Callanetics anyone? - Mothering Forums
Fitness and Weight Management > Callanetics anyone?
kamesennin's Avatar kamesennin 07:17 PM 11-04-2008
I ordered a Callanetics dvd (10 years younger in 10 hours) and it should be here any day! Anyone else doing Callanetics?

vegmom's Avatar vegmom 01:58 AM 11-07-2008
I have done callanetics before and do have it on video.

I love doing the video because of the stretching. She has a very calming voice. I practice it like I would if I did yoga. Yoga is not my thing but callanetics gets me to relax and stretch my muscles.

When I started, I lost some weight but I was running as well. I can't honestly say it was callanetics.

But I love Callan Pickney. She has a beautiful dancers physique that I covet when I do the vids!
kamesennin's Avatar kamesennin 11:36 PM 11-08-2008
I did the first hour yesterday! Holy crap it was soo hard. I couldn't even keep up with the older lady on the dvd. I am sore today so I'll try it again tomorrow.
mom0810's Avatar mom0810 11:37 PM 11-08-2008
Oh my gosh, I remember back in the 80's when my mom had that book! There is a dvd? Seriously? I would love to do it. Where did you find it? I used to work out with the book all the time.
vegmom's Avatar vegmom 12:27 PM 11-09-2008
The older lady is Callan's mom. She looks wonderful!
kamesennin's Avatar kamesennin 01:25 AM 11-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom0810 View Post
Oh my gosh, I remember back in the 80's when my mom had that book! There is a dvd? Seriously? I would love to do it. Where did you find it? I used to work out with the book all the time.
You should get the dvd!! I got it off amazon. THere are several different ones but I got the 10 years younger in 10 hours dvd. I think it is very relaxing. I hate stretching too so it is great to have someone "force" me to do it.
Up