June dingoes runnin' in the sun! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-03-2008, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeth View Post
Yes, Jenlove, I knew you had been scarce around here so I was wondering, but I am nowhere near the chief stalker (Geo, how did you not find her post in TTC???). do you have an EDD yet or did I miss it?
I only stalk 'em on the way out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sycophants... ah the good old days when I was studying Latin and it's derivitives. I actually Latin.

I have a job interview for a job I really want today. I really hope it goes well. If I get it, we may go with an au pair. Has anyone gone that route?

rr: ran 7 yesterday. I felt great. I had a serious headwind when I got down by the beach, but still styed in my moderate range at 7:58 miles. Speedwork tonight... whic I actually think is fun.

I think I am addicted to running. I hate to take a day off and am in a horrible mood when I do. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 06-03-2008, 11:34 AM

SugarAndSun - is it a full time job? good luck today! I knew some folks that had an au pair, but it was a few years before our kiddo so i didn't really pay attention.

JenLove - i was totally stalking TTC forums to see if you had anything going on, it's all very exciting.

tonight is my night to mtn bike, and of course they're predicting rain to start by this evening afternoon. i'm not that keen on riding in the rain on our trails, too many roots and rocks for me to feel secure.

two weeks until I have to leave for our big tradeshow. it's year #3 for me and this year feels a lot less hectic than other years. maybe it's experience, maybe it's because we're not doing anything crazy-new - or maybe it 's because i'm just biding my time hoping to work for the bike shop soon. in any case i'm liking the feeling. I'm off to Austin for the show, but will miss Lofty by about 4 days maybe I'll hang out with Lance instead
Old 06-03-2008, 06:12 PM

My interview didn't go well... I don't really have a lot of the things they are looking for. Most of my experience is in a different area. Oh well. I really hope I get a job before fall. Otherwise I am doomed because obviously all the teaching jobs are gone by then. I am really starting to wish I never quit my job after my maternity leave.

DH is biking a ton. His shortest rides are like 2 hours. This is making running really stressful. I'm starting to wonder if it is worth it. I may drop my race goals and just run whenever to avoid the stress.

I actually really feel like smoking today. I have not smoked a cigarette in almost ten years, but I am actually having a hard time fighting the urge.

Sorry to be a downer on the thread.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:18 PM

S&S ~ sorry your interview didn't go as well as you'd hoped. What kind of job are you looking for? You sound like you need a today anyway. And step away from the cigarette!!!!!

We've been having waves of thunderstorms all day, including at least one tornado siren ! The Y pool was closed due to lightning, so no swim for me. I ended up doing 30 minutes on the elliptical, and 30 more minutes running on the treadmill. I'm totally exhausted right now, and just brewed a pot of coffee to hopefully perk me up a little. I really need to get to bed earlier.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
Old 06-03-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarAndSun View Post
sycophants... ah the good old days when I was studying Latin and it's derivitives. I actually Latin.
me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarAndSun View Post
I have a job interview for a job I really want today.
I hope it goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post
I'm off to Austin for the show, but will miss Lofty by about 4 days maybe I'll hang out with Lance instead
Did i miss where Lofty is headed now?

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
Old 06-03-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
S&S ~ sorry your interview didn't go as well as you'd hoped. What kind of job are you looking for? You sound like you need a today anyway. And step away from the cigarette!!!!!
: You'll find something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
I'm totally exhausted right now, and just brewed a pot of coffee to hopefully perk me up a little. I really need to get to bed earlier.
Somehow coffee after lunch does not equate with me getting to bed earlier.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
Old 06-03-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerc View Post

Did i miss where Lofty is headed now?
She didn't say, I didn't press her for info. hope things are okay for her and the family.

still super gloomy out here. not really feeling like riding tonight and dh has a ton of work to catch up on at the shop. but at the moment it's not actively raining.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerc View Post
: Somehow coffee after lunch does not equate with me getting to bed earlier.
I know, I know .

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
Old 06-03-2008, 07:24 PM

S&S-sorry your interview didn't go well.

Mandy-I hope the weather clears up :

I did an hour of sculpt class then 30 minutes on the treadmill. Ouch, but in a good way.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
Old 06-03-2008, 07:42 PM

My dog died. I got her when I graduated from college and she lived with me in the city for five years then moved to suburbia when dh and I bought our first house. She went to live with my parents a couple of years ago because she was a big, protective doberman and not a great match for three little kids. She's been having lots of bowel problems and recently started tripping on the steps. My parents took her into the vet today and he said she had severe spinal problems and was in a lot of pain. He put her to sleep.

I wish I could have said goodbye.

Sadie.

Mama to three crazy, wonderful kiddos: dd1--12/2002, dd2--3/2005, and ds--3/2006

Old 06-03-2008, 07:46 PM

Awww, Sadie. I'm so sorry to hear about your doggie. s
Old 06-03-2008, 07:46 PM

Oh Towsonmama, I am so sorry.
RIP Sadie

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
Old 06-03-2008, 07:58 PM

Sadie Towsonmama, I'm sorry for your loss, it sucks that you didn't get to say goodbye.

S&S - Step away from the cigarette woman! You don't need to go there. In fact you don't want to go there either! Sorry that the interview wasn't awesome, but that probably means you need to wait a little longer for a better fit.

Who mentioned coffee? You sparked a craving out here. Now I've got my first real homemade cup of cap from my thrift store espresso maker. It's not bad at all!

Last night's Taekwondo class was fun (I was again thinking of Megs and Po7 since we have to answer Yes SIR! to everything ) Today I am sore, it feels great! A good way to start a new year!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

Old 06-03-2008, 08:51 PM

i'm so sorry karyn

plady - have you heard from lofty? hope she's doing well.

s+s - sorry about the interview. something else is waiting in the wings i hope!

kerc - how did the boden suits fit?

i get to meet mamabeth tomorrow! we're headed to chattanooga for a little dingo meetup. sweet.

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

Old 06-03-2008, 09:19 PM

I'm so excited to be running again! I gave birth to my second baby on 5/2. I started running last week and have worked up to running 3 miles again. My goal is to do a half marathon around the end of the summer but I need to see which ones are in my area.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:28 PM

sugarandsun~ I'm sorry your interview didn't go well, but it just means that there's a much better job waiting out there for you! And seriously, step AWAY from the cigarettes. Think about how much you love running. Then think about how much harder it is when you smoke...not being able to breathe, hacking while you're trying to run. Just DON'T DO IT!!!!

towson~ Sadie I'm so sorry. It's SO hard when beloved pets pass on. For as much as Baxter drives me absolutely crazy sometimes, I just can't bear the thought of him not being around and snuggling with me at night.

What a crazy, ridiculous day I have had. Well, actually, I guess it started last night.
1) I get a call last night from the dry cleaners because they forgot to give me two pairs of STBX's pants when I picked up the dry cleaning. Um, yeah, except that *I* did not pick up his dry cleaning, obviously. : Guessing that means either he's on-again with the non-girlfriend or she's just his total and complete doormat. Either way, it was annoying.
2) Another board that I'm a mod on has a mini-revolution going on, complete with two disgruntled (for little to no good reason) members starting their own board in direct competition with the original board and spamming the membership to get them to join their new board. (sidenote: the new board does not have a chance in hell...it's designed so poorly that it quite honestly hurts my eyes to look at). So, we've been trying to keep an eye on them and do damage control for the last 24 hours.
3) Car dealer hassles. Ugh. Took the car in for oil change this morning. They owed me a free detail, so the plan was to leave the car there and DS and I were going to bike for the 2 hours it was supposed to take. We finished our bike ride and were hanging out at the park next to the dealership. At 3 hours after drop-off, I called them to see what the deal was, only to find out it was going to be another hour! : If I had known at 2 hours, I could have just ridden home and hung out for awhile, but it takes 20 minutes to get home from where we are so there was no point in going home for 20 minutes. DS was getting cranky and hungry, since I hadn't thought to pack lunch. Good thing he apparently likes Berry Blast powerbars. Got back to the dealership and they were just finishing up the detail, so they let me start loading up the trailer and bike while they were doing that. They had taken the carseat out to vacuum and were having some issues getting it back in, so I went to do it myself. Apparently at some point between them taking it out and putting it back in, the seatbelt automatic locking retractor thingy broke and wasn't locking. So, I had to install the carseat outboard instead of in the center and take the car back in on Thursday (and leave it. again.) so they can replace the seatbelt. : : :

Ok, enough of my rant...sorry 'bout that...

rr~Got 20 miles in on the bike pulling DS, so that's not too bad. The second half of the ride was way slow, though, so I didn't really feel like I was getting much of a workout.

I finally get to go back to track tomorrow! : I've missed the last two weeks since they switched to 6 am and I didn't have a babysitter, but I've got a very nice 14 year old boy coming over in the morning. I'm a little scared...I feel like I haven't done a speed workout in FOREVER, so I know it's going to kick my a$$! But in a good way, right?!

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

Old 06-03-2008, 10:12 PM

I just saw this comic and it made me laugh out loud, so I thought I would share it with my dingo sisters!

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

Old 06-03-2008, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Gaye that gave me a good giggle

So I did 7 this morning. Four with M (16 y old I'm working with). We did quarter repeats. I had her hit 2 at 1:40, 2 at 135 (she did 1:34 both times), 1 at 1:30 and then the last one was supposed to be whatever she could do. She had a goal of beating 1:25 (her fastest time). Well she didn't make it, and did another 1:30. She was so irritated she asked to do another quarter. My legs were spent, but how could I say no? So we hit another quarter, she did 1:27. She was so aggravated, but recognized that after 6 quarters that was a good time. I dropped her off and did an additional 3. I got a really bad stitch though with two miles to go. So I just slowed down.

towson - I'm so sorry. I had my honey dog for 17 years and I was a mess for a really long time after she passed away

S&S I hope you had the strength to keep away from the sticks. I'm sorry it hit you so hard. I know my sister who quit a long time ago says she still has dreams where she's smoking and will wake up feeling guilty. She also talks of still occasionally having wicked cravings.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:01 PM
bec

Towson - I'm so sorry. RIP Sadie

So, I got in 8 miles on Sunday. I'm glad I did, because, while I was planning on 2 short runs this week (like 2-3 miles), I haven't done any because: I got a blister on my little toe, I am catching a cold, my period started. To top that all off, my DH's grandmother is dying, and he's flying out of town to make his goodbyes and support his family. He says he's going to be back in time for the race, but, of course, if he needs to stay, he needs to stay.

On the bright side, I think the toe is healing (I've done everything I can for it), my period should be done (or nearly done) by race day, and I'm hoping to be feeling better by then, and DH will hopefully be home (if not, I'm sure I can find baby-sitting). I'm hoping this was just a flushing of bad karma from my system (karmic enema, if you will), and it means I'll have a rockin race on Sunday.

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:02 PM

Hi Dingos!
Just wanted to give you an update since I have not been around. I had an appt yesterday and I am 5 cm 75% effaced and -1...so I am just waiting.
I have horrible hip/sacral pain for the past 9 days-I can barely walk-it is agony. I have to take lying down breaks throughout the day in order to relieve myself of pain. I thought it would be gone by now-9 days? This is crazy! Anybody have any ideas? HBM did you have this??? Or was it something else? I cant even go up and down the stairs-and can barely walk.

Anyway-other than that just trying to get my small diaper stash finished! I do mainly prefolds-but dh hates them-and so I want some fitteds for him. Anyone have any suggestions for a relatively inexpensive fitted that is absorbant. I don't want Kissaluvs since I have heard reviews of love or hate-that they either work or babies pee right out of them. K was a super soaker so I am going with the assumption that this one will be the same. Something in that price range would be great though.

Congrats JenLove
Old 06-03-2008, 11:27 PM

Catching up on the new month...

CONGRATULATIONS JENLOVE!!!! (I saw it first on the Ravelry Dingos board! )

I actually have RR to report for a change! I did 50 min on the trail yesterday, then rode my bike to and from work today. Hip is doing great. The trail running is nearly killing me, because there's no such thing as a gentle incline around here, but my aerobic capacity is coming back quickly!

towsonmama on the loss of your pet.

DrJen, did I read "no call for the month of June"? Whoohoo!

Pumpkinseed, I have a HUGE stash of fitteds that I've never gotten around to giving away or selling. Let me look through them and I'll see what I have. Tell that baby to get off your sacrum, lol!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:53 PM

Towsonmama, for you... Sadie

Pumpkinseed, I agree about the Kissaluvs. I now know for sure that EK wasn't a supersoaker because G is the definition of one. He got a little use out of the one Kissaluvs we have, but started to drench it quickly before he actually grew out of it. My favorite has been the ME Sandy's XS - fits great and is absorbant - and also Little Beetles... they are a bit bulky on him at this stage of the game but are definitely absorbant. Those two are probably more costly than the Kissaluvs, though. You might look into Loveybums, too - they are another of my faves and may be a little cheaper.

S&S big hugs to you... stay away from the smokes!

Thinking of Lofty...

And Moonshine... where are you Moonshine???

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

Old 06-03-2008, 11:56 PM

Pumpkinseed -- ooh, I'm sorry to hear about your SI pain. We just heard a guest lecture on pelvic pain last week, actually -- that PT works with women all the time in this situation. She really believes in a trochanter belt (the narrow-ish, stiff belts with velcro ends that you place around your hips just below your ASIS [anterior superior iliac spines, or the really poky parts of your pelvic girdle that point forward -- find someone to find them for you if in doubt!] A belt in conjunction with gentle pelvic stabilizing exercises is a good way to go, but the belt alone may give you some good relief for now in load-bearing activities like walking. Then you can add the stabilizing exercises when you feel ready, or after the baby comes. You may deal with this to some degree as long as you are lactating. For me, it took about 4 weeks to resolve(ish). If you can get into a women's health PT quickly, they will really be able to help and show you the proper placement for the belt and the right exercises.

HTH!

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:08 AM

Thanks for all the encouragement. Weird about the cigarettes. As I said I haven't smoked on in over ten years.

Anyway, I headed to the track instead. I did seven 1/4 miles in well under 1:30. I did most of them around a 5:39 pace.

I feel so much better.

I have another interview tomorrow at a high school, which is more in line with my experience.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:09 AM

Thanks for all the encouragement. Weird about the cigarettes. As I said I haven't smoked on in over ten years.

Anyway, I headed to the track instead. I did seven 1/4 miles in well under 1:30. I did them around a 5:20-5:40 pace.

I feel so much better.

I have another interview tomorrow at a high school, which is more in line with my experience.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:32 AM

Towsonmama ~

Taosmama ~ Wow the news has spread huh? Is Monica active there? I sure do miss her around here.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

Old 06-04-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLove View Post
Taosmama ~ Wow the news has spread huh? Is Monica active there? I sure do miss her around here.
yeah, i did it. mainly because monikita and cheryl ann are often over there and not so much over here - i thought they'd want to know. hope you don't mind.:

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

Old 06-04-2008, 01:25 AM

poppywise- am I just slow or oblivious? Is the Madam Ovary new or you have had it for a while?

Had swim class today. Great improvement in turns and rotary breathing. Started learning breast stroke, just so I have a second rescue stroke as a just in case. It also gives me a change up to use when doing drills. However, in all the discussion of technique I didn't get much of a workout.

Plan for tomorrow: bike to the Y, swim workout, and bike home.
Meet long lost brother for lunch before he flies back to Boulder.
If the storms hold off for tomorrow might do a longer bike ride in the evening.

Good vibes to all the dingos. Hope all this awful stuff ends soon.
DrJen: no call for a whole month- Woo Hoo! last month was crazy for me and I am enjoying the lull before the late June/then July babies start.

Linda

Wife, mother, midwife, triathlete
Old 06-04-2008, 01:31 AM

Pumpkinseed, I'm facing the same problem. Megs, I appreciate your suggestions, too. I just ordered one of those belts tonight. Mothercat also suggested a book with exercises for stabilizing the pelvis called Relieving Pelvic Pain During and After Pregnancy which seems to deal with chronic pelvic instability (which I know I must have, given my past running injuries etc.), but it hasn't arrived yet. I'm almost camped out at the mailbox, panting, waiting for it.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

User Tag List