Xtian mamas- does it say in the Bible that God is white? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-19-2004, 01:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow!

When I wrote "Your Kidding Right?" I was giggleing to myself. I have read many comments written by Darryl and have enjoyed her insights. Such threads as "Was Jesus Married?" She has givin me many things to think about.

I am suprised to see that many of you guys remember that I am a new christian. That makes me feel like I am being paid attention to. Thanks!

I never ment to offend by my comment and sorry if I did. Im a pretty ez goin and liberal christian.

Back to the topic. It seem like my grandmother who is Mormon also shares this view of the Africans being the only humans evolved from monkeys. Not to say that this is a mormon belief cuz I dont think it is. Thats too bad. But she comes from a generation where they had serigation. Maybe this was used to justify her predijusim.

Sorry I cant spell. Also . . . NAK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2004, 05:13 AM

FYI...the LDS church (Mormon)does not believe Africans were decendants of monkeys...NAK right now..., but just wanted to make that point
Old 04-19-2004, 10:30 AM

Megan Cherry,

Oh, you were kidding when you asked if I was kidding? We didn't get it. Next time, maybe use a winking smilie?

And thanks for the compliment!
Old 04-19-2004, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I never ment to offend by my comment and sorry if I did. Im a pretty ez goin and liberal christian.
Sorry MC, hadn't met ya yet and didn't get it. Better wink at us next time!

Here's tracymom, lightening up now: :LOL
Old 04-19-2004, 06:10 PM

ok, I guess I need to add my apologies too. Use that winking smilie girl! :LOL

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

Old 04-19-2004, 08:56 PM

Just as a point of clarification:

Posting to invalidate someone else's belief (questioning the existence of their diety) is against the guidelines for the Spirituality forum.

Quote:
While we will not restrict discussions to persons of the faith being discussed we will be active in discouraging an individual from posting for the purpose of disagreement, with no interest in practicing the faith or belief in discussion, or to prove a faith or a belief to be wrong, misguided, or not based on fact.
It is however ok in the Religious Studies subforum which is a more appropriate venue for this thread (and so I moved it).

But please remember which forum you are posting in before clicking the send button.

User Tag List