurement for example. I just lose all over at once so my waist goes down as do my breast size but I still look very busty because I am so big to start with.

I have a friend who is pear shaped..when she lost weight she lost in her bust first and by the time she lost a great deal she was very small busted. But she wasn't that big to start.

When she was at her heaviest she still looked way smaller than me in pictures if we were sitting because I was so large on top and she was so small

We are all different. I don't think it matters how you lose. As long as it's healthy and you are not losing muscle mass too.

Take it slow.
#9 of 11 Old 05-24-2008, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I lose weight on top (belly, breasts, face) first no matter what kind of diet I'm eating. I did Atkins years ago, and that's where I lost weight first. Now I eat a very high carb diet - but no sugar or processed grains - and that's still where I lost weight first. The last place I lose is always my hips and thighs, no matter what.
#10 of 11 Old 05-24-2008, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! Okay, I'm not going to sweat it then. Sounds like that's just my body type! I will choose being healthy any day!
#11 of 11 Old 05-27-2008, 09:41 AM

good choice

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page