Run with the Dingoes during the Dog Days of August - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeth View Post
does anybody else have a girl crush on Dara Torres?
~ on Saturday night my DH was making fun of me for crushing on her He kept saying, "You Looooooove her!" and cracking me up. I don't think I looked that hot at 21, never mind 41.

Well, I seem to have had another relapse last night. After my run, I began to shiver and my fever jumped back up to 102. I also got really nauseous and spent about 1/2 an hour in the bathroom, hoping I'd throw up, but I didn't. This thing has GOT TO END!

I have a new favorite "get psyched about racing" YouTube that I must share. It's triathlon related, but I think it's awesome! Check this out!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#302 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 09:52 AM

You can totally do it JayGee!! : (where the heck did this smiley come from anyways? LOL)

I'm in a hyper excited mood today because - I ran this morning!! : I didn't do a lot, kept it easy. I'm not even sure how far I went because I didn't keep track of time or distance - although I know I was gone for 45 minutes. I decided to skip the usual road route and jog on some trails in the conservation area near our house because I figured that would be easier on my knees.

I tried to stay focused on the Chi Running ideas and while I'm sure I have not got the form down completely right, it absolutely helped with my knees - like OMG. My right knee was still a little sore this morning but I decided to give it a go and it feels exactly the same now as before my run so I can tell there is some merit to this Chi Running thing.

I'm just so excited that I got to run again!

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#303 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 11:01 AM

HelloKitty ~ So glad your knee felt good this morning! :

JayGee ~ That damn bug... get better soon.

I've decided to do a walking workout from Fitness magazine. If I feel really good then I can throw some running into it, but I need a structure and I need to keep moving. So today I'm doing their strength routine.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#304 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLove View Post
I've decided to do a walking workout from Fitness magazine. If I feel really good then I can throw some running into it, but I need a structure and I need to keep moving. So today I'm doing their strength routine.
Good idea! Hope it goes well.

#305 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 11:43 AM

getting ready for the TM.

Have to say, I'm struggling this morning. My two older boys haven't even been gone 2 hours (to school), and I am missing them something fierce!! I'm talking stomach pains when I see their toys, etc. It's. so. quiet. sadly quiet. sniff, sniff. I knew it was going to be hard to have them gone, we had such a great summer together all the time. I also know that it will get easier, and I am looking forward to lots of time with my youngest. Sigh.

A run will help me feel better.
#306 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 11:53 AM

HelloKitty, count me in your camp. I ran today, not a lot, but some, and it felt OK. Going to try and keep running mileage low while still getting in a decent workout. Did more stretching and my strength exercises, too.

Took the day off work today and put the kids in daycare. I am going to write a couple thousand words, maybe do another walk in the afternoon, get the chores done, and then meet my sister and her kids for Chinese in town. Doing the same tomorrow (minus the Chinese). The net result of too much cake and smores over the weekend...along with the painful, bloated Oing like some of you were describing a couple pages back...is up two pounds. Probably more the Oing than the eating, but it is time to get on the TM daily again. I can do it.

JayGee, rest up. Get better. Then rock the race.

OK, time to move. Great day, Dingos!
#307 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKitty View Post
Being the newbie here it's hard to keep up with all these stories and I feel weird jumping in but I am anyways. LOL.
I also picked up a copy of Chi Running yesterday after reading about it at the yoga studio the other day. Has anyone used the book or taken a Chi Running class?
One of the old timers who occasionally pops in here, Dana (Loftmama), took a class I think in Austin. She loved it, IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommabelle View Post
What do you do? I love my shoe on the left foot, but the right one needs something a little different.
You should get an insert and spend 100 bucks on a good pair of work shoes. My MIL is a teacher of 30+ years. When I started teaching right out of college she told me to take my first paycheck and spend some serious $$ to get one or two pair of decent work shoes. She was right

HBM: I'm thinking of your brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommabelle View Post
My husband left his wallet in the buggy at Home Depot yesterday and when he went back to get it someone had already taken it. He called all day hoping that someone had turned it in, but it never happened. This afternoon the doorbell rang and I did not recognize the people, and had a headache and so simply did not answer the door. (I actually assumed they were religious people handing out information as this happens all the time in our neighborhood for some reason.) My dh found a note just a bit ago from these people, saying they had found his wallet and wanted to return it to him! I feel kind of stupid.
That's wonderful. I have to tell you, a few weeks ago I found a drivers license at the beach and popped it into the mail to the address, with just my return address. She wrote a thank you. : It's great to be on the returning end too!

We took our kiddos for a hike yesterday. I carried Leah the majority of the way up up up to Lookout Mountain and then down down down. I'm feeling it. I need new hiking shoes/boots -- I think I mgiht have a black toenail from load-carrying downhill. Urgh. I hate that. (Geofizz: there's tons of TREES in my dh's flickr -- go to my blog and you'll find a photo from his photostream ).

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#308 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 12:24 PM

Hi ladies. I'm back from an awesome Zumba class. : I hate to admit it, but I get much more of a "high" after Zumba than I do running right now. It just so danged FUN!

Dropped older kiddos off at school with a lot of excitement and then met some friends at the park with the little ones. I can't believe they're in 1st and 3rd grade. Wow!

HelloKitty-Do you know about Map my Run to track your distances? Glad you got a run in!

Mamabeth-The pg. friend is doing well. Due tomorrow and ready, but patient and calm. I gave her the Mamabeth carrier on Saturday and she loved it.

Jo-seriously, do you ever rest? I am always tired just from reading about you days!

Lisa-

Jenlove-the walking workout sounds like a great idea.

Jaygee-Gosh, that sounds awful. I hope you feel better SOON. I wish I were close enough to bring a meal by for y'all.

Eksmom-That darned knee! : I hope you find someone/thing to make it better.

Mommabelle-Can't wait to hear how the first day went at the new school!

Hoping to run tomorrow before body sculpt....
Love y'all

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#309 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKitty View Post
Aww man this sucks, last night my knee felt pretty good so I thought *maybe* I could run this morning. Perfect morning for it - nice and cool. Jumped out of bed and *ouch*. Still no running for me. This recovery seems like it's taking forever.
So I didn't convince you to see anyone with my longwinded post? I'm sure the guy at the running store was nice & helpful... but that's not the same as someone trained in gait analysis who will look at the angles & rotation of all your joints to narrow down the problem. And that's the end of my sermon and I will leave you alone now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
Awww man, eksmom, that sucks . I've always gone to the orthopedist and then gotten a referral to a PT from them. Your description of "clicking" sounds like a possible cartilage issue. I'd go to the doc first (I know.... just tear up my NFL card!)
Nahhhh. All the crunchy in the world can't put meniscus back together.

Eks, is the clicking painful? If not, then it's not something to worry about. If it is, and your knee tends to "lock up" on you, then you're talking meniscus. Probably. I'd actually go to the Ortho first so you can get an MRI. If you need your knee cleaned out, a PT can't help with that!

First day of "vacation" today. And already feeling behind on chores! But now I am going to head out and run some errands on my way to the pool. I tried to swim on Saturday, but a raging headache stopped me after 500M. I ran 3.82 in 37:55 last night, so that wasn't too bad. Right now I'm happy to stay under 10-min miles for anything over 3 miles. I still have yet to bike or run the entire Oly tri distances, much less OVER the distance, much less back to back, but that's OK. This year is just to do it and see what my baseline is, I guess.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#310 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeth View Post
does anybody else have a girl crush on Dara Torres?
I like her. My dd has a swim cap signed by her.. it was her award this year presented from her coach for summer swim team. Amazing what she is still doing with her 41 year old body!!!

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#311 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 03:29 PM

Has anyone heard from 2babybees? She was supposed to do the Sylvania Tri yesterday. She hasn't posted for awhile and there isn't a race report yet.

Have I missed some thing?

mothercat

Wife, mother, midwife, triathlete
#312 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 04:34 PM

Mothercat, I haven't heard from 2babybees in a long time. I miss her. I'm willing to bet she raced yesterday, though.

RM, hugs to you - hopefully your boys are home by now!

Jo, I hope the writing has gone well today!

Argh, sometimes I hate HMOs. Even though my knee is exactly like it was when I went to my primary care doc last summer (they did an x-ray and sent me on my way), I still have to go back for an appt before I can possibly get a referral to the ortho. I hate jumping through hoops.

The clicking itself is not painful, but the knee can be, if that makes sense. The clicking started when things were pretty painful last summer - especially going down stairs and similar activities. A few months into my pregnancy the pain finally went away but the clicking remained. This morning I sat down and extended my legs to check the differences between my knees. Right knee does lots of grinding and crunching (that you can both hear and feel) during the extension. Left knee does not. Left knee has never hurt, right knee will if I push it, or apparently even if I try to build up distance sensibly.

I dread going to my family doc because I have a feeling he's going to rail on me for my weight, and I don't want to try to have a discussion about the relationship between losing weight and breastfeeding. Yes, I know I'm carrying extra weight, yes, I know that's bad for my knee. I would like to see what exercise does for my weight before I start counting calories. I need to be able to do cardio, let's get my knee fixed please.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#313 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksmom View Post
I dread going to my family doc because I have a feeling he's going to rail on me for my weight, and I don't want to try to have a discussion about the relationship between losing weight and breastfeeding. Yes, I know I'm carrying extra weight, yes, I know that's bad for my knee. I would like to see what exercise does for my weight before I start counting calories. I need to be able to do cardio, let's get my knee fixed please.
are you kidding? eks, you look fine - particularly for having a baby what two months ago? it'll come off in due time, with exercise and time. geez - tell him i said to stuff it!
#314 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 05:24 PM

Thank you for the love and hugs!! I can finally : because my boys are home again. They both had a great day, were in good spirits. My 8yo told me that he thought about me all day and missed me. Awww! I love, love, love my boys!!! I just completed "my" homework (parent forms from school) and ready to love on my boys. :

RR: I ran a little over 4 miles this morning and ate all but 4 of a bag of choc. covered pretlzes. Okay, that's how I cope.

Lisa

Eks~I agree with KM, you look perfect!!
#315 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 05:31 PM

Lisa, your post made me smile . I'm glad your boys had such a good day at school. DS starts on Wednesday, First Grade..... gulp! And DD1 begins her second year of preschool on the 25th ! Oh, and have you decided on the Nov. 1 1/2 marathon yet? If you decide to do it, maybe we could get together for a long run or two beforehand.

eks ~ ditto everyone else. You just had a baby for Pete's sake! I really hope you can get the knee issue straightened out.

I'm still feeling a little blech. I'm contemplating a bike ride tonight. Nothing long or fast, just a little something to get the lead out.

#316 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

glad your boys are home again, RM. They are SO blessed to have you for their mama.

Oh Dara Torres and her 41 year old HOT abs....sigh. my dh was also making TOTAL fun of me. but it is motivating me to not skimp on the abs yoga as I have been doing in this sickness. have y'all SEEN the stretches she does? she has people walk on her and such.

well me and the kiddos started out having a terrible day. I knew it was going to be bad if we stayed home but I didn't insist that we go somewhere because I just didn't want to fight about it. Well, it got out of control with the running around, jumping on furniture, fighting, etc, and I forced everyone out the door to the park (it was not quite so hot today) and a picnic (fast food : ) lunch and then home and immediately to the pool, where we stayed for several hours. VERY nice and much needed. I just need to get my mama butt in gear, but I am not a very good kid "cruise director" some days. AND everyone else seemed to go back to school, but we met up with some really nice homeschooling families from our neighborhood at the pool, and it ended up being a good day after all.

and unfortunately, my appetite is back after the illness..... I cannot get enough to eat today!
#317 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 05:37 PM

Add me to the list of first day of "school" - even though ours is a new preschool. our beloved in home DCP (for the last year) moved to the other side of town and DD started her new preschool today - the one that required them to be potty trained so : that it went okay.

I'm hopeful, bc DD has never seen the kid-size potties before, and we spent about 15 minutes this AM at drop off trying all three of the "tiny potties!"

I'm counting down til I can leave early and go pick her up

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#318 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 06:03 PM

Thanks on the weight comments. It's just that when I saw this doctor for the first time in May 2005 it was when I was already in the process of losing weight. I had been working very hard and had lost 22 lbs. I told him this but it was like he didn't even process it. Rather than saying anything encouraging or acknowledging that I was losing, he just jumped on me about my weight - which coincidentally at that time was exactly what it is now. So I have reason to believe he is going to have something to say, unless he decides to give me a pass for being 3.5 mos. postpartum. I'm not real fond of this doc in general, I should really find a new one. I wish there was a DrJen in my town!

I am carrying about 20-25 more lbs. than I would like to. I'm not overly worried about it and not really ready to do anything about it diet-wise. I'm still making up for the 9 month long hatred of food that is pregnancy. It will come off when me and my body are ready (hee, I just typed "boy" instead of "body" - and that's true too! ).

ETA: What have they done to Fitday? I logged in to look up my 2005 weight and the site is totally different. This might be the motivation I need to switch to Sparkpeople (again, when/if I'm ready to count calories).

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#319 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post
JayGee, rest up. Get better. Then rock the race.
: What she said, exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
I still have yet to bike or run the entire Oly tri distances, much less OVER the distance, much less back to back, but that's OK. This year is just to do it and see what my baseline is, I guess.
Megs, don't worry about it too much. I have managed to get over the bike and run distances several times, but I've only managed 2 or 3 brick workouts all summer. Training with your 2 year old just doesn't lend itself to bricks very well! You're gonna do great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate~mom View Post
are you kidding? eks, you look fine - particularly for having a baby what two months ago? it'll come off in due time, with exercise and time. geez - tell him i said to stuff it!
: Again, what she said, exactly!

rr~I decided to go to spin class today. It was fun, but hard. It's amazing how cycling outside and spin class can both be so hard, but in completely different ways. This is a class that has a ton of regulars in it, and they were all like "Hey! Where have you been??" Um, yeah, when I went to get my spin shoes, no joke--they had spider webs in the cleat complete with dead spider. :

H tried to call biker dude on Saturday and no response yet. He did talk to a lawyer (or at least an assistant) this morning who pretty much confirmed that we weren't negligent and therefore shouldn't be liable. I guess we'll see if they call back. I'm kind of thinking that their lack of response says that if we hear from them, it will be from their lawyer, in which case, we'll call the insurance and say bring it on.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#320 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksmom View Post
So I have reason to believe he is going to have something to say, unless he decides to give me a pass for being 3.5 mos. postpartum. I'm not real fond of this doc in general, I should really find a new one. I wish there was a DrJen in my town!

I am carrying about 20-25 more lbs. than I would like to.
a. I don't like this doctor already.
b. 20-25 extra pounds with a baby in the house is nothing. 20-25 extra pounds with a 2 year old, then I could see suggesting loosing weight.
and supposing this guy is being all cranky about your weight -- hello, you can't get the weight down effectively without exercising and you need your knee for most exercise.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#321 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 06:11 PM

Our first day of school is over too! The kids had a great time and both loved their teachers and I do too!: Dd's teacher is expecting around T-giving time, but the sub that is coming in just retired from teaching at the school last year and the scoop is that she's good, so I'm not worried.

My job is just that...a job! The women I work with are great though and the tuition break is awesome. My legs and feet ache at the end of the day, but running or any exercise actually makes them feel better.

I'm contacting my reference person this week so I can send that in to the county. I've always worked with children and that's what I really like to do. The only other thing that really interest me besides that is teaching German, and I will have to take two more classes to do that. I do get to teach Sun School this year, so that's something to look forward too.

JayGee..My Mom had some wierd virus this past weekend, with the headache and neckache and stomach thing.

I hope I don't catch any of y'alls bugs!

Gotta go, will catch up later!
#322 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
So I didn't convince you to see anyone with my longwinded post? I'm sure the guy at the running store was nice & helpful... but that's not the same as someone trained in gait analysis who will look at the angles & rotation of all your joints to narrow down the problem. And that's the end of my sermon and I will leave you alone now.
I actually do have a call into my doctor based on your post, but it will likely take me quite a while to get in to see a PT - this time of year here it's pretty much a nightmare getting an appointment anywhere. So in the meantime, I don't like sitting around waiting - decided to explore other solutions as well.

#323 of 913 Old 08-11-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Lisa, your post made me smile . I'm glad your boys had such a good day at school. DS starts on Wednesday, First Grade..... gulp! And DD1 begins her second year of preschool on the 25th ! Oh, and have you decided on the Nov. 1 1/2 marathon yet? If you decide to do it, maybe we could get together for a long run or two beforehand.

eks ~ ditto everyone else. You just had a baby for Pete's sake! I really hope you can get the knee issue straightened out.

I'm still feeling a little blech. I'm contemplating a bike ride tonight. Nothing long or fast, just a little something to get the lead out.
Hope your illness is GONE! I hear ya on the school front! Mine are in first and third. geez time flies!

........I'm waiting for the o.k. from dh for the half.....then I'll fill out the form! Thanks for the kick in the pants, I need something to motivate me and I need the kick in the pants to get it. I'd love to do some runs together before hand too!!
#324 of 913 Old 08-12-2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post
painful, bloated Oing like some of you were describing a couple pages back...is up two pounds. Probably more the Oing than the eating
OMG! This is completely me too all of a sudden! What's going on with us? I've never had such gross bloating or noticable O ing before but now it a real deal. Could we all be going through a phase? Please someone say this shall pass!

I've been reading along with about 0 time to type. Ali G has been cutting an upper tooth and she's sustained a quite high fever for the past 24 hours. She's so uncomfortable and restless poor kid, can't sleep, can't get comfy. Um so that goes for me too At least I know that it's all about the tooth.

I had a whole pile of multi-quotes, I forgot about the new expiration thing. Of well, let me think:
HBM - Sending prayers out for those poor girls that they can learn to recognize sincere love when they get it. How sad and hard and stresssful for everyone.
JayGee - Hope you're better now.
DrJen - Hope you've dodged the bullet
Eks - I'm with KERC, that doc gets the big ole stink eye from me.
MB - I LOVE that you are a girl crush having chickpastor! And congrats on the job if I forgot to chime in earlier!
And thanks all for the champagne wishes on Friday. Dh and I had a really nice anniversary. We went kayaking (I loved it, he didn't really but was nice about it), had a yummy lunch out and then went to see The Tempest at the outdoor amphitheater here with the girls.
Hmm, I'm blanking on what else is happening, I think I'd better try to get to bed on time tonight, we signed up for Netflix and I've been sleep deprived ever since.

Night mamas!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#325 of 913 Old 08-12-2008, 02:21 AM

Taking a quick break from labor sitting. My laboring client has her room temp set at about refrigerator level and I needed to thaw out my hands. It's funny, because after griping about labors a week ago, this one is making me remember why I love my job. I've taken care of this young woman since she was 15, she's 21 now. I did her first pelvic exam back when she decided to become sexually active for the first time. She eventually married that same guy, a strong silent type who is currently got his arms wrapped around her and hasn't left her side except to pee. Her mom is my patient, her grandmother is my patient, her brother ran cross country with my son, her cousins ran in the 5K with us Fri night and in fact her one cousin was 2nd overall (he's 17, and finished in 16:06!) Some times I love being a small town doc. Anyway, she's 7 cms, and was 3 3 hours ago, so hopefully she'll be holding a baby soon!
#326 of 913 Old 08-12-2008, 08:45 AM

Dr. Jen, love hearing about your births!!!

Sparkpeople, fitday, etc.... I have not looke at fit day in a long time, but I've "heard" people at 3fat chick complaining about the chnages. I've been tracking weigth and measurements at sparkpeople, but I am now loving The daily plate for calorie/food tracking. IME it is easier and has many more foods listed that I eat

My oldest started school yesterday.. 3rd and 1st grade like many otehrs here. I missed them, but it was nice being able to pick up an dclean teh house a bit. My oldest loves her teacher and likes her class. My 2nd does too, but her real teacher is out for 2 montsh on maternity leave. My 2nd is very esy going, so she will be fine, but it's always a bummer having a "sub" for a few months.

I really don;t want to HS or pay private tuition, but IMO the PS day is just too long. I wish my kids went to school 7:30-12 noon or somethign like that.

Headed to the gym today. I plan on doing cardio machines in front of teh TV's b/c I love the olympics! I'm still not feeling 100%, this is a yucky virus that I have.

I haven't really seen teh scale move in 3-4 weeks, despite 2 weeks of hard and numerous workouts, and 2 weeks of low intensity workouts while feeling bad.. and good diet tracking. I was really discourgaed last week when I was expecting to see teh scale drop, and it did not. I think it is catching up though, b/c it is looking like I may be down 3-5 lbs over the last few days. 9 year low for me, yay! I just have to keep going. I also need to measure myself, b/c I feel smallr (LOL)

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#327 of 913 Old 08-12-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathToria View Post
I really don;t want to HS or pay private tuition, but IMO the PS day is just too long. I wish my kids went to school 7:30-12 noon or somethign like that.
Me too! They are so tired and then have, IMO, a lot of homework for their ages and afterschool activities. We're all exhausted at the end of the day. They have to get up so early that bedtime is 7:30. *Sigh* Then they hit middle school and it flip-flops-they don't get out until 3:55 and home until 4:30 or later.

I'm heading to body sculpt this morning and then hoping to do a little speedwork on the TM if my legs can handle it.

Plady and Jo (and Callie)-The O thing is just making me crazy, too. : As if I need my stupid hormones influencing another part of my life.

Doctorjen-I'm so glad you found the doctor love again.

Eksmom-I agree with KERC, that doctor stinks.

Mbelle-glad your kiddos had a good first day.

#328 of 913 Old 08-12-2008, 10:09 AM

DrJen, I hope the birth went great!!!

Gigi, I'm right there with you on this virus thing. Ugh, it just will not go away! I use Sparkpeople right now, but I may have to check out the Daily Plate.

And I totally agree that the PS day is way too long. DS is out the door by 8:30 and doesn't get home until almost 4:00. I can't imagine what it will be like when they are in high school and have sports and activities after school too.

I biked 20 miles last night, very slowly. My total time was a full 8 minutes longer than I usually take for the same distance. Still, I'm glad I did it. This morning I'm attempting a short run and swim at the Y. Then it's off to meet-the-teacher for DS !!!! And then braving the crowds at Target to buy his school supplies !

#329 of 913 Old 08-12-2008, 10:18 AM

All this talk about school ... out of curiosity .. does anyone homeschool?

I'm having a homemade tropical smoothie and then it's off to pick up the house a little. I have a friend coming over to do yoga with me this morning. She's 2 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy and wants to learn. :

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#330 of 913 Old 08-12-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I biked 20 miles last night, very slowly. My total time was a full 8 minutes longer than I usually take for the same distance. Still, I'm glad I did it. This morning I'm attempting a short run and swim at the Y. Then it's off to meet-the-teacher for DS !!!! And then braving the crowds at Target to buy his school supplies !
Dude, I hope you are feeling a LOT better to do something as crazy as braving the Target school supply section right before the start of school!!! Good Luck.

Jenlove-Patti homeschools and I'm pretty sure Party of 7 does, too. We did it for one year and decided it just wasn't the best fit for our family. I swore my kids would never go to public school, but they are in one now and we're pretty happy with it.

Incredibly hard body sculpt done for today. She was extra hard b/c so many people were back from breaks over the summer. My entire body is shot right now. Maybe a run tomorrow...if my legs work.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page