Run with the Dingoes during the Dog Days of August - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#601 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That over teh neck frank n bean hammock is too much!!!

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#602 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

FRANKS AND BEANS! FRANKS AND BEANS!

did anyone else see the paparazzi shots of Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey where he was wearing her (banana hammock) swimsuit one day? same effect.

I have SCORED in a thrift way this week...I got some Ralph Lauren shoes, some Clarks shoes, and an Ann Taylor suit at goodwill, and then last night dh picked up some bar stools from freecycle (which HBM will be happy about when she comes to our kitchen!) that we have needed for, oh, seven years or so. now on to busy day before big church party tomorrow.
#603 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post
re: spotting - those of you that have experienced spotting, can you give me an idea of how much you saw? just a little red on the tp? more than that?
With Erin: maybe a little red on the TP every day for weeks.

With Leah: I think I had a vanishing twin -- you might vaguely remember the saga -- I was at a super bowl party and began what I thought was enough flow for a normal . Went home, continued with the flow. Next day I'm at work and I seriously had to go home because I had a massive burst of flow that meant I leaked through my undies + pants. Thank God it was a Sunday and no one was around. While changing my clothes at home I went to the bathroom and passed a giant clot that to me looked like it could have been the yolk sac. Call my doc, she says bring it to the ER and get checked out. So I fish it out, doc says yep that sure looks like the yolk sac. He sends me back to ultrasound to check that "everything has passed" and the US tech doesn't know what's going on but says, "And there's your baby's heartbeat." It was quite the afternoon. Bleeding continued more or less until about 13 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz View Post
You didn't ask my advice, but here goes: Moving closer to work might mean more driving to see family, but unless you're doing family get-togethers daily, that might mean less driving overall.

Disclaimer: I hate commuting, so we've always been <3 miles from work.
That was pretty much what I was thinking. I mean driving one day a week to go for dinner is do-able. Although I will add for the sake of disclosure -- I live >3 miles from both of my current jobs.

Towsonmama: waht's the job?

drjen: How's the little guy today?

jooj: I have serious end of summer pangs as well. Although I would give the light therapy a try if you're really worried. As I understand it -- it isn't THAT long of a time commitment. Sigh. If only we could be outside during the middle of the day and work during the late afternoons.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#604 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathToria View Post
: That's awesome. I also thought for a sec it was Towson's dh!

MB- Way to go at GW! I love thrift stores. There's always something.

Nothing big to report. Our tkd workout was cut a little bit short when the master had to leave and he left the next highest ranking person in charge. That happened to be a 13 year old and it was pretty funny how fast quiet discipline gave way when we saw the master's car drive off. I must admit my rulesy-sits-in-the-front-of-class-does-my-homework-on-time-pays-attention (you know, your typical annoying brown-noser ) self was more than a little shocked to see my very own dh inciting mayhem with the kids. First he convinced them (it wasn't hard) to do a general American Gladiator thing with these padded bats. Then he recommended dodge ball which he turned out to be quite the master of. It was fun and funny. But hardly normal. But I guess that's having a substitute teacher for you right?

The house is still tidy!! Woot woot! for Day 2! Okay, today I'm taking my Burley to town for groceries and library run. Even if it rains! So there PNW weather!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#605 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjen View Post
My little patient and his godmother are both out of surgery and doing okay for now
Thank goodness, at least it is that part done. I will continue to send good thoughts to them.

Quote:
re: spotting - those of you that have experienced spotting, can you give me an idea of how much you saw? just a little red on the tp? more than that?
Umm, verging on TMI, sometimes just a little red, sometimes some real discharge. What color is it?

to everyone else. I was having a bad day yesterday, today is a little better.
#606 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balancin1 View Post
Thank goodness, at least it is that part done. I will continue to send good thoughts to them.

Umm, verging on TMI, sometimes just a little red, sometimes some real discharge. What color is it?

Glad you're having a better day. one day at a time.

sorry about all the tmi questions - but thanks to those who have shared. it's bright red and seems a little mucousy and there's enough that I wore a cloth pad today cause it was getting on the unders. i've just never experienced anything like this and am a little weirded out.
#607 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 12:03 PM

When I had def. implantation spotting, there was a little on the tp and a little on a pantyliner. It also wasn't red like typical AF... it was more of a burnt orange/brownish color.

The other cycle when I had spotting, it was bright red on the tp and pantyliner and there was a little bit more of it.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#608 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 12:04 PM

isn't bright red the sign of current bleeding and brownish = old blood? I think regardless of what it is, it is the official signal that you should be sitting with your feet up and a cool drink in hand.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#609 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerc View Post
isn't bright red the sign of current bleeding and brownish = old blood? I think regardless of what it is, it is the official signal that you should be sitting with your feet up and a cool drink in hand.
: Seriously Mandy, you do have the most varied responses to stress. Is there any way you can de-stress your life? I know, I know I'm not breaking new ground with that thought, but you do seem to take on so much more than your average human and act like it's normal. But from what I've learned Kerc is totally right. Bright red bleeding is a STOP sign - regardless of the reason.

DrJen - I'm sending out prayers for your little guy. That must be so terrifying for the parents. And how cool of the godmother. : :

Balancin1 - coming your way mama.

Jo - One of the first things we bought here was a SAD light (at a garage sale!). We haven't tried it yet but dh got it up and running the other day. I can keep you posted. Lots of people here have told us they couldn't do winter without one though.

#610 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 12:41 PM

i think i'm figuring out that this is within the realm of normal, and that's all i need to figure out at this moment. i'll just hang out and see what happens. There's been so much this summer stress oriented, not sure how to have less stress at this point.
#611 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 01:29 PM

{{{Mandy}}}

Nothing is ever too TMI for the Dingoes.

OK, I need to get my buns on the bike for 25+ miles today. I'm debating riding to REI, or packing up the bike & driving there first... don't want to have to pack walking shoes or a bike lock... I just want to get some fueling-type junk before a long ride today and before Sunday.

I'm having serious inferiority worries about Sunday. Mostly because I know I can finish, but then I'm going to be passed out the rest of the day when I want to be enjoying a Dingo Meetup and my little family.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#612 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 02:43 PM

I haven't been on here all week-I just wanted to pop on here and let you know that my father passed away last Friday. I did not get to the Hospital in time, but my mom, brother and husband were with him when he died.It was odd, because Thursday evening he was doing really well and was the most improved that he had been since being in the H. However, I have heard so many times before that a lot of times people rally right before they go-kind of like one last fight. I am still trying to process everything and help K as well-she was so close to him. We let her lead us as to what she wanted to do-and she ended up participating in everything right along with us

I will write more later-just wanted to let you guys know.
#613 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm so sorry.
#614 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 02:46 PM

pumpkinseed - I am so sorry.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#615 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 02:47 PM

Oh Pumpkinseed, I am so very sorry. Lean on us as much as you need to.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#616 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 02:50 PM

pumpkinseed Your family is in my prayers today.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#617 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 02:59 PM

so sorry pumpkinseed. My dad died when I was in college, in a hospital after a "routine" surgery, and he was recovering fine and then just died that night. anyway, i'll pray for you

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#618 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 03:17 PM

Oh, Pumpkinseed, I'm so sorry. Many good thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Chelsea, it's good to see you too, mama... been thinking about you.

And belated commiseration for JenLove w/ her pregnancy cold. Ohhhh... that was so. not. fun.

Mandy, these are vibes for reduced stress: :

DrJen, : for your patient and his godmother.

Plady I had to laugh at your tkd session...

I've been reading along but not much to say since I have done no forward motion in 2 weeks. I kicked the mastitis without antibiotics so that was a good thing, and finally as of today the last bit of hard spot in my boob seems to be gone. We are still fighting DS's rash... I have a thread over in Diapering if you are interested in the latest.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#619 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 04:07 PM

Pumpkinseed -- thoughts of strength and healing go your way. I'm so very, very sorry for the loss of your Dad.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#620 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 04:37 PM

P'seed...so very sorry for your loss!
#621 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 04:41 PM

Pumpkinseed - I'm so sorry to hear about your father. s
#622 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 04:45 PM

((((Pumpkinseed)))))))))
#623 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 05:27 PM

pumpkinseed

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#624 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 05:35 PM

pumpkinseed, I am so sorry to hear of your news.
#625 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 05:44 PM

Hi, would it be okay if I joined in?
I used to do a lot of running before I had kids, then I kind of fell out of the habit. I started running again this year, but took it a bit too fast (that and I made the mistake of lugging my 40lb son up the side of a mountain on my back, in retrospect, not so smart...), and now have several stress fractures as a result. So I'm out of commission for running for the next 5 weeks (I've already been out for 5, so I'm half way there).
I've been swimming to keep active, and the doctor says I can bike if I want to, though I'd have to stay seated. I haven't gotten my bike in to get it tunned up though, and it really needs some new tires.
Anyone have any advice on getting back into running in a way that I can remain injury free after I heal?
#626 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 05:56 PM

Pumpkinseed - I'm so sorry about your Dad.

Cate - Welcome! this is a good place for that question. Not that I have any experience with real injury. I'm betting that taking it slow and building up gradually is at least part of the answer though.

#627 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 05:59 PM

Pumpkinseed - so sorry to hear about your dad. My dad died suddenly when he was 59 (he'd had heart failure for years, but we had no warning) It's hard when you don't get a chance to say goodbye.

Noah and his godmother are doing well - early signs suggest the transplant is a success.

Cate - welcome! Don't know much about your specific issue, but someone will!
#628 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz View Post
What's the job?
English teacher--12th grade, British Lit. It's at a totally awesome private school for kids with learning disabilities. They practice an arts-based approach to education and it's an incredibly creatively-nurturing and inspiring environment, for students and staff. It's basically my dream job so it definitely softens having to return after staying at home for three years.

Quote:
towsonmama - congrats on your new job! and good for you for making it happen (from another woman who got the FT job when dh couldn't find anything)
Thanks! It's so nice to know I'm not the only one who has had to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathToria View Post
Franks and beans!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balancin1 View Post

Keep taking it one day at a time. One hour at a time if you need to.

p'seed~ and I'm so sorry.

Cate!!! Take it easy when you start back up and listen to your body. Running should never cause pain.

Mama to three crazy, wonderful kiddos: dd1--12/2002, dd2--3/2005, and ds--3/2006

#629 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 06:07 PM

Cate, I'm really heavy, and have re fractured a foot bone that I broke 20 years ago. I re fracture it quite often, adbout once every 2-3 years. When I 1st feel it, I stop running. I wrap an ace bandage when I am at home. I increase my calcium supplements (not sure if this really helps, LOL). I have found that having new runnign shoes and having squishy gel inserts helps a lot. HTH

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#630 of 913 Old 08-21-2008, 06:08 PM

So glad everyone found the frank and beans comment to be so funny :. That's exactly what it looks like, LOL

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page