Exercise and Big "Ta-Tas"... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 11-04-2008, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay. I have an issue. I have big ta tas... I wear a 42 DDD bra (I'm nursing, but even not nursing I am a 40 DD). I REALLY wanna work out (seriously need to lose weight - not baby weight (I am below my pre-preggy weight just due to being so sick during pregnancy) just WEIGHT! I am tired of being big! But it really is hard with these big old things bopping up and down! It HURTS!!!!!!!! Are there any other big ta-ta mommas that work out? (IE jogging, aerobics) What do you do do "corral" your big boobs? I have tried sports bras, but they just seem to make them bounce "together" in one big bounce! I am in PAIN when I work out (even when I do a very light jog/fast walk - just to rush somewhere) and also I feel VERY self conscious of these big ol' things bopping up and down, but I don't know how else to help lose weight if I can't get moving! HELP!

TIA

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 11-04-2008, 10:28 PM

Swimming!
#3 of 18 Old 11-04-2008, 10:58 PM

Well, I wear my regular bras when I workout. I am 38F at the moment and 42G when I started losing weight.

I don't do any cardio though so I can't really help you with jogging and such.
#4 of 18 Old 11-04-2008, 11:03 PM

i'm subbing to this one. i really, really want to run in a Race for the Cure but the only things stopping me from training are my boobs. oh... the irony.
hope some other big chested runners have some advice!!
#5 of 18 Old 11-04-2008, 11:23 PM

The enell is great for running.

But I now wear 2-3 bras a day. Maybe overkill, but it's how I feel most comfortable. the 1st one that I put on is my fave playtex cotton underwire bra. very basic. Then I top it with a pull over sports/compression bra racerback. I tend to buy them a size smaller, so they compress well. And sometimes I get in a 3rd bra that's built into a tank top (but that bra is pretty whimpy)

I was only doing this for workout days. but I ound that I am just more comfortable even not workout out when I have the extra bra on. The n if i need to run or carry a load of laundry upstairs... I am just more comfortable

even with teh enell, I double up...... HTH

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#6 of 18 Old 11-04-2008, 11:29 PM

I second the recommendation for the enell bra (www.enell.com). It's super-duper supportive. I really can't workout in anything else.

Have you been fitted for a bra lately? I found that a regular bra on my low-impact days is enough if it's well fitting. Good luck!

B.
Mama to : July '06
#7 of 18 Old 11-04-2008, 11:42 PM

actually pain while exercising is insurance criteria for a breast reduction. Not sure if it is something you would be interested in at some point but just wanted to point that out.
#8 of 18 Old 11-05-2008, 12:18 AM

I was a 38F (and nursing) when I first started working out after DS was born. I loved and still use the Moving Comfort Fiona bra. It's the first sports bra I've ever used that I didn't have uncomfortable bounce with. I run, bike, hike, everything in it, it's great! Plus, a bonus, the way the straps adjust makes it work as a nursing bra, too.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#9 of 18 Old 11-05-2008, 12:22 AM

Ennell sports bra! Seriously. Awesome. i'm a 36DDD and it's the only thing that keeps them in place.
#10 of 18 Old 11-05-2008, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks SOOO much, ladies!! Money is tight right now, so I will be saving my pennies for an Ennell and/or a Moving Comfort Fiona!

Thank you! Thank you!

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
#11 of 18 Old 11-05-2008, 10:28 AM

Moving comfort also makes a great one called Maia. It's very supportive. If I were just getting one, I'd totally get the Enell.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#12 of 18 Old 11-05-2008, 12:05 PM

40 G here...

Are you weight training at all (great workout, without the big tata impact)? Also, you could always (while you're saving) use ace bandages around the tatas over your bra (you know the elastic fabric that people wrap around their sprained ancles or something)...or choose a lower impact exercise--walking, walking with weights, swimming, bike...

But really, it sounds like you need a bra fitting...to make sure you're wearing the right size.

GOOD LUCK!
#13 of 18 Old 11-05-2008, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've spent years struggling with this one. I've found a couple things work adequately.

-I once found a bra that was meant for back support so it had big, wide straps with a large criss-cross on the back. It held me in very well.
-Currently I use an underwire bra I found at a plus-sized store in Canada. It is actually their sports bra but with the underwire I find that makes all the difference.
-Often I have found that just the most supportive underwire bra I can find is MUCH better than any sports bra.
-When I need additional support (ie. for running) I add a pullover sports bra - the extra compression seems to help some.
-I always choose bras a little tighter than I would like for every day wear - especially in the band.

I must admit I do avoid activities like running specifically for this reason (I DESPISE jumping jacks!) & try to stick to things that burn as many calories without the bounce (the rower is fabulous!!!)

I have a friend who always wears 2 or 3 bras - ugh - so uncomfortable!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#14 of 18 Old 11-06-2008, 12:40 AM

I run up to 10 k, and found the only way I can do this comfortably is as follows:
2 sports bras (1 tback, 1 regular worn on top to catch the overflow, haha) and a tight yoga top on top of that. I get very warm, but it doesn't hurt to run. I should add that the sport bras are at least a size too small.

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#15 of 18 Old 11-06-2008, 10:32 AM

yeah... the only way I've been able to solve this problem is with multiple bra's.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#16 of 18 Old 11-06-2008, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much, ladies!! I really appreciate all the help and advice!

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
#17 of 18 Old 11-06-2008, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian View Post
yeah... the only way I've been able to solve this problem is with multiple bra's.
Me too

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#18 of 18 Old 11-07-2008, 04:30 PM

try ebay. sometimes you can get a real deal on enell bras there. just make sure you double check the sizing. sometimes they sell off sizes there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page