Summer Runs Into Fall and Dingoes Run in September... - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 816 Old 09-05-2008, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My brother has his ironman this Sunday. In wisconsin. He called me from the plane yesterday am, and said I can trach his progress on www.ironmanlive.com He said he has in finish in 17 hours, but is shooting for 13 hours. Anyway, I'll be looking for his results on Sunday!

OT: is anyone ISO dipes? I loved loved loved my stash, and I am selling it now. AIO's up here http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=537605 I'll be listing fitteds, wool and nighttime fitteds later this week

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#122 of 816 Old 09-05-2008, 02:57 PM

Good luck to your brother, Gigi!!! Ironman.... WOW!!!!

And I've got a race tomorrow as well . Go Girl Sprint Tri.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#123 of 816 Old 09-05-2008, 03:03 PM

Thanks for that Moonshine and Jaygee!

Here goes: (I'm not trying to step on the race keepers toes, just helps me to see the dates easier)

September 6
moonshine - 4 miler
JayGee - Go Girl Sprint Triathlon

September 14
HelloKitty - 1st Annual Mighty Meehan 5K Run For Research

September 20
babybugmama - USAF Half Marathon

September 21
TJsmama – Boulder tri Bebes Sprint Tri

September 28
shantimama - toronto waterfront half-marathon
Penelope - 10K -
pumpkinseed - 10 miler -

October 5
Naughty Dingo - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon -
nancy926 - Leaf Peepers Half Marathon -

October 11
towsonmama - Baltimore Marathon -

October 12
DrJen - Chicago Marathon -
SugarAndSun - Steamtown Marathon -

October 13
HelloKitty – Tufts Health Plan 10K for Women

October 18
Kate~mom – Women’s 5K Classic (5 miler)

November 1
JayGee - Indianapolis Monumental Half-Marathon -

November 27
its_our_family - 99th Annual Thanksgiving Day Race (Cincinnati) -
HBM, mamabeth, & Mommabelle - Atlanta Half-Marathon -
#124 of 816 Old 09-05-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeth View Post
hope everything's okay with your ta tas!
I'm sure everything is fine, but I found a little lump I want to have checked out. My mom has fybrocystic breast disease and has had quite a few lumps, so I'm assuming I'm heading in that direction. Oh joy. :

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#125 of 816 Old 09-05-2008, 03:40 PM
bec

Teehee, Mamabeth said "ta tas"

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#126 of 816 Old 09-05-2008, 03:53 PM

CathToria-
That is funny that you mention the watch from costco. That is the one I was looking at it is only 20 bucks here in west MI so I figure what do i have to loose I need the watch mine conked a month ago and I have been lost w/out it. So I think I just want the cool looking watch. Ha!
Anyway I think I am going to rely on the RPE method since it is working well for me right now and I don't have any reason to worry abut my HR at this point in time.

HBM- Thinking of you today
oh and Yeah! for Zumba shoes!

So today is my off day not sure why but just worked out that way, I did walk with DS to the library. I am getting sad beacause DS is getting to tall and like most almost 3yr.old boys he is really wanting to run. I am so not ready to give up wearing him, probably since he is my baby. The thing is my 4.5 dd is lighter than DS and she loves to still ride so it is always a race to mama to see who gets the turn. I really will be sad when I'm no longer a baby wearn' mama
#127 of 816 Old 09-05-2008, 04:40 PM

I got a little longer run in today at lunch. : I'm testing out my lungs right now, as I don't want to spiral back down to feeling like an elephant is sitting on my chest.
Anyway, it was a run!!! I have to quickly get back on progress!

JayGee...try not to have too much fun at your appointment!

MB..will it be a romantic dinner?!

mmm..must sip on my yummy afternoon coffee, so that I can sip on something else later!!
#128 of 816 Old 09-05-2008, 05:09 PM

MBelle, here's hoping....it will mostly be a "DH is not working and kids are not needing stuff every five seconds" dinner. So, if that spells romantic, okay with me.

HBM, let us know. or if you need a playdate for Jo. or a mama playdate.

at least I didn't say BAZONGAS!
#129 of 816 Old 09-05-2008, 05:24 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeth View Post

at least I didn't say BAZONGAS!

#130 of 816 Old 09-05-2008, 05:42 PM

You ladies are cracking me up with the ta tas and bazongas. Hey, nobody said anything about hooters, though!

I really need some comic relief after this morning's travels. DS was a complete and total BRAT on the plane. He started this thing earlier this week where he thinks it's really really funny to yell. Just a short little "AH". OVER AND OVER AND OVER UNTIL YOU THINK YOUR EARS ARE GOING TO BLEED. So, yeah, he did that on the plane. Refused to be entertained by anything that I had brought with me. He also thought it was really funny to whack mommy in the face. I'm starting to realize that I am a complete disciplinary moron because I just don't know how to get through to him. Ignoring is not working. Saying no is not working. Timeout is not working (not that I could do that on the plane anyway). Taking things away as punishment is not working (like his bunny when he keeps throwing him even though I told him to stop). ARGH. I know he's just two, but it's really starting to drive me nuts. And I have to get in a car with him by myself tomorrow for 6 1/2 hours worth of driving time.

I did pick up 5 (yes, 5) Elmo dvds for the trip. My best friend says they're toddler crack and I'm hoping. It's definitely his favorite part of Sesame Street. Thomas the tank engine was a big flop on the plane. He had never watched it before (he really doesn't watch much tv besides Sesame Street and sometimes the Wiggles) but the Thomas dvds were really cheap at Costco and he likes trains, so I figured it was worth a shot. I got about 10 minutes out of them. I also have cookies and other treats galore that he's rarely allowed. I don't care if it's bribery. I don't care if he's on a major sugar high when we get to South Dakota. I can always hand him off to grandma and grandpa and retire to my hotel room for some peace and quiet.

Needless to say, no forward motion today, and most likely none tomorrow. This whole "vacation" thing is killing my training!

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#131 of 816 Old 09-05-2008, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mamas, was diagnosed with pneumonia today . Thought it was just my asthma acting up but I got feverish and sweaty, etc. so I went to the doctor. He listened, took an x-ray, and I'm now out of work etc. (the first week of school! ACK!) for at least a week. Not to mention running.

Just gonna watch you all run for a while I guess...

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#132 of 816 Old 09-05-2008, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Nickarolla, Ug, Take care of yourself and feel better soon. What do you teach, by the way?

Gaye, Parenting on the Move, Parenting in public, and Parenting a 2 year old are all forms of Black Belt Parenting. You did all three with that plane trip. It's just tough, and in a lot of ways, there isn't a right answer. For noisy kids, though, I go for the other toddler crack: Goldfish. Camping dingos have witnessed my kids' ability to consume the fish. The advantage on a plane is that you can't yell when your mouth is full, and it makes you thirsty to drink form a sippy on descent.

And in our family, all nutritional bets are off when on a long car ride. Want more candy? Sure kid, help yourself. :

Good luck tomorrow. I wish you a sane trip.
#133 of 816 Old 09-05-2008, 09:06 PM

nic~ That's really stinky. Here's hoping you're feeling better VERY soon.

geo~I did get him somewhat quiet for a while with yogurt-covered fruit bites...handed out one at a time. Unfortunately I only had the whole wheat bunny crackers, which are apparently not nearly as appealing as the cheddar ones!

Almost forgot to wish good luck to our racers tomorrow!

GO JAYGEE GO!!!!
GO MOONSHINE GO!!!!

surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#134 of 816 Old 09-05-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz View Post

Gaye, Parenting on the Move, Parenting in public, and Parenting a 2 year old are all forms of Black Belt Parenting.
laughup That is one of the best lines ever!

Gaye-Wishing you the best possible drive.

Nic-I'm so sorry. I hope you get better quickly.

Mamabeth-Have a great time tonight! :

Mommabelle-Where did you find that runner smilie????

Rene-It's so bittersweet watching them get big, isn't it? :

Ladies, I appreciate all of your regards for my melons.
I ran 2.5 while Lydia was at tennis lessons tonight. It was the first time I've ever experienced a reaction to air quality and it was really hot. Not the best run, but a run nonetheless.

#135 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 12:01 AM

HBM..the jogger was down in hobbies/domestic tasks!
#136 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 08:14 AM

Well, we are soon off to the races. (couldn't help it ) Both DDs are going to do the kid race. The rain has miraculously stopped for the morning, so I take that as a good sign.

JayGee, good luck today on your race!!!!!!!!!!
#137 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 08:25 AM

Go Moonshine!!!!

Go Jaygee!!!!

#138 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 10:36 AM

4.6 done this morning.

Where the heck is everybody?

#139 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 10:48 AM

Hi! I'm here. wanna go shoe shopping later??????

I did a 5K with my neighbor this morning and it was HILLY. AS. CRAP. OMG, I should have realized that when even she said it had some hills that it was going to be bad. I remember thinking at some point in the race, "Oh, so this is what crossing my lactate threshold is like! I remember this!" She got hardware for the 45-49 YO division and I got....um....nothing, until I can run it in 23 freaking minutes. Atlanta running community is fast. I did it in 28 and felt good about it til I saw the awards. oh well! it was fun and a lovely morning.

can't wait to hear the "real" race reports!

ETA: we had the BEST dinner last night. so much fun. if you're a foodie, go here for the menu. The good thing about small plates is that you feel like you ordered a TON of stuff and it was probably the same amount as a normal dinner. just awesome.
#140 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 10:53 AM

I'm here reading along, but really no running. I've just lost my motivation. I did do a walkathon at kids school one with each boy, the second with ds3 on my back, so that counts for something. I'm also keeping up on my push up challenge, which sure is challenging!

DH and I think we have had some sort of stomach bug for over 2 weeks now. Might be seeing the first signs of improvement though. Haven't been eating much (no desire+stomach pain if I do=no eat) so I'm hoping once I can eat "normal" again, I'll have the umph to do some running.

Okay, off to fold some more laundry! :
#141 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 11:04 AM

I'm here, but not for long!

mamabeth~ 28 minutes is very respectable, IMO. Of course, my 27 minute 5k probably wouldn't even get me into the top 1/3 here in Colorado. Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere where there weren't so many running/triathlon crazy people so that I might actually have a chance at placing. But then I remember that if I lived in those places, there probably wouldn't be very many races to run!

rm~: for getting your mojo back!

The car is packed, and we're ready to go. Well, once I get DS up and dressed, anyway. I'm hoping to make it about halfway before stopping for lunch and to let DS run around somewhere for awhile. : for Elmo working! Time to get little man up and head out for a quick bagel and coffee run. Next stop, Rapid City (I hope!).

#142 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Nickarolaberry - Take good care of yourself

Runningmommy - my name needs to come off the race list for the Toronto half in September

Homebirthmommy -

I was all set to get outside moving this morning when dh realized he has to work all day today. I would have gotten up sooner if I had known - I will try for some sort of forward motion late tonight instead.
#143 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 01:54 PM

mamabeth -
Awesome job on the hills!!

GOOD LUCK MOONSHINE
GOOD LUCK JAY GEE

tjs - we have had lots of those fun plane experiences and I can commiserate.

I am gearing up to take DD to a bday party at Chuck E Cheese (or Chuckit Cheese as DD says) this afternoon...

nic - hope you feel better!!!

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#144 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 02:02 PM

I am back. I survived. My goal was to finish in an hour, and according to my ipod nike thing, I did it in 49:47. I know that the official time will be different because every time I ran past a clock, it was different. It was good, not quite as hard as I thought it would be. DH managed to pull in under 40 min. and the kids loved their races, although they felt that they were a bit short.

Will post a longer report later. Must go rest now.
#145 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 02:19 PM

WOO HOO MOONSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
#146 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 02:27 PM

WTG, Moonshine!!!

My 18 miles got postponed today due to Hurricane Hanna. It's been raining like crazy all day. I need the nail-biting nervous smilie for this run. It's a new distance for me and the last 16 miler I did was PAINFUL!!! More mentally tough than physically tough though, so that's good right? Any words of encouragement/mantras to help through the low points?

Mama to three crazy, wonderful kiddos: dd1--12/2002, dd2--3/2005, and ds--3/2006

#147 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wow, moonshine. I wish I could do a 12:30 mile for 4 miles with a week of training! Way to jump back in with both feet.

2.5 mile run to report this morning - I ended up with 25 minutes on my hand, and I took it.

Elliot's napping. Karen's got a playdate. And I have a cup of wonderful tea to drink while coordinating DD's fall soccer team.
#148 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 03:49 PM

Geo..tea sounds good! It would be great to have dingo cafe today!

Moonshine...You did great!

JayGee..waiting to hear!

MB..WTG on your race!

I did a upper body workout today. I will be sore tomorrow.

Our little plans today fell through for the evening. WAaaaa! My house is tidy too (ok, just the downstairs!) You're all welcome to come over and mess it up though!
#149 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 04:02 PM
bec

Ladies, I need some help. I think my new shoes are stinky. This week has been the first real running I have done with them, and after 13 miles, I had to stop my long run only 1.3 miles into it because my knee was hurting so much! It's on the outside of the knee, towards the front of the leg, but not the very front. Nothing else has changed, and I haven't had knee pain since beginning running. I didn't twist anything funny, or sleep wrong or anything! I even had a good, protein rich breakfast! Plus a Gu before going out. I had to walk the 1.3 miles back. I'm icing it, and then I was thinking of going to the running store I bought them from and asking them about it. I had a kid fit me for these shoes when I went in, and, well, let's just say, he wasn't the most attentive of salespeople. I had to lace my own shoes, he never looked at my gate with or without them, and seemed to be mostly paying attention to the other teen girl that was getting shoes for herself. The problem is that I don't know where my receipt is, and the time to return them has expired, not to mention, I've run outside on them. So, I am thinking it might be $90 totatlly wasted.:

#150 of 816 Old 09-06-2008, 04:25 PM

Bec-I'd totally take them back. You might want to speak to the manager and express your concerns about how you were fitted. I hope it feels better soon.

Mommabelle-Dingo Party?!?!

Mamabeth-I'd love to go shoe shopping, but I have to go to a fish fry at FIL's church.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page