Using Byron Katie's "The Work" on Weight Issues - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-17-2008, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone interested in exploring this with me? I recently became interested in this after hearing Oprah's podcasts with Byron Katie, and am now reading "Loving What Is." I have found "The Work" to be amazing in the short time I've been doing it, but I find it really challlenging to apply to my weight issues--especially finding turnarounds that resonate with me. Is anyone else using The Work and having these issues (or want to talk about other aspects of The Work as it applies to weight)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2008, 03:28 PM

I too have been doing the work. I probably need to do it on body/weight, but I've been doing it on parenting issues (I have a toddler). I'm kind of struggling with that it seems that I could just spend the entire day writing/doing the work.

I did join a group in our area that meets 1 x month to do the work--I've only been once, but I think that will help becuase the ladies in the group are very experienced.

I know that doing the work is going to make me a better mom & help me to pass on good healthy things to my son.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Banned

i'm going to get some of her works to understand what The Work is, but if i do understand it, it falls in line with "the secret" and the like. . .law of attarction, etc.

i have applied this to weight issues and i find that affirmations Do work very well for me. what is tough is working out the negative self-talk and putting in positive, reality talk.

User Tag List