Forum Jump: 

Old 07-01-2008, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Come one come all that want to loose 1lbs-5lbs.:

My Goals

Lose:
-5lbs (Updated goal weight: 105, I am 115.7 now)
-1% body fat (Goal to be in 21's% by the end of this month. I am hovering in the 22's%).
Exercise:
3 X a week weight lifting
4 X a week treadmill (At 10% incline and 3.4 MPH)
Try to walk the dog daily for over 30 mins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2008, 01:50 PM

OK I'm in

My goal, be a bit more physical (walk the kids instead of driving so much), keep up trimming portians (but not eliminating treats 100%) and to lose 5 in July

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

Old 07-01-2008, 02:58 PM

I'm in. I'd love to lose 10 lbs in July but 5 lbs would be nice too.

Jenny, proud maker of red things
Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 PM

I'm in. I've been hovering right around 192 for a month now, and i want to get below 190 but closer to 185 by the end of the month.
Goals: workout m-f elliptical and weights m,w,f take off the weekends
Keep track of every morsel eaten...

E Veg*n Mom to ds 6 : dd 3
Old 07-01-2008, 08:25 PM

Ohh, I really need to get my weight under control. I'm in for 5 lbs. We've been walking about 2 miles a day (pushing about 100 lbs in a double jogger in a very hilly neighborhood). I really need to get my addiction to ice cream under control. 5 lbs would be a good start though.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:13 PM

Okay, I'm in. I weigh 162.5 (BMI is 25.71) and eventually want to make it down to 140, which is what I weighed before my first child, which may just be entirely impossible.
diet: cutting out major dairy, cutting out all desserts/soda, trying to eat more whole vegetables/fruit, trying to cut down on white bread/rice/stuff like that, drinking 64 ounces of unsweetened diluted cranberry juice every day
exercise: aerobics video games (Wii Fit and Dance Dance Revolution) for at least 30 minutes a day (usually in the morning), walking with the kids for at least 30 minutes a day.

So far I've lost about 9 pounds in about a month and a week. I've decided to only weigh myself once a week because otherwise I get really depressed by the occasional meaningless spike. I've been feeling really good doing these workouts in the morning.

Mandy, mother to Alexandra (10/14/05) and William (12/21/07)
Old 07-01-2008, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymichel View Post
Okay, I'm in. I weigh 162.5 (BMI is 25.71) and eventually want to make it down to 140, which is what I weighed before my first child, which may just be entirely impossible.
diet: cutting out major dairy, cutting out all desserts/soda, trying to eat more whole vegetables/fruit, trying to cut down on white bread/rice/stuff like that, drinking 64 ounces of unsweetened diluted cranberry juice every day
exercise: aerobics video games (Wii Fit and Dance Dance Revolution) for at least 30 minutes a day (usually in the morning), walking with the kids for at least 30 minutes a day.

So far I've lost about 9 pounds in about a month and a week. I've decided to only weigh myself once a week because otherwise I get really depressed by the occasional meaningless spike. I've been feeling really good doing these workouts in the morning.
If you can find out your fat % that would be beneficial.
Body fat percentage is a much more reliable method of determining obesity and fitness levels than Body Mass Index (BMI).

Just to try to be helpful I would cut out that cranberry juice, 64oz is alot even if diluted.

Your goal to get down to 140 sounds great, how tall are you?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:52 AM

I'm 5' 7". I just looked up how to calculate the body fat % and it looks like I might need some measuring tape and an hour to myself.... I'm not sure what the % is, but I do remember calculating it once a long time ago and it was abyssmally high, not because I was very overweight at the time but because I've always had large hips.
The cranberrry juice actually helps, I think. It's only 70 calories a day for the whole 64 ounces and it totally suppresses my desire to snack and keeps me from having time to drink soda, juice, and other bad things. Plus, it's good for the gums and bladder. Though I might stop and just drink water because it is very expensive to buy the straight stuff.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:50 AM

I'm in. More would be nice, but 5lbs would make me happy.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm in. I'm 5'10 at 180 and my goal weight is 140-my pre dd2 post dd1 weight. I weighed 120 before dd1 and was WAY too skinny. 140 is a good weight for me.

I've been a member of the YMCA since June and haven't really noticed a weight change-though my endurance and strength has greatly increased.

Right now I do elliptical machine for @2 miles every day, weight train 3 X a week and yoga 3 X a week.

My problem is food. I'm vegetarian, but after I workout, I'm famished so I eat and eat and eat. Most carb-type foods. Leftover pasta, bread, rice, etc. Anything that's fast because I'm so hungry. I don't like to eat before working out because I get crampy and bloated. Not quite sure what to do here....
Old 07-03-2008, 03:35 PM

i'm in too!

i'm 125 right now, would like to be just under 120 but 120 even would be fine with me. i've got the vegetarian but loves carbs problem too.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:36 PM

I'm in, I'm 5'3" and 152 lbs.

And it looks like my body fat is 31%! OK, time to get going on this!

I'm cutting out the sugar snacks and trying the "7-9 servings of fruit and veggies a day" diet.

I'm looking for a bike and will start dragging the kids on walks again and try to get in at least 3 3-mile walks a week.

I have to go relatively slow because I'm bfing but if I loose weight by eating less sugar I think that that's fine.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:06 PM

I'd love to lose 5 or more in July. I have been keeping track of calories and calorie cycling. It seems like I've been gaining and losing the same few pounds for a long time.

What's everyone's plan for losing the weight?

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
Old 07-03-2008, 04:43 PM

Great idea, I need the motivation.
I'm 5"6, 156 lbs. BMI is 25.2 .I think I think I've gained about 10 pounds in the last year alone, and I don't want to keep gaining! How would I calculate %fat? Do they sell special scales that would give this?
My ideal weight is to eventually get down to 130 (that was my weight about 7 years ago).

I just moved a few weeks ago, and now I have access to great bike paths/running trails in the area. I am so excited! I am also going out today to purchase some free weights. I really like using them. I also have resistance tension bands w/ a video. I will go to the local library and borrow some yoga DVDs

Plan:
free weights/resistance bands 3x week
bike 3x week
yoga 3x week.

Food is my weekness, I seem to have a never ending appetite. I will reduce portion size, and only eat when hungry. I will allow my self a treat daily if desired, but only a bite or two.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post

My problem is food. I'm vegetarian, but after I workout, I'm famished so I eat and eat and eat. Most carb-type foods. Leftover pasta, bread, rice, etc. Anything that's fast because I'm so hungry. I don't like to eat before working out because I get crampy and bloated. Not quite sure what to do here....
You might want to try drinking a ton of water (I drink unsweetened diluted cranberry juice--one cup in 64 ounces of water). That kind of fluid intake really kills my appetite and I do at least 30 minutes of aerobics and leisurely walks every day. Before I started the fluids, I used to snack all day long and I would be STARVING at the end of the day. Now I snack very little. Sometimes snacking on high protein stuff if you have to snack helps, too.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostery View Post
I'm in, I'm 5'3" and 152 lbs.

And it looks like my body fat is 31%! OK, time to get going on this!

I'm cutting out the sugar snacks and trying the "7-9 servings of fruit and veggies a day" diet.

I'm looking for a bike and will start dragging the kids on walks again and try to get in at least 3 3-mile walks a week.

I have to go relatively slow because I'm bfing but if I loose weight by eating less sugar I think that that's fine.
Getting rid of all desserts has really helped me. I have two little kids so I don't have time to look at everything I eat and count grams of sugar and stuff like that, but I pretty much stay away from everything obvious--cookies, muffins, candy, doughnuts, soda, etc. I'm also ditching dairy, partly because my baby's sensitive to it, and partly because I completely abused it (dumping shredded cheese over everything I cooked). FWIW, I've lost about 9-10 pounds in the last month and a half and while it might be more than recommended while nursing, my supply is still going strong and my baby is still in the 95th percentile for weight.

I'm trying to eat more fruits/veggies myself. Fruit is easy and it tastes so good to me now that I don't eat desserts. But DH and I are so busy these days and it's sometimes hard to motivate myself to fix real meals with lots of veggies.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:52 PM

I ate quite well today, except for that chocolate shake . Still, better than I have been doing (chocolate upon rising, chocolate after, before and sometimes with meals, and chocolate at bedtime). Only 5 servings of veggies though, I know I can do better than that. Especially since I have a garden outside that is producing it's little heart out.

I did manage to drag the kids out on a walk. 4 miles roundtrip to the grocery store. I carried Primrose (no problem) and the groceries (urk!). There will be a lot less complaining if I get a bike and a trailer.

I started the day with 30 sit-ups and 20 push-ups, I need more upper body work, maybe some weights.

Tomorrow DH has the day off so I should be able to start the day with a nice long walk. And tomorrow I'll try to replace the chocolate shake with a nice Inca latte, or, better yet, some herbal tea. Maybe I'll make some veggie rich miso soup for breakfast, YUM!
Old 07-04-2008, 01:48 AM

I ate pretty well today, except for spicy fried chicken wings. I also had a kashi bar and cherries for a late snack about an hour ago. I'm trying not to snack so late so the food doesn't get stored as fat while I'm sleeping but it's hard to veg out and watch TV without snacking.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:23 AM

I've been bike shopping, so I can hopefully get exercise while shopping.

I'm thinking about getting this bike http://www.xtracycle.com/electra-townie-p-87.html because I could put the kids on the back or haul them in a trailer and the bike is pretty much one size fits all so DH could use it too.

I haven't biked in 20 years! I can't believe I'm considering spending so much money on doing it. Our local bike shop sells S.U.B.'s, hopefully they have a loaded electra townie that I can try out.

It's a new day and I haven't had any candy yet. The baby had a horrible night (possibly because DH dropped her on her head right before bed. I really think that a large part of my problem is sleep deprivation. I just crave sugar because I haven't had a full nights sleep in 4 years. DD1 doesn't nap anymore, so napping is out for me.

Well, maybe I'll have more energy with a better diet.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:44 PM

well, I went for a 45 minute bike ride around my new neighbourhood today. It was fantastic!

But I did eat that peice of apple pie, and my mom and sister are coming over for lunch, and we are going to have pizza

I will be good at dinner :
Old 07-04-2008, 03:47 PM

Roostery, that is a gorgeous bike! My bike is on loan from my mother, it's about 10 years old, but I got it all fixed up last week, and new brakes put on (cost me $100!), so it's as good as new now. Maybe you could find something used that just needs a little love and attention?
Old 07-04-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaaria View Post
Roostery, that is a gorgeous bike! My bike is on loan from my mother, it's about 10 years old, but I got it all fixed up last week, and new brakes put on (cost me $100!), so it's as good as new now. Maybe you could find something used that just needs a little love and attention?
I am looking used, too, but I fell in love with the Electra over the internet. I like a lot of stuff about it (good on hills, upright riding, feet on the ground when you stop, lightweight, and DH and I could both ride it). I had a garage sale bike 4 or 5 years ago but it wasn't right for my body and I couldn't ride it without pain. I have a neck problem and I really can't ride bent over. I'm not done looking yet, just drooling over the possibilities!
Old 07-04-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriansmummy View Post
Come one come all that want to loose 1lbs-5lbs.:

My Goals

Lose:
-4lbs (Goal weight 110, I am 114 now)
-1% body fat (Goal to be 21% by the end of this month. I am hovering in the 22%).
Exercise:
3 X a week weight lifting
4 X a week treadmill (At 10% incline and 3.4 MPH)
Try to walk the dog daily for over 30 mins
Ok seriously, with that schedule (And limiting to like 15 oreos a day <--- note to myself ) you'll be kicking at least 10 lbs! :

i'm in to loose 5. maybe by taking dandelion pills though.

ok seriously. I just got my ymca membership back and my dh is out of town 5 days a week until further notice so you can bet i'll be spending my life at the gym for a while. I dont know what I weigh yet though.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:14 AM

So I weighed in at 236 today- down another 1lb- and obviously, there's a lot that could go. I walked both ways to school yesterday, twice, instead of catching the bus, and we took a detour on the way home and went to the park and played football : A real win-win situation. DS3 is too little for a bike trailer yet so I can't cycle, and I don't have a gym membership but I'm still making the most of what I can do...

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:53 AM

I ate well yesterday, at least until I hit the 4th of July party. No, I still did pretty well. 7 servings of veggies, total, and I did a three mile walk on a steep hill (unfortunately I was accompanied by my family so it was a s -l-o-w 3 miles).

I did have ice cream, but it was a smallish serving and it was homemade blueberry. At least it wasn't chocolate.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:05 PM

Ok, I bought a new scale yesterday, and it measures body fat %

Mine is 29.6

I am really motivated to turn that fat to muscle!!

I know I have no muscle....I am such a weakling! I am dedicated to getting stronger
Old 07-05-2008, 04:14 PM

I'm in.

I've been keeping track of what I'm eating over on the accountability thread, and yesterday, I discovered I've lost 26 pounds since I last weighed!!! Granted, that was like 6 months ago, but still! I think this is the first time in my life I've ever actually lost weight (well, more than a pound or two). : I mean, I still have like 44 pounds to go, but I'm feeling inspired. So, maybe the scale isn't my arch nemesis. If that's the case, I'm thinking I could actually muster up the gall to weigh myself again at the end of July.

My goals
  • 5 pounds in July
  • Keeping up with eating healthy, including no more snacking on seeds/nuts/popcorn/etc. (I've been doing well with this recently!)
  • Actually having breakfast!
  • Taking the dogs and the kiddo for a walk at least a few times a week (I'm starting slowly)

Come visit us on Tangled Hill! One small family in a big, big world.
Peace through homemaking.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangled Hill View Post
I discovered I've lost 26 pounds since I last weighed!!!
:

YOU ROCK!
Old 07-05-2008, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I was in the June thread for this, and I did lose my 5 lbs.

I want to point out something (probably obnoxious) but it's "LOSE" weight not "LOOSE" weight. Clothes are loose after you lose weight.

I have been drinking plenty of water, trying to have at least 2 perfectly clear urinations a day. That means no water is being retained!

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:56 PM

Okays, I'm in. I had lost 25 lbs 3 weeks PP and was feeling pretty happy. Well, I finally weighed myself again last week (almost 5 mo. PP) only to find out that not only have I not lost anymore, I've picked up 3 more pounds. I'm just shy of 5' and 128 lbs at the moment. I'd like to get down to at least 115, maybe 110 but I'll see if that seems like a good idea when I get there. I fluctuated 95 - 100 lbs. pre-pregnancy, but that wasn't a good thing.

I honestly eat pretty well, and am vegan, so.. fast food isn't really an option, and we don't really buy "dessert" items, with the exception of all-fruit popsicles sometimes, which I REFUSE to give up. I love posicles. No dairy already, never really any fried food except the very occasional batch of falafel, and the also very occasional "egg" rolls when we rarely go out. Don't drink soda, I eat tons of veggies and some fruits, and I try to keep all the yeast-feeders down because I've been trying to get it under control.

My biggest problems? No *real* exercise to speak of, and a terrible habit of putting margarine on and in everything. A lot of it. It's terrible! And loading on the veganaise whenever possible. And a carb junkie extreme! Although I've been trying to work on that.

I know I need to drink a lot more water. I got a .6L Sigg bottle a while back, and I should be drinking at least 5 a day to get the recommended daily water intake. Usually I only drink a couple, mostly because I can nurse a cup or two of coffee *all day* with many microwaves.

I do want to go mild because I'm a BFing mama, but I think some of these things could change and be pretty safe I don't feel comfortable not snacking when I feel like I should have something, but the type of snack could certainly change.

So:

1) Getting some sit-ups in every day
2) er.. *not* putting margarine on everything
3) Putting a more reasonable amount of veganaise on things, or none
4) Never grabbing toast as a snack.
5) Drinking a lot more water, and just actually drinking my coffee so it's not what I'm picking up all day

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

User Tag List