Second Coming - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2008, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there any Christian belief about Jesus being born a Jew for his second coming? Any specific beliefs about where he will come from and how?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 08:10 PM

There are probably different beliefs in other denominations, but in mine, and at least some traditional Christian sects, Jesus is not going to be born a second time, as a Jew or otherwise. When he returns, it will be unmistakably as God, and it will happen just before the universe comes to an end.
Quote:
Matthew 24:29-30: "...the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from the heavens, and the powers of heaven shall be moved; and then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven; and then shall all tribes of the earth mourn; and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven with much power and majesty."
Old 12-11-2008, 10:41 AM

What do you mean by "born a Jew"?? Born yet again as a baby, and growing up all over again? He was born Jewish the first time around.

As far as I know, Christianity assumes that Jesus' second coming will be with him as God incarnate and victorious King and all of that, rather than another birth.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Yes I meant born as a baby. I guess I always assumed that.

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:01 PM

My church thinks of it metaphorically as something that can be born in each of us, each day.

"Unity understands the Second Coming as the individual experience of the Christ consciousness. This is not an event to be anticipated in the future. It is happening here and now, through prayer, meditation, study, and application."

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom View Post
What do you mean by "born a Jew"?? Born yet again as a baby, and growing up all over again? He was born Jewish the first time around.

As far as I know, Christianity assumes that Jesus' second coming will be with him as God incarnate and victorious King and all of that, rather than another birth.
I think this is the general consensus among most mainstream Christian views-Christ coming back as Lord and King. According to (most) Christian philosophy, a second birth would not be necessary since what was needed to be accomplished (salvation of man from his sins) has already been done through Christ's death on the cross.

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

Old 01-07-2009, 05:14 AM

Second Coming to everyone I know, and the way I understand the Bible to mean is to come again, in the sky as a full grown man (in His heavenly body). Not born again as a baby. That would be more reincarnation, with is not a Christian view that I have ever heard of.

To say He was born again as a child would never be able to be proved, as how can you prove a spirit is the same as one here from before. I don't believe in reincarnation and would never believe someone that claimed to be Christ "born again".

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.

User Tag List