June dingoes runnin' in the sun! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 01:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybugmama View Post
I was getting a lot of looks, you know, those kind of looks? I have to admit in my head I was saying, "really?" I'm looking pretty rough, seriously! I haven't brushed my hair in two days bc dd lost the brush so it's up in a rough pony. Very tired tank - like holey!! And shorts that are too big...Yeah maybe I was misinterpreting the looks.
Oh yeah, I know the looks!

Towson - : That's supposed to look like cool good vibes btw!

So we went to the library's Mommy/baby hang-out time and it was amazing! There must have been 15 moms and probably 20+ kids.
Then later there was this family music class which was a ball (an irony free zone though which made dh feel a little itchy) and then we were invited to a potluck at one families house and everyone there was super nice with a bunch of little kids all around a year old. So that was awesome. For me. And the girls. But dh is freaking. out. He's not feeling the island love! He's getting all depressed and claustrophobic feeling and just wigging about being trapped! I'm kind of worried. He's prone to SAD so we knew it was a bit of a gamble coming to the PNW but the past week has been most gray windy and rainy and he's really freaking. Please send calming dingo vibes this way if you have any to spare after sending ones in Towsonmama's direction!
Okay, better go take charge of bedtime. :

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#122 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 09:09 AM

Plady - i'm sorry, it sounds like a really cool community. i hope your dh can come around. sometimes my dh manifests anxiety in that sort of way and it really sucks.

Here's the sign. I it.

S&S - I'm in VT. I'm not that into racing and dh just does a handful of events each year. we tend to be pretty busy keeping the shop open.

aero bars scare me. nothing looks solid or steady about that position to me. you guys are very brave.
#123 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 09:50 AM

towsonmama It will turn around I really feel for you.

I wanted to report my first early run for the summer. I knew that the only way to keep up my running with the kids home and the temps was to get up early and get at it. Today is the first day of summer vacation and I did it. It was not too early 7 a.m. I had a good 3+ miles. I am so excited that I did it. I hope to do 3 runs of 3-5 miles during the week and get long one in on the weekends. My dh is signing us up for an 8k on Fathers Day. That will help keep im inspired for sure.
#124 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 09:58 AM

I woke up with a cluster headache this morning...the same one I had last night. Ate some advil for breakfast! Yum!

Skipping my planned workout this morning and doing an easy walk instead.
I did a tough tough workout yesterday and I'm so sore!

towson! It has to get better! Hugs!

Plady..darn SAD is some wierd stuff. I had that when I lived in Germany..I didn't know what it was! The island sounds so cool! Hope it all works out!!!!

moonshine..HI!!! Good to see you!
#125 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 10:48 AM

towson - sending cooling, job-like vibes your way too!
Plady - do you think it is SAD affecting your DH, or is he just an introvert who spent too much time around a lot of people? I could see all of those community activities making me want to crawl into a cave for a little while, depending on my general state of mind......
grnmtn - I checked out the bike store blog and it's awesome! I want a cyclocross bike now. I have a road bike, but it IS scary riding it on VT roads - too many bumps, potholes, and nevermind the dirt! Can I just get wider tires for my road bike? (I also have a mountain bike, but that's soooo slow on the road.)

I did 3 slow miles yesterday on the TM - better than nothing! I'm hoping for another 3-4 today, though I will have to do it on the TM or in the rain.

A writer/runner/thinker/wife with two daughters (11/02 and 8/05), one dog, three cats, seven fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... in Vermont.
#126 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy926 View Post
grnmtn - I checked out the bike store blog and it's awesome! I want a cyclocross bike now. I have a road bike, but it IS scary riding it on VT roads - too many bumps, potholes, and nevermind the dirt! Can I just get wider tires for my road bike? (I also have a mountain bike, but that's soooo slow on the road.)
maybe you could get wider tires depending what is on there now, but most road bikes can't accommodate them. it's a huge difference, i'm so much more confident on the cross bike than i ever was on the road bike. you can get slick tires for your mountain bike which will help it go faster, but it will never fly like a road bike does.

so i got these really cool pannier bags for my cross bike so i don't have to ride with a messenger bag. and we tried to install them last night and they totally don't work on my little 46cm frame. bigger frames only. i'm so because they don't work and because they weren't cheap!
#127 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 11:09 AM

Hi mamas. I have been seriously thinking of returning to my running or biking or both. Doesn't mean that it is going to happen today, but it is a good sign for me.

Actually, today will be clean-up-the-catastrophe-of-my-house kind of day. DD1 has field day today. After looking high and low for the permission slip, I found it this morning after DH had already taken her to school. I found it as I was looking in every conceivable place to locate the puppy's papers to take her to the vet for her long-overdue last round of shots, so that we can then get her fixed. I canceled the appointment and DH left for work in a fit of stress. I don't feel like we are so irresponsible, but I guess just highly disorganized? Anyway, I am off to clean like a mad woman.
#128 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
dd is back to school but still on the low energy side. After being so sick, I am not surprised.

The day before yesterday my furnace came on. Today it is 31C - I think that is high 80's in F and really humid. The hearth around the wood stove is wet because of the sudden humidity - I have never seen that happen before! I think I will stick to walking today. Running in this when I am so run down is practically begging for an asthma attack

Please keep me in your thoughts this weekend, Dingoes. My in-laws are coming to visit and I am not looking forward to it. We last saw them in the fall and they are still mad that I took time out from our visit (not that they were actually speaking to me much, anyway) to go visit Jo. Who holds onto a grudge like that for nine months??? I am having a hard time getting in the right head and heart space to welcome them, and they will be arriving any time now. Maybe I will go spend some time with my mother while they are here because I always get a stomach ache when I am around them - they do not like me. They would never dream of coming to the nursing home with me, so, as dh loves to say, this is a situation where I can feed two birds with one piece of bread (gotta love that man's commitment to non-violence )
#129 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy926 View Post
Plady - do you think it is SAD affecting your DH, or is he just an introvert who spent too much time around a lot of people? I could see all of those community activities making me want to crawl into a cave for a little while, depending on my general state of mind.....
Well, that would definitely be a possibility if it had only started yesterday but unfortunately it started about two weeks ago and has just been getting worse and worse. Yesterday I thought he might cry. But he's been working alone in the house at his desk in the mornings and then working around the house in the afternoons and not seeing anyone but me and the kids. So I think he needs to get out and meet a friend and maybe get involved in something that's not about him and me and the house. But I know it can be hard to find that spark when depression is weighing you down and every bad thing or difficult thing just seems magnified.

One slightly scary thing happened yesterday that has me a little freaked too though. One of the nice women I met said, "Wow! You bought that house! We had peeked inthe windows and thought it had great potential but the stickers scared us off" I said, "What stickers?" And she said, "The ones warning people not to go inside because of the hazardous mold in it. You didn't see those? They were on every window when we looked at it." Me, "Hmm, we saw some mold but there were no stickers when we got there!
So now I have *almost certainly* psychosomatic symtoms of mold intolerance. But at least we know what has to be at the top of the to-do list, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantimama View Post
Please keep me in your thoughts this weekend, Dingoes. My in-laws are coming to visit and I am not looking forward to it. - as dh loves to say, this is a situation where I can feed two birds with one piece of bread (gotta love that man's commitment to non-violence )
I hope it isn't as bad as you fear. I love your husband's spin on that old saying! That is incredible. What a guy!

Mandy - That sign is great! The shop looks incredible too. I can't wait to spend a little time checking out your site.

#130 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
One slightly scary thing happened yesterday that has me a little freaked too though. One of the nice women I met said, "Wow! You bought that house! We had peeked inthe windows and thought it had great potential but the stickers scared us off" I said, "What stickers?" And she said, "The ones warning people not to go inside because of the hazardous mold in it. You didn't see those? They were on every window when we looked at it." Me, "Hmm, we saw some mold but there were no stickers when we got there!
So now I have *almost certainly* psychosomatic symtoms of mold intolerance. But at least we know what has to be at the top of the to-do list, again.
Holy crap! I would be seriously freaked out! Shouldn't that have been on the disclosure? Yikes!

Mandy-I love the sign.

Shanti-Ugh. Hang in there. I can't imagine my IL's staying with us.

I did Zumba and some weights today. Planning 6 with dh tomorrow.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#131 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy View Post
Holy crap! I would be seriously freaked out! Shouldn't that have been on the disclosure? Yikes!
Yeah, except that in order to help our super lowball offer along we made it with no inspection required. So maybe now we know why they finally took so much less than their asking price.

#132 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 01:34 PM

Plady! That would freak me out as well.

Mandy ~ your sign is AWESOME! And I love your new cyclocross bike too. Sorry the panniers aren't working out. Can you return/exchange them?

moonshine ~ come on out and run or ride! You know you'll loooooove it! And if it makes you feel any better, my house is totally disorganized too .

I ran 4 hot, sweaty, humid, slow miles on the cinder trail this morning. Must go shower.....

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#133 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 02:33 PM
bec

Wow, it has been a week. DH's grandmother has passed. It was peaceful and she was in no pain. And she was surrounded by her family. He flies home this evening. We have really missed him the last few days.

In good running news, I picked up my race packet yesterday, bought some gels, and am getting psyched for the race. I have started concentrating on my hydration to make sure I'm well hydrated. Especially considering that my sleep has not been good the last few nights, and Abby has woken up around 5-5:30 every morning. It's supposed to be hot on Sunday, but I'm hoping it won't be real steamy at race time.

On the downside, I have gained 3-4 pounds in the last few weeks.: I'm going to be focusing on that after Sunday!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#134 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 04:27 PM

bec ~ Sorry for your loss.

Plady ~ Oh my! We didn't do an inspection on our house either... and we had to learn the hard way about leaks and stuff. Live and learn, I guess. You will be in my thoughts though. Good luck with everything!

grnmtnmama ~ The sign looks fab!

I found out today that running with dreads is hot. Haha! Doesn't help that it's 80 and humid either. I knew it was warm when my pup was lagging behind. She is fast asleep in front of the door all sprawled out now. I'm thinking about doing some light yoga just because it sounds so good.

DH is out of town doing his camp counselor gig for the next 5 weeks. Wow, it was hard saying goodbye last night. I think fatherhood is setting in because he kept asking if I'd be okay and he didn't want to go either I don't think.

I'm having my parents over for supper because I was craving sloppy joes and didn't want to make a whole bunch for just me. It gave me a good excuse to make brownies for dessert too.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#135 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 05:33 PM

I am SO tired. I feel like I haven't had any downtime in WEEKS, and it's not going to get better in the foreseeable future! I started looking forward to our trip next week just for the sheer idea of having grandmothers to watch DS so I can do some "me" things. Which I desperately need since my Oly tri is now SIX weeks away. : I think all my alone time is going to be dedicated to running, swimming, and biking (if I can find a spin class to go to).

I feel like a lazy, lazy slob. I was super sore Wednesday night and yesterday, which is really weird since I only had a light pre-race workout at track on Wednesday. I haven't been that sore (hips) since I first started PT. So I used that as an excuse to not do anything except PT yesterday, then today is a scheduled off-day because of the race tomorrow. Sunday will be an off-day post-race, and Tuesday will be a forced off-day because we're traveling. Probably won't be able to do anything Friday or Saturday either due to family commitments. Blork. How am I freaking supposed to train for this triathlon? I may just be last (assuming I can finish).

Really not feeling prepared for tomorrow's race. I know I'll be ok, but I just feel so scattered and unready. Hopefully getting my race packet tonight and attending the info meeting will help. Knowing what time my wave goes off should definitely help! SO annoying that you don't find out until the evening before!

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#136 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 05:42 PM

OMG!! DD1 was kicking the puppy out of their room, and said, in perfect Brooklynese, gedouddaheer. Said like fugedaboudit. Too funny.

Back to cleaning...
#137 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 05:59 PM

OH..I need to clean my house too! I better get started. Sounds like a perfectly fun thing to do on Friday night!

Moonshine..my ds is friends with a little boy whose family is from Brooklyn..I love to go out for lunch with her..it totally gives me the giggles! She sounds so tough and drops the F bomb at least once a sentence, but she's a real softie at heart.

Ok..I really need to quit procrastinating and get up and clean.
#138 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 06:20 PM

I've been cleaning on and off all day. Since DH is gone to camp, I figured I could have a clean house for 5 weeks.

#139 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 06:25 PM

It must be cleaning day. I'm taking a quick minute to check in then back to more. :
Moonshine-I'm so glad to see you!

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#140 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 08:59 PM

Today is definitely a cleaning day! We've started on the mold. We knew there was some in the house because we could see patches of it but we would have been more concerned if we knew there had been warning stickers on the windows yk?

Anyway, it was a roll of the dice. We figured they'd only look at our offer if we let them off the hook on inspections so....

Moonshine -

Tjsmama - You'll do fine, and even if you were to come in last (which I know won't happen) you're still ahead of everyone who didn't even start! Right? Right!!!

#141 of 752 Old 06-06-2008, 11:12 PM

plady - good luck with the mold. scary, yes, but at least you know now and can crisis manage. btw it sounds like you are having a lot of fun! i hope your dh can come to love it at as well, it is such a great place.

hey y'all - check out the pic of me and mamabeth! you can see that it was literally high noon-ish because the shadow cast on my face from the BRIGHT sun above makes it look like i have a goatee!

mb and me pic

really hoping to run in the outdoors over the weekend. allergies, be damned.

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#142 of 752 Old 06-07-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
Tjsmama - You'll do fine, and even if you were to come in last (which I know won't happen) you're still ahead of everyone who didn't even start! Right? Right!!!
You are SO right! One of my good friends always says something similar...along the lines of you're out here to do something good and healthy...unlike all the others who are sitting on their couch watching cartoons!

Feeling a little better and a little more scared at the same time! There are 4 people per lane in the swim portion, and I'm the FIRST to go (at 5 second intervals). AND I have 3 dudes in my lane. I don't know, even though we theoretically all swim about the same pace according to what we reported, I would just feel better having girls in my lane for some reason. Can't wait to keep getting tapped on the foot that they want to pass... Oh yeah, and I rode over some glass on the trail on my ride the other day. Just went down to load my bike up and both tires were flat. Seems to be a slow leak, at least, so I pumped them all the way up. If they're flat in the morning, I'll look around transition for somebody who looks like they might be willing to help me change the flats. If they're only slightly flat, I'll just pump them up and hope I make it 12 miles! And then go to the bike shop after! Guess I shoulda checked them sooner, huh? :

And last, but not least, wanna hear some interesting news? Had a little conversation with STBX earlier this evening...
He wants to work on things!

Certainly not getting hopes up too high, but that's really the first time he's said this. He's said that he's confused and doesn't know what he wants several times, but never that he actually wanted to work on things. I don't know IF things are fixable at this point, but I am very cautiously optimistic. We shall see...

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#143 of 752 Old 06-07-2008, 08:16 AM

GL Gaye, I hope "working on things" goes smoothly, and that you get teh outcome that you want!!!

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#144 of 752 Old 06-07-2008, 08:47 AM

Whoa Gaye! Now that is certainly an interesting development. I really really hope he's serious, for both you and TJ . And have a great race! Can't wait to read the report.

poppy ~ love the pic of you and MB. I want to meet a Dingo !

It's scary here in central Indiana. Counties in a state of emergency, roads closed down, tornado sirens going off all night. Apparently, it rained 6 INCHES last night ! It's still pitch black out, in spite of the fact that it's almost 8:00am, and the thunder keeps on rolling. Scary. Guess we're not going anywere today, certainly NOT biking !

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#145 of 752 Old 06-07-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy View Post
And dh has the nerve to think I get to "relax and play at the pool".
My dh does this to me all the time!!

Jaygee~same here on the weather! I looked out back this morning around 7am and there was a river running through our back yard and a river/pond in our neighbors yard! Scary thing is that we are not low, nor in a flood plain, nor have we ever had flooding in our yards here. Yikes! I also saw some animal, large, waddling through the "riverbed" that was freaky looking. What crazy weather we are having!!!

Lisa

RR: oh yeah, I'm supposed to be running and working out?!? Have my GM here this week and 9am swim lessons (could ring dh's neck for signing them up for the 9am slot that I specifically told him NOT TO DO to us this year. No, I'm not bitter. grrr. ) so not much working out (unless you call marathon eating out a work out, he he). I'll get back into the swing of things next week...
#146 of 752 Old 06-07-2008, 09:40 AM

i went to go see the Sex and the City movie last night, and without giving any of the plot away - i just wanted to mention that Charlotte could be part of the Dingos and do us proud. It was a pretty good movie, lots of ups and downs and some tears were shed. I haven't been to a movie on a Friday night in years and years - so that was pretty fun.

no exercise to report for yesterday, but that's okay as I think taking rest days will be the key to finally fixing my back.

Good luck to the racers today! Gaye, that swim set up would make me nervous as well. sharing lanes makes me nervous in general. I'm worried about your bike tires, if you rode through glass I would definitely take off the tires, check them carefully for shards and replace the tubes. I'm not sure that they'll hold air for 1/2 of 12 miles...but good luck!
#147 of 752 Old 06-07-2008, 09:50 AM

: GO GAYE!!!!! Show those DUDES what you're made of!!!! :

And, yeah, totally interesting development. Follow your heart and instincts with that.

Dingoes who run with music, I need some song/artist recommendations. What are you liking right now?

Mama to three crazy, wonderful kiddos: dd1--12/2002, dd2--3/2005, and ds--3/2006

#148 of 752 Old 06-07-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post
i went to go see the Sex and the City movie last night, and without giving any of the plot away - i just wanted to mention that Charlotte could be part of the Dingos and do us proud. It was a pretty good movie, lots of ups and downs and some tears were shed. I haven't been to a movie on a Friday night in years and years - so that was pretty fun.
I went to see it with my mom on opening night. LOVED IT! I cried like a baby so many times (makes sense now.. I was pregnant and very emotional already) Charlotte would make a great Dingo, wouldn't see?

#149 of 752 Old 06-07-2008, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What a morning already:

DS has hand-foot-mouth (which should be called HFM&a$$ disease), and got up at 5:20 this morning.

I decided the kids needed hair cuts. Karen's went fine. Elliot now has less of an ear lobe than he did before I started. Poor guy. And in cleaning up, I broke two toes kicking the bathroom door (and one toenail is now folded in half lengthwise). The kids learned some new words today.

Let's hope that JayGee's thunderstorms take their time in getting here. My only hope for exercise today is to go swimming this afternoon. There's no way my foot will fit into a running shoe today.
#150 of 752 Old 06-07-2008, 11:34 AM
bec

Go GAYE, GO!!!!

22.5 hours and counting. I'm not nervous or anything!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page